Friday, December 21, 2012
TBS January 2013 Schedule with Rules of Engagement; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 24, 2012)
Sony Pictures Television has sold the cable syndication rights to the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement to Turner Broadcasting's TBS. The series is currently airing in broadcast syndication in 96% of the country on leading stations in major markets including New York (Tribune), Los Angeles (KCAL9/CBS) and Chicago (WCIU-TV/Weigel). The series will join the TBS schedule on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 airing weekdays at 2:00pm & 2:30pm and also Saturday mornings at 11:00am & 11:30am. As a result, there will be some schedule changes to TBS that will happen either on Jan. 2 or Dec. 31. Among the changes, Home Improvement is being removed from weekdays and will only air weekend mornings from 7-8am, as another My Name is Earl and Fresh Prince will replace it weekdays at 7:30am & 8am. Weekdays from 8:30am-2pm will see timeslot changes, as we have another hour of Fresh Prince at 10:30am & 11am, and According to Jim moving to 12:30pm. Everybody Loves Raymond will be the lead-in (1-2pm) and lead-out (3pm) for Rules of Engagement. In afternoons, Seinfeld at 3:30pm will no longer air, as that airing will move to 6:30pm so Seinfeld will air three in a row from 6:30-8pm. As a result, Friends and King of Queens move up a half-hour.
In primetime, repeats of Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory rule, but an all-new season of Cougar Town of course starts on Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 10pm! The series will get a Big Bang Theory lead-in from 8-10pm and a lead-out at 10:30pm. Cougar Town will encore at 12 midnight as well following Conan. And before the new season premieres, TBS will host a marathon of the last six episodes from season three (from ABC) on Sunday, Jan. 6 from 1pm-4pm. And the one-hour season three finale will again encore on Monday, Jan. 7 at 12 midnight ET/11pm CT. Penny can! Weeknights in late night remain steady, but My Name is Earl is dropped at 2am. And weekends will pretty much be the same but Rules of Engagement is added on Saturdays from 11am-12pm.
View the full TBS January 2013 schedule. No word yet if Cougar Town will start airing seasons 1-3 episodes regularly, but it doesn't seem like it will happen until season four finishes up. Stay with us!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of December 24-28, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 24, 2012
- Bette Midler (Bette) - Bette chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jami Gertz (The Neighbors/Still Standing/Square Pegs) - Jami joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break!) - Joey bakes gingerbread men cookies on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Katie Aselton (The League) - Katie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon talks about his career on a repeat of The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinksi (The Office) - Watch John on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jim Parsons (The Bing Bang Theory) - Jim appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Richard Lewis (Anything But Love) - Tune in to see Richard on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter chats on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland) - Valerie appears on NBC's Today between 10-11am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Vicki Lawrence (Mama's Family) - Vicki is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Martin Freeman (The Office (UK) ) - Martin appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Champs/Hiller and Diller) - Tune in to see Kevin on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon is a guest on a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa Peterman (Baby Daddy/Reba) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Watch Mindy on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) - Miranda is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Tune in to see Miley on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia and her daughter, Condola, join the Chew Crew on a repeat of The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke guest co-hosts a repeat of Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Vicki Lawrence (Mama's Family) - Vicki and Tim Conway are guests on a repeat of Marie at 12pm on Hallmark Channel.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.