Tuesday, March 24, 2015
This April, Antenna TV is adding two '70s classics to its line-up! As we mentioned, One Day at a Time and The Jeffersons are coming in 2015, but now we have a date. Both will launch on the schedule on Monday, April 6, 2015! But first, The Jeffersons will have a "Movin' On Up To 40" Marathon for its 40th anniversary on Saturday, April 4 from 8pm through Sunday, April 5 8pm. It is 24-hours of George & Weezie! Before we get back to the new schedule, on Wednesday, April 1, Antenna TV will present a Three Stooges April Fools Day marathon beginning at 12 midnight through 3am the next day on Thursday, April 2. That's 27 hours of those fumbling fools! Now onto the new schedule! There will be time changes as usual throughout the line-up. The Jeffersons will air weeknights at 10pm & 10:30pm leading into One Day at a Time at 11pm & 11:30pm. The Jeffersons will also air Sundays at 7pm & 7:30pm, while One Day at a Time airs at 9pm & 9:30pm on Sunday nights. Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Flipper, and The Partridge Family are returning to the schedule, back on weekends. Flipper on Saturdays from 3-4pm, Partridge Family on Saturdays from 5-6pm, and Hitchcock on both nights from 2-3am. With all of these new additions and returnees, only two shows will be off the line-up: Circus Boy & WKRP in Cincinnati. The latter was removed from its weeknights from 7-8pm hour recently for the return of Sanford & Son.
The rest of the line-up is mainly time changes. The weeknights from 5pm-1am will now be classic '70s sitcoms with an hour each of Three's Company, Barney Miller, Sanford & Son, Good Times, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, One Day at a Time and more Three's Company. On Sundays, the '70s line-up airs from 4pm-11pm with All in the Family, Maude, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, One Day at a Time, and Three's Company. Speaking of Three's Company, weekend play has been added, airing on weekends from 10-11pm, while its spin-offs The Ropers and Three's a Crowd will air Saturdays 7-8pm and Sundays 12-1pm. Discuss and view the full new Antenna TV spring 2015 schedule here!
Sticking to our digital multicast network theme, COZI TV, the network designed to deliver viewers an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience, announced it has signed an affiliation agreement with Meredith Corporation, bringing its iconic shows and movies to viewers in seven new markets later this spring. Additionally, WFFP in Lynchburg, Virginia has signed on as a COZI TV affiliate and will be launching the network in the coming weeks. Under the agreement with Meredith, COZI TV will be launching this spring on the multicast channels of seven local stations owned by Meredith, including WGCL in Atlanta, KPHO in Phoenix, KPTV in Portland, WSMV in Nashville, WHNS in Greenville, WNEM in Flint and WSHM in Springfield, Massachusetts. COZI TV has also reached an agreement with WFFP in Lynchburg, which is owned by Morning Star Broadcasting. With this latest expansion, COZI TV is now available in approximately 80 million U.S. homes or over 70 percent of the country. COZI TV now has 74 affiliates, serving nine of the top 10 U.S. television markets.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.