Monday, April 28, 2014
TV Land is adding Walker, Texas Ranger to its line-up beginning today (Monday, April 28). The Chuck Norris series will air weekdays at approx. 4pm & 5pm with back-to-back episodes. It will begin with the series' first episode where Walker has to deal with a new partner named Trivette, while a group of men terrorizing a circus family who camp out at his home and some tough, bad guys who plan on the ultimate bank stunt. In addition to Walker, Texas Ranger , TV Land is re-adding The Nanny to the line-up as the series will air Mondays from 6pm-9pm. TV Land will now have mini blocks of sitcoms from 6-9pm each evening, with The Nanny on Mondays, Roseanne on Tuesdays, Gilligan's Island on Wednesdays, The Golden Girls on Thursdays and The Cosby Show on Fridays. And that's not all! The Brady Bunch is now moving to weeknights, as the sitcom will air in primetime on weeknights (except Wednesdays) from 9-10pm. It will not air on weekends anymore it seems, as The Nanny joins the weekend block of block marathons with The Cosby Show, Roseanne, Gilligan's Island, Three's Company and originals.
Back to weekdays, The Andy Griffith Show is moving to 9-10:30am as a result of Walker and the sitcom blocks being added. Westerns follow with Gunsmoke and Bonanza from 10:30am-4pm. In late night, Raymond and King of Queens air from 10pm-3:30am, with some originals mixed in. And in the overnight, Roseanne, Three's Company, Cosby Show and more original encores are airing. Stay with us for continued updates.
Seth Meyers has been named host of the 66th Primetime Emmy(R) Awards, to be telecast live Monday, Aug. 25 LIVE at 8pm ET/5pm PT on NBC. The event takes place at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. Award-winning director and producer Don Mischer will serve as executive producer, producing with Mischer will be Charlie Haykel and Julianne Hare. Meyers is the host of NBC's Late Night with Seth Meyers and was a member of Saturday Night Live since 2001. In addition to being the show's head writer, Meyers was also a co-anchor of the show's popular "Weekend Update" segment. Meyers, who is also an Emmy winner, was named by Time as one of the 100 most influential people in the world for 2014. Additionally, the Television Academy will host the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014. Emmy nominations will be announced Thursday, July 10. Stay with us on that date for the nominees.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.