Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Cloo Fall 2013 Schedule with Farewell Marathon for Charlie's Angels; 25th Anniversary Roseanne Marathons on WE tv
We usually cover Cloo for their Cloo Classics stunts and they will continue marathons here and there. As you know, Cloo really doesn't have a set strip schedule, as they air block marathons, so we will do our best to cover everything. They key highlight on the schedule is from Wednesday, September 25 through Sunday, September 29 from 6am-6am ET, Cloo will present a Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon, as the long-running drama is leaving all of the Universal-owned networks. Charlie's Angels was airing regularly on Universal HD and had many marathons on Cloo as well. We'll discuss Universal HD at a later date, but Cloo will say goodbye to the series (not "Hello, Angels") with a marathon salute. So join Cloo as they celebrate a beloved Cloo Classic and say adieu to their favorite female private eyes. On Mondays, there still will be All-Day "Cloo Classics" MacGyver Marathons, which recently got extended from 8am-6am, as the 8am-1pm Cloo Classic Sitcoms were dropped. The rest of the schedule will feature the dramas we are used to like Monk, The Unit, NCIS, Burn Notice, House, CSI, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and Law & Order: SVU. The only thing regular on the schedule is Monk at 6am and The Unit at 7am on weekdays, and NCIS on most days at 8am. The sitcom 'Til Death is off of the Sunday morning line-up now, as it was airing from 6-7am. Weekends will see marathons in the fall. There is a 24-hour House marathon on Sunday, Sept. 1. On Saturday, Sept. 7, it's the Burn Notice "Best of Sam Axe" marathon beginning at 6am, also featuring Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe (11p ET). The weekend ends with a marathon of Royal Pains on Sunday, Sept. 8. The weekend of Sept. 14-15 will be catch-up marathons of sister network USA Network's original series Covert Affairs and Suits. And finally the next weekend will be Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Law & Order: SVU for the weekend of Sept. 21-22. And as mentioned the Charlie's Angels Farewell Marathon is Sept. 25-29. So, yes nothing new on Cloo this Fall, but we had to mention the Charlie's Angels Farewell marathon. Stay with us for what will replace it on Universal HD.
In celebration of the upcoming 25th anniversary of the celebrated sitcom Roseanne, WE tv is expanding the iconic franchise's on-air presence beginning Monday, August 12, with extended blocks of episodes airing Mondays through Fridays from 5pm ET until 8pm ET and weekly "Roseannathons" on Sundays from 10am ET until 4pm ET. The expanded run, through September 22, is in addition to the regular weekday airings of classic episodes from 10am ET until 1pm ET, which will continue. Plus, as part of the celebration, cast members from the series will be submitting their personal picks for their favorite episodes, which will run throughout the campaign. Roseanne will also have a greater presence at WEtv.com, including new photo galleries, fan favorite video clips, quizzes and polls, as well as a homepage "spotlight," and an interactive "Top Ten" feature where fans can comment and vote on their favorite Roseanne moments from the series' history. WE tv's social media team will also be celebrating the anniversary on Twitter and Facebook, with new sharable Roseanne content. Roseanne, which made its television debut on October 18, 1988, is, at its heart, a show about ordinary people who face day-to-day survival with a sense of humor and absurdity. At the epicenter presides the inimitable Roseanne Conner (Rosanne Barr). Her observations on life's little travails, be they sarcastic or incorrigibly honest, unerringly hit home. She is the type who is always ready to charge into the fight. Dan's (John Goodman) the one hauling back on the reins. His secret weapon to disarm her is a sense of humor just as caustic as her own. The bottom line is that, through it all, they truly do respect and love one another. Over the nine years as the children grew, so did the challenges. Roseanne would quit her job at the factory (Season 2) and take several jobs to make ends meet, including a hair washer at a beauty salon, magazine telemarketer and a waitress at the local mall (Seasons 3-4). Working in a restaurant would eventually inspire Roseanne to open up her own diner with the help of her sister Jackie (Lauri Metcalf), mom Bev and friend Nancy (Seasons 5-8). Through the tough times Dan and Roseanne have only one thing on their minds, the welfare of their kids, who mean everything to them - an enduring theme that holds as much significance to audiences today as it did 25 years ago.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 21
Fresh Off the Boat - "So Chineez" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica fears her family has assimilated so much to life in Orlando that they’ve lost their Chinese identity. So she drives everyone nuts making them reconnect with their culture, from Louis, who she insists decline an invite to join the country club, to Eddie, who she makes do a report on China for his World Day project.
New Girl - "Shark" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Winston graduates from the Police Academy, Nick and Coach worry when they see his new training officer (guest star Nasim Pedrad, "Mulaney"). Meanwhile, Jess uses Schmidt to try and influence a councilwoman (guest star Zoe Lister Jones, “Friends with Better Lives”) to stop the night construction taking place outside the loft.
Weird Loners - "Weird Knight" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
As a favor, Caryn reluctantly goes on a date with a nerdy guy from Eric’s human chess league, but becomes interested in him when he doesn’t call her back following their dinner. Meanwhile, Stosh becomes Zara’s “agent” and gets her to enter an art contest.
Undataeable - "A Priest Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Justin (Bren Morin) calls Danny (Chris D'Elia) a loser, Danny is motivated to make a career move to prove him wrong. Meanwhile, Leslie (Bianca Kajlich) persuades Justin to be tough with Danny. Back at the bar, Candace (Bridgit Mendler) tries to help Shelly (Ron Funches) deal with being just a booty-call and never the boyfriend.
One Big Happy - "A Tale of Two Hubbies" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
On a group trip to Las Vegas, Luke (Nick Zano), Prudence (Kelly Brook) and Lizzy (Elisha Cuthberg) visit the chapel where Nick and Prudence got married – only to discover that it was a sham and their marriage is not legal. Lizzy takes it upon herself to plan a spectacular new wedding with a special surprise. However, the group is in for an even bigger surprise about Prudence’s past life in England.
Your Family or Mine - "The Couch" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ricky plans on throwing out Oliver's childhood couch, but both he and Jason are ready to fight for it. Claire panics when Louis brings home a piece of art that features her in the nude.
Younger - "Girl Code" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
After lending Kelsey a hand in the bathroom, Liza joins Kelsey's inner circle and neglects Maggie at the worst possible time. Diana's excited by the arrival of Empirical's handsome and potentially soon-to-be-divorced publisher.
Mann & Wife - "Mann-datory" (Bounce TV, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Daniel and Michael are forced to attend communication therapy; the kids fight for equal rights of their household chores.
Tuesday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Catch Courteney on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Watch Betty on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff appears on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- John C. McGinley (Ground Floor/Scrubs) - John is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement) - Oliver stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani serves up braised tri-tip roast on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David and David Burtka from the new musical It Shoulda Been You are guests on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan cracks the audience up with his celebrity impressions on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) and Brent Morin (Undateable) - Chris and Brent are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/She's the Sheriff/Step by Step) - Suzanne reveals the devastating family health crisis that took years to diagnose and the 4 point detox checklist that she says helped save her and her family’s life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori talks about her two Hallmark Channel projects Garage Sale Mystery: The Deadly Room and the return of her show When Calls the Heart on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. She will also be on KTLA 5 in Los Angeles live at 9:30am PT.
- Romeo Miller (Romeo!) - Romeo will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie can be heard on Sirius XM's Morning Mash Up at 9:30am.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick talks about Adult Beginners on SI Now.