Monday, August 26, 2013
Starting Monday, September 30, BET will be making a few changes to its schedule. Starting at 8am, the hour will now be more Family Matters replacing Moesha. Currently from 9am-11am right now we have an hour each of The Parkers and Family Matters, but now that will be replaced by a movie beginning on Sept. 30. The 11am movie will remain, so that means there will be two morning movies now. The 11am movie will usually run through 1:30pm. My Wife & Kids is returning to the regular BET schedule and will air at 1:30pm & 2pm, replacing The Parkers. At times, Moesha will fill in from 2-3pm if the morning movies runs through 2pm. Then the afternoon Family Matters remains on the schedule airing on most days from 2:30pm-4pm with three airings. The afternoon movie will remain at 4pm leading into 106 & Park at 6. So what about The Parkers? It is off the line-up for now, but sister network Centric will have a weekend marathon on Sept. 28 and 29 from 11am-11pm. Will the series move to Centric? We will let you know soon when we give you Centric's fall schedule! In primetime, it's a mix of movies, originals, The Game encores leading into Scandal Wednesdays and The Soul Man season two encores starting Thursday, Oct. 3. That's sister network TV Land's original sitcom starring Cedric the Entertainer, and like BET did with season one, they will air encore the second season of the sitcom every Thursday from 8-9pm. The season finale of The Game will be Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 10. Elsewhere on BET, The Wendy Williams Show season 5 begins on Sept. 16 at midnight. The late movie rounds the weeknight schedule out at 1am. On weekends, it is a mix of stunts and movies. Some stunts include a block of The Jamie Foxx Show on Saturday, Sept. 28 from 8-10am and Moesha on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 8am-4pm. That's all for now, but come on back soon for the Centric Fall 2013 schedule!
ABC Family will produce three new comedy pilots, Mystery Girls, Work Mom and Young & Hungry. These orders join the pick-ups announced earlier this year including the back-order greenlight of dramas The Fosters and Twisted, the third seasons of drama Switched at Birth and sitcom Baby Daddy and the fourth season of Melissa & Joey. These three pilots have a long way to go still, as pilots still need to be shot and then if it's good, ABC Family could pick them up to series. Mystery Girls, a single-camera pilot starring Tori Spelling, follows a former starlet who is roped into solving crimes with her former mystery TV show costar when a witness to a crime will only speak to the infamous 'Mystery Girls.' Tori Spelling and Maggie Malina (Single Ladies) will serve as executive producers. The story is by Shepard Boucher and Tori Spelling. The pilot was written by Shepard Boucher. Work Mom is a half-hour workplace comedy following Heather, who finally gets promoted at her digital marketing firm and winds up hiring her recently unemployed mother. Her vivacious mother, Eden, mixes up the office in a way no one could have predicted. The pilot was written by Grant Levy and Dominik Rothbard (Bunheads). And two worlds collide in Young & Hungry when Nick, a well-off young tech entrepreneur, hires Gabi, a feisty young food blogger, to be his personal chef. Executive producers are Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men), Ashley Tisdale, Jessica Rhoades and CBS Television Studios. The pilot was written by David Holden (Accidentally on Purpose). Stay with us for any further information on these if they are ordered to series to join Baby Daddy and Melissa & Joey.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.