Monday, August 26, 2013
Starting Monday, September 30, BET will be making a few changes to its schedule. Starting at 8am, the hour will now be more Family Matters replacing Moesha. Currently from 9am-11am right now we have an hour each of The Parkers and Family Matters, but now that will be replaced by a movie beginning on Sept. 30. The 11am movie will remain, so that means there will be two morning movies now. The 11am movie will usually run through 1:30pm. My Wife & Kids is returning to the regular BET schedule and will air at 1:30pm & 2pm, replacing The Parkers. At times, Moesha will fill in from 2-3pm if the morning movies runs through 2pm. Then the afternoon Family Matters remains on the schedule airing on most days from 2:30pm-4pm with three airings. The afternoon movie will remain at 4pm leading into 106 & Park at 6. So what about The Parkers? It is off the line-up for now, but sister network Centric will have a weekend marathon on Sept. 28 and 29 from 11am-11pm. Will the series move to Centric? We will let you know soon when we give you Centric's fall schedule! In primetime, it's a mix of movies, originals, The Game encores leading into Scandal Wednesdays and The Soul Man season two encores starting Thursday, Oct. 3. That's sister network TV Land's original sitcom starring Cedric the Entertainer, and like BET did with season one, they will air encore the second season of the sitcom every Thursday from 8-9pm. The season finale of The Game will be Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 10. Elsewhere on BET, The Wendy Williams Show season 5 begins on Sept. 16 at midnight. The late movie rounds the weeknight schedule out at 1am. On weekends, it is a mix of stunts and movies. Some stunts include a block of The Jamie Foxx Show on Saturday, Sept. 28 from 8-10am and Moesha on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 8am-4pm. That's all for now, but come on back soon for the Centric Fall 2013 schedule!
ABC Family will produce three new comedy pilots, Mystery Girls, Work Mom and Young & Hungry. These orders join the pick-ups announced earlier this year including the back-order greenlight of dramas The Fosters and Twisted, the third seasons of drama Switched at Birth and sitcom Baby Daddy and the fourth season of Melissa & Joey. These three pilots have a long way to go still, as pilots still need to be shot and then if it's good, ABC Family could pick them up to series. Mystery Girls, a single-camera pilot starring Tori Spelling, follows a former starlet who is roped into solving crimes with her former mystery TV show costar when a witness to a crime will only speak to the infamous 'Mystery Girls.' Tori Spelling and Maggie Malina (Single Ladies) will serve as executive producers. The story is by Shepard Boucher and Tori Spelling. The pilot was written by Shepard Boucher. Work Mom is a half-hour workplace comedy following Heather, who finally gets promoted at her digital marketing firm and winds up hiring her recently unemployed mother. Her vivacious mother, Eden, mixes up the office in a way no one could have predicted. The pilot was written by Grant Levy and Dominik Rothbard (Bunheads). And two worlds collide in Young & Hungry when Nick, a well-off young tech entrepreneur, hires Gabi, a feisty young food blogger, to be his personal chef. Executive producers are Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men), Ashley Tisdale, Jessica Rhoades and CBS Television Studios. The pilot was written by David Holden (Accidentally on Purpose). Stay with us for any further information on these if they are ordered to series to join Baby Daddy and Melissa & Joey.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.