Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Don't do a double take, yes those pictures are NOT the actual casts of I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Bewitched and Gilligan's Island... but it sure is nicely done! One day the current megeahit comedy Modern Family will become a classic TV staple and the cast recently celebrated classic TV by dressing up as some of the TV's most enduring sitcoms ever! Each member of the main cast is featured in this new photo shoot that features classic sitcoms I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Bewitched and Gilligan's Island. The characters that the cast of Modern Family portray is pretty spot on, as we have Sofia Vergara and Ed O'Neill dressed up as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo from I Love Lucy with Rico Rodriguez as...Little Ricky! Another cast they portrayed was from the hit '60s ABC comedy Bewitched, with Ty Burrell and Julie Bowen as Darrin and Samantha Stephens! Perfect choice! Meanwhile, Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson are posing as... The Honeymooners! Stonestreet is dressed up as Ralph Kramden and Ferguson as Ed Norton. To the moon! Aubrey Anderson-Emmons, who plays their daughter Lily on Modern, is also featured, but we're not sure who she is playing. Maybe it's a homage to The Flintstones as well? Because she sure looks like Pebbles Flintstone in that photo! And finally, the Dunphy kids are portraying characters from Gilligan's Island! Ariel Winter is playing the smart Mary Ann Summers, while Sarah Hyland is "the movie star" Ginger Grant and Nolan Gould as Gilligan himself. But no Skipper, too?
Modern Family returns tonight with all-new episodes to start 2013! Tonight at 9|8c on ABC!
We have news on a new ABC Family movie starring two TV veterans, including a former sitcom star! Muse Entertainment, in association with ABC Family, will begin production this week on the new original Thanksgiving movie Home Again (working title). Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) and Cameron Mathison (All My Children) will star in the movie, which is set to premiere as part of the network's annual "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" programming event in November 2013. Also cast in the movie is Mary Kay Place (The West Wing). In the movie, Melody (Garth), a high powered corporate workaholic for a retail conglomerate, is happy to spend the holidays jet-setting with her girlfriends. However, she's in for an unpleasant surprise when her boss sends her to her sleepy hometown to convince the reluctant townspeople to allow them to build a new discount store. Now, forced to reconnect with her family and her childhood sweetheart Carter (Mathison), her task is not so simple, as all are vehemently opposed to everything Melody’s company stands for. Desperate to get out of town and back to her "real" life, Melody takes a spill and wakes up in an alternate universe where she never left home and is married to Carter! Once determined to leave her small town life behind, Melody must make sense of her new life and decide if you truly can go home again.
We'll be back tomorrow to cover our continued coverage from the TCA Winter 2013 press tour as ABC starts their portion! Stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.