Thursday, January 03, 2013
TV Land February 2013 Schedule with Curb Your Enthusiasm, TV Land Original Scheduling Update; New Species Get Named After Sitcom Catchphrase from The Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper
Some years back we mentioned that TV Guide Network and TV Land had acquired reruns of HBO comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm, now we have news on when it will air on TV Land! But first as a recap, TV Guide Network had the first window to air the series (since Feb. 2010) and then TV Land would have the second window beginning in Feb. 2013. Well, now it's time for that second window as the series heads to TV Land this February! The comedy has not been a success in syndication with it not doing well in the ratings on TV Guide Network, WGN American and local broadcast stations. In fact, the latter two both dropped the comedy (along with reruns of Entourage) after just once season and TV Guide Network relegated it to late nights before dropping it completely recently.
TV Land will launch the Larry David comedy on Saturday, February 16, 2013 with a three-day President's Weekend marathon. The marathon will air Saturday and Sunday from 11pm-6am and on Monday from 11pm-3am. Then beginning the next night on Feb. 19, the comedy will air every night at 2:00am & 2:30am and in a block on Sundays in the overnight from 2-6am. The series will essentially replace original encores at 1am, as That '70s Show goes from 2-3am to 1-2am. No other schedule changes will be made. Back to Curb, the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning show stars Seinfeld co-creator Larry David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his life. The series has aired for eight seasons and 80 episodes, but it is unclear if there will be a ninth season.
As for TV Land originals, Hot in Cleveland will have its mid-season finale on Wednesday, Feb. 13 and Happily Divorced will have its second season finale on the same night. Reruns of original comedies are expected to air Wednesdays at 10pm until April 3, when TV Land launches new original reality series Forever Young on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 10pm. From the mind of Ashton Kutcher, comes a unique social experiment: what happens when fun-loving, uninhibited twenty-somethings are unknowingly picked to live and work with strong-willed, opinionated seventy-somethings? As they compete in challenges designed to bridge the generation gap, they ultimately learn you don't have to be old to be wise or young to be youthful! The series will air back-to-back episodes for five weeks and will have its finale on Wednesday, May 1. And then the original comedies return with new episodes on Wednesday, June 19 with the (LIVE!) mid-season premiere of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm, the third season premiere of The Exes at 10:30pm and the second season of The Soul Man at a new time of 11pm. No word on a third season of Happily Divorced just yet, but it is likely to get another season. Stay with us for further updates!
He has two Ph.D's and an IQ of 187, he plays "Words with Friends" with Stephen Hawking, and he owns Leonard Nimoy's napkin. The global march to spread the genius of The Big Bang Theory's Dr. Sheldon Cooper just crossed scientific fields, from theoretical physics to evolutionary zoo biology, as a new species of the Brazilian orchid bee — Euglossa bazinga — has been named after Dr. Cooper's zippy catchphrase. Brazilian biologist Andre Nemesio from the Universidade Federal de Uberlandia discovered the new species of beautiful, but misunderstood orchid bee that bears a striking resemblance to the Euglossa ignita, (or more common Western Brazilian orchid bee). Because the bees share so many similar characteristics, their existence as a separate species eluded scientists for years. Hence, the bees' grand "bazinga" on the world of science!
Steven Molaro, one of The Big Bang Theory's executive producers, acknowledged the unprecedented honor on behalf of the show and Dr. Cooper. Now in its sixth season, The Big Bang Theory airs on Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS and returns tonight will all-new episodes. See actual photos of this previously undiscovered species. Bazinga!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.