Friday, December 21, 2012
TBS January 2013 Schedule with Rules of Engagement; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 24, 2012)
Sony Pictures Television has sold the cable syndication rights to the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement to Turner Broadcasting's TBS. The series is currently airing in broadcast syndication in 96% of the country on leading stations in major markets including New York (Tribune), Los Angeles (KCAL9/CBS) and Chicago (WCIU-TV/Weigel). The series will join the TBS schedule on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 airing weekdays at 2:00pm & 2:30pm and also Saturday mornings at 11:00am & 11:30am. As a result, there will be some schedule changes to TBS that will happen either on Jan. 2 or Dec. 31. Among the changes, Home Improvement is being removed from weekdays and will only air weekend mornings from 7-8am, as another My Name is Earl and Fresh Prince will replace it weekdays at 7:30am & 8am. Weekdays from 8:30am-2pm will see timeslot changes, as we have another hour of Fresh Prince at 10:30am & 11am, and According to Jim moving to 12:30pm. Everybody Loves Raymond will be the lead-in (1-2pm) and lead-out (3pm) for Rules of Engagement. In afternoons, Seinfeld at 3:30pm will no longer air, as that airing will move to 6:30pm so Seinfeld will air three in a row from 6:30-8pm. As a result, Friends and King of Queens move up a half-hour.
In primetime, repeats of Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory rule, but an all-new season of Cougar Town of course starts on Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 10pm! The series will get a Big Bang Theory lead-in from 8-10pm and a lead-out at 10:30pm. Cougar Town will encore at 12 midnight as well following Conan. And before the new season premieres, TBS will host a marathon of the last six episodes from season three (from ABC) on Sunday, Jan. 6 from 1pm-4pm. And the one-hour season three finale will again encore on Monday, Jan. 7 at 12 midnight ET/11pm CT. Penny can! Weeknights in late night remain steady, but My Name is Earl is dropped at 2am. And weekends will pretty much be the same but Rules of Engagement is added on Saturdays from 11am-12pm.
View the full TBS January 2013 schedule. No word yet if Cougar Town will start airing seasons 1-3 episodes regularly, but it doesn't seem like it will happen until season four finishes up. Stay with us!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 24-28, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 24, 2012
- Bette Midler (Bette) - Bette chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jami Gertz (The Neighbors/Still Standing/Square Pegs) - Jami joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break!) - Joey bakes gingerbread men cookies on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Katie Aselton (The League) - Katie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon talks about his career on a repeat of The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinksi (The Office) - Watch John on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jim Parsons (The Bing Bang Theory) - Jim appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Richard Lewis (Anything But Love) - Tune in to see Richard on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter chats on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland) - Valerie appears on NBC's Today between 10-11am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Vicki Lawrence (Mama's Family) - Vicki is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Martin Freeman (The Office (UK) ) - Martin appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Champs/Hiller and Diller) - Tune in to see Kevin on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon is a guest on a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa Peterman (Baby Daddy/Reba) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Watch Mindy on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) - Miranda is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Tune in to see Miley on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia and her daughter, Condola, join the Chew Crew on a repeat of The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke guest co-hosts a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Vicki Lawrence (Mama's Family) - Vicki and Tim Conway are guests on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
SITCOMS AIRING TONIGHT (June 19)
SITCOMS AIRING TONIGHT (June 19)
The Middle - "The Name" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie's sister, Janet (Molly Shannon), comes to the rescue and offers to help run the Heck household while Frankie studies for her dental assisting school finals. But the sheer amount of disorganization in the house throws perfectionist Janet for a loop. Meanwhile, when Cassidy's ex-boyfriend pays an unexpected visit from college, Axl tries to take the high road and not act like a jealous boyfriend; and Sue wants to legally change her middle name -- which is also Sue -- in order to have a normal name on her driver's license.
Family Tools - "The Big Event" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Jack and Darren get locked in a room at a client's house, their bickering reveals the underlying reasons for their continuous conflict. At home, Jack and Darren's unexplained absence has a ripple effect on Terry, Tony, Mason and Stitch as they prepare for the annual Mapleport Classic Car Parade.
Modern Family - "Open House of Horrors" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Claire has overdone it in Halloweens past and the neighbors definitely don't share her enthusiasm, so this year she's being forced to tone it down and keep it "kid-friendly," and Phil has an idea to hold an open house on Halloween night. Meanwhile, Mitch and Cam host a costume party while contending with Lily wondering who her real mom is, and Gloria's pregnancy hormones are on overdrive, making her even more hotheaded than usual.
How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) - "How to Help the Needy" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Polly is a hit at Elaine's birthday lunch, Elaine is left feeling uninteresting, so Polly gets her an audition for a movie to boost her ego. But Polly soon realizes she's fallen into an old pattern of putting her mother's dream before her own.
Melissa & Joey - "Oh Brother" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Joe thinks Mel may be related to one of her childhood friends; Lennox learns that her blog sponsor uses unfair labor practices.
Baby Daddy - "The Slump" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Danny meets with a psychologist to learn why his hockey game is suffering; Riley avoids Fitch in the hope that Danny will make a move; Ben's latest fling competes with Tucker for a promotion.
Hot in Cleveland - "It's Alive!" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Elka and Mamie's illegal business activities endanger the group; a local mobster and his mother offer help.
The Exes - "Toy Story" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The guys try to fix Holly's vibrator before she finds out they have broken it.