Tuesday, June 11, 2013
COZI TV, the new network developed by the NBC Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, announced that it is now available in 47.5 million homes or 42% of the country. The network, which officially launched at the beginning of the year, reached this latest milestone by recently adding WMFP in Boston, KUBE in Houston and KHSB in Kansas City to its growing roster of affiliates. In addition, COZI TV named award-winning journalist and television executive Diane Petzke as Director of Programming and Promotion for the network. In this new role, Petzke will oversee scheduling for COZI TV and expand awareness of the network through an aggressive marketing and social media strategy. SitcomsOnline.com hears that more classic TV is on the horizon, so stay tuned! Perhaps some goodies by the fall. Maybe some sitcoms will make their way to COZI? What classic shows (50s-80s) would you like to see that isn't airing anywhere right now? Sound off on Facebook!
Current COZI hit shows like Bionic Woman, Magnum, P.I. and The Six Million Dollar Man are being enthusiastically welcomed by audiences nationwide. COZI TV airs some of America's most beloved and iconic television shows and hit movies of all time as well as original programming. Almost 40 stations, including the 10 NBC-owned stations that serve most of the nation's largest markets, now air the network, mainly on their multicast channels. Other COZI TV affiliates include WMYD in Detroit, WTHR in Indianapolis and KSNV in Las Vegas. Stay with us for continued updates and we hope to bring you some programming news very soon!
Our buddy Chris Mann recently released his latest episode of Reimagine That! The latest episode has classic Young and the Restless and Days of Our Lives star Jaime Lyn Bauer. She shared with Chris, her emotional remembrances of the late, great Jeanne Cooper. "I loved Jeanne," Jaime Lyn says, choking back tears. "She was a very important person in my life. She saved me through some of my worst years. She befriended me, she mothered me. She was an incredible woman. And she was very troubled at that time as well, in her personal life. And we were good for each other. We hung out a lot. I even dated Corbin, her son, for a while, and she was graciously alright with it." She also talked about what sitcom legend Henry Winkler (Happy Days) taught her about dealing with fans, how Leslie Nielsen shielded her from a physically threatening Y&R viewer who hated Lorie Brooks, and how she drew on her observations at The Playboy Mansion in creating Y&R's original bad girl-turned-heroine. Speaking of Young and the Restless, same day reruns will begin on Monday, July 1, 2013 on TVGN and air weekdays at 7pm and again the next day at 10am.
This is part one of Chris' interview with Jaime Lyn Bauer. In part 2, which is posting on Friday, she talks about being approached recently for Y&R to return for a week of taping ... and where she'd see her iconic character of Lorie Brooks nearly 40 years after she first premiered (around the time that Jeanne Cooper's character did) on Y&R. Part 2 will be timed to be published before the Daytime Emmys this weekend. As you may know, this awards show will include a tribute to Jeanne Cooper. Also coming up on Friday's show: a fun "Reality Reimagined" interview with TV historian/author and Comfort TV creator/blogger David Hofstede. But before part two comes out, go listen to part one. And stay with us for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.