Thursday, February 07, 2013
This March, BET is saying that family does matter by airing a marathon of Family Matters on Saturday, March 2, 2013. The hit '90s sitcom has aired in marathons on BET before but this is the first one in quite some time and it comes after Viacom sibling Nick at Nite stopped airing it regularly again. Nick at Nite was airing the series every morning at approx. 5:30am but stopped at the end of December. Now BET will air a marathon on Saturday, March 2 from 8am-6pm ET. It will also air an episode on Sunday, March 3 at 10:30am. Now the question is will the series join the regular BET (or sister network Centric) schedule? As of now, we don't know just yet, but as soon as we know, we will let you know! BET currently airs Moesha, The Parkers, My Wife & Kids and The Jamie Foxx Show regularly, while sister network Centric has even more series: Miami Vice, New York Undercover, Bernie Mac, Everybody Hates Chris, Girlfriends, Steve Harvey Show, Wayans Bros., Cosby Show and In Living Color. And Centric also airs 227 and The A-Team, but are not currently on the regular schedule.
We could certainly see Family Matters fitting in nicely on either BET or Centric, but for now it is just a marathon on BET on March 2. Keep it right here and we'll let you know if Steve Urkel and the Winslows join the regular line-up! But if you can't wait any longer and need your Urkel fix, don't forget to order Family Matters Season 3 on DVD today! "Did I Do That?"
COZI TV, the new network developed by the NBC Owned Stations division of NBCUniversal, announced that Being Mandela, a new reality television show starring Nelson and Winnie Mandela's granddaughters, will premiere on Sunday, February 10 at 9 PM ET (re-airs at midnight ET). This 30-minute weekly show exclusively on COZI TV will follow the next generation of this unique South African family through the experiences of sisters Zaziwe Dlamini-Manaway and Swati Dlamini, giving viewers a window into their daily lives, close knit family, conflicts and personal aspirations. The series will join a mix of movies and LX programming on Sunday nights, while on weekdays COZI TV airs classic TV series such as Highway to Heaven, Charlie's Angels, Six Million Dollar Man and Magnum P.I. And currently COZI TV subscribes to ratings in New York and Chicago and the ratings have been solid and up big over the previous year when the affiliates aired Non Stop programming.
COZI TV is currently available to nearly 38 million homes in the largest markets in the country, including the 10 NBC Owned Stations in New York (WNBC), Los Angeles (KNBC), Chicago (WMAQ), Philadelphia (WCAU), San Francisco Bay Area (KNTV), Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS), Washington, D.C. (WRC), Miami-Fort Lauderdale (WTVJ), San Diego (KNSD) and Connecticut (WVIT), among many other stations.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.