Tuesday, June 11, 2013
COZI TV, the new network developed by the NBC Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, announced that it is now available in 47.5 million homes or 42% of the country. The network, which officially launched at the beginning of the year, reached this latest milestone by recently adding WMFP in Boston, KUBE in Houston and KHSB in Kansas City to its growing roster of affiliates. In addition, COZI TV named award-winning journalist and television executive Diane Petzke as Director of Programming and Promotion for the network. In this new role, Petzke will oversee scheduling for COZI TV and expand awareness of the network through an aggressive marketing and social media strategy. SitcomsOnline.com hears that more classic TV is on the horizon, so stay tuned! Perhaps some goodies by the fall. Maybe some sitcoms will make their way to COZI? What classic shows (50s-80s) would you like to see that isn't airing anywhere right now? Sound off on Facebook!
Current COZI hit shows like Bionic Woman, Magnum, P.I. and The Six Million Dollar Man are being enthusiastically welcomed by audiences nationwide. COZI TV airs some of America's most beloved and iconic television shows and hit movies of all time as well as original programming. Almost 40 stations, including the 10 NBC-owned stations that serve most of the nation's largest markets, now air the network, mainly on their multicast channels. Other COZI TV affiliates include WMYD in Detroit, WTHR in Indianapolis and KSNV in Las Vegas. Stay with us for continued updates and we hope to bring you some programming news very soon!
Our buddy Chris Mann recently released his latest episode of Reimagine That! The latest episode has classic Young and the Restless and Days of Our Lives star Jaime Lyn Bauer. She shared with Chris, her emotional remembrances of the late, great Jeanne Cooper. "I loved Jeanne," Jaime Lyn says, choking back tears. "She was a very important person in my life. She saved me through some of my worst years. She befriended me, she mothered me. She was an incredible woman. And she was very troubled at that time as well, in her personal life. And we were good for each other. We hung out a lot. I even dated Corbin, her son, for a while, and she was graciously alright with it." She also talked about what sitcom legend Henry Winkler (Happy Days) taught her about dealing with fans, how Leslie Nielsen shielded her from a physically threatening Y&R viewer who hated Lorie Brooks, and how she drew on her observations at The Playboy Mansion in creating Y&R's original bad girl-turned-heroine. Speaking of Young and the Restless, same day reruns will begin on Monday, July 1, 2013 on TVGN and air weekdays at 7pm and again the next day at 10am.
This is part one of Chris' interview with Jaime Lyn Bauer. In part 2, which is posting on Friday, she talks about being approached recently for Y&R to return for a week of taping ... and where she'd see her iconic character of Lorie Brooks nearly 40 years after she first premiered (around the time that Jeanne Cooper's character did) on Y&R. Part 2 will be timed to be published before the Daytime Emmys this weekend. As you may know, this awards show will include a tribute to Jeanne Cooper. Also coming up on Friday's show: a fun "Reality Reimagined" interview with TV historian/author and Comfort TV creator/blogger David Hofstede. But before part two comes out, go listen to part one. And stay with us for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.