Wednesday, June 12, 2013
TV Land is going to start airing the Brad Garrett/Joely Fisher sitcom 'Til Death beginning Saturday, June 22. The former Fox sitcom had been bought by Viacom sibling Spike TV for reruns back in Fall 2011, but the sitcom was quickly dropped due to low ratings, along with The King of Queens. That sitcom quickly made its move to TV Land and has been a success on that network. Now, TV Land will start airing 'Til Death as well with it airing on weekends beginning Saturday, June 22. The sitcom will launch with a block from 5-8pm following Roseanne. As of now, weekends will be the only times the sitcom will air. 'Til Death is still going to air on other networks. 'Til Death airs late nights on WGN America, bright and early on Saturday mornings on Cloo and also airs in local syndication as well, mainly in late night. This isn't the only new addition, as we mentioned already Friends is joining the TV Land schedule this Friday (June 14) with a five-night marathon, but that is an actual launch that was planned for months.
In other TV Land news, Three's Company is back on the schedule airing early mornings weekdays at 5:00am & 5:30am, as Home Improvement exits the line-up for now. Also, with the addition of 'Til Death, this means Murder, She Wrote is off of the line-up, as that series was airing on Saturdays. On this series, the newlywed Woodcocks get a primer on life together from their new neighbors and twenty-five-year veterans of marriage, the Starks. Stay with us for continued updates on TV Land!
Alfonso Ribeiro has been named host of ABC Family's new comedic series Spell-Mageddon. The one-hour game show puts a fresh spin on the spelling bee, where contestants take on hilarious distractions while spelling increasingly challenging words, as we announced a few weeks ago. Production begins on Monday, June 17, in Studio City. The show will join ABC Family's Wednesday night comedy line-up on Wednesday, July 24 at 9pm ET/PT following new episodes of sitcoms Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy. Ribeiro, best known for his role as Carlton Banks on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and on the sitcom Silver Spoons, is a writer, actor, director and host, and was recently seen on The Graham Norton Show reuniting with Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff for the first time on stage in over a decade.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 24
Hollywood Darlings - "She's Not All That" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After years of pretending to be her own assistant to avoid saying ``no'' to people, a non-confrontational Beverley finally hires former child star Lori Beth Denberg to be her assistant; Jodie asks a stranger to pretend to be a fan of Christine's.
Return of the Mac - "An Offer Joe Can't Refuse" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Joe is forced to book his own celebrity guests, he finds out there's a daytime mafia controlling the booking of celebrities.
Bunk'd - "Girl Meets World" (Disney Channel, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Xander and Emma learn two of their campers have a crush on one another.
Nobodies - "Devil in a Red Dress" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Larry, Rachel and Hugh, at their most fractured, turn to another writing team for help: fellow Groundlings alums Jim Rash and Nat Faxon.
Lopez - "Cuck You George Lopez" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George’s friends have him worried that Lori wears the pants in their relationship. Pfeiffer complicates Olly’s work life, and Manolo gets laser eye surgery to please Wendy.
Wednesday, May 24
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Watch Zoe on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannibal Buress (Broad City) - Hannibal appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Topher stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Gabourey is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- Andree Vermeulen (Angie Tribeca) - Andree appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- T. J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T. J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Lennon appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Eric Stonesteet (Modern Family) - Eric drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jake Smollett (On Our Own) - Jake throws down spicy honey chicken on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan talks about Wakefield on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris and trainer Obi Obadike have tips to lose ten pounds in ten days on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank talks about his new hit, Brockmire, with Clinton Kelly on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.