Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Cloo Fall 2013 Schedule with Farewell Marathon for Charlie's Angels; 25th Anniversary Roseanne Marathons on WE tv
We usually cover Cloo for their Cloo Classics stunts and they will continue marathons here and there. As you know, Cloo really doesn't have a set strip schedule, as they air block marathons, so we will do our best to cover everything. They key highlight on the schedule is from Wednesday, September 25 through Sunday, September 29 from 6am-6am ET, Cloo will present a Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon, as the long-running drama is leaving all of the Universal-owned networks. Charlie's Angels was airing regularly on Universal HD and had many marathons on Cloo as well. We'll discuss Universal HD at a later date, but Cloo will say goodbye to the series (not "Hello, Angels") with a marathon salute. So join Cloo as they celebrate a beloved Cloo Classic and say adieu to their favorite female private eyes. On Mondays, there still will be All-Day "Cloo Classics" MacGyver Marathons, which recently got extended from 8am-6am, as the 8am-1pm Cloo Classic Sitcoms were dropped. The rest of the schedule will feature the dramas we are used to like Monk, The Unit, NCIS, Burn Notice, House, CSI, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and Law & Order: SVU. The only thing regular on the schedule is Monk at 6am and The Unit at 7am on weekdays, and NCIS on most days at 8am. The sitcom 'Til Death is off of the Sunday morning line-up now, as it was airing from 6-7am. Weekends will see marathons in the fall. There is a 24-hour House marathon on Sunday, Sept. 1. On Saturday, Sept. 7, it's the Burn Notice "Best of Sam Axe" marathon beginning at 6am, also featuring Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe (11p ET). The weekend ends with a marathon of Royal Pains on Sunday, Sept. 8. The weekend of Sept. 14-15 will be catch-up marathons of sister network USA Network's original series Covert Affairs and Suits. And finally the next weekend will be Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order: SVU for the weekend of Sept. 21-22. And as mentioned the Charlie's Angels Farewell Marathon is Sept. 25-29. So, yes nothing new on Cloo this Fall, but we had to mention the Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon. Stay with us for what will replace it on Universal HD.
In celebration of the upcoming 25th anniversary of the celebrated sitcom Roseanne, WE tv is expanding the iconic franchise's on-air presence beginning Monday, August 12, with extended blocks of episodes airing Mondays through Fridays from 5pm ET until 8pm ET and weekly "Roseannathons" on Sundays from 10am ET until 4pm ET. The expanded run, through September 22, is in addition to the regular weekday airings of classic episodes from 10am ET until 1pm ET, which will continue. Plus, as part of the celebration, cast members from the series will be submitting their personal picks for their favorite episodes, which will run throughout the campaign. Roseanne will also have a greater presence at WEtv.com, including new photo galleries, fan favorite video clips, quizzes and polls, as well as a homepage "spotlight," and an interactive "Top Ten" feature where fans can comment and vote on their favorite Roseanne moments from the series' history. WE tv's social media team will also be celebrating the anniversary on Twitter and Facebook, with new sharable Roseanne content. Roseanne, which made its television debut on October 18, 1988, is, at its heart, a show about ordinary people who face day-to-day survival with a sense of humor and absurdity. At the epicenter presides the inimitable Roseanne Conner (Rosanne Barr). Her observations on life's little travails, be they sarcastic or incorrigibly honest, unerringly hit home. She is the type who is always ready to charge into the fight. Dan's (John Goodman) the one hauling back on the reins. His secret weapon to disarm her is a sense of humor just as caustic as her own. The bottom line is that, through it all, they truly do respect and love one another. Over the nine years as the children grew, so did the challenges. Roseanne would quit her job at the factory (Season 2) and take several jobs to make ends meet, including a hair washer at a beauty salon, magazine telemarketer and a waitress at the local mall (Seasons 3-4). Working in a restaurant would eventually inspire Roseanne to open up her own diner with the help of her sister Jackie (Lauri Metcalf), mom Bev and friend Nancy (Seasons 5-8). Through the tough times Dan and Roseanne have only one thing on their minds, the welfare of their kids, who mean everything to them - an enduring theme that holds as much significance to audiences today as it did 25 years ago.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 20
The Big Bang Theory - "The Expedition Approximation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon and Raj test whether they could survive a dark-matter research expedition in a salt mine by simulating the conditions in a steam tunnel. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny seek advice from Wolowitz and Bernadette after they fight about money.
The Millers - "Movin' Out (Carol's Song) (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Carol begins her search for a new apartment, causing Nathan and Debbie to race each other to find her a place that is the farthest away from each of them. During the course of her house-hunting, Carol meets and develops an instant bond with Kip Finkle, her new best friend. Emmy Award winner Sean Hayes joins the cast as Kip Finkle.
American Dad - "Blonde Ambition" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hayley decides she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde, while Steve and Stan search for a new home for the Smiths.
When her efforts to save the planet prove hopeless, Hayley decides that she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde. Meanwhile, Stan and Steve go on a mission to find a new home for the Smiths.
Monday, October 20
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Rash (Community) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She also discusses her show True Tori on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She can be heard on the Howard Stern Show on SiriusXM channel 100.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa appears NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- The Cast of The Wonder Years - Danica McKellar, Fred Savage and Josh Saviano reunite on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains/Kirk) - Kirk talks about bringing faith and family back to the holidays in his new film Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim talks about his book (Food: A Lovey Story) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 12:30pm. He can be heard on Morning Mash-Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 channel 2 at at 9:45am.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Michael is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan talks about 2 Broke Girls on Arise TV at 7pm on Centric.
- Katey Sagal (Marry Me/8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Katey appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Mike will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.