Thursday, January 29, 2015
ABC Family's Young & Hungry Season 2 Returns March 25; Bravo Celebrates the Oscars with Neil Patrick Harris
ABC Family announced the second season of hit sitcom Young & Hungry, along with the season premiere of the funny, scary prank show Freak Out, will premiere on Wednesday, March 25, 2015. Young & Hungry's second season picks up with Gabi (Emily Osment) surprised by the return of ex-boyfriend Cooper (guest star Jesse McCartney), just as her boss, Josh (Jonathan Sadowski), has called off his wedding due to his feelings for her. "Young & Hungry" executive producer Ashley Tisdale will reprise her guest role as formidable magazine editor Logan Rawlings in Season 2, and Jesse McCartney will return as tech genius Cooper in several episodes. Young & Hungry will premiere Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM ET/PT. Then, ABC Family scares up some fun frights with all-new episodes of Freak Out, the funny, scary hidden-camera prank show. Freak Out will premiere Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 8:30 PM ET/PT. Both series will take the place of the hit sitcoms Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, which will have their midseason finales on March 18 before returning later this year for more episodes to wrap up their seasons. Stay with us for continued updates on all things ABC Family and their sitcoms.
Bravo Media's Emmy-winning Inside the Actors Studio rolls out the red carpet for Neil Patrick Harris on Thursday, February 12 at 8pm ET/PT. Host James Lipton sits down with the award-winning performer just days before his Academy Awards hosting debut, where he discusses his multidimensional career as an actor, comedian, writer, producer and director. On Sunday, February 22, Harris will host the 87th Annual Academy Awards armed with a seasoned background having served as host of both the Primetime Emmy Awards and Annual Tony Awards. In the episode, Harris divulges his secret to reinventing himself after Doogie Houser, M.D., what led to his unforgettable role in Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, and how he prepared for his remarkable performance as the lead in Broadway's Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The audience sees an intimate side of Harris as he discusses what ultimately led him to his public statement regarding his relationship with now husband David Burtka, who is also present at the taping and relives their recent nuptials in Italy. Additionally, do not miss the opportunity to see Harris showcase his magical talents.
Harris recently concluded his role as Barney Stinson in CBS's sitcom How I Met Your Mother which earned him multiple Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations. He is a five-time Emmy Award winner, as well as a Tony Award winner, with a Grammy Award nomination this year for Best Musical Theater Album in Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 23
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Bob's Burgers - "Zero Lap Thirty" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Linda wins a contest to spend a dream weekend at the home where her favorite television show is filmed, things don’t go quite as planned. Back at home, Teddy’s back problems leave him stuck on the floor.
Bob's Burgers - "The Laser-inth" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gene accompanies Bob on the last-ever rock-and-roll laser show at the planetarium, but the night takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, Linda takes the girls out for dinner and Louise has a surprise revelation.
Making History - "The Godfriender" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dan, Deb and Chris find themselves stuck in 1920s Chicago, with Al Capone (guest star Tim Robinson) holding their time travel bag hostage. Chris opts for a play-it-safe plan, using history to take out Capone, while Dan and Deb befriend him instead. As they teach him how to be a better mobster – and husband – they quickly realize that proving their loyalty may not be as easy as they thought.
Family Guy - "Hot Shots" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In order to “save” Stewie from autism, Peter and Lois decide not to vaccinate him and then proceed to convince the rest of Quahog to follow suit. Stewie runs away to save himself from diseases until Sean Penn (guest-voicing as himself) swoops in to save the day and brings vaccines to the whole town.
The Last Man on Earth - "Name 20 Picnics...Now!" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The gang throws a huge celebration canvassing every major holiday, but Tandy and Todd’s bro-mance hits a rough patch that threatens to end the fun.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.