Tuesday, June 11, 2013
COZI TV, the new network developed by the NBC Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, announced that it is now available in 47.5 million homes or 42% of the country. The network, which officially launched at the beginning of the year, reached this latest milestone by recently adding WMFP in Boston, KUBE in Houston and KHSB in Kansas City to its growing roster of affiliates. In addition, COZI TV named award-winning journalist and television executive Diane Petzke as Director of Programming and Promotion for the network. In this new role, Petzke will oversee scheduling for COZI TV and expand awareness of the network through an aggressive marketing and social media strategy. SitcomsOnline.com hears that more classic TV is on the horizon, so stay tuned! Perhaps some goodies by the fall. Maybe some sitcoms will make their way to COZI? What classic shows (50s-80s) would you like to see that isn't airing anywhere right now? Sound off on Facebook!
Current COZI hit shows like Bionic Woman, Magnum, P.I. and The Six Million Dollar Man are being enthusiastically welcomed by audiences nationwide. COZI TV airs some of America's most beloved and iconic television shows and hit movies of all time as well as original programming. Almost 40 stations, including the 10 NBC-owned stations that serve most of the nation's largest markets, now air the network, mainly on their multicast channels. Other COZI TV affiliates include WMYD in Detroit, WTHR in Indianapolis and KSNV in Las Vegas. Stay with us for continued updates and we hope to bring you some programming news very soon!
Our buddy Chris Mann recently released his latest episode of Reimagine That! The latest episode has classic Young and the Restless and Days of Our Lives star Jaime Lyn Bauer. She shared with Chris, her emotional remembrances of the late, great Jeanne Cooper. "I loved Jeanne," Jaime Lyn says, choking back tears. "She was a very important person in my life. She saved me through some of my worst years. She befriended me, she mothered me. She was an incredible woman. And she was very troubled at that time as well, in her personal life. And we were good for each other. We hung out a lot. I even dated Corbin, her son, for a while, and she was graciously alright with it." She also talked about what sitcom legend Henry Winkler (Happy Days) taught her about dealing with fans, how Leslie Nielsen shielded her from a physically threatening Y&R viewer who hated Lorie Brooks, and how she drew on her observations at The Playboy Mansion in creating Y&R's original bad girl-turned-heroine. Speaking of Young and the Restless, same day reruns will begin on Monday, July 1, 2013 on TVGN and air weekdays at 7pm and again the next day at 10am.
This is part one of Chris' interview with Jaime Lyn Bauer. In part 2, which is posting on Friday, she talks about being approached recently for Y&R to return for a week of taping ... and where she'd see her iconic character of Lorie Brooks nearly 40 years after she first premiered (around the time that Jeanne Cooper's character did) on Y&R. Part 2 will be timed to be published before the Daytime Emmys this weekend. As you may know, this awards show will include a tribute to Jeanne Cooper. Also coming up on Friday's show: a fun "Reality Reimagined" interview with TV historian/author and Comfort TV creator/blogger David Hofstede. But before part two comes out, go listen to part one. And stay with us for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.