Monday, July 01, 2013
After recently announcing over 200 hours of original programming, Ovation TV, America's only arts network, has additionally acquired all episodes of critically acclaimed series Smash from NBCUniversal Cable & New Media. Ovation will debut the series beginning Friday, July 19 at 8pm ET. Ovation will air Smash every Friday at 8pm. Season two is set to debut on Ovation in November. Following the struggles of a New York theater company, Smash brings to life the drama surrounding the creation of a new Broadway musical, "Bombshell," based on the life of the legendary Marilyn Monroe. Smash features a multi-talented, all-star ensemble cast, led by Debra Messing, Jack Davenport, Katharine McPhee, Christian Borle, Megan Hilty, Jeremy Jordan and Anjelica Huston. The first season received the Primetime Emmy Award(R) for Outstanding Choreography and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award(R) and a Grammy Award(R). All 32 episodes will air on Ovation. The series was recently canceled and the last episode aired on Sunday, May 26. Ovation also had been airing reruns of So You Think You Can Dance on Friday nights. Back in March, Ovation aired the mini-series Ben Hur on Sunday, March 31. The epic four-hour miniseries aired during an Easter weekend programming event and was based on the novel "Ben-Hur: A Tale of Christ" by Lew Wallace, the miniseries, which was filmed in Morocco, starred Joseph Morgan (The Vampire Diaries) as Judah Ben Hur and Emily VanCamp (Revenge) as Esther. Stay with us for continued updates on Ovation and Smash.
They're tiny, they're toony...they're all a little loony and in this cartoony, they're invading your TV (again)! Yes, they are as The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, continues to add to its summer lineup by presenting the hilariously funny animated series from Steven Spielberg Tiny Toon Adventures, starting today (Monday, July 1), at 6 pm ET/PT. The series will air weekdays at 6:00pm and 6:30pm ET (along with weekday mornings from 10am-11am ET/PT). The series will also air on weekends with airing sat 6:30am and 12 noon. Tiny Toon Adventures hasn't been on cable TV in about 8 years since it aired on the Nickelodeon networks (Nick and Nicktoons). Tiny Toon Adventures will lead into Animaniacs every weekday at 7 & 7:30pm. In the hit series, a new generation of young cartoon characters attend Acme Acres Looniversity, where they embark on a series of off-the-wall adventures while learning the basics of comedy from their Looney Tunes mentors. Popular characters include Buster Bunny, Babs Bunny, Plucky Duck, Hamton J. Pig, Fifi La Fume, Dizzy Devil, Calamity Coyote, Sweetie Bird and the mischievous, Elmyra. Stay tuned right here for more updates on The Hub, including their sitcom airings (Sabrina, Family Ties, Mork & Mindy, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, ALF and Who's the Boss?) and dramas (Lois & Clark, Sliders and Hercules).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.