Thursday, January 03, 2013
TV Land February 2013 Schedule with Curb Your Enthusiasm, TV Land Original Scheduling Update; New Species Get Named After Sitcom Catchphrase from The Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper
Some years back we mentioned that TV Guide Network and TV Land had acquired reruns of HBO comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm, now we have news on when it will air on TV Land! But first as a recap, TV Guide Network had the first window to air the series (since Feb. 2010) and then TV Land would have the second window beginning in Feb. 2013. Well, now it's time for that second window as the series heads to TV Land this February! The comedy has not been a success in syndication with it not doing well in the ratings on TV Guide Network, WGN American and local broadcast stations. In fact, the latter two both dropped the comedy (along with reruns of Entourage) after just once season and TV Guide Network relegated it to late nights before dropping it completely recently.
TV Land will launch the Larry David comedy on Saturday, February 16, 2013 with a three-day President's Weekend marathon. The marathon will air Saturday and Sunday from 11pm-6am and on Monday from 11pm-3am. Then beginning the next night on Feb. 19, the comedy will air every night at 2:00am & 2:30am and in a block on Sundays in the overnight from 2-6am. The series will essentially replace original encores at 1am, as That '70s Show goes from 2-3am to 1-2am. No other schedule changes will be made. Back to Curb, the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning show stars Seinfeld co-creator Larry David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his life. The series has aired for eight seasons and 80 episodes, but it is unclear if there will be a ninth season.
As for TV Land originals, Hot in Cleveland will have its mid-season finale on Wednesday, Feb. 13 and Happily Divorced will have its second season finale on the same night. Reruns of original comedies are expected to air Wednesdays at 10pm until April 3, when TV Land launches new original reality series Forever Young on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 10pm. From the mind of Ashton Kutcher, comes a unique social experiment: what happens when fun-loving, uninhibited twenty-somethings are unknowingly picked to live and work with strong-willed, opinionated seventy-somethings? As they compete in challenges designed to bridge the generation gap, they ultimately learn you don't have to be old to be wise or young to be youthful! The series will air back-to-back episodes for five weeks and will have its finale on Wednesday, May 1. And then the original comedies return with new episodes on Wednesday, June 19 with the (LIVE!) mid-season premiere of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm, the third season premiere of The Exes at 10:30pm and the second season of The Soul Man at a new time of 11pm. No word on a third season of Happily Divorced just yet, but it is likely to get another season. Stay with us for further updates!
He has two Ph.D's and an IQ of 187, he plays "Words with Friends" with Stephen Hawking, and he owns Leonard Nimoy's napkin. The global march to spread the genius of The Big Bang Theory's Dr. Sheldon Cooper just crossed scientific fields, from theoretical physics to evolutionary zoo biology, as a new species of the Brazilian orchid bee — Euglossa bazinga — has been named after Dr. Cooper's zippy catchphrase. Brazilian biologist Andre Nemesio from the Universidade Federal de Uberlandia discovered the new species of beautiful, but misunderstood orchid bee that bears a striking resemblance to the Euglossa ignita, (or more common Western Brazilian orchid bee). Because the bees share so many similar characteristics, their existence as a separate species eluded scientists for years. Hence, the bees' grand "bazinga" on the world of science!
Steven Molaro, one of The Big Bang Theory's executive producers, acknowledged the unprecedented honor on behalf of the show and Dr. Cooper. Now in its sixth season, The Big Bang Theory airs on Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS and returns tonight will all-new episodes. See actual photos of this previously undiscovered species. Bazinga!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.