Friday, August 09, 2013
The MeTV Network has announced its "Fall for Me" fall 2013 schedule which will make its debut Monday, September 2, 2013. Joining the MeTV schedule for their maiden voyage on the network are two seaworthy series: Gilligan's Island and The Love Boat. Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip....and set a course for adventure! Other brand new shows to the "Fall for Me" schedule, as well as the MeTV library, include the slapstick Civil War-era comedy F Troop, Wanted: Dead or Alive, starring Steve McQueen and beginning in November, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour joins the Sunday Night Noir line up. Among the key highlights for the schedule includes an exciting prime time line up, featuring back to back episodes of Gilligan's Island Monday through Thursday at 8PM, followed at 9 PM by the return of Hogan's Heroes. Then, F Troop joins the ranks at 9:30 PM. Each weeknight beginning at 10 PM, see back-to-back episodes of five classic sitcoms: The Mary Tyler Moore Show on Mondays, Taxi on Tuesdays, The Bob Newhart Show on Wednesdays, Rhoda on Thursdays and The Dick Van Dyke Show on Fridays. New this fall on Fridays in primetime beginning at 8 PM, it's the "MeTV Made for TV Movie." Every Friday night, MeTV will present a made for TV movie based on these iconic shows: Perry Mason, Columbo, The Mod Squad, The Brady Bunch, Canon, Vegas, Diagnosis Murder and The Andy Griffith Show.
While there are new additions to the line-up, there will also be series returning to the schedule. Those shows are Hogan's Heroes, The Untouchables, Rawhide, Cannon, Twilight Zone, Taxi, The Bob Newhart Show, I Love Lucy, Remington Steele, The Streets of San Francisco and The Rockford Files. To make room, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, She-Ra: Princess of Power, The Odd Couple, The Mothers-In-Law, The Lucy Show, Burke's Law and That Girl will be off the schedule, while MeTV discontinues the Sunday MeTV Showcase and they say goodbye to Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie (latter two will move to Antenna TV in late Fall). This fall's MeTV schedule has more than 60 different classic TV programs every week. No other Network has as much variety or as many of the most beloved series of all time. Gilligan's Island and The Love Boat were two of the most requested series from MeTV viewers of all ages...and now they are joining the schedule.
View the COMPLETE MeTV "Fall for Me" Fall 2013 schedule. And discuss your thoughts as well!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Aug. 12-16, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVRs (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, August 12, 2013
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Watch Ashton on a repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jennifer Coolidge (2 Broke Girls) - Jennifer visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife) - Malin is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter joins Carla Hall and Daphne Oz to make a salted caramel banana waffle sandwich on a repeat of The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rob Lowe (Parks and Recreation) - Rob chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock from the Sun) - Kristen stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) - Catch Kat on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback/Web Therapy) - Lisa visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Elizabeth Perkins (How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) - Elizabeth discusses her new documentary project on a repeat of Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Dawn Wells (Gilligan's Island) - Dawn discusses working on the beloved show and reveals her favorite memories on a repeat of Marie at 1pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Jennifer Finnigan (Better with You) - Jennifer joins The Couch to shed light on the dark side of international adoption on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Watch Steve on a repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Beth appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Sara Gilbert (Roseanne/The Big Bang Theory) - Sara chats on New York Live on WNBC at 12:30pm. She will also be on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am to discuss her new book The Imperfect Environmentalist.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim vists The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Scott Baio (See Dad Run/Charles in Charge/Happy Days) and Ryan Newman (See Dad Run) - Scott and Ryan are guests on a repeat of Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- David Henrie (Wizards of Waverly Place - David talks about his project working with comedians Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock and David Spade in Grown Ups 2 on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch Jim on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob appears a repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Debi Mazar (Entourage) - Debi guests on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jim Rash (Community) - Jim chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Angela Kinsey and Oscar Nunez (The Office) - Angela and Oscar share behind-the-scenes stories about the highly-anticipated series finale on a repeat of Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years) - Danica will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is a guest and performs on a repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Andy Dick (Less Than Perfect/NewsRadio) - Andy appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) - Tune in to see Kat on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock from the Sun) - Kristen is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, December 2
Last Man Standing - "Precious Snowflakes" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mandy chooses local-celebrity Mike as the speaker for her business school’s graduation. After learning that the school requires his speech to be PC and micro-agression free, Mike decides whether or not to play by the rules. Meanwhile, Eve’s friend Cammy (Sarah Gilman) is home from college, bragging about how fantastic her new life has been, leaving Eve feeling slightly fruitless and discouraged.
Dr. Ken - "D.K's New Girlfriend" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When D.K. overhears Allison complain about him overstaying his welcome, he decides to move in with his girlfriend of three weeks. Meanwhile, Pat wants Dave to pretend he’s his adopted son; and Allison is convinced Molly wants to talk about something when she suggests they do a spa day, but the tables turn when Molly is the one doling out the advice.
I Love Lucy - "I Love Lucy Christmas Special" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The I LOVE LUCY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL features “The Christmas Episode” and the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures.” Both were colorized with a vintage look, a nod to the 1950s period in which the shows were filmed. The main titles and end credits of the two episodes are seamlessly combined into one set at the beginning and end of the hour, with no interruption between the episodes.
“The Christmas Episode” finds the Ricardos and Mertzes decorating Lucy and Ricky’s Christmas tree and reminiscing about how their lives have changed since the arrival of the Ricardos’ son, Little Ricky (Keith Thibodeaux). Flashbacks recall the night Lucy tells Ricky she is pregnant, the time Lucy shows up unexpectedly as part of a barbershop quartet and the day Ricky and the Mertzes rehearse taking Lucy to the maternity ward.
“The Christmas Episode” was first broadcast on CBS in December 1956. The episode was not included in the series’ long history of rebroadcasts, first on CBS Daytime and later in syndication. Thought to be lost, CBS rediscovered the episode in 1989.
In the newly colorized “Lucy Gets in Pictures,” Lucy’s lifelong dream of appearing in a motion picture seems to have come true when Ricky arranges for her to play a showgirl in a new musical. Unfortunately, the enormous feathered headdress she is expected to wear as she descends a staircase proves to be too cumbersome. After numerous mishaps on the stairs, the musical’s frustrated director (Lou Krugman) decides to make a change.
“Lucy Gets in Pictures” was originally broadcast Feb. 21, 1955, and was an immediate favorite not only of viewers, but of Lucille Ball herself. She restaged the famous headdress scene, again with Krugman, in the 1962 CBS special, “Opening Night,” and in 1965 in a slightly modified form, this time with actor Danny Thomas, in her second CBS series, “The Lucy Show.”
Liv and Maddie: Cali Style - "Cali Christmas-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie gets upset that she can't be in Wisconsin for Christmas, so Liv helps cheer her up.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets a Christmas Maya" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As Christmas approaches, Riley gets excited to celebrate her favorite holiday, but for Maya, the holidays only bring back unhappy memories from her childhood.
Bunk'd - "How the Griff Stole Christmas" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The holidays arrive at Camp Kikiwaka with everyone in good spirits -- except for Griff.
Friday, December 2
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be/Bosom Buddies) - Holland chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Quinn (Bunk'd) - Kevin appears on People Now at 8:30am.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - NBC's Today catches up with Miss Piggy in the 10am hour.
- Gaby Hoffmann (Transparent/Someone Like Me) - Gaby appears on Chelsea on Netflix.