Tuesday, May 28, 2013
MeTV Network's Summer 2013 Schedule "Summer of Me"; ABC Family Launching New Summer Comedic Game in July
It's "The Summer of Me!" The MeTV Network has got new shows coming up this summer on their schedule, such as The Lucy Show and Ironside, which will join other recently launched shows from last month like, Dragnet, Leave it to Beaver and Adam-12. Several shows will also change time periods and a few are taking a summer vacation from the summer schedule. "The Summer of Me" begins Monday, June 3 and The Lucy Show will air weekday mornings at 6am, while Ironside will air weekdays at 11am (so you have all summer to watch while the new Ironside will launch this fall on NBC Wednesdays). To make space for these new shows launching on the schedule next month, some long-running and popular series need to take a summer vacation to rest a bit before they return to the MeTV line-up. So we say goodbye to Lucy, Bob and Rod Serling as I Love Lucy, The Bob Newhart Show and The Twilight Zone depart from their program schedule on June 3 after an almost continuous run on the network since MeTV launched in 2010. Not to fret, the memorable entertainment continues with another Lucille Ball series, The Lucy Show, as we mentioned weekday mornings, while Night Gallery moves to a new time and picks up at the same time where The Twilight Zone leaves off. For Bob Newhart, it's time for him to take a shrink sabbatical after treating MeTV viewers to a healthy dose of laughs for so long.
While we have new shows, shows leaving, and shows with new timeslots, we also have shows returning to the schedule after a hiatus. Family Affair is back and will air weekdays at 7 AM. Daniel Boone is back and will air weekdays at 8 AM, while Gomer Pyle patrols at 5:30 AM on Sunday mornings and Mothers-in-Law has the Sunday shift at 2 PM. Since the I Love Lucy Sunday block is taking a break, joining Mothers-in-Law will be extra runs of Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and That Girl to form a new 2-4pm Sunday afternoon block immediately following the Brady Bunch Brunch block. We will have more on MeTV very soon as they will announce some new acquisitions. We will have complete details on those soon. For now, view the MeTV "Summer of Me" schedule beginning Monday, June 3!
ABC Family has added another original series to its roster of original programming that will premiere this summer. Spell-Mageddon is an hour game show where contestants take on hilarious distractions while spelling increasingly challenging words. Spell-Mageddon, which takes a traditional spelling bee to a whole new level, is created and Executive-Produced by Adam Reed, Adam Freeman and Leslie Greif of Thinkfactory Media. Additional Executive Producers are Jeff Krask and Michael Canter. It will join ABC Family's Wednesday night comedy line-up on Wednesday July 24, 2013 at 9pm following sitcoms Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy. The series will replace Dancing Fools, which will have its season finale on July 17 at 9. As a reminder, the block of Melissa and Joey, Baby Daddy and Dancing Fools launches tomorrow night (Wednesday, May 29) at 8|7c. Look for our review of the season premieres of those sitcoms tomorrow at noon! Meanwhile, more details on Spell-Mageddon will be coming soon, such as the host.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Anything Can Happen Recurrence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Sheldon tries to be spontaneous, it leads to unexpected friction between Penny, Amy and Bernadette. Meanwhile, Raj seeks Howard’s help in preparing for a date with Emily.
The Millers - "Tomlandia" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Nathan pitches a children’s show to his boss, Ed Dolan, based on Tom’s imaginary comic book, Tom has an adverse reaction to the tweaks made to his cherished world. Jeffrey Tambor returns as Ed Dolan, Nathan’s boss.
Two and a Half Men - "Lotta Delis in Little Armenia" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alan stumbles upon an opportunity to make money. Meanwhile, Walden has to address his co-dependency issues.
Bad Teacher - "Pilot" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Former trophy wife Meredith Davis seeks a return to a life of leisure and luxury by posing as a teacher at an upscale elementary school to meet the students’ rich, single fathers and land one to marry. However, her plan hits a major snag and she faces exposure when her unconventional – and mostly unsuitable – teaching methods raise the suspicions of a fellow faculty member. Read our review.
Surviving Jack - "Something to Talk About" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
During an evening of inopportune timing, Frankie introduces his new girlfriend, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), to Joanne, who has just gotten her tubes tied and is still on pain medication. Instead of taking care of Joanne post-surgery, Jack has his hands full policing Frankie and Rachel. Meanwhile, George and Mikey try to retrieve a porn video they disguised in a "Casablanca" VHS case that has been placed into the wrong hands at the Dunlevy house.
Parks and Recreation - "Moving Up" (NBC, 8:00-9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler), Ben (Adam Scott), and Andy (Chris Pratt) head to San Francisco for a National Parks Conference. Tom (Aziz Ansari) opens his restaurant, Ron (Nick Offerman) has another run-in with his ex-wife Tammy 2 (Special Guest Megan Mullally), Andy lives a rock and roll fantasy, and Leslie makes a huge decision about her future.
Saint George - "Hot Blooded" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alma sets George up on a date with a Latina doctor, and George discovers the woman is crazy.
Anger Management - "Charlie Spends the Night with Lacey" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie spends the night with Lacey to keep her from killing her ex-boyfriend.
Sirens - "There's No "I" in Ice Cream" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The crew remembers a day that followed the full spectrum of excitement; Johnny tries to find out who ate the last doughnut.
- "Distant Mom" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids return from a vacation to Mozambique with their mom, Kim, only to learn the trip was actually a job interview at the embassy. They soon find out they are moving to Africa and away from Stephanie and Charlie. Guest Star: Holly Robinson Peete.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Run Into Marcus' Nephew" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Emily takes Amy's car to a party with Marcus' nephew after she was forbidden from driving at night, and must race back to beat David home. Joe wants more responsibility so asks to babysit Janie. Guest Star: Larramie "Doc" Shaw.
The Rickey Smiley Show - "Roll Pounce" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The annual skate off has a surprise entry.
Thursday, April 24
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Catch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Jim is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Mary McCormack (Welcome to the Family) - Mary guest co-hosts Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Tune in to see Brandy on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- The Cast of Bad Teacher - Sara Gilbert, Ari Graynor, David Alan Grier and Ryan Hansen are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron-Bure (Full House) - Candace guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Molly Ephraim (Last Man Standing) - Molly shares behind-the-scenes stories from her show on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max shares his passion for teaching kids the love of reading and the value of giving back on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William chats and performs on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Timothy Simons (Veep) - Timothy will be on HuffPost Live.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. is a guest on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show and Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Jamie, Sally and the rest of the cast The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.