Tuesday, May 28, 2013
MeTV Network's Summer 2013 Schedule "Summer of Me"; ABC Family Launching New Summer Comedic Game in July
It's "The Summer of Me!" The MeTV Network has got new shows coming up this summer on their schedule, such as The Lucy Show and Ironside, which will join other recently launched shows from last month like, Dragnet, Leave it to Beaver and Adam-12. Several shows will also change time periods and a few are taking a summer vacation from the summer schedule. "The Summer of Me" begins Monday, June 3 and The Lucy Show will air weekday mornings at 6am, while Ironside will air weekdays at 11am (so you have all summer to watch while the new Ironside will launch this fall on NBC Wednesdays). To make space for these new shows launching on the schedule next month, some long-running and popular series need to take a summer vacation to rest a bit before they return to the MeTV line-up. So we say goodbye to Lucy, Bob and Rod Serling as I Love Lucy, The Bob Newhart Show and The Twilight Zone depart from their program schedule on June 3 after an almost continuous run on the network since MeTV launched in 2010. Not to fret, the memorable entertainment continues with another Lucille Ball series, The Lucy Show, as we mentioned weekday mornings, while Night Gallery moves to a new time and picks up at the same time where The Twilight Zone leaves off. For Bob Newhart, it's time for him to take a shrink sabbatical after treating MeTV viewers to a healthy dose of laughs for so long.
While we have new shows, shows leaving, and shows with new timeslots, we also have shows returning to the schedule after a hiatus. Family Affair is back and will air weekdays at 7 AM. Daniel Boone is back and will air weekdays at 8 AM, while Gomer Pyle patrols at 5:30 AM on Sunday mornings and Mothers-in-Law has the Sunday shift at 2 PM. Since the I Love Lucy Sunday block is taking a break, joining Mothers-in-Law will be extra runs of Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and That Girl to form a new 2-4pm Sunday afternoon block immediately following the Brady Bunch Brunch block. We will have more on MeTV very soon as they will announce some new acquisitions. We will have complete details on those soon. For now, view the MeTV "Summer of Me" schedule beginning Monday, June 3!
ABC Family has added another original series to its roster of original programming that will premiere this summer. Spell-Mageddon is an hour game show where contestants take on hilarious distractions while spelling increasingly challenging words. Spell-Mageddon, which takes a traditional spelling bee to a whole new level, is created and Executive-Produced by Adam Reed, Adam Freeman and Leslie Greif of Thinkfactory Media. Additional Executive Producers are Jeff Krask and Michael Canter. It will join ABC Family's Wednesday night comedy line-up on Wednesday July 24, 2013 at 9pm following sitcoms Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy. The series will replace Dancing Fools, which will have its season finale on July 17 at 9. As a reminder, the block of Melissa and Joey, Baby Daddy and Dancing Fools launches tomorrow night (Wednesday, May 29) at 8|7c. Look for our review of the season premieres of those sitcoms tomorrow at noon! Meanwhile, more details on Spell-Mageddon will be coming soon, such as the host.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.