Friday, December 21, 2012
TBS January 2013 Schedule with Rules of Engagement; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 24, 2012)
Sony Pictures Television has sold the cable syndication rights to the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement to Turner Broadcasting's TBS. The series is currently airing in broadcast syndication in 96% of the country on leading stations in major markets including New York (Tribune), Los Angeles (KCAL9/CBS) and Chicago (WCIU-TV/Weigel). The series will join the TBS schedule on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 airing weekdays at 2:00pm & 2:30pm and also Saturday mornings at 11:00am & 11:30am. As a result, there will be some schedule changes to TBS that will happen either on Jan. 2 or Dec. 31. Among the changes, Home Improvement is being removed from weekdays and will only air weekend mornings from 7-8am, as another My Name is Earl and Fresh Prince will replace it weekdays at 7:30am & 8am. Weekdays from 8:30am-2pm will see timeslot changes, as we have another hour of Fresh Prince at 10:30am & 11am, and According to Jim moving to 12:30pm. Everybody Loves Raymond will be the lead-in (1-2pm) and lead-out (3pm) for Rules of Engagement. In afternoons, Seinfeld at 3:30pm will no longer air, as that airing will move to 6:30pm so Seinfeld will air three in a row from 6:30-8pm. As a result, Friends and King of Queens move up a half-hour.
In primetime, repeats of Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory rule, but an all-new season of Cougar Town of course starts on Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 10pm! The series will get a Big Bang Theory lead-in from 8-10pm and a lead-out at 10:30pm. Cougar Town will encore at 12 midnight as well following Conan. And before the new season premieres, TBS will host a marathon of the last six episodes from season three (from ABC) on Sunday, Jan. 6 from 1pm-4pm. And the one-hour season three finale will again encore on Monday, Jan. 7 at 12 midnight ET/11pm CT. Penny can! Weeknights in late night remain steady, but My Name is Earl is dropped at 2am. And weekends will pretty much be the same but Rules of Engagement is added on Saturdays from 11am-12pm.
View the full TBS January 2013 schedule. No word yet if Cougar Town will start airing seasons 1-3 episodes regularly, but it doesn't seem like it will happen until season four finishes up. Stay with us!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 24-28, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 24, 2012
- Bette Midler (Bette) - Bette chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jami Gertz (The Neighbors/Still Standing/Square Pegs) - Jami joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break!) - Joey bakes gingerbread men cookies on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Katie Aselton (The League) - Katie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon talks about his career on a repeat of The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinksi (The Office) - Watch John on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jim Parsons (The Bing Bang Theory) - Jim appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Richard Lewis (Anything But Love) - Tune in to see Richard on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter chats on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland) - Valerie appears on NBC's Today between 10-11am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Vicki Lawrence (Mama's Family) - Vicki is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Martin Freeman (The Office (UK) ) - Martin appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Champs/Hiller and Diller) - Tune in to see Kevin on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon is a guest on a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa Peterman (Baby Daddy/Reba) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Watch Mindy on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) - Miranda is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Tune in to see Miley on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia and her daughter, Condola, join the Chew Crew on a repeat of The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke guest co-hosts a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Vicki Lawrence (Mama's Family) - Vicki and Tim Conway are guests on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
The Middle - "Stormy Moon" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Frankie is gobsmacked when she is handcuffed, arrested and taken to the police station. But when she discovers that her arrest was over an unreturned library book, she sets her sights on the only person she suspects to be the real guilty party - Brick. Meanwhile, Sue doesn't know how to express her feelings of disdain to Reverend TimTom over his new partner and girlfriend, Reverend Tammy (Casey Wilson, “Happy Endings”), and Axl and Cassidy reunite during Spring Break but find themselves mostly kissing and not talking to one another.
Suburgatory - "I'm Just Not Into Me" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Tessa drags Malik and Lisa to a college party, she meets a male version of herself and becomes enamored. They see eye-to-eye on everything and it’s almost the perfect relationship. Meanwhile, Dallas enlists a matchmaker to set her and Dalia up, but the matchmaker convinces Dallas to date herself and she decides to get back to basics with a new look.
Modern Family - "Other People's Children" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s male-bonding day when Jay takes Luke into the garage to show him the way around tools and impart some manly wisdom, and Gloria goes with Claire and Lily to shop for Lily’s flower girl dress. Elsewhere, Mitch, Cam, Alex and Manny go for a cultured day at the museum but it eventually becomes survival of the smartest. And Phil enthusiastically offers to help Andy with his anniversary gift to his girlfriend, which is an elaborate video expression of his love.
Mixology - "Bruce & Jessica" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bruce is as abrasive as they come and when he sets his eyes on Jessica, a single mom from New Jersey, he thinks she’s easy prey. He’s very quickly rejected, but he ignores Tom and Cal’s advice to abort the mission and he continues to pursue her. Meanwhile, Liv decides to indulge her curiosity with Ron, but that leads to some unexpected trouble.
Men at Work - "Jude Awakening" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Tyler attempts to ask Jude out on a date, but her past gets in the way. Worried that Gibbs is bottling up his emotions, Milo tries to get him to cry. The big source of Neal's sexual anxiety is revealed.
Men at Work - "Odd Milo Out" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler and Jude try to keep their new relationship a secret. Milo, already feeling left out since quitting Full Steam, has his traditional movie night taken away from him. Gibbs is hurt when Neal finds a new apartment. PJ tells a paranoid Myron to expect big changes in the office.
Melissa & Joey - "To Tell the Truth" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mel and Joe's friendship with another couple is jeopardized when a secret is revealed; Zander comes to Ryder for help after he flunks out of art school.
Baby Daddy - "A Knight to Remember" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tucker tries to hide the fact that he's not a lawyer when his father arrives for an unexpected visit; Riley develops a crush on a British stranger; a trip to a Renaissance fair leads to subway shenanigans.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Permission Granted" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Philip asks Danny for permission to take his mother on a date.
Wednesday, March 12
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Watch Krysten on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy talks about the new season of Cougar Town on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie will be a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Dave visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Kevin Bigley and Jessica McNamee (Sirens) - The cast of Sirens will be guests on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) - Atticus appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori will be on Morning Joe on MSNBC between 6-9am.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wilmer Valderamma (That '70s Show) - Wilmer stops by Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.