Sunday, August 25, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of August 12-18)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - preempted.
- American Dad (Fox) - preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.67 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 1.8 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week. The 8:30pm repeat did 1.47 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat at 9pm did 4.16 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did only 1.48 million and just a 0.7 18-49 rating, but up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week. It just doesn't repeat well for an anchor at all.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - A special 8:30 repeat did 3.91 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week in the slot. The regular 9:30pm encore did 4.59 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, down two tenths in 18-49 week-to-week.
- The Mindy Project (Fox) - A repeat on Fox did 1.41 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating at 9:30pm, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week, like its lead-in.
- The Middle (ABC) - A summer repeat did 3.44 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- Last Man Standing (ABC) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.43 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) - At 9pm, a summer repeat did 3.35 million and a 1.0 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week as we get closer to the fall season.
- The Neighbors (ABC) - A summer repeat did 2.34 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating at 9:30pm, again on par in 18-49 with previous week. Extra exposure for the fall when it moves to Fridays following Last Man Standing.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 7.38 million and a 2.0 rating, up a solid four tenths in 18-49 from previous week and the clear leader in sitcoms for the week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 6.86 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, up a solid four tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - preempted.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 1.42 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Mindy Project (Fox) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.42 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week and held 100% from its lead-in.
- Last Man Standing (ABC) - An 8pm repeat did a prelim 3.43 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, on par with previous week's prelim 18-49 rating.
- The Neighbors (ABC) - An 8:30pm repeat did a prelim 2.44 million and a prelim 0.5 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week's prelim 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory & Two and a Half Men was impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, Mike & Molly) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and The Mindy Project).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: On cable, Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy are all-new this Wednesday beginning at 8pm. TV Land has all-new episodes of the summer season of Hot in Cleveland this Wednesday at 10pm, followed by the season finales of The Exes at 10:30pm and the season finale of The Soul Man at 11pm only on TV Land. BET has a new episode of The Game on Tuesday at 10pm. TBS airs an all-new episode of Sullivan & Son Thursday at 10. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm but a repeat is tonight, while Wendell & Vinnie is all-new tonight at 8:30pm. New episodes of Sam & Cat and The Haunted Hathaways air every Saturday beginning at 8pm on Nick! FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management airs Thursdays at 9:30pm and is brand new this week. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.