Tuesday, February 12, 2013
We have a follow-up to our story from Thursday regarding Family Matters on BET. We mentioned that the sitcom has a marathon scheduled on BET for March 2, but we didn't know yet if it were joining the schedule. We can now answer that! Family Matters will indeed be joining the BET schedule on Monday, March 4, 2013! The '90s comedy will air weekdays 10-11am and 3-4pm (though sometimes it will be preempted in the 3pm hour). The 10am hour will replace My Wife & Kids, while the 3pm hour is replacing Moesha, which shifts to 2-3pm (and remains 8-9am). As a result, The Parkers will go from 2-3pm to 1-2pm (and remain 9-10am), replacing Jamie Foxx, which seems to be off the weekday line-up. Also off the weekday line-up is My Wife & Kids. No word on when both will return to weekdays, but Jamie Foxx Show is scheduled for a marathon on Saturday, March 9 from 8am-5pm and some airings on Sunday, March 10. Jamie Foxx keeps on going back and forth from BET to Centric, so it could pop-up on Centric, but as of now it is not scheduled for the week of March 4. Weekdays 11am-1pm will remain movies. My Wife & Kids has been airing on BET since Fall 2011, but it remains airing on Nick at Nite in late nights. Stay with us for continued updates, as it is likely to pop back up soon.
Elsewhere at BET, an all-new season of The Game premieres in March. 11 episodes have been ordered and includes a reunion episode. The season premieres on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 with a one-hour premiere at 10pm. The season finale will be on Tuesday, May 28. Following The Game on Tuesday nights at 10:30pm will be a third season of Let's Stay Together, as ten episodes have been ordered for that. That sitcom is about two independently minded sisters that take the step toward marriage, life puts their love to the test. This sophisticated romantic comedy series keeps its sense of humor as it tackles the intricacies of sex, intimacy, and communication.
IFC announced that the comedy network has ordered a second season of its original series, Comedy Bang! Bang!, hosted by comedian/writer and podcast host Scott Aukerman (co-creator/director/producer, Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis; writer/performer, Mr. Show). IFC has ordered 20 episodes, double the first season's order, to air in ten episode arcs on IFC. The first ten episodes will debut in third quarter 2013 with the remaining ten slated to air in fourth quarter. Production is currently underway in Los Angeles. Comedy Bang! Bang! riffs on the late night talk show format, infusing celebrity appearances and comedy sketches with a tinge of the surreal. Aukerman engages his guests with unfiltered and improvisational lines of questioning, punctuated by banter and beats provided by musical cohort Reggie Watts (Conan), to reinvent the traditional celebrity interview. Season one featured a rotating line-up of well-known comedians and actors, including Amy Poehler and Zach Galifianakis along with others which can be seen at www.ifc.com/comedy-bang-bang.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.