Tuesday, May 28, 2013
MeTV Network's Summer 2013 Schedule "Summer of Me"; ABC Family Launching New Summer Comedic Game in July
It's "The Summer of Me!" The MeTV Network has got new shows coming up this summer on their schedule, such as The Lucy Show and Ironside, which will join other recently launched shows from last month like, Dragnet, Leave it to Beaver and Adam-12. Several shows will also change time periods and a few are taking a summer vacation from the summer schedule. "The Summer of Me" begins Monday, June 3 and The Lucy Show will air weekday mornings at 6am, while Ironside will air weekdays at 11am (so you have all summer to watch while the new Ironside will launch this fall on NBC Wednesdays). To make space for these new shows launching on the schedule next month, some long-running and popular series need to take a summer vacation to rest a bit before they return to the MeTV line-up. So we say goodbye to Lucy, Bob and Rod Serling as I Love Lucy, The Bob Newhart Show and The Twilight Zone depart from their program schedule on June 3 after an almost continuous run on the network since MeTV launched in 2010. Not to fret, the memorable entertainment continues with another Lucille Ball series, The Lucy Show, as we mentioned weekday mornings, while Night Gallery moves to a new time and picks up at the same time where The Twilight Zone leaves off. For Bob Newhart, it's time for him to take a shrink sabbatical after treating MeTV viewers to a healthy dose of laughs for so long.
While we have new shows, shows leaving, and shows with new timeslots, we also have shows returning to the schedule after a hiatus. Family Affair is back and will air weekdays at 7 AM. Daniel Boone is back and will air weekdays at 8 AM, while Gomer Pyle patrols at 5:30 AM on Sunday mornings and Mothers-in-Law has the Sunday shift at 2 PM. Since the I Love Lucy Sunday block is taking a break, joining Mothers-in-Law will be extra runs of Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and That Girl to form a new 2-4pm Sunday afternoon block immediately following the Brady Bunch Brunch block. We will have more on MeTV very soon as they will announce some new acquisitions. We will have complete details on those soon. For now, view the MeTV "Summer of Me" schedule beginning Monday, June 3!
ABC Family has added another original series to its roster of original programming that will premiere this summer. Spell-Mageddon is an hour game show where contestants take on hilarious distractions while spelling increasingly challenging words. Spell-Mageddon, which takes a traditional spelling bee to a whole new level, is created and Executive-Produced by Adam Reed, Adam Freeman and Leslie Greif of Thinkfactory Media. Additional Executive Producers are Jeff Krask and Michael Canter. It will join ABC Family's Wednesday night comedy line-up on Wednesday July 24, 2013 at 9pm following sitcoms Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy. The series will replace Dancing Fools, which will have its season finale on July 17 at 9. As a reminder, the block of Melissa and Joey, Baby Daddy and Dancing Fools launches tomorrow night (Wednesday, May 29) at 8|7c. Look for our review of the season premieres of those sitcoms tomorrow at noon! Meanwhile, more details on Spell-Mageddon will be coming soon, such as the host.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, July 29
The Middle - "The Waiting Game" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sue tries to clear her head by making potpourri Sue-venir sachets to give away to her classmates, while Frankie is on pins and needles as they nervously wait to find out if Sue has been accepted to any of the colleges she applied to. Meanwhile, Brick kicks Axl out of the bedroom and into the dining room as he attempts to find some peace and serenity so that he can attempt to write a novel, and Mike refuses to admit that he was rocking out in his car and singing at the top of his lungs – even after his whole family witnessed him doing it.
The Goldbergs - "I Drank the Mold" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
During his birthday sleepover Beverly has planned, Adam’s friend Garry shares his dad’s home brewed beer and gets everyone sick. Many of the parents believe Adam is a bad influence and forbid his friends from hanging out with him. Meanwhile, Murray tells Barry and Erica he will buy a new CD player only if they are able to write the greatest song ever. What they write is horrible but when Murray hears the song, he recognizes Erica’s singing talent and her love of music.
Modern Family - "Spring Break" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Spring break has Claire doing some spring cleaning, while Phil struggles with not being a spring chicken when Luke starts outperforming him at seemingly everything. Haley takes Alex to a music festival to take her mind off of colleges, and Gloria and Jay challenge one another to give up Spanish soap operas and cigars respectively. However, when Gloria accompanies Cameron to his faculty talent show, she projects the soapy drama she craves onto Cam’s rivalry with Senor Kaplan, and Jay tags along with Mitchell to pick up Lily from camp so he can sneak a smoke.
black-ish - "30 Something" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Things begin to fall apart, in more ways than one, when Dre hurts himself playing basketball right before his 40th birthday. He hands the planning of his big party over to his much younger, hipper assistant, fearing he really is getting too old to be cool. Bow and Ruby face off over who can get Dre the best gift, and the kids try to figure out what to give their dad for his special day.
Melissa & Joey - "Be the Bigger Person" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mel gets into a war of words with a citizen who catches her in a politically awkward situation.
Baby Daddy - "What Happens in Vegas" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tucker moonlights as a lounge singer in Las Vegas; Danny reveals his big secret to Ben.
The Jim Gaffigan Show - "A Night at the Plaza" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jim plans a romantic anniversary that includes a Broadway show and stay at The Plaza hotel. The night is interrupted by visits from Daniel, Dave, Dave’s girlfriend and her jealous ex. Not quite the anniversary Jim had planned.
Impastor - "Bird of Pray" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy’s first Sunday service is so unorthodox, a livid Schmidt calls in the bishop to assess the new pastor’s competence. Dora makes an unusual request for Buddy, while Alexa and Russell vie for his affection.
The Game - "What More Can I Say?" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jason and Kelly are shocked; the Sabers have food poisoning; Keira questions her relationship with Malik.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Watch Christina on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Amy Sedaris (Strangers with Candy) - Amy visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also chats about the film Vacation on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am, on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael (check your listings), and on the AOL Build Show.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Jack is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Rob Corddry (Ballers/The Winner) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis gives the scoop on his new series on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show/Malcolm & Eddie/Reed Between the Lines) - Malcolm-Jamal is a guest on The Boris and Nicole Show on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, so check your local listings.
- Jonathan Silverman (Significant Mother/The Single Guy/Gimme a Break) - Jonathan talks about his new series Significant Mother on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mike Epps and Jessie T. Usher (Survivor's Remorse) - Mike and Jessie are guests on the AOL Build Show.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Breaking In) - Michael will be on People Now.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City/Bad Teacher) - Kristin is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.