Monday, April 28, 2014
TV Land is adding Walker, Texas Ranger to its line-up beginning today (Monday, April 28). The Chuck Norris series will air weekdays at approx. 4pm & 5pm with back-to-back episodes. It will begin with the series' first episode where Walker has to deal with a new partner named Trivette, while a group of men terrorizing a circus family who camp out at his home and some tough, bad guys who plan on the ultimate bank stunt. In addition to Walker, Texas Ranger , TV Land is re-adding The Nanny to the line-up as the series will air Mondays from 6pm-9pm. TV Land will now have mini blocks of sitcoms from 6-9pm each evening, with The Nanny on Mondays, Roseanne on Tuesdays, Gilligan's Island on Wednesdays, The Golden Girls on Thursdays and The Cosby Show on Fridays. And that's not all! The Brady Bunch is now moving to weeknights, as the sitcom will air in primetime on weeknights (except Wednesdays) from 9-10pm. It will not air on weekends anymore it seems, as The Nanny joins the weekend block of block marathons with The Cosby Show, Roseanne, Gilligan's Island, Three's Company and originals.
Back to weekdays, The Andy Griffith Show is moving to 9-10:30am as a result of Walker and the sitcom blocks being added. Westerns follow with Gunsmoke and Bonanza from 10:30am-4pm. In late night, Raymond and King of Queens air from 10pm-3:30am, with some originals mixed in. And in the overnight, Roseanne, Three's Company, Cosby Show and more original encores are airing. Stay with us for continued updates.
Seth Meyers has been named host of the 66th Primetime Emmy(R) Awards, to be telecast live Monday, Aug. 25 LIVE at 8pm ET/5pm PT on NBC. The event takes place at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. Award-winning director and producer Don Mischer will serve as executive producer, producing with Mischer will be Charlie Haykel and Julianne Hare. Meyers is the host of NBC's Late Night with Seth Meyers and was a member of Saturday Night Live since 2001. In addition to being the show's head writer, Meyers was also a co-anchor of the show's popular "Weekend Update" segment. Meyers, who is also an Emmy winner, was named by Time as one of the 100 most influential people in the world for 2014. Additionally, the Television Academy will host the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014. Emmy nominations will be announced Thursday, July 10. Stay with us on that date for the nominees.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.