Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Moesha is back again regularly on BET. The sitcom has been only airing in marathons on weekends from time to time, but now the Brandy sitcom is airing weekdays at 5pm & 5:30pm following Family Matters. Other sitcoms will remain in their normal slots, with Family Matters from 8-9am, My Wife & Kids from 9-10am and The Game from 10-11am. The Parkers airs in weekend marathons from time to time, but airs regularly on sister network Centric weeknights at 9pm & 9:30pm. Back to Moesha, it can also be seen on UP tv but the sitcom hasn't aired recently over there.
This sitcom features Grammy Award Winning artist Brandy Norwood and actress Sherly Lee Ralph in a series that showed how life was really like in Leimert Park, Los Angeles California. Moesha Deniese Mitchell is teenager who soon became an adult, learning various issues to do with love, relationship and family. Following her mother's death, Moesha looked after her father Frank Mitchell (William Allen Young) and brother Myles Mitchell (Marcus T. Paulk) She becomes jealous of her new step-mother Dee Mitchell (Sherly Lee Ralph) who seems to be taking over her role, but the two get to know and understand each other. Mo's friends Kim Parker (Countess Vaughn-James), Niecy Jackson (Shar Jackson) and Hakeem Campbell (Lamount Bentley) have made it through teenage adventurehood with Moesha and become mature adults.
Starring the Emmy Award nominee and beloved Saturday Night Live veteran, NBC has scheduled The Maya Rudolph Show for Monday, May 19 at 10pm ET/PT. Rudolph, David Javerbaum, Erin David and Dave Becky will produce, with Lorne Michaels serving as executive producer. The Maya Rudolph Show is from Universal Television. Revisiting the classic variety show format, The Maya Rudolph Show will feature guest stars Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars), Fred Armisen (Portlandia, Late Night with Seth Meyers), Chris Parnell (Archer), Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson) and Sean Hayes (Will & Grace). Grammy Award-nominated singer-songwriter Janelle Monae will serve as the musical guest. R&b singer-producer Raphael Saadiq will be the bandleader.
Rudolph was part of Saturday Night Live from 2000-11, performing in hundreds of sketches and earning an Emmy nomination in 2012 for guest actress in a comedy series. In 2011, Rudolph co-starred in the box office hit comedy Bridesmaids, and was nominated with a Screen Actors Guild Award and Broadcast Film Critics Award. On the big screen, her other credits include The Way Way Back, Grown Ups and Away We Go. On the small screen, she recently appeared on NBC's Up All Night.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.