Tuesday, June 11, 2013
COZI TV, the new network developed by the NBC Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, announced that it is now available in 47.5 million homes or 42% of the country. The network, which officially launched at the beginning of the year, reached this latest milestone by recently adding WMFP in Boston, KUBE in Houston and KHSB in Kansas City to its growing roster of affiliates. In addition, COZI TV named award-winning journalist and television executive Diane Petzke as Director of Programming and Promotion for the network. In this new role, Petzke will oversee scheduling for COZI TV and expand awareness of the network through an aggressive marketing and social media strategy. SitcomsOnline.com hears that more classic TV is on the horizon, so stay tuned! Perhaps some goodies by the fall. Maybe some sitcoms will make their way to COZI? What classic shows (50s-80s) would you like to see that isn't airing anywhere right now? Sound off on Facebook!
Current COZI hit shows like Bionic Woman, Magnum, P.I. and The Six Million Dollar Man are being enthusiastically welcomed by audiences nationwide. COZI TV airs some of America's most beloved and iconic television shows and hit movies of all time as well as original programming. Almost 40 stations, including the 10 NBC-owned stations that serve most of the nation's largest markets, now air the network, mainly on their multicast channels. Other COZI TV affiliates include WMYD in Detroit, WTHR in Indianapolis and KSNV in Las Vegas. Stay with us for continued updates and we hope to bring you some programming news very soon!
Our buddy Chris Mann recently released his latest episode of Reimagine That! The latest episode has classic Young and the Restless and Days of Our Lives star Jaime Lyn Bauer. She shared with Chris, her emotional remembrances of the late, great Jeanne Cooper. "I loved Jeanne," Jaime Lyn says, choking back tears. "She was a very important person in my life. She saved me through some of my worst years. She befriended me, she mothered me. She was an incredible woman. And she was very troubled at that time as well, in her personal life. And we were good for each other. We hung out a lot. I even dated Corbin, her son, for a while, and she was graciously alright with it." She also talked about what sitcom legend Henry Winkler (Happy Days) taught her about dealing with fans, how Leslie Nielsen shielded her from a physically threatening Y&R viewer who hated Lorie Brooks, and how she drew on her observations at The Playboy Mansion in creating Y&R's original bad girl-turned-heroine. Speaking of Young and the Restless, same day reruns will begin on Monday, July 1, 2013 on TVGN and air weekdays at 7pm and again the next day at 10am.
This is part one of Chris' interview with Jaime Lyn Bauer. In part 2, which is posting on Friday, she talks about being approached recently for Y&R to return for a week of taping ... and where she'd see her iconic character of Lorie Brooks nearly 40 years after she first premiered (around the time that Jeanne Cooper's character did) on Y&R. Part 2 will be timed to be published before the Daytime Emmys this weekend. As you may know, this awards show will include a tribute to Jeanne Cooper. Also coming up on Friday's show: a fun "Reality Reimagined" interview with TV historian/author and Comfort TV creator/blogger David Hofstede. But before part two comes out, go listen to part one. And stay with us for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.