Thursday, August 29, 2013
We'll start with WNYW's (Fox5) Fall 2013 schedule. The main story is the launch of Modern Family. The sitcom makes its off-network debut on Monday, Sept. 23 and will air weekdays at 7:00pm & 7:30pm on WNYW. The other new additions to the schedule will be first-run series. New talker Bethenny will launch Sept. 9 and air weekdays at 11am, while TMZ's one-hour spin-off series TMZ Live will launch Sept. 9 at 1pm. Everything else is pretty much set for WNYW, but King of the Hill will be leaving, while The Simpsons will be moving to sister station WWOR. The Big Bang Theory will remain on WNYW at 11pm, but its other 7:30pm airing moves to WWOR at that same time. Other changes include both airings of The Office will now be on WNYW, at 12:30am & 1am following an hour of 30 Rock. That's about it, with everything else being just minor changes, like King of Queens weekend airings moving to WNYW.
Sister network WWOR (My9) will be making some changes as well. New series will be Law & Order: SVU airing weekdays at 10am starting Sept. 23 replacing Law & Order: Criminal Intent. On weekends, Glee joins the Sunday line-up airing Sundays at 6pm & 7pm beginning Sept. 29. WWOR will also air weekend airings of Modern Family, airing it Sundays at 10pm & 10:30pm, following a two-hour block of Big Bang Theory from 8-10pm. Joining the schedule from sister network WNYW will be The Simpsons airing weekdays at 6:30pm & 7:00pm starting Sept. 23, The Big Bang Theory weekdays at 7:30pm starting Sept. 23 and an encore of Bethenny weekdays at 3pm. Among the series leaving are Everybody Loves Raymond, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order, That '70s Show , and Jeremy Kyle. Current series moving to new timeslots include How I Met Your Mother and The King of Queens weekdays from 11pm-1am starting Sept. 23.
Moving on to WPIX's (CW11) Fall 2013 schedule. New series this fall are The Test weekdays at 3pm starting Sept. 9, Arsenio Hall weekdays at 11pm starting Sept. 9 and SAF3 Sundays at 5pm starting Sept. 22. One of the biggest news for WPIX this fall is the return of Everybody Loves Raymond starting Sept. 9. The sitcom will air weekdays at 6pm & 12:30am, paired with Seinfeld both times. Among the series leaving are According to Jim. Current series moving to new times include Seinfeld moving to 6:30pm & 12am, Friends moving to 1am & 3:30am, and Family Guy moving to 1:30am. On weekends, we have comedies mainly in the evening and late night. Everybody Loves Raymond will air Saturdays at 5pm & 6:30pm, Family Guy will air Saturdays 7-8pm and Sundays 1-2am, while Rules of Engagement will air Saturdays 8-9pm into Two and a Half Men from 9-10pm. We also mentioned beginning Sept. 14, classic sitcom The Honeymooners will air every weekend at 11pm & 11:30pm after the PIX11 News at 10.
Elsewhere, WABC (ABC7), which is #1 in NY and the most watched station in the nation, will not be making any changes at all except replacing Scrubs (weekdays 1:30am and Saturdays at 2am) with rotating series from Live Well TV: Deals, Sweet Retreats, Food Rush, My Family Recipe, Live Big with Ali V and Mirror, Mirror. Everything else is exactly the same. For WCBS (CBS2), they are adding Queen Latifah and the new talk show will air weekdays at 9am, bumping The Doctors off of WCBS. The Doctors will remain on sister station WLNY at 6pm.
And WNBC (NBC4) will not be adding anything new, but canceled talk show Jeff Probst at 2pm is gone and as of now WNBC will air Steve Harvey talk show repeats into a new airing at 3pm. Moving on to WLNY (TV 10/55), they are adding new series The Middle weeknights at 12am & 12:30am, Community weeknights at 1am & 1:30am, Queen Latifah weeknights at 7pm, Paternity Court weekdays at 1pm & 1:30pm, Cops Reloaded weekdays at 3pm & 3:30pm, and OK! TV weeknights at 11:30pm. Among the series leaving are Frasier, Inside Edition, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Eye for an Eye and America's Funniest Home Videos. No word on when The Cleveland Show will air in New York, but no sign of it right now.
View the FULL Fall 2013 schedules for WNYW, WWOR, WPIX, in New York City! And view the full list of new series coming to local syndication. Stay tuned for updates, if any. From New York, goodnight!
Holy campaigns, Batman! There's been so much talk about the cast of the upcoming Batman film starring Ben Affleck as Batman, that The MeTV Network just had to chime in. MeTV believes that it's always best to stick with a classic - and Adam West is pure memorable entertainment. Join MeTV in their quest for West - sign their petition and leave a comment to show your support for putting Adam West in the new Batman film. MeTV hopes to present this petition and comments to the man himself! Sign the petition today and maybe Adam West himself will see it and have a chuckle, old chum! And don't forget to tune in to Batman on MeTV every Saturday at 7PM & 7:30PM! Same bat time, same bat channel!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.