Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Cloo Fall 2013 Schedule with Farewell Marathon for Charlie's Angels; 25th Anniversary Roseanne Marathons on WE tv
We usually cover Cloo for their Cloo Classics stunts and they will continue marathons here and there. As you know, Cloo really doesn't have a set strip schedule, as they air block marathons, so we will do our best to cover everything. They key highlight on the schedule is from Wednesday, September 25 through Sunday, September 29 from 6am-6am ET, Cloo will present a Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon, as the long-running drama is leaving all of the Universal-owned networks. Charlie's Angels was airing regularly on Universal HD and had many marathons on Cloo as well. We'll discuss Universal HD at a later date, but Cloo will say goodbye to the series (not "Hello, Angels") with a marathon salute. So join Cloo as they celebrate a beloved Cloo Classic and say adieu to their favorite female private eyes. On Mondays, there still will be All-Day "Cloo Classics" MacGyver Marathons, which recently got extended from 8am-6am, as the 8am-1pm Cloo Classic Sitcoms were dropped. The rest of the schedule will feature the dramas we are used to like Monk, The Unit, NCIS, Burn Notice, House, CSI, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and Law & Order: SVU. The only thing regular on the schedule is Monk at 6am and The Unit at 7am on weekdays, and NCIS on most days at 8am. The sitcom 'Til Death is off of the Sunday morning line-up now, as it was airing from 6-7am. Weekends will see marathons in the fall. There is a 24-hour House marathon on Sunday, Sept. 1. On Saturday, Sept. 7, it's the Burn Notice "Best of Sam Axe" marathon beginning at 6am, also featuring Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe (11p ET). The weekend ends with a marathon of Royal Pains on Sunday, Sept. 8. The weekend of Sept. 14-15 will be catch-up marathons of sister network USA Network's original series Covert Affairs and Suits. And finally the next weekend will be Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order: SVU for the weekend of Sept. 21-22. And as mentioned the Charlie's Angels Farewell Marathon is Sept. 25-29. So, yes nothing new on Cloo this Fall, but we had to mention the Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon. Stay with us for what will replace it on Universal HD.
In celebration of the upcoming 25th anniversary of the celebrated sitcom Roseanne, WE tv is expanding the iconic franchise's on-air presence beginning Monday, August 12, with extended blocks of episodes airing Mondays through Fridays from 5pm ET until 8pm ET and weekly "Roseannathons" on Sundays from 10am ET until 4pm ET. The expanded run, through September 22, is in addition to the regular weekday airings of classic episodes from 10am ET until 1pm ET, which will continue. Plus, as part of the celebration, cast members from the series will be submitting their personal picks for their favorite episodes, which will run throughout the campaign. Roseanne will also have a greater presence at WEtv.com, including new photo galleries, fan favorite video clips, quizzes and polls, as well as a homepage "spotlight," and an interactive "Top Ten" feature where fans can comment and vote on their favorite Roseanne moments from the series' history. WE tv's social media team will also be celebrating the anniversary on Twitter and Facebook, with new sharable Roseanne content. Roseanne, which made its television debut on October 18, 1988, is, at its heart, a show about ordinary people who face day-to-day survival with a sense of humor and absurdity. At the epicenter presides the inimitable Roseanne Conner (Rosanne Barr). Her observations on life's little travails, be they sarcastic or incorrigibly honest, unerringly hit home. She is the type who is always ready to charge into the fight. Dan's (John Goodman) the one hauling back on the reins. His secret weapon to disarm her is a sense of humor just as caustic as her own. The bottom line is that, through it all, they truly do respect and love one another. Over the nine years as the children grew, so did the challenges. Roseanne would quit her job at the factory (Season 2) and take several jobs to make ends meet, including a hair washer at a beauty salon, magazine telemarketer and a waitress at the local mall (Seasons 3-4). Working in a restaurant would eventually inspire Roseanne to open up her own diner with the help of her sister Jackie (Lauri Metcalf), mom Bev and friend Nancy (Seasons 5-8). Through the tough times Dan and Roseanne have only one thing on their minds, the welfare of their kids, who mean everything to them - an enduring theme that holds as much significance to audiences today as it did 25 years ago.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.