Monday, April 28, 2014
TV Land is adding Walker, Texas Ranger to its line-up beginning today (Monday, April 28). The Chuck Norris series will air weekdays at approx. 4pm & 5pm with back-to-back episodes. It will begin with the series' first episode where Walker has to deal with a new partner named Trivette, while a group of men terrorizing a circus family who camp out at his home and some tough, bad guys who plan on the ultimate bank stunt. In addition to Walker, Texas Ranger , TV Land is re-adding The Nanny to the line-up as the series will air Mondays from 6pm-9pm. TV Land will now have mini blocks of sitcoms from 6-9pm each evening, with The Nanny on Mondays, Roseanne on Tuesdays, Gilligan's Island on Wednesdays, The Golden Girls on Thursdays and The Cosby Show on Fridays. And that's not all! The Brady Bunch is now moving to weeknights, as the sitcom will air in primetime on weeknights (except Wednesdays) from 9-10pm. It will not air on weekends anymore it seems, as The Nanny joins the weekend block of block marathons with The Cosby Show, Roseanne, Gilligan's Island, Three's Company and originals.
Back to weekdays, The Andy Griffith Show is moving to 9-10:30am as a result of Walker and the sitcom blocks being added. Westerns follow with Gunsmoke and Bonanza from 10:30am-4pm. In late night, Raymond and King of Queens air from 10pm-3:30am, with some originals mixed in. And in the overnight, Roseanne, Three's Company, Cosby Show and more original encores are airing. Stay with us for continued updates.
Seth Meyers has been named host of the 66th Primetime Emmy(R) Awards, to be telecast live Monday, Aug. 25 LIVE at 8pm ET/5pm PT on NBC. The event takes place at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. Award-winning director and producer Don Mischer will serve as executive producer, producing with Mischer will be Charlie Haykel and Julianne Hare. Meyers is the host of NBC's Late Night with Seth Meyers and was a member of Saturday Night Live since 2001. In addition to being the show's head writer, Meyers was also a co-anchor of the show's popular "Weekend Update" segment. Meyers, who is also an Emmy winner, was named by Time as one of the 100 most influential people in the world for 2014. Additionally, the Television Academy will host the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014. Emmy nominations will be announced Thursday, July 10. Stay with us on that date for the nominees.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.