Monday, January 05, 2015
Last summer we announced that Antenna TV had acquired many series for 2015. Now some of them are launching right now in January! In fact, the new Antenna TV January 2015 schedule starts today. Six of the eleven series they announced are joining the schedule. The series joining the line-up are Leave it to Beaver, Mr. Belvedere, Newhart, Doogie Howser M.D., Small Wonder and Evening Shade (one note is that Leave it to Beaver is returning to Antenna TV after airing on MeTV). So you'll have to wait later this year for the other series: The Jeffersons, Mork & Mindy, One Day at a Time, Family Ties, and Dear John. Anyway, back to the January 2015 schedule, as always there are a lot of time changes. Hazel is also returning to the schedule (airing weekdays 9-10am), while The Ropers and Three's a Crowd get regular weekend airings now (Saturdays 6-7pm and Sundays 12-1pm) instead of airing within the Three's Company rotation. Also returning to Antenna TV is The Three Stooges, airing Sundays 7-8am. As for the new series, Leave it to Beaver will air weekdays from 4-5pm, Saturdays 5-6pm and Sundays 2-3pm. Mr. Belvedere will air weekdays from 5-6pm, Saturdays 11pm-12am and Sundays 6-7pm. Newhart launches tonight with a special finale/pilot episode event, with the series finale airing first at 10pm, followed by the pilot episode at 10:30pm. The Bob Newhart '80s comedy will air weekdays 10-11pm and weekends 9-10pm. Doogie Howser M.D. will air late nights on weeknights from 2-3am, Saturdays 10-11pm and Sundays 7-8pm. Small Wonder and Evening Shade will only air on weekends, with Small Wonder on Saturdays 3-4pm and Sundays 5-6pm. Evening Shade is weekends from 8-9pm.
With all of these additions and returns, some series will be leaving the schedule. Expiring or on hiatus series are: Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Bachelor Father, Diff'rent Strokes, Flipper, It Takes A Thief, Married...with Children, Partridge Family, Sanford And Son, The Nanny and Tooned In. The weekday morning schedule will consist of black and white sitcoms from 6am-5pm, while the '70s/'80s comedies take over from 5pm-3am. The Saturday primetime line-up features the new '80s additions, as does Sundays from 5pm-9pm. View and discuss the entire Antenna TV January 2015 schedule so you don't miss any of your favorites!
Actress Donna Douglas, best known for her role as Elly May Clampett in The Beverly Hillbillies, has died. She died at Baton Rouge General Hospital in Zachary, Louisiana on January 1 from pancreatic cancer. Ms. Douglas was 82.
Douglas' early sitcom appearances included Bachelor Father, Hennesey, Pete and Gladys and Mister Ed. Some of her drama appearances included Tightrope, U.S. Marshal, Whirlybirds, Lock Up, The Detectives, Route 66, Thriller, Checkmate, 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside 6, Dr. Kildare and Twilight Zone. Her film credits included Career, Lover Come Back and Frankie and Johnny (with Elvis Presley).
Douglas was selected from among 500 young actresses for the role of Elly May Clampett in The Beverly Hillbillies. The popular CBS sitcom ran for nine seasons and 274 episodes from 1962-1971. The series also starred Buddy Ebsen, Irene Ryan, Max Baer, Jr, Raymond Bailey and Nancy Kulp. Elly May was the only child of Jed and Rose Ellen Clampett. She was a tomboy who loved all kinds of critters. Douglas joined Ebsen and Culp in the 1981 CBS TV movie Return of the Beverly Hillbillies. She reunited with Ebsen and Baer in the 1993 CBS TV special The Legend of the Beverly Hillbillies.
Some of her later television appearances included Night Gallery, Love, American Style, Adam-12, McMillan & Wife, Project U.F.O., The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! and The Nanny. Following her acting career, she briefly worked as a real estate agent. She frequently performed as a gospel singer and was an inspirational speaker at many church groups, youth groups and schools. Douglas wrote several children's books and published a cookbook in 2013.
Survivors include her son, Danny P. Bourgeois, and a niece, Charlene Smith. Donna was a talented and beautiful actress. She seemed like a very sweet lady with all of her charity work. She always appeared to be appreciative of her fans. We will deeply miss her.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 21
The Middle - "Dental Hijinks" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Frankie tries to get a stubborn Mike to go see Dr. Goodwin to take care of his toothache, Mike convinces the good doctor to leave his tooth alone and tell Frankie that everything was ok. But the two find themselves fabricating a story that’s so ludicrous that they fear Frankie will figure out the truth. Meanwhile, since they are nearing the end of their senior year at college, Axl, Hutch and Kenny decide it’s time to sell the fabled Winnebago; Sue tries her best to let college golf cart driver Tyler know that she likes him; and Brick attempts to write a historic Scottish rap musical – a la “Hamilton” – focusing on the life of Sergeant Charles Stuart MacKenzie.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Gloves Are Off" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica accidentally befriends Marvin’s ex-wife, Sarah (Heather Locklear), and tries to help her and Honey settle their longstanding rift. Meanwhile, Louis and the boys are on a mission to determine Grandma’s true age in hopes of surprising her with a new, free motorized wheelchair.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Confirmation" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Shannon asks VP Murray to be her godfather leading up to her confirmation, Eileen fears her own relationship with him might be moving too fast. Shannon’s big day also has a surprising effect on Kenny’s relationship when Brett says, “I love you,” sending Kenny into a tailspin. Meanwhile, the return of a hot former babysitter puts Pat and Jimmy at odds when she constantly makes passes at Pat.
New Girl - "Rumsprings" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess gets nervous about starting her new position as principal, Nick and Schmidt decide to take her on a relaxing day trip to Solvang, which quickly goes “sideways.” Meanwhile, with Cece’s help, Winston tries to finalize his divorce from Rhonda, but finds that he and Aly are caught in a series of never-ending pranks.
The Mick - "The Baggage" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey’s unwanted suitors team up to thwart her new romance. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Alba teach Ben a lesson in responsibility.
The Detour - "The City" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin isn't thrilled about Nate's new job in New York City, but the family heads out from Syracuse anyway.
Teachers - "Brokebitch Mountain" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Feldman can’t make ends meet on her salary and takes a second job. Ms. Watson notices a romantic spark between two of her second grade students. The Teachers take advantage of Principal Pearson.
Tuesday, February 21
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of the 2011 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison talks about Girls and Get Out on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about Rock Dog on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Judd Hirsch (Superior Donuts/Dear John/Taxi) and Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Judd and Jermaine are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym and Kim Gravel help a woman snoop through two bachelors' homes in order to choose which she should date on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Ashley Gerasimovich (The Detour) - Ashley is a guest on Cheddar at 12:15pm. Ashley and Liam Carroll will be on Facebook Live on the TBS Facebook account at approx. 4:00pm. Ashley, Liam, Jason Jones and Natalie Zea will be on Facebook live at approx. 8:00PM EST on the official The Detour Facebook page.