Tuesday, February 12, 2013
We have a follow-up to our story from Thursday regarding Family Matters on BET. We mentioned that the sitcom has a marathon scheduled on BET for March 2, but we didn't know yet if it were joining the schedule. We can now answer that! Family Matters will indeed be joining the BET schedule on Monday, March 4, 2013! The '90s comedy will air weekdays 10-11am and 3-4pm (though sometimes it will be preempted in the 3pm hour). The 10am hour will replace My Wife & Kids, while the 3pm hour is replacing Moesha, which shifts to 2-3pm (and remains 8-9am). As a result, The Parkers will go from 2-3pm to 1-2pm (and remain 9-10am), replacing Jamie Foxx, which seems to be off the weekday line-up. Also off the weekday line-up is My Wife & Kids. No word on when both will return to weekdays, but Jamie Foxx Show is scheduled for a marathon on Saturday, March 9 from 8am-5pm and some airings on Sunday, March 10. Jamie Foxx keeps on going back and forth from BET to Centric, so it could pop-up on Centric, but as of now it is not scheduled for the week of March 4. Weekdays 11am-1pm will remain movies. My Wife & Kids has been airing on BET since Fall 2011, but it remains airing on Nick at Nite in late nights. Stay with us for continued updates, as it is likely to pop back up soon.
Elsewhere at BET, an all-new season of The Game premieres in March. 11 episodes have been ordered and includes a reunion episode. The season premieres on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 with a one-hour premiere at 10pm. The season finale will be on Tuesday, May 28. Following The Game on Tuesday nights at 10:30pm will be a third season of Let's Stay Together, as ten episodes have been ordered for that. That sitcom is about two independently minded sisters that take the step toward marriage, life puts their love to the test. This sophisticated romantic comedy series keeps its sense of humor as it tackles the intricacies of sex, intimacy, and communication.
IFC announced that the comedy network has ordered a second season of its original series, Comedy Bang! Bang!, hosted by comedian/writer and podcast host Scott Aukerman (co-creator/director/producer, Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis; writer/performer, Mr. Show). IFC has ordered 20 episodes, double the first season's order, to air in ten episode arcs on IFC. The first ten episodes will debut in third quarter 2013 with the remaining ten slated to air in fourth quarter. Production is currently underway in Los Angeles. Comedy Bang! Bang! riffs on the late night talk show format, infusing celebrity appearances and comedy sketches with a tinge of the surreal. Aukerman engages his guests with unfiltered and improvisational lines of questioning, punctuated by banter and beats provided by musical cohort Reggie Watts (Conan), to reinvent the traditional celebrity interview. Season one featured a rotating line-up of well-known comedians and actors, including Amy Poehler and Zach Galifianakis along with others which can be seen at www.ifc.com/comedy-bang-bang.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.