Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Cloo Fall 2013 Schedule with Farewell Marathon for Charlie's Angels; 25th Anniversary Roseanne Marathons on WE tv
We usually cover Cloo for their Cloo Classics stunts and they will continue marathons here and there. As you know, Cloo really doesn't have a set strip schedule, as they air block marathons, so we will do our best to cover everything. They key highlight on the schedule is from Wednesday, September 25 through Sunday, September 29 from 6am-6am ET, Cloo will present a Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon, as the long-running drama is leaving all of the Universal-owned networks. Charlie's Angels was airing regularly on Universal HD and had many marathons on Cloo as well. We'll discuss Universal HD at a later date, but Cloo will say goodbye to the series (not "Hello, Angels") with a marathon salute. So join Cloo as they celebrate a beloved Cloo Classic and say adieu to their favorite female private eyes. On Mondays, there still will be All-Day "Cloo Classics" MacGyver Marathons, which recently got extended from 8am-6am, as the 8am-1pm Cloo Classic Sitcoms were dropped. The rest of the schedule will feature the dramas we are used to like Monk, The Unit, NCIS, Burn Notice, House, CSI, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and Law & Order: SVU. The only thing regular on the schedule is Monk at 6am and The Unit at 7am on weekdays, and NCIS on most days at 8am. The sitcom 'Til Death is off of the Sunday morning line-up now, as it was airing from 6-7am. Weekends will see marathons in the fall. There is a 24-hour House marathon on Sunday, Sept. 1. On Saturday, Sept. 7, it's the Burn Notice "Best of Sam Axe" marathon beginning at 6am, also featuring Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe (11p ET). The weekend ends with a marathon of Royal Pains on Sunday, Sept. 8. The weekend of Sept. 14-15 will be catch-up marathons of sister network USA Network's original series Covert Affairs and Suits. And finally the next weekend will be Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order: SVU for the weekend of Sept. 21-22. And as mentioned the Charlie's Angels Farewell Marathon is Sept. 25-29. So, yes nothing new on Cloo this Fall, but we had to mention the Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon. Stay with us for what will replace it on Universal HD.
In celebration of the upcoming 25th anniversary of the celebrated sitcom Roseanne, WE tv is expanding the iconic franchise's on-air presence beginning Monday, August 12, with extended blocks of episodes airing Mondays through Fridays from 5pm ET until 8pm ET and weekly "Roseannathons" on Sundays from 10am ET until 4pm ET. The expanded run, through September 22, is in addition to the regular weekday airings of classic episodes from 10am ET until 1pm ET, which will continue. Plus, as part of the celebration, cast members from the series will be submitting their personal picks for their favorite episodes, which will run throughout the campaign. Roseanne will also have a greater presence at WEtv.com, including new photo galleries, fan favorite video clips, quizzes and polls, as well as a homepage "spotlight," and an interactive "Top Ten" feature where fans can comment and vote on their favorite Roseanne moments from the series' history. WE tv's social media team will also be celebrating the anniversary on Twitter and Facebook, with new sharable Roseanne content. Roseanne, which made its television debut on October 18, 1988, is, at its heart, a show about ordinary people who face day-to-day survival with a sense of humor and absurdity. At the epicenter presides the inimitable Roseanne Conner (Rosanne Barr). Her observations on life's little travails, be they sarcastic or incorrigibly honest, unerringly hit home. She is the type who is always ready to charge into the fight. Dan's (John Goodman) the one hauling back on the reins. His secret weapon to disarm her is a sense of humor just as caustic as her own. The bottom line is that, through it all, they truly do respect and love one another. Over the nine years as the children grew, so did the challenges. Roseanne would quit her job at the factory (Season 2) and take several jobs to make ends meet, including a hair washer at a beauty salon, magazine telemarketer and a waitress at the local mall (Seasons 3-4). Working in a restaurant would eventually inspire Roseanne to open up her own diner with the help of her sister Jackie (Lauri Metcalf), mom Bev and friend Nancy (Seasons 5-8). Through the tough times Dan and Roseanne have only one thing on their minds, the welfare of their kids, who mean everything to them - an enduring theme that holds as much significance to audiences today as it did 25 years ago.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fortification Implementation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon and Amy build a blanket fort, they come to major crossroads in their relationship. Also, Wolowitz meets the half-brother he never knew he had, and when Penny is invited to appear on Wil Wheaton’s podcast, she and Leonard have a huge, on-air argument.
Mom - "Nudes and a Six-Day Cleanse" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After realizing she's been a waitress longer than she planned, Christy takes steps towards a new career. Also, Bonnie and Alvin try to recapture their youth.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "Lust for Life" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny dies. On the internet. And decides to stay dead for financial reasons. Which leads to a big break for Gigi.
Married - "The Sandwich" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Russ and Lina go on separate dates.
Thursday, July 30
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/It's Your Move/Silver Spoons) - Catch Jason on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Welcome to New York/Happy Family) - Christine stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Christina drops The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Seth Morris (The Hotwives of Orlando/Go On/Happy Endings) - Seth appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) and Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Cedric and Niecy dish about The Soul Man on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tamela and David Mann (Mann & Wife/Meet the Browns) - Tamela and David are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril cooks on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tahj Mowry (Baby Daddy/Smart Guy) - Tahj appears on The Boris and Nicole Show on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Bobcat Goldthwait (Unhappily Ever After) - Bobcat is a guest on the AOL Build Show.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey appears on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi talks about her new single and participation in the upcoming iHeartRadio Music Festival on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Vivica A. Fox (Out All Night/Arsenio) - Vivica talks about her new movie Ways to Die on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jessie T. Usher (Survivor's Remorse) - Jessie will be on Essence Live.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.