Monday, August 26, 2013
Starting Monday, September 30, BET will be making a few changes to its schedule. Starting at 8am, the hour will now be more Family Matters replacing Moesha. Currently from 9am-11am right now we have an hour each of The Parkers and Family Matters, but now that will be replaced by a movie beginning on Sept. 30. The 11am movie will remain, so that means there will be two morning movies now. The 11am movie will usually run through 1:30pm. My Wife & Kids is returning to the regular BET schedule and will air at 1:30pm & 2pm, replacing The Parkers. At times, Moesha will fill in from 2-3pm if the morning movies runs through 2pm. Then the afternoon Family Matters remains on the schedule airing on most days from 2:30pm-4pm with three airings. The afternoon movie will remain at 4pm leading into 106 & Park at 6. So what about The Parkers? It is off the line-up for now, but sister network Centric will have a weekend marathon on Sept. 28 and 29 from 11am-11pm. Will the series move to Centric? We will let you know soon when we give you Centric's fall schedule! In primetime, it's a mix of movies, originals, The Game encores leading into Scandal Wednesdays and The Soul Man season two encores starting Thursday, Oct. 3. That's sister network TV Land's original sitcom starring Cedric the Entertainer, and like BET did with season one, they will air encore the second season of the sitcom every Thursday from 8-9pm. The season finale of The Game will be Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 10. Elsewhere on BET, The Wendy Williams Show season 5 begins on Sept. 16 at midnight. The late movie rounds the weeknight schedule out at 1am. On weekends, it is a mix of stunts and movies. Some stunts include a block of The Jamie Foxx Show on Saturday, Sept. 28 from 8-10am and Moesha on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 8am-4pm. That's all for now, but come on back soon for the Centric Fall 2013 schedule!
ABC Family will produce three new comedy pilots, Mystery Girls, Work Mom and Young & Hungry. These orders join the pick-ups announced earlier this year including the back-order greenlight of dramas The Fosters and Twisted, the third seasons of drama Switched at Birth and sitcom Baby Daddy and the fourth season of Melissa & Joey. These three pilots have a long way to go still, as pilots still need to be shot and then if it's good, ABC Family could pick them up to series. Mystery Girls, a single-camera pilot starring Tori Spelling, follows a former starlet who is roped into solving crimes with her former mystery TV show costar when a witness to a crime will only speak to the infamous 'Mystery Girls.' Tori Spelling and Maggie Malina (Single Ladies) will serve as executive producers. The story is by Shepard Boucher and Tori Spelling. The pilot was written by Shepard Boucher. Work Mom is a half-hour workplace comedy following Heather, who finally gets promoted at her digital marketing firm and winds up hiring her recently unemployed mother. Her vivacious mother, Eden, mixes up the office in a way no one could have predicted. The pilot was written by Grant Levy and Dominik Rothbard (Bunheads). And two worlds collide in Young & Hungry when Nick, a well-off young tech entrepreneur, hires Gabi, a feisty young food blogger, to be his personal chef. Executive producers are Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men), Ashley Tisdale, Jessica Rhoades and CBS Television Studios. The pilot was written by David Holden (Accidentally on Purpose). Stay with us for any further information on these if they are ordered to series to join Baby Daddy and Melissa & Joey.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.