Monday, May 13, 2013
8:00PM Bones (fall) / Almost Human (NEW!, late fall)
9:00PM Sleepy Hollow (NEW!, fall) / The Following (mid-season)
8:00PM Dads (NEW!)
8:30PM Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NEW!)
9:00PM New Girl
9:30PM The Mindy Project
8:00PM The X-Factor (fall) / American Idol (mid-season)
8:00PM The X-Factor Results (fall) / American Idol Results (mid-season)
9:00PM Glee (fall) / Rake (NEW!, mid-season)
8:00PM Junior Masterchef (NEW!)
9:00PM Sleepy Hollow (encores)
9:00PM Raising Hope
9:30PM Enlisted (NEW!)
7:00PM College Football on Fox
7:00PM NFL Overrun/Animated Repeats
7:30PM The OT (NFL post-game)
8:00PM The Simpsons
8:30PM Bob's Burgers
9:00PM Family Guy
9:30PM American Dad!
Mid-season (new and returning): The Following (drama, Mon), American Idol (reality, Wed), American Idol Results (reality, Thu), Rake (drama, Thu), Gang Related (drama premiering in May), Surviving Jack (comedy), Us & Them (comedy), Murder Police (animated comedy), 24: Live Another Day (drama, summer 2014), Kitchen nightmares, Hell's Kitchen, Masterchef, So You Think you Can Dance and Hotel Hell.
NOTES: Fox has announced five new comedies, four new dramas and one event series. New comedies Us & Them, Surviving Jack and Murder Police (animated) will join the schedule in mid-season. A special episode of New Girl will air following Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday, February 2, 2014. Legal drama Rake and gritty fast-paced drama Gang Related are slated for mid-season. Drama The Following will return Mondays at 9 in mid-season. M. Night Shyalman's new spellbinding event series Wayward Pines, starring Academy Award nominee Matt Dillon, will debut in 2014. 24: Live Another Day, a thrilling new tent-pole event series set to restart the clock on the groundbreaking and Emmy Award-winning drama franchise starring Kiefer Sutherland will make its historic debut in the summer of 2014 on Fox with 12 all-new episodes.
Discuss Fox's 2013-14 line-up. You'll find the official press release there, too...with more detailed information.
Turning to other news, TBS has greenlit Ground Floor, a new multi-camera workplace comedy with a romantic twist written by Emmy(R) nominees Bill Lawrence (TBS' Cougar Town, Scrubs) and Greg Malins (2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother). The series stars Skylar Astin (Pitch Perfect), Briga Heelan (Cougar Town) and John C. McGinley (Scrubs). Ground Floor is being produced by Lawrence's Doozer, in association with Warner Horizon Television, with Lawrence and Jeff Ingold (Like Father) serving as executive producers. TBS has ordered 10 episodes of the series, which will premiere on the network in 2014. Ground Floor is set in the modern world of corporate America. The show centers on Brody (Astin), a young hot-shot banker at Whitestone Trust who thought he was just having a one-night stand with Jennifer (Heelan), a beautiful woman he met at a bar. But when he discovers that she works in maintenance for the building where he works, their worlds begin to collide in the most unexpected way. Facing Brody's critical boss, Mr. Mansfield (McGinley), as well as annoyed colleagues, the pair must find a way to deal with their growing feelings for each other in this modern take on Romeo & Juliet.
Starring as Jennifer's co-workers in the building's maintenance office are Rory Scovel (Zach Stone is Going to be Famous) as Harvard, a know-it-all who's secretly enamored with her; James Earl (Glee) as Derrick, who brings a laid-back quality to the office; and Alexis Knapp (Pitch Perfect) as Tori, a sexy young woman who loves to hit the clubs every night. In addition, Rene Gube (Upright Citizens Brigade) stars as Brody's colleague Threepeat, a money manager in love with his hair gel. This is yet another new sitcom for Lawrence, as he also has an upcoming multi-camera sitcom on NBC coming next mid-season titled Undateable and a single-camera sitcom for Fox titled Surviving Jack, as mentioned above. Stay with us for continued updates on Ground Floor, as this sitcom will join the likes of other TBS original sitcoms like Sullivan & Son, Men at at Work and Cougar Town.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 7
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of the annual fright fest Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Sliding Bobs" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bob notices that he has started to lose his hair. In a wave of nostalgia, Linda reminisces about Bob’s mustache and how it made her fall for him years ago. Meanwhile, the kids tell their own versions of the story of how their parents met.
The Simpsons - "Halloween of Horror" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Lisa becomes scared at the Krustyland Halloween Horror Night, Homer is forced to take down his Everscream Terrors decorations. Halloween pop-up employees seek vengeance on Homer for causing them to lose their jobs, and rob his house while Homer and Lisa hide out in the attic. Homer and Lisa light up their stored holiday decorations to attract attention and stand up to the intruders.
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Your Loveable Jackass" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After sales for their hangover cure are slower than expected, the guys decide to take part in a drug trial for quick cash, but their plans are unexpectedly derailed by Paul Abdul (guest-starring as herself). Meanwhile, Kelly faces an awkward situation after spending time with Leslie and Josh.
Family Guy - "Pilling Them Softly" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie is diagnosed with ADD and prescribed Adderall, which Brian takes to write a 2000-page proposal to pitch to author George R.R. Martin at a book convention. Meanwhile, Quagmire and Peter compete, Iron Chef-style, to determine which of them gets to keep his new cooking show.
Bordertown - "Borderwall" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bud fights to get a border wall constructed using confiscated drug money, only to have the wall destroy the economy, leaving him jobless. He then begins smuggling immigrants under the wall to make ends meet.
Sunday, February 7
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Catch Tina on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert after the Super Bowl on CBS.
- Adam DeVine (Modern Family/Workaholics) - Adam is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden on CBS.
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Watch Brie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm. She also talks about Love on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- David Koechner (F Is for Family/Hank/The Office) - David will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ben Feldman (Superstore/A to Z/Living with Fran) - Ben discusses Superstore on The Meredith Vieira Show (check your local listings) and on People Now.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael talks about Deadpool on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri takes viewers behind the scenes of the Super Bowl on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Rhea Seehorn (Whitney/I'm with You) - Rhea talks about Better Call Saul on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Britt Lower (Man Seeking Woman) - Britt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.