Tuesday, March 24, 2015
This April, Antenna TV is adding two '70s classics to its line-up! As we mentioned, One Day at a Time and The Jeffersons are coming in 2015, but now we have a date. Both will launch on the schedule on Monday, April 6, 2015! But first, The Jeffersons will have a "Movin' On Up To 40" Marathon for its 40th anniversary on Saturday, April 4 from 8pm through Sunday, April 5 8pm. It is 24-hours of George & Weezie! Before we get back to the new schedule, on Wednesday, April 1, Antenna TV will present a Three Stooges April Fools Day marathon beginning at 12 midnight through 3am the next day on Thursday, April 2. That's 27 hours of those fumbling fools! Now onto the new schedule! There will be time changes as usual throughout the line-up. The Jeffersons will air weeknights at 10pm & 10:30pm leading into One Day at a Time at 11pm & 11:30pm. The Jeffersons will also air Sundays at 7pm & 7:30pm, while One Day at a Time airs at 9pm & 9:30pm on Sunday nights. Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Flipper, and The Partridge Family are returning to the schedule, back on weekends. Flipper on Saturdays from 3-4pm, Partridge Family on Saturdays from 5-6pm, and Hitchcock on both nights from 2-3am. With all of these new additions and returnees, only two shows will be off the line-up: Circus Boy & WKRP in Cincinnati. The latter was removed from its weeknights from 7-8pm hour recently for the return of Sanford & Son.
The rest of the line-up is mainly time changes. The weeknights from 5pm-1am will now be classic '70s sitcoms with an hour each of Three's Company, Barney Miller, Sanford & Son, Good Times, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, One Day at a Time and more Three's Company. On Sundays, the '70s line-up airs from 4pm-11pm with All in the Family, Maude, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, One Day at a Time, and Three's Company. Speaking of Three's Company, weekend play has been added, airing on weekends from 10-11pm, while its spin-offs The Ropers and Three's a Crowd will air Saturdays 7-8pm and Sundays 12-1pm. Discuss and view the full new Antenna TV spring 2015 schedule here!
Sticking to our digital multicast network theme, COZI TV, the network designed to deliver viewers an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience, announced it has signed an affiliation agreement with Meredith Corporation, bringing its iconic shows and movies to viewers in seven new markets later this spring. Additionally, WFFP in Lynchburg, Virginia has signed on as a COZI TV affiliate and will be launching the network in the coming weeks. Under the agreement with Meredith, COZI TV will be launching this spring on the multicast channels of seven local stations owned by Meredith, including WGCL in Atlanta, KPHO in Phoenix, KPTV in Portland, WSMV in Nashville, WHNS in Greenville, WNEM in Flint and WSHM in Springfield, Massachusetts. COZI TV has also reached an agreement with WFFP in Lynchburg, which is owned by Morning Star Broadcasting. With this latest expansion, COZI TV is now available in approximately 80 million U.S. homes or over 70 percent of the country. COZI TV now has 74 affiliates, serving nine of the top 10 U.S. television markets.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.