Thursday, January 31, 2013
NATPE 2013: Fall 2013 Syndication; CBS Announces Final Season of How I Met Your Mother, 2013-14 Season
The Middle (Warner Bros.)
Modern Family (20th Television)
The Cleveland Show (20th Television)
Cops Reloaded (20th Television)
Glee (20th Television)
Bridezillas (Rohrs Media)
The Arsenio Hall Show (CBS Television)
Bethenny (Warner Bros.)
Queen Latifah (Sony Pictures Television)
The Test (CBS Television)
TMZ Live (Warner Bros.)
Kris (20th Television) - six-week summer test run on Fox owned stations
Paternity Court (MGM)
Supreme Justice with Judge Karen Mills-Francis (Entertainment Studios)
OK! TV (Big Fish Entertainment)
First-Run Weekly Airings
Beer Geeks (TVS)
Heroes Among Us (Associated Television)
The Hollywood News Report (Telco)
Rescue 3 (Trifecta)
Republic of Doyle (Trifecta)
Remember this is what is being offered. Some of these entries have not gotten clearances, but if and when they do, we'll let you know. Discuss this update on our message board and we will keep that thread updated all-year until the fall. So keep checking that and stay with us! And we'll be back tomorrow for a round-up of NATPE stories/pick-ups.
It's now official! CBS Entertainment and 20th Century Fox Television announced that How I Met Your Mother will return for the 2013-2014 broadcast season. All series regulars - Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan, as well as series creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas - will return for the final season, where audiences will final learn the identity of the Mother. Premiering in September 2005 and currently in its eighth season, How I Met Your Mother has been a signature part of CBS's top-rated Monday comedy block. Throughout its history, it has ranked among television's top programs in adults 18-49 and adults 18-34. Last year, in its seventh season, How I Met Your Mother delivered its highest ratings ever in viewers and key demographics. This year, How I Met Your Mother is averaging 9.75 million viewers, 4.0/11 in adults 18-49, 4.4/11 in adults 25-5 and 3.7/12 in adults 18-34 in live+7 data.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, July 27
American Dad - "The Longest Distance Relationship" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A year after Jeff’s (guest voice Jeff Fischer) abduction, Hayley is still heartbroken, until she meets millionaire Matt Davis (guest voice Pete Holmes), who may be able to help her move forward. Things are going great, until Steve and Snot (guest voice Curtis Armstrong) catch a signal on a CB radio – Jeff’s alive in space and trying to make it back to Hayley.
Bob's Burgers - "Two for Tina" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jimmy Jr. is threatened when Tina starts dating a ballet dancer named Josh and the two boys get into an epic dance-off for her heart.
The Simpsons - "Yellow Badge of Cowardge" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bart is plagued with guilt when he wins the annual “Race Around the School,” with an assist from Nelson, who beats up frontrunner Milhouse. Meanwhile, Homer tries to bring back the annual 4th of July fireworks display after it’s canceled for budget reasons. Guest voice Glenn Close returns as Mona Simpson and Olympian Edwin Moses guest-voices as himself.
The Simpsons - "Labor Pains" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer remembers his Lamaze skills when he’s forced to deliver a baby in an elevator. When the mother (guest voice Elizabeth Moss) names the child Homer Jr., he quickly develops a deep emotional bond with the kid. Meanwhile, Lisa is recruited by the cheerleaders of the local pro football team, the Springfield Atoms.
Family Guy - "Chap Stewie" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Peter and Chris interrupt Stewie’s TV time, the angry baby goes back in time to break up Peter and Lois, so he’s never conceived. But instead, he is reborn into a “Downton Abbey”-esque British household.
American Dad - "Poltergasm" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Francine’s “Poltergasm” starts to haunt the Smith household when she is unsatisfied by Stan in the sack, and Roger must conjure a medium named Zelda Rubinstein to help eliminate the ghost. Meanwhile, Hayley introduces her new boy-toy, Mauricio (guest voice Diego Luna), to the family.
Liv & Maddie - "Space-Werewolf-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv feels that she has something to prove; she insists on doing her own stunts without knowing how complicated they are.
I Didn't Do It - "Earth Boys Are Icky" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In an attempt to land herself an alien boyfriend, Delia creates a device to communicate with outer space; Logan's love life becomes complicated when he realizes his new girlfriend, Danica, is the vice principal's daughter.
Austin & Ally - "Eggs & Extraterrestrials" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dez, Trish and Austin talk Ally into attending the Zaliens convention in Miami; the fun is over when Trish and Dez run into real Zaliens.
Sunday, July 27
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran talks about her battle with cancer, meeting the love of her life, and her latest role on Broadway on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm on OWN.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Watch Will on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rachelle Lefevre (Life on a Stick/Big Wolf on Campus) - Rachelle visits on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke interviews Queen on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Swoosie Kurtz (Mike & Molly/Love, Sidney) - Swoosie is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.