Friday, June 14, 2013
Seinfeld Reunion on Kirstie Alley TV Land Sitcom This Fall; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 17, 2013)
Looks like we have a Seinfeld mini-reunion on TV Land this fall. Jason Alexander has officially moved on from Vandalay Industries – now he's got a new job as Broadway star Maddie Banks' (Kirstie Alley) agent in TV Land's new sitcom Kirstie (formerly titled Kirstie's New Show) in a guest starring role. Set to tape later this month, the episode reunites Alexander with his former Seinfeld co-star Michael Richards who plays Alley's eccentric driver in the new comedy. The sitcom already was going to be a Cheers reunion since Alley and former Cheers co-star Rhea Perlman are in the main cast. Kirstie revolves around Madison "Maddie" Banks (Kirstie Alley, Cheers), a renowned Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. However, Maddie doesn't exactly see nerdy and schlubby Arlo fitting in with her luxurious lifestyle. But when Maddie's assistant and best friend, Thelma (Rhea Perlman, Cheers), and outlandish driver Frank (Michael Richards, Seinfeld) encourage her to give Arlo a chance, Maddie is shocked to find that perhaps she has motherly instincts after all.
TV Land has ordered 12 episodes of the sitcom. We will have a premiere date very soon. In other TV Land news, just the other day we mentioned 'Til Death is coming to TV Land and we mentioned it would just be airing on Saturdays...but now it will be airing more. The sitcom will also air weekdays 7-8pm as well as the previously announced Saturday block from 5-8pm. The weekday block will lead-in to Everybody Loves Raymond, which also stars Brad Garrett. As a reminder, TV Land launches Friends tonight. Friends will also be part of the "Summer of Sitcoms Marathons," a four-nights-per-week extravaganza every Thursday through Sunday starting at 10pm ET/PT beginning June 20. TV Land has Doug and Carrie heading up Thursday nights on King of Queens, a super Friends Friday, Ray and his crazy (but loveable) family on Everybody Loves Raymond on Saturday, and your favorite seniors on The Golden Girls on Sunday. And finally, as we mentioned Three's Company is back on weekday mornings from 5-6am but it will also air Sunday mornings from 6am-10am starting June 30.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of June 17-21, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on a prime time special Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night on ABC at 7pm ET and following the NBA game on the west coast.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Watch Alyssa on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Billy visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Chris Messina (The Mindy Project) - Chris appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sean Hayes (Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- The Cast of Hot in Cleveland - Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Wendie Malick and Jane Leeves are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri tells us about her new comedy special Sherri Shepherd: It's My Time to Talk and her new book, Plan D: How to Lose Weight and Beat Diabetes (Even If You Don't Have It), on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Fiona Gubelmann (Wilfred) - Fiona stops by Home & Family at 10am on Hlalmark Channel.
- John C. McGinley (Scrubs) - John discusses his recent role playing alongside Harrison Ford in the movie 42, and acting with Al Pacino on Broadway in Glengarry Glen Ross on Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock from the Sun) - Kristen is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Catch Mr. Warmth on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy drops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Nolan Gould (Modern Family) - Nolan is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Tom/The Jackie Thomas Show) - Tom discusses his issues with infertility on Katie, so check your local listings.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke guest co-hosts a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Mark-Paul Gosselear (Saved by the Bell and Breckin Meyer (Married to the Kellys) - The stars of Franklin & Bash are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Michael McKean (Laverne & Shirley) - Michael is a guest on Tavis Smiley, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show - Cedric tells us about the new season of The Soul Man on TV Land and his new hosting duties of Millionaire on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sean Hayes (Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Julia discusses marriage, aging and cursing on Katie, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Catch John on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Maggie Elizabeth Jones (Ben and Kate) - Maggie is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret drops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations. She will also be on Joy Behar: Say Anything at 9pm on Current.
- Penny Marshall (Laverne & Shirley) - Penny visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric continues to make the rounds on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Billy continues to make the rounds on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Adam Sandler, David Spade, Chris Rock and Kevin James - The cast of Grown Ups 2 are guests on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Gabourey is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - Bill appears on a repeat of The Doctors, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Brain Bowl Incubation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he’s dating does for a living.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Superior Donuts - "Get It, Arthur" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy’s mom comes to town, Franco encourages Arthur to go out on his first date in years. Brenda Vaccaro guest stars as Helen, Randy’s mom.
The Great Indoors - "Aaron Wolf" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jack watches the millennials’ journalistic integrity slip away when they fall under the spell of his nemesis, Aaron Wolf (Chris D’Elia), a former magazine staffer turned famous outdoor reality TV host who returns to guest edit the magazine.
Monday, March 27
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.