Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Gladiators unite! BET Networks announced that it has licensed the rights to air current season episodes of the hit series Scandal. Each episode will air on BET no earlier than eight days after its original broadcast on ABC, exclusively starting in Fall 2013. In addition, BET will debut reruns of the first two seasons of the series this Summer (August) on its network, leading into the third season premiere on ABC (in late September), and is also licensing the exclusive off-network cable rights to the series starting in Fall 2014 when three full seasons will be available for play. Scandal, which is heading into its third season on ABC, has proved a ratings success, ascending to a series high in its season two finale, drawing 9.1 million viewers. The series consistently dominated in its 10 PM time period with key female demos and frequently won with adults 18-49, especially from January-May of last season. Attracting an average of 2.8 million African American viewers each week, Scandal is the #1 broadcast series among African Americans. This is BET's first major drama acquisition. We will have details on the summer launch soon, so stay with us. This could be a huge boost for Scandal when it returns in season three on ABC, as BET reruns will certainly help the series even more to grow in the ratings. BET boosted The Game when it launched on the network after it started airing reruns of the series before its BET original premiere. Scandal stars Kerry Washington (Django Unchained, Ray) as Olivia Pope, a former communications director to the President of the United States, and owner of a prominent crisis management firm. While she and her staff specialize in fixing the lives of the high-powered political set, they struggle to keep their own lives -- and secrets -- in check. The series also stars Columbus Short (Stomp the Yard), Tony Goldwyn (Ghost, The Last Samurai), Jeff Perry (Grey's Anatomy), Guillermo Diaz (Weeds, No Ordinary Family), Darby Stanchfield (NCIS), Katie Lowes (Super 8), and Bellamy Young (Criminal Minds). The show was created by Shonda Rhimes (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice). Rhimes also serves as executive producer alongside Betsy Beers and Mark Wilding. Scandal is produced by ABC Studios and airs Thursdays at 10:00 PM (ET/PT) on the ABC Television Network.
TV Land has partnered with MatchingDonors.com, a leading non-profit organ donation website, it was announced today. Tomorrow (July 17), the episode of the channel's hit sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, actress Victoria Chase (Wendie Malick) makes a life-changing decision to donate her kidney to an ailing young girl. TVLand.com and MatchingDonors.com will also feature an organ donation PSA from Wendie Malick in an effort to increase awareness of the urgent need for organ donations in the United States. TV Land's Hot in Cleveland, now in its fourth season, airs on Wednesday nights at 10pm ET/PT. Every day in the United States there are 19 people who die waiting for an organ transplant. MatchingDonors.com has become the world's largest and most successful nonprofit organization promoting, registering, and finding living organ donors for people needing organ transplants. Organ failure is rampant in all segments, races and ages across the U.S.
Scandal Photo Source: ABC/Craig Sjodin
Hot in Cleveland Photo Source: TV Land
Bob's Burgers - "Ambergris" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Gene, Louise, and Tina discover a seaweed-covered object at the beach that turns out to be a large hunk of Ambergris - an extremely valuable, but illegal, by-product of whale poop that is used in high-end perfumes. But Louise tries to cheat Gene and Tina out of the profit she hopes to make by selling the treasure on the black market. Meanwhile, Bob and Linda deal with their psychologically unstable landlord who is building them a new bathroom.
American Dad - "Poltergasm" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Francine's "Poltergasm" starts to haunt the Smith household when she is unsatisfied by Stan in the sack, and Roger must conjure a medium named Zelda Rubinstein to help eliminate the ghost. Meanwhile, Hayley introduces her new boy-toy, Mauricio (guest voice Diego Luna), to the family.
The Simpsons - "Married to the Blob" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Comic Book Guy realizes his comics are nothing if he can't share them with anyone. Then he meets Kumiko, a Japanese woman writing an autobiographical manga, and he seeks out Homer's advice on how to date her, ending happily for everyone.
Family Guy - "Life of Brian" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Stewie and Brian travel back to 17th century Jamestown, via Stewie's time machine, they encounter too many close calls with altering the course of mankind. Stewie decides to destroy his time machine, but immediately regrets his decision when an unthinkable event happens and he is unable to go back in time.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.