Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Jenna Elfman is staying at NBC. She has been cast in the upcoming NBC comedy Growing Up Fisher (formerly titled as The Family Guide). Elfman will play the role of Joyce Fisher (replacing the previously cast Parker Posey), the wife of Mel Fisher (J.K. Simmons) - the proud family patriarch who does not let his blindness affect him as a father, husband and breadwinner. Elfman recently appeared on NBC's 1600 Penn this past season as the First Lady and is best known for her role on Dharma and Greg, for which she garnered a Golden Globe Award, three Emmy Award nominations. Elfman also starred on two short-lived CBS sitcoms: Courting Alex and Accidentally on Purpose. Growing Up Fisher is from Universal Television and Aggregate Films. It is executive produced by DJ Nash, Jim Garavente and Jason Bateman, who also serves as narrator. The series will premiere in midseason 2014 for NBC.
On Monday, July 29th, ABC Family launches "Summer Crush," the network's fifth annual 10-day long summer programming event filled with all-day marathons, movies and all-new episodes of its original series Switched At Birth, The Fosters, Pretty Little Liars, Twisted, The Vineyard, Melissa & Joey, Baby Daddy and upcoming series Spell-Mageddon. Plus, the network television premieres of films Prom and So Undercover and the ABC Family premiere of 17 Again. Among the storylines we will see are a new crush fo Mel on Melissa & Joey: When his apartment needs to undergo emergency renovations, Mel invites her new boyfriend Noah (guest star Justin Hartley) to temporarily move in with her, accelerating their relationship. While on Baby Daddy, Ben is doing whatever his girlfriend says: Ben dog-sits for his girlfriend, and the dog is stolen on his watch. Both of those episodes will air on the final day of the ABC Family event on Aug. 7.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, July 28
2 Broke Girls - "And the Icing on the Cake" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Deke invites Max’s friends over for a gathering at his dumpster, Caroline learns an enormous secret about his background.
Mom - "Jail Jail and Japanese Porn" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy puts her new relationship ahead of friends and family, Bonnie has to pick up the slack. Academy Award winner Octavia Spencer returns as Regina. Nick Zano returns as David.
Mike & Molly - "They Shoot Asses, Don't They?" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike decides he needs to live every day like it’s his last after being shot during a robbery. As a result, he tells Carl it’s time for him to quit the police force.
Two and a Half Men - "Clank, Clank, Drunken Skank" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Walden starts partying with Jenny and her hot friends. Meanwhile, Alan and Lyndsey’s illicit affair is jeopardized.
Monday, July 28
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Watch Will on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rachelle Lefevre (Life on a Stick/Big Wolf on Campus) - Rachelle visits on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke interviews Queen on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Swoosie Kurtz (Mike & Molly/Love, Sidney) - Swoosie is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.