Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Classic TV Moms Reunite on Nick at Nite's Instant Mom; Seth MacFarlane Comedy Coming to Starz Starring Patrick Stewart
This Mother's Day, Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite pays tribute to moms with the coming together of four classic TV mothers – Happy Days Marion Ross, The Brady Bunch's Florence Henderson, Family Ties Meredith Baxter, Sister, Sister's Jackèe – and one classic TV daughter, The Cosby Show's Tempestt Bledsoe who will join star Tia Mowry-Hardrict in an unforgettable episode of Nick at Nite's Instant Mom, premiering next Thursday, May 8 at 8pm (ET/PT). In Instant Mom's "Not Your Mother's Day," Stephanie (Mowry-Hardrict) is excited for her first Mother's Day, but is disappointed when she learns the family intends to celebrate her on Stepmother's Day instead. Stephanie takes her own mother, Maggie (Sheryl Lee Ralph) for a last-minute spa trip to celebrate the holiday and gets some unexpected "mom" advice from a few experts who attempt to cheer her up. All four iconic TV moms chime in about their own experience being a mother, giving a hysterical nod reflecting their classic characters.
Recently picked up for a second season, Instant Mom follows Stephanie (Mowry-Hardrict), a party girl who marries Charlie (Michael Boatman, Spin City) and struggles to maintain some sense of her fun-loving, slightly irresponsible life while managing being a full-time stepmom. Sheryl Lee Ralph (Moesha) stars as Stephanie's overbearing mother Maggie, who is never shy about making known her point of view on parenting or pointing out its superiority to her daughter’s approach.
STARZ announced a two-season, 20-episode greenlight of Blunt Talk, a half-hour scripted comedy series from Media Rights Capital (MRC). The project, from Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy, Ted, A Million Ways to Die in the West) and Jonathan Ames (Bored to Death), was picked up straight-to-series with 20 episodes over two seasons, set to air in 2015. Patrick Stewart (X-Men franchise, Ted) will play the lead role of Walter Blunt and also serves as a producer. Patrick Stewart next returns to the big screen reprising his role as 'Professor Charles Xavier' in X-Men: Days of Future Past, out May 23, and stars in the independent comedy-drama, Match, which just premiered to rave reviews at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Blunt Talk is a character-driven comedy revolving around Walter Blunt (Patrick Stewart), a British import intent on conquering the world of American cable news. Through the platform of his nightly interview show, Blunt is on a mission to impart his wisdom and guidance on how Americans should live, think and behave. Besieged by network bosses, a dysfunctional news staff, numerous ex-wives and children of all ages, Blunt's only support is the alcoholic manservant he transplanted from the U.K. to join him in Los Angeles. The series follows the fallout from Blunt's well-intentioned, but mostly misguided decision-making, both on and off the air.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 27
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Coral Palms Pt. 2" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Jimmy “The Butcher” Figgis sees Jake and Holt’s viral video, the two begin plotting their attack. However, when caught red-handed, the- are forced to experience the other side of the interrogation table. Back at the precinct, a questionable new Captain (guest star Ken Marino, “Childrens Hospital”) takes over.
New Girl - "Hubbedy Bubby" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jess and Cece jump on the campaign trail and make a bet with a disbelieving Schmidt that they can recruit voters for the upcoming Presidential election. Meanwhile, Winston teaches Nick about modern phone sex.
Atlanta - "Nobody Beats the Biebs" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ayyye, okay! We got celebs in the building balling for the kids. I love me some Justin Bieber. Man, Paper Boi stay hating tho haha.
In the Cut - "Whose Is It" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay finds a positive pregnancy test.
Tuesday, September 27
- J.K Simmons (Growing Up Fisher/Family Tools) - Catch J.K. on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs for the audience on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Gabourey visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom talks about Hidden Heroes on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Michael appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. He will also be on Good Morning Football on NFL Network sometime between 7-10am.