Monday, August 26, 2013
Starting Monday, September 30, BET will be making a few changes to its schedule. Starting at 8am, the hour will now be more Family Matters replacing Moesha. Currently from 9am-11am right now we have an hour each of The Parkers and Family Matters, but now that will be replaced by a movie beginning on Sept. 30. The 11am movie will remain, so that means there will be two morning movies now. The 11am movie will usually run through 1:30pm. My Wife & Kids is returning to the regular BET schedule and will air at 1:30pm & 2pm, replacing The Parkers. At times, Moesha will fill in from 2-3pm if the morning movies runs through 2pm. Then the afternoon Family Matters remains on the schedule airing on most days from 2:30pm-4pm with three airings. The afternoon movie will remain at 4pm leading into 106 & Park at 6. So what about The Parkers? It is off the line-up for now, but sister network Centric will have a weekend marathon on Sept. 28 and 29 from 11am-11pm. Will the series move to Centric? We will let you know soon when we give you Centric's fall schedule! In primetime, it's a mix of movies, originals, The Game encores leading into Scandal Wednesdays and The Soul Man season two encores starting Thursday, Oct. 3. That's sister network TV Land's original sitcom starring Cedric the Entertainer, and like BET did with season one, they will air encore the second season of the sitcom every Thursday from 8-9pm. The season finale of The Game will be Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 10. Elsewhere on BET, The Wendy Williams Show season 5 begins on Sept. 16 at midnight. The late movie rounds the weeknight schedule out at 1am. On weekends, it is a mix of stunts and movies. Some stunts include a block of The Jamie Foxx Show on Saturday, Sept. 28 from 8-10am and Moesha on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 8am-4pm. That's all for now, but come on back soon for the Centric Fall 2013 schedule!
ABC Family will produce three new comedy pilots, Mystery Girls, Work Mom and Young & Hungry. These orders join the pick-ups announced earlier this year including the back-order greenlight of dramas The Fosters and Twisted, the third seasons of drama Switched at Birth and sitcom Baby Daddy and the fourth season of Melissa & Joey. These three pilots have a long way to go still, as pilots still need to be shot and then if it's good, ABC Family could pick them up to series. Mystery Girls, a single-camera pilot starring Tori Spelling, follows a former starlet who is roped into solving crimes with her former mystery TV show costar when a witness to a crime will only speak to the infamous 'Mystery Girls.' Tori Spelling and Maggie Malina (Single Ladies) will serve as executive producers. The story is by Shepard Boucher and Tori Spelling. The pilot was written by Shepard Boucher. Work Mom is a half-hour workplace comedy following Heather, who finally gets promoted at her digital marketing firm and winds up hiring her recently unemployed mother. Her vivacious mother, Eden, mixes up the office in a way no one could have predicted. The pilot was written by Grant Levy and Dominik Rothbard (Bunheads). And two worlds collide in Young & Hungry when Nick, a well-off young tech entrepreneur, hires Gabi, a feisty young food blogger, to be his personal chef. Executive producers are Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men), Ashley Tisdale, Jessica Rhoades and CBS Television Studios. The pilot was written by David Holden (Accidentally on Purpose). Stay with us for any further information on these if they are ordered to series to join Baby Daddy and Melissa & Joey.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.