Tuesday, May 28, 2013
MeTV Network's Summer 2013 Schedule "Summer of Me"; ABC Family Launching New Summer Comedic Game in July
It's "The Summer of Me!" The MeTV Network has got new shows coming up this summer on their schedule, such as The Lucy Show and Ironside, which will join other recently launched shows from last month like, Dragnet, Leave it to Beaver and Adam-12. Several shows will also change time periods and a few are taking a summer vacation from the summer schedule. "The Summer of Me" begins Monday, June 3 and The Lucy Show will air weekday mornings at 6am, while Ironside will air weekdays at 11am (so you have all summer to watch while the new Ironside will launch this fall on NBC Wednesdays). To make space for these new shows launching on the schedule next month, some long-running and popular series need to take a summer vacation to rest a bit before they return to the MeTV line-up. So we say goodbye to Lucy, Bob and Rod Serling as I Love Lucy, The Bob Newhart Show and The Twilight Zone depart from their program schedule on June 3 after an almost continuous run on the network since MeTV launched in 2010. Not to fret, the memorable entertainment continues with another Lucille Ball series, The Lucy Show, as we mentioned weekday mornings, while Night Gallery moves to a new time and picks up at the same time where The Twilight Zone leaves off. For Bob Newhart, it's time for him to take a shrink sabbatical after treating MeTV viewers to a healthy dose of laughs for so long.
While we have new shows, shows leaving, and shows with new timeslots, we also have shows returning to the schedule after a hiatus. Family Affair is back and will air weekdays at 7 AM. Daniel Boone is back and will air weekdays at 8 AM, while Gomer Pyle patrols at 5:30 AM on Sunday mornings and Mothers-in-Law has the Sunday shift at 2 PM. Since the I Love Lucy Sunday block is taking a break, joining Mothers-in-Law will be extra runs of Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and That Girl to form a new 2-4pm Sunday afternoon block immediately following the Brady Bunch Brunch block. We will have more on MeTV very soon as they will announce some new acquisitions. We will have complete details on those soon. For now, view the MeTV "Summer of Me" schedule beginning Monday, June 3!
ABC Family has added another original series to its roster of original programming that will premiere this summer. Spell-Mageddon is an hour game show where contestants take on hilarious distractions while spelling increasingly challenging words. Spell-Mageddon, which takes a traditional spelling bee to a whole new level, is created and Executive-Produced by Adam Reed, Adam Freeman and Leslie Greif of Thinkfactory Media. Additional Executive Producers are Jeff Krask and Michael Canter. It will join ABC Family's Wednesday night comedy line-up on Wednesday July 24, 2013 at 9pm following sitcoms Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy. The series will replace Dancing Fools, which will have its season finale on July 17 at 9. As a reminder, the block of Melissa and Joey, Baby Daddy and Dancing Fools launches tomorrow night (Wednesday, May 29) at 8|7c. Look for our review of the season premieres of those sitcoms tomorrow at noon! Meanwhile, more details on Spell-Mageddon will be coming soon, such as the host.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, July 27
The Goldbergs - "Lucky" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Barry begs Murray to get a dog, and when they finally do, Barry is disappointed to find the dog would rather spend more time with Murray than with him. Meanwhile, Erica and Lainey plan a girls-only sleepover… without Beverly. But when Erica finds out she wants to join them, it puts a rift in their mother-daughter relationship.
The Goldbergs - "Double Dare" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Adam and Emmy are ecstatic their favorite TV game show “Double Dare” is hosting auditions at their school. But when Adam secretly asks Pops to be his partner, and Emmy secretly asks Handsome Ben, the two get into a fight. Meanwhile, Murray and Barry are upset the Philadelphia Eagles have been losing until superstitious Barry becomes convinced Beverly is their good luck charm to change things around.
Modern Family - "The Storm" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A huge thunder storm brings wide power outages and the whole family congregates at Jay and Gloria’s to use their generator, but Jay has one foot out the door desperately trying to make it to a reunion with some old Navy buddies. Meanwhile, Phil tries to be the hero and redeem himself after a very embarrassing public panic attack earlier, but only causes more headaches for everyone. Mitch and Cam grasp at straws trying to salvage Lily’s birthday party where the most popular girl at school is in attendance, and Haley turns up the seduction efforts with Andy.
black-ish - "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Gun" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a break-in down the block, Dre talks about getting a gun, and Bow is not comfortable with the idea. Which leads everyone to debate — there are many different ways to protect your family, but what’s the “best” way? Jack and Diane are shocked that they have been living in the house unprotected, Junior sets off on a quest to protect the family from the real threat, cyber terrorism, and Zoey has Pops teach her the art of Karate to defend herself.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Matched" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Josh and Gabi attend a speed dating event; Elliot tries to bond with Keisha.
Baby Daddy - "Condom Conundrum" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben's condom stash is ruined; Ben, Tucker and Danny fear their girlfriends might be pregnant.
Best Friends Whenever - "Epic Girl's Day" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The girls decide to take Daisy on an official ``Epic Girls' Day'' at the mall since she might be here longer than expected.
Wednesday, July 27
- Andy Garcia (Ballers) - Watch Andy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Cho (Selfie/Kitchen Confidential) - John visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Star Trek Beyond on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Dave drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent) - Kathryn is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. She will also be on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Georgia King (Vice Principals/The New Normal) - Georgia appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Christina Milian (Grandfathered) - Christina is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila is a guest on Popcorn with Peter Travers on ABC News.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) and Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Jason and Ashley talk about their new film Amateur Night on the AOL Build Show at 2pm. Ashley will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jason will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Rob is a guest on The Place for Politics on MSNBC at 11am.