Monday, July 01, 2013
After recently announcing over 200 hours of original programming, Ovation TV, America's only arts network, has additionally acquired all episodes of critically acclaimed series Smash from NBCUniversal Cable & New Media. Ovation will debut the series beginning Friday, July 19 at 8pm ET. Ovation will air Smash every Friday at 8pm. Season two is set to debut on Ovation in November. Following the struggles of a New York theater company, Smash brings to life the drama surrounding the creation of a new Broadway musical, "Bombshell," based on the life of the legendary Marilyn Monroe. Smash features a multi-talented, all-star ensemble cast, led by Debra Messing, Jack Davenport, Katharine McPhee, Christian Borle, Megan Hilty, Jeremy Jordan and Anjelica Huston. The first season received the Primetime Emmy Award(R) for Outstanding Choreography and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award(R) and a Grammy Award(R). All 32 episodes will air on Ovation. The series was recently canceled and the last episode aired on Sunday, May 26. Ovation also had been airing reruns of So You Think You Can Dance on Friday nights. Back in March, Ovation aired the mini-series Ben Hur on Sunday, March 31. The epic four-hour miniseries aired during an Easter weekend programming event and was based on the novel "Ben-Hur: A Tale of Christ" by Lew Wallace, the miniseries, which was filmed in Morocco, starred Joseph Morgan (The Vampire Diaries) as Judah Ben Hur and Emily VanCamp (Revenge) as Esther. Stay with us for continued updates on Ovation and Smash.
They're tiny, they're toony...they're all a little loony and in this cartoony, they're invading your TV (again)! Yes, they are as The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, continues to add to its summer lineup by presenting the hilariously funny animated series from Steven Spielberg Tiny Toon Adventures, starting today (Monday, July 1), at 6 pm ET/PT. The series will air weekdays at 6:00pm and 6:30pm ET (along with weekday mornings from 10am-11am ET/PT). The series will also air on weekends with airing sat 6:30am and 12 noon. Tiny Toon Adventures hasn't been on cable TV in about 8 years since it aired on the Nickelodeon networks (Nick and Nicktoons). Tiny Toon Adventures will lead into Animaniacs every weekday at 7 & 7:30pm. In the hit series, a new generation of young cartoon characters attend Acme Acres Looniversity, where they embark on a series of off-the-wall adventures while learning the basics of comedy from their Looney Tunes mentors. Popular characters include Buster Bunny, Babs Bunny, Plucky Duck, Hamton J. Pig, Fifi La Fume, Dizzy Devil, Calamity Coyote, Sweetie Bird and the mischievous, Elmyra. Stay tuned right here for more updates on The Hub, including their sitcom airings (Sabrina, Family Ties, Mork & Mindy, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, ALF and Who's the Boss?) and dramas (Lois & Clark, Sliders and Hercules).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.