Tuesday, May 28, 2013
MeTV Network's Summer 2013 Schedule "Summer of Me"; ABC Family Launching New Summer Comedic Game in July
It's "The Summer of Me!" The MeTV Network has got new shows coming up this summer on their schedule, such as The Lucy Show and Ironside, which will join other recently launched shows from last month like, Dragnet, Leave it to Beaver and Adam-12. Several shows will also change time periods and a few are taking a summer vacation from the summer schedule. "The Summer of Me" begins Monday, June 3 and The Lucy Show will air weekday mornings at 6am, while Ironside will air weekdays at 11am (so you have all summer to watch while the new Ironside will launch this fall on NBC Wednesdays). To make space for these new shows launching on the schedule next month, some long-running and popular series need to take a summer vacation to rest a bit before they return to the MeTV line-up. So we say goodbye to Lucy, Bob and Rod Serling as I Love Lucy, The Bob Newhart Show and The Twilight Zone depart from their program schedule on June 3 after an almost continuous run on the network since MeTV launched in 2010. Not to fret, the memorable entertainment continues with another Lucille Ball series, The Lucy Show, as we mentioned weekday mornings, while Night Gallery moves to a new time and picks up at the same time where The Twilight Zone leaves off. For Bob Newhart, it's time for him to take a shrink sabbatical after treating MeTV viewers to a healthy dose of laughs for so long.
While we have new shows, shows leaving, and shows with new timeslots, we also have shows returning to the schedule after a hiatus. Family Affair is back and will air weekdays at 7 AM. Daniel Boone is back and will air weekdays at 8 AM, while Gomer Pyle patrols at 5:30 AM on Sunday mornings and Mothers-in-Law has the Sunday shift at 2 PM. Since the I Love Lucy Sunday block is taking a break, joining Mothers-in-Law will be extra runs of Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and That Girl to form a new 2-4pm Sunday afternoon block immediately following the Brady Bunch Brunch block. We will have more on MeTV very soon as they will announce some new acquisitions. We will have complete details on those soon. For now, view the MeTV "Summer of Me" schedule beginning Monday, June 3!
ABC Family has added another original series to its roster of original programming that will premiere this summer. Spell-Mageddon is an hour game show where contestants take on hilarious distractions while spelling increasingly challenging words. Spell-Mageddon, which takes a traditional spelling bee to a whole new level, is created and Executive-Produced by Adam Reed, Adam Freeman and Leslie Greif of Thinkfactory Media. Additional Executive Producers are Jeff Krask and Michael Canter. It will join ABC Family's Wednesday night comedy line-up on Wednesday July 24, 2013 at 9pm following sitcoms Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy. The series will replace Dancing Fools, which will have its season finale on July 17 at 9. As a reminder, the block of Melissa and Joey, Baby Daddy and Dancing Fools launches tomorrow night (Wednesday, May 29) at 8|7c. Look for our review of the season premieres of those sitcoms tomorrow at noon! Meanwhile, more details on Spell-Mageddon will be coming soon, such as the host.
Bob's Burgers - "The Frond Files" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Bob and Linda visit school and learn that their kids' essays about their fantasy version of Wagstaff are "too creative" and "offensive." Eugene transforms the school into a "Fart School for the Gifted" (watch out for Keyboard Jail); Tina, to her delight, depicts a world where she is romanced by countless zombie teenage boys; and Louise creates a school where she takes down a robotic Mr. Frond from the future ("We need more creamed corn!").
The Simpsons - "Diggs" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
Bart is rescued from a confrontation with Springfield Elementary's bullies by Diggs (guest voice Daniel Radcliffe), a recent transfer student and aspiring champion in the niche sport of falconry. But, Bart soon discovers that Diggs wants to do more than just wrangle falcons: he wants to take to the sky himself.
The Simpsons - "The Man Who Grew Too Much" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On a research trip, Lisa is shocked to discover that Sideshow Bob is now the chief scientist at a massive chemical engineering company, but her fears are allayed as she becomes enamored with his likeminded appreciation of high-culture. Meanwhile, Marge's attempt to preach healthy sexual practices to a teen church group goes awry.
Family Guy - "Mom's the Word" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Peter's mother passes away, he forms a special friendship with her longtime pal, Evelyn (guest voice Lauren Bacall), who attempts to seduce Peter. Meanwhile, Stewie is distraught when he understands the reality of death for the first time.
Liv and Maddie - "Slump-A-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie and Willow are excited to try out for the school's varsity softball team but Willow is in a slump and Maddie figures out why.
I Didn't Do It - "If It Takes Like a Brussels Sprout" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jasmine and Logan invent a spray that makes vegetables taste even more delicious.
Austin & Ally - "Cupids & Cuties" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Trish is nervous about an upcoming visit from a boy she has a crush on and acts strangely when he takes her on a date.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Jason Ritter (The Class) - Jason appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.