Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Cloo Fall 2013 Schedule with Farewell Marathon for Charlie's Angels; 25th Anniversary Roseanne Marathons on WE tv
We usually cover Cloo for their Cloo Classics stunts and they will continue marathons here and there. As you know, Cloo really doesn't have a set strip schedule, as they air block marathons, so we will do our best to cover everything. They key highlight on the schedule is from Wednesday, September 25 through Sunday, September 29 from 6am-6am ET, Cloo will present a Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon, as the long-running drama is leaving all of the Universal-owned networks. Charlie's Angels was airing regularly on Universal HD and had many marathons on Cloo as well. We'll discuss Universal HD at a later date, but Cloo will say goodbye to the series (not "Hello, Angels") with a marathon salute. So join Cloo as they celebrate a beloved Cloo Classic and say adieu to their favorite female private eyes. On Mondays, there still will be All-Day "Cloo Classics" MacGyver Marathons, which recently got extended from 8am-6am, as the 8am-1pm Cloo Classic Sitcoms were dropped. The rest of the schedule will feature the dramas we are used to like Monk, The Unit, NCIS, Burn Notice, House, CSI, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and Law & Order: SVU. The only thing regular on the schedule is Monk at 6am and The Unit at 7am on weekdays, and NCIS on most days at 8am. The sitcom 'Til Death is off of the Sunday morning line-up now, as it was airing from 6-7am. Weekends will see marathons in the fall. There is a 24-hour House marathon on Sunday, Sept. 1. On Saturday, Sept. 7, it's the Burn Notice "Best of Sam Axe" marathon beginning at 6am, also featuring Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe (11p ET). The weekend ends with a marathon of Royal Pains on Sunday, Sept. 8. The weekend of Sept. 14-15 will be catch-up marathons of sister network USA Network's original series Covert Affairs and Suits. And finally the next weekend will be Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order: SVU for the weekend of Sept. 21-22. And as mentioned the Charlie's Angels Farewell Marathon is Sept. 25-29. So, yes nothing new on Cloo this Fall, but we had to mention the Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon. Stay with us for what will replace it on Universal HD.
In celebration of the upcoming 25th anniversary of the celebrated sitcom Roseanne, WE tv is expanding the iconic franchise's on-air presence beginning Monday, August 12, with extended blocks of episodes airing Mondays through Fridays from 5pm ET until 8pm ET and weekly "Roseannathons" on Sundays from 10am ET until 4pm ET. The expanded run, through September 22, is in addition to the regular weekday airings of classic episodes from 10am ET until 1pm ET, which will continue. Plus, as part of the celebration, cast members from the series will be submitting their personal picks for their favorite episodes, which will run throughout the campaign. Roseanne will also have a greater presence at WEtv.com, including new photo galleries, fan favorite video clips, quizzes and polls, as well as a homepage "spotlight," and an interactive "Top Ten" feature where fans can comment and vote on their favorite Roseanne moments from the series' history. WE tv's social media team will also be celebrating the anniversary on Twitter and Facebook, with new sharable Roseanne content. Roseanne, which made its television debut on October 18, 1988, is, at its heart, a show about ordinary people who face day-to-day survival with a sense of humor and absurdity. At the epicenter presides the inimitable Roseanne Conner (Rosanne Barr). Her observations on life's little travails, be they sarcastic or incorrigibly honest, unerringly hit home. She is the type who is always ready to charge into the fight. Dan's (John Goodman) the one hauling back on the reins. His secret weapon to disarm her is a sense of humor just as caustic as her own. The bottom line is that, through it all, they truly do respect and love one another. Over the nine years as the children grew, so did the challenges. Roseanne would quit her job at the factory (Season 2) and take several jobs to make ends meet, including a hair washer at a beauty salon, magazine telemarketer and a waitress at the local mall (Seasons 3-4). Working in a restaurant would eventually inspire Roseanne to open up her own diner with the help of her sister Jackie (Lauri Metcalf), mom Bev and friend Nancy (Seasons 5-8). Through the tough times Dan and Roseanne have only one thing on their minds, the welfare of their kids, who mean everything to them - an enduring theme that holds as much significance to audiences today as it did 25 years ago.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.