Monday, May 13, 2013
8:00PM Bones (fall) / Almost Human (NEW!, late fall)
9:00PM Sleepy Hollow (NEW!, fall) / The Following (mid-season)
8:00PM Dads (NEW!)
8:30PM Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NEW!)
9:00PM New Girl
9:30PM The Mindy Project
8:00PM The X-Factor (fall) / American Idol (mid-season)
8:00PM The X-Factor Results (fall) / American Idol Results (mid-season)
9:00PM Glee (fall) / Rake (NEW!, mid-season)
8:00PM Junior Masterchef (NEW!)
9:00PM Sleepy Hollow (encores)
9:00PM Raising Hope
9:30PM Enlisted (NEW!)
7:00PM College Football on Fox
7:00PM NFL Overrun/Animated Repeats
7:30PM The OT (NFL post-game)
8:00PM The Simpsons
8:30PM Bob's Burgers
9:00PM Family Guy
9:30PM American Dad!
Mid-season (new and returning): The Following (drama, Mon), American Idol (reality, Wed), American Idol Results (reality, Thu), Rake (drama, Thu), Gang Related (drama premiering in May), Surviving Jack (comedy), Us & Them (comedy), Murder Police (animated comedy), 24: Live Another Day (drama, summer 2014), Kitchen nightmares, Hell's Kitchen, Masterchef, So You Think you Can Dance and Hotel Hell.
NOTES: Fox has announced five new comedies, four new dramas and one event series. New comedies Us & Them, Surviving Jack and Murder Police (animated) will join the schedule in mid-season. A special episode of New Girl will air following Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday, February 2, 2014. Legal drama Rake and gritty fast-paced drama Gang Related are slated for mid-season. Drama The Following will return Mondays at 9 in mid-season. M. Night Shyalman's new spellbinding event series Wayward Pines, starring Academy Award nominee Matt Dillon, will debut in 2014. 24: Live Another Day, a thrilling new tent-pole event series set to restart the clock on the groundbreaking and Emmy Award-winning drama franchise starring Kiefer Sutherland will make its historic debut in the summer of 2014 on Fox with 12 all-new episodes.
Discuss Fox's 2013-14 line-up. You'll find the official press release there, too...with more detailed information.
Turning to other news, TBS has greenlit Ground Floor, a new multi-camera workplace comedy with a romantic twist written by Emmy(R) nominees Bill Lawrence (TBS' Cougar Town, Scrubs) and Greg Malins (2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother). The series stars Skylar Astin (Pitch Perfect), Briga Heelan (Cougar Town) and John C. McGinley (Scrubs). Ground Floor is being produced by Lawrence's Doozer, in association with Warner Horizon Television, with Lawrence and Jeff Ingold (Like Father) serving as executive producers. TBS has ordered 10 episodes of the series, which will premiere on the network in 2014. Ground Floor is set in the modern world of corporate America. The show centers on Brody (Astin), a young hot-shot banker at Whitestone Trust who thought he was just having a one-night stand with Jennifer (Heelan), a beautiful woman he met at a bar. But when he discovers that she works in maintenance for the building where he works, their worlds begin to collide in the most unexpected way. Facing Brody's critical boss, Mr. Mansfield (McGinley), as well as annoyed colleagues, the pair must find a way to deal with their growing feelings for each other in this modern take on Romeo & Juliet.
Starring as Jennifer's co-workers in the building's maintenance office are Rory Scovel (Zach Stone is Going to be Famous) as Harvard, a know-it-all who's secretly enamored with her; James Earl (Glee) as Derrick, who brings a laid-back quality to the office; and Alexis Knapp (Pitch Perfect) as Tori, a sexy young woman who loves to hit the clubs every night. In addition, Rene Gube (Upright Citizens Brigade) stars as Brody's colleague Threepeat, a money manager in love with his hair gel. This is yet another new sitcom for Lawrence, as he also has an upcoming multi-camera sitcom on NBC coming next mid-season titled Undateable and a single-camera sitcom for Fox titled Surviving Jack, as mentioned above. Stay with us for continued updates on Ground Floor, as this sitcom will join the likes of other TBS original sitcoms like Sullivan & Son, Men at at Work and Cougar Town.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 27
The Simpsons - "Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
The Simpsons - "Gal of Constant Sorrow" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Bart accidentally sends a sweet homeless woman’s cart into the river, he allows her to live in his closet for a small fee. When Lisa discovers that the woman is an incredible folk singer, she offers her own closet and plans a concert, only to be disappointed by Hettie’s surprising substance abuse and violent nature. Meanwhile Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "True Intentions" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela and Leslie are shocked when Jennifer confesses she has been keeping a secret.
Friday, May 27
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Watch Maya on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rashida Jones (Angie Tribeca/Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Angie Tribeca on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy talks about Now You See Me 2 on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years) - Danica talks about the Hallmark Channel original movie Wedding Bells on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie shares a fun flashback from the original Ghostbusters on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sam Waterson (Grace and Frankie) - Sam talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/TWo and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.