Friday, February 01, 2013
NATPE 2013 Updates Includes MeTV Update and New Network Called Movies!; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 4, 2013)
Yesterday we gave you a list of shows being offered in syndication for Fall 2013 (including should-be big ratings players Modern Family and The Middle), today we will round up the major news from NATPE 2013. CBS Television Distribution has now sold Hot in Cleveland to TV stations in 92% of the United States for a September 2014 launch. The hit TV Land sitcom is now cleared in 47 of the top 50 markets. The latest round of clearances includes stations from the Allbritton Communications, Granite Broadcasting, Raycom Media, Post-Newsweek Stations, Gray Television and Grant Communications groups. Onto MeTV, Weigel Broadcasting Co. and Nielsen have reached an agreement to begin national television audience measurement of The MeTV Network effective spring 2013. Since the launch of MeTV, distribution has grown rapidly, reaching or meeting Nielsen's policies for reporting as a national TV network. Currently, the MeTV Network serves 141 affiliates, clears 87% of the country and can be found in 28 of the top 30 markets in the U.S. Stay tuned for a full network rating report this spring, as currently only a little more than a handful of affiliates subscribe to ratings. And sticking with digital over the air networks, another one is coming this spring. Fox Television Stations and Weigel Broadcasting (who also owns MeTV and is a partner with MGM for ThisTV) are partnering on Movies!, a film-themed subchannel launching in 17 Fox-owned markets this spring. Movies! will be available on Fox digital channels in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, Boston, Washington, Atlanta, Houston, Detroit, Phoenix, Tampa, Minneapolis, Orlando, Austin, Memphis and Ocala. Movies! will join networks like Antenna TV, MeTV, ThisTV, Bounce TV, Cozi TV and RTV in this space.
Meanwhile, Disney-ABC Domestic Television has renewed talk show Katie for a second season to be aired in 2013-14. In addition, 20th Television has renewed its freshman newsmagazine Dish Nation, for a second season. MGM Domestic Television Distribution will now distribute viral video series, RightThisMinute, as the series tries to get more clearances this fall. The series will now also add two best-of weekend half-hours for stations to carry. We mentioned the series The Test yesterday on our Fall 2013 list, but CBS Television Distribution's upcoming conflict resolution talk show is now sold in 80% of the U.S. for a Fall 2013 launch. The talk show is from Jay McGraw's Stage 29 Productions is now sold in 47 of the top 50 markets. The latest round of deals includes stations from the CBS Stations, Gannett, LIN Television, Londen Broadcasting, Local TV, Quincy, ComCorp and New Age Television groups. We also mentioned Kris yesterday and that's going to be a talk show with Kardashian mom Kris Jenner. 20th Television will preview Kris on select Fox-owned television stations this summer as a six-week trial, like on WNYW in New York and KTTV/KCOP in L.A. Some series have worked this way (like last summer's Bethenny), but some have not (like The Kilborn File).
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of February 4-8, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 4, 2013
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adhir Kalyan (Rules of Engagement/Aliens in America) - Adhir stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny talks about The Jenny Project on NBC's Today between 7-9am and 10am.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl) - Max appears on Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Tune in to see Sherri on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Reba McEntire (Malibu Country/Reba) - Reba stops by ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Amanda Peet (Bent) - Amanda is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia is a guest on The Steve Harvey Show, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl chats on Joy Behar: Say Anything! at 9pm on Current.
- Diahann Carroll (Julia) - Diahann stops by to give a sneak peek at her guest-starring role on the hit USA show White Collar on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Watch Joel on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Café) - Whoopi visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric continues to make the rounds on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Reba McEntire (Malibu Country/Reba) - Reba appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jenna Elfman (1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna stops by NBC's Today at 10am.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Tiffani guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Catch Sally on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel continues to make the rounds on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Adrian Grenier (Entourage) - Adrian is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brian Posehn (The Sara Silverman Program) - Brian appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kim Coles (Living Single) - Kim discusses her new one-woman show on Marie on Hallmark Channel at 12pm.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette brings the laughter as she helps Mario Batali make an Italian specialty filled with chocolate on on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison visits Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad/The Cleveland Show) - Watch Seth on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jenna Elfman (1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Dharma & Grgeg) - Jenna appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Tiffani talks about her show White Collar on NBC's Today at 10am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 25
The Middle - "Trip and Fall" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trashy neighbor Rita Glossner (Brooke Shields) talks an apprehensive Frankie into taking a road trip to an unknown destination; Mike takes an embarrassing fall at the quarry and has to deal with even more embarrassment when OSHA is called in to investigate; and Sue attempts to convince Axl to end his estrangement with the family after learning their true feelings about April.
American Housewife - "The Otto Motto" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Taylor keeps quitting school activities, Greg says that Katie, quite the quitter herself, sets a poor example. He challenges her to finally learn French after quitting lessons so long ago, so she reluctantly enrolls in a college class.
Speechless - "S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Imaginary Mary - "In a World Where Worlds Collide" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Alice freaks out when her friends want to meet Ben. But when an outing with everyone goes surprisingly well, Alice wants to meet Ben’s friends. However, Ben is hesitant but devises a plan that will impress Alice; but later, he makes a surprising admission.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Last Ride" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn’t in the lead for “Mr. Nine-Nine” (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
The Mick - "The Implant" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Sabrina tells Mickey she wants to augment her figure, so Mickey decides the best way to dissuade her from doing so is to do a test-run in public. Meanwhile, Jimmy takes Chip and Ben to a baseball game to teach them how to be more masculine.
Great News - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan), a frustrated cable news producer, is horrified when her mom, Carol (Andrea Martin), gets an internship at "The Breakdown." Despite Katie's best efforts, Carol is instantly beloved by the entire office, including blowhard veteran anchor Chuck (John Michael Higgins). But when Katie hits a roadblock while producing a big story, she realizes that maybe having a mom at work isn't such a bad thing.
Great News - "Bear Attack" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) tries to set workplace boundaries with Carol (Andrea Martin), but when a big story about an escaped bear lands in her lap, her mom can't help but meddle. Meanwhile, Greg (Adam Campbell) tries to get Chuck (John Michael Higgins) and Portia (Nicole Richie) to do a little friendly banter at the end of the show.
The Detour - "The Mule" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin and Nate live out their action movie fantasies as they make their way to the kids, who are actually doing fine without them.
The Detour - "The Ass" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The family reunites, but this time Robin makes a huge mistake.
Tuesday, April 25
- Amanda Peet (Brockmire/Togetherness/Bent) - Catch Amanda on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She also appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Arden Myrin (Working) - Arden appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andrea Martin (Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea talks about Good News on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ross Lynch (Austin & Ally) - Ross opens up about his new movie My Friend Dahmer on People Now at 8:30am.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Peter Engel (Producer of Saved by the Bell/California Dreams/Hang Time) - Peter dishes about his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell on the The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.