Thursday, February 07, 2013
This March, BET is saying that family does matter by airing a marathon of Family Matters on Saturday, March 2, 2013. The hit '90s sitcom has aired in marathons on BET before but this is the first one in quite some time and it comes after Viacom sibling Nick at Nite stopped airing it regularly again. Nick at Nite was airing the series every morning at approx. 5:30am but stopped at the end of December. Now BET will air a marathon on Saturday, March 2 from 8am-6pm ET. It will also air an episode on Sunday, March 3 at 10:30am. Now the question is will the series join the regular BET (or sister network Centric) schedule? As of now, we don't know just yet, but as soon as we know, we will let you know! BET currently airs Moesha, The Parkers, My Wife & Kids and The Jamie Foxx Show regularly, while sister network Centric has even more series: Miami Vice, New York Undercover, Bernie Mac, Everybody Hates Chris, Girlfriends, Steve Harvey Show, Wayans Bros., Cosby Show and In Living Color. And Centric also airs 227 and The A-Team, but are not currently on the regular schedule.
We could certainly see Family Matters fitting in nicely on either BET or Centric, but for now it is just a marathon on BET on March 2. Keep it right here and we'll let you know if Steve Urkel and the Winslows join the regular line-up! But if you can't wait any longer and need your Urkel fix, don't forget to order Family Matters Season 3 on DVD today! "Did I Do That?"
COZI TV, the new network developed by the NBC Owned Stations division of NBCUniversal, announced that Being Mandela, a new reality television show starring Nelson and Winnie Mandela's granddaughters, will premiere on Sunday, February 10 at 9 PM ET (re-airs at midnight ET). This 30-minute weekly show exclusively on COZI TV will follow the next generation of this unique South African family through the experiences of sisters Zaziwe Dlamini-Manaway and Swati Dlamini, giving viewers a window into their daily lives, close knit family, conflicts and personal aspirations. The series will join a mix of movies and LX programming on Sunday nights, while on weekdays COZI TV airs classic TV series such as Highway to Heaven, Charlie's Angels, Six Million Dollar Man and Magnum P.I. And currently COZI TV subscribes to ratings in New York and Chicago and the ratings have been solid and up big over the previous year when the affiliates aired Non Stop programming.
COZI TV is currently available to nearly 38 million homes in the largest markets in the country, including the 10 NBC Owned Stations in New York (WNBC), Los Angeles (KNBC), Chicago (WMAQ), Philadelphia (WCAU), San Francisco Bay Area (KNTV), Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS), Washington, D.C. (WRC), Miami-Fort Lauderdale (WTVJ), San Diego (KNSD) and Connecticut (WVIT), among many other stations.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.