Thursday, January 03, 2013
TV Land February 2013 Schedule with Curb Your Enthusiasm, TV Land Original Scheduling Update; New Species Get Named After Sitcom Catchphrase from The Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper
Some years back we mentioned that TV Guide Network and TV Land had acquired reruns of HBO comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm, now we have news on when it will air on TV Land! But first as a recap, TV Guide Network had the first window to air the series (since Feb. 2010) and then TV Land would have the second window beginning in Feb. 2013. Well, now it's time for that second window as the series heads to TV Land this February! The comedy has not been a success in syndication with it not doing well in the ratings on TV Guide Network, WGN American and local broadcast stations. In fact, the latter two both dropped the comedy (along with reruns of Entourage) after just once season and TV Guide Network relegated it to late nights before dropping it completely recently.
TV Land will launch the Larry David comedy on Saturday, February 16, 2013 with a three-day President's Weekend marathon. The marathon will air Saturday and Sunday from 11pm-6am and on Monday from 11pm-3am. Then beginning the next night on Feb. 19, the comedy will air every night at 2:00am & 2:30am and in a block on Sundays in the overnight from 2-6am. The series will essentially replace original encores at 1am, as That '70s Show goes from 2-3am to 1-2am. No other schedule changes will be made. Back to Curb, the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning show stars Seinfeld co-creator Larry David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his life. The series has aired for eight seasons and 80 episodes, but it is unclear if there will be a ninth season.
As for TV Land originals, Hot in Cleveland will have its mid-season finale on Wednesday, Feb. 13 and Happily Divorced will have its second season finale on the same night. Reruns of original comedies are expected to air Wednesdays at 10pm until April 3, when TV Land launches new original reality series Forever Young on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 10pm. From the mind of Ashton Kutcher, comes a unique social experiment: what happens when fun-loving, uninhibited twenty-somethings are unknowingly picked to live and work with strong-willed, opinionated seventy-somethings? As they compete in challenges designed to bridge the generation gap, they ultimately learn you don't have to be old to be wise or young to be youthful! The series will air back-to-back episodes for five weeks and will have its finale on Wednesday, May 1. And then the original comedies return with new episodes on Wednesday, June 19 with the (LIVE!) mid-season premiere of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm, the third season premiere of The Exes at 10:30pm and the second season of The Soul Man at a new time of 11pm. No word on a third season of Happily Divorced just yet, but it is likely to get another season. Stay with us for further updates!
He has two Ph.D's and an IQ of 187, he plays "Words with Friends" with Stephen Hawking, and he owns Leonard Nimoy's napkin. The global march to spread the genius of The Big Bang Theory's Dr. Sheldon Cooper just crossed scientific fields, from theoretical physics to evolutionary zoo biology, as a new species of the Brazilian orchid bee — Euglossa bazinga — has been named after Dr. Cooper's zippy catchphrase. Brazilian biologist Andre Nemesio from the Universidade Federal de Uberlandia discovered the new species of beautiful, but misunderstood orchid bee that bears a striking resemblance to the Euglossa ignita, (or more common Western Brazilian orchid bee). Because the bees share so many similar characteristics, their existence as a separate species eluded scientists for years. Hence, the bees' grand "bazinga" on the world of science!
Steven Molaro, one of The Big Bang Theory's executive producers, acknowledged the unprecedented honor on behalf of the show and Dr. Cooper. Now in its sixth season, The Big Bang Theory airs on Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS and returns tonight will all-new episodes. See actual photos of this previously undiscovered species. Bazinga!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.