Thursday, February 07, 2013
This March, BET is saying that family does matter by airing a marathon of Family Matters on Saturday, March 2, 2013. The hit '90s sitcom has aired in marathons on BET before but this is the first one in quite some time and it comes after Viacom sibling Nick at Nite stopped airing it regularly again. Nick at Nite was airing the series every morning at approx. 5:30am but stopped at the end of December. Now BET will air a marathon on Saturday, March 2 from 8am-6pm ET. It will also air an episode on Sunday, March 3 at 10:30am. Now the question is will the series join the regular BET (or sister network Centric) schedule? As of now, we don't know just yet, but as soon as we know, we will let you know! BET currently airs Moesha, The Parkers, My Wife & Kids and The Jamie Foxx Show regularly, while sister network Centric has even more series: Miami Vice, New York Undercover, Bernie Mac, Everybody Hates Chris, Girlfriends, Steve Harvey Show, Wayans Bros., Cosby Show and In Living Color. And Centric also airs 227 and The A-Team, but are not currently on the regular schedule.
We could certainly see Family Matters fitting in nicely on either BET or Centric, but for now it is just a marathon on BET on March 2. Keep it right here and we'll let you know if Steve Urkel and the Winslows join the regular line-up! But if you can't wait any longer and need your Urkel fix, don't forget to order Family Matters Season 3 on DVD today! "Did I Do That?"
COZI TV, the new network developed by the NBC Owned Stations division of NBCUniversal, announced that Being Mandela, a new reality television show starring Nelson and Winnie Mandela's granddaughters, will premiere on Sunday, February 10 at 9 PM ET (re-airs at midnight ET). This 30-minute weekly show exclusively on COZI TV will follow the next generation of this unique South African family through the experiences of sisters Zaziwe Dlamini-Manaway and Swati Dlamini, giving viewers a window into their daily lives, close knit family, conflicts and personal aspirations. The series will join a mix of movies and LX programming on Sunday nights, while on weekdays COZI TV airs classic TV series such as Highway to Heaven, Charlie's Angels, Six Million Dollar Man and Magnum P.I. And currently COZI TV subscribes to ratings in New York and Chicago and the ratings have been solid and up big over the previous year when the affiliates aired Non Stop programming.
COZI TV is currently available to nearly 38 million homes in the largest markets in the country, including the 10 NBC Owned Stations in New York (WNBC), Los Angeles (KNBC), Chicago (WMAQ), Philadelphia (WCAU), San Francisco Bay Area (KNTV), Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS), Washington, D.C. (WRC), Miami-Fort Lauderdale (WTVJ), San Diego (KNSD) and Connecticut (WVIT), among many other stations.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.