Thursday, December 20, 2012
Antenna TV January 2013 Schedule with Diff'rent Strokes; Baby Daddy Lines-Up Guest Stars for Season 2
We told you about Antenna TV acquiring Diff'rent Strokes for January 2013, now we have the full January 2013 schedule! The new line-up will start on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 and will have Diff'rent Strokes air every Monday and Wednesday in primetime from 9-11pm and Sundays from 10-11pm, but we knew that from last time. Going through the new winter 2013 schedule, Antenna TV will make time changes from 11am-9pm on weekdays. The most notable change is that Three's Company will be on hiatus for now (which we mentioned last time as well) and it will last air for now after its Dec. 27 airing (well currently the rotation is in Three's a Crowd, so that will air). In primetime, All in the Family will kick it off in the 8pm hour but from 9-11pm we now have a two-hour block of sitcoms every weekday. Diff'rent Strokes is Mondays and Wednesdays, WKRP in Cincinnati on Tuesdays, Barney Miller on Thursdays and Good Times on Fridays. All of those shows will have other airings during the week, except WKRP. We have Barney Miller on Sundays from 8-9pm, Good Times weekdays 5-6pm and Diff'rent Strokes Sundays 10-11pm. Back to weeknights, 11pm-3am will now be black & white series such as Leave it to Beaver, Alfred Hitchock Presents, Burns & Allen and Jack Benny.
On Saturdays, Circus Boy returns to the schedule and will air Saturdays from 9-10am, replacing Totally Tooned In, which is now gone. More timeslot changes will occur from 1-4pm, while S.W.A.T. returns to the schedule at 4pm. It Takes a Thief moves out of primetime into the 5pm hour, leading into to an hour each of Adam-12 and Dragnet. Saturday nights will now be movie night as Antenna TV Theater tales over primetime from 8pm-4am. Early in the morning we will see the return of Here Come the Brides at 4am. Three Stooges and Benny Hill are no longer on the regular schedule, as they will be off of the late night Saturday line-up. Moving on to Sundays, Adventures of Rin Tin Tin is also back, airing Sunday from 9-10am leading into the Sunday black & white sitcoms from 10am-1pm. From 1pm-4pm we have the same schedule as Saturday leading into Suspense Theater at 4pm, then from 5-8pm also has the same schedule of shows as Saturdays. In Sunday primetime, Barney Miller remains from 8-9pm, but now Maude will air from 9-10pm into new addition Diff'rent Strokes at 10. That's a two-hour Conrad Bain block replacing WKRP, which is moving to Thursdays. Benson slides to 11pm-12am, as its parent show Soap is off the schedule completely. And finally from 12am-4am we have more black & white series like Leave it to Beaver, all leading into the encore of Suspense Theater at 4am.
View the FULL Antenna TV Winter 2013 schedule, so you can see where ALL of your favorite shows are. We hope to see Three's Company back from its rest soon, as it is one of their top rated shows and it is the most aired show on the network.
ABC Family has cast Lacey Chabert (Party of Five) and Grace Phipps (The Nine Lives of Chloe King) to guest star on the second season of original comedy series Baby Daddy, which will return with new episodes in Spring 2013. We will have an exact date very soon! Chabert will guest star in two episodes as Dr. Amy Shaw, a sports psychologist who begins working with Danny (Derek Theler) when he experiences a hockey slump. Before long, Danny decides he would rather pursue a romantic relationship with Amy, rather than a professional one. Phipps will portray Megan, the assistant manager of a neighborhood daycare who catches Ben's (Jean-Luc Bilodeau) eye when he tries to drop off Emma. Though Megan is initially not interested with Ben, believing he and Tucker (Tahj Mowry) to be a couple, he soon changes her mind. Phipps is currently set for two episodes, with the possibility of more.
The series stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Kyle XY), Derek Theler (90210), Tahj Mowry (Smart Guy) with Melissa Peterman (Reba) and Chelsea Kane (Dancing with the Stars). Baby Daddy is created and executive produced by Dan Berendsen (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch). Baby Daddy is a multi-camera comedy that shoots in front of a live studio audience in Los Angeles.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, June 1
Modern Family - "Playdates" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Claire and Phil have dinner plans with this great couple they met on vacation; the only problem is they never pick up the bill, so Claire insists Phil be strong this time and make them pay. Gloria organizes a playdate with a couple that appears to have a lot in common with them – they also have a young son Joe’s age, but the husband is in his eighties and Jay takes it very personally. Elsewhere, Haley, Alex and Luke are surprised when Uncle Mitchell comes over to cash in on the birthday coupon they gave him for a belated celebration, so they scramble and end up on an impromptu tour of celebrity homes.
The Goldbergs - "Edward "Eddie the Eagle" Edwards" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Barry sees underdog Eddie the Eagle in the Olympics, he decides to popularize Ball Ball in order to gain respect at school. Meanwhile, Beverly catches wind that Murray’s store sales are down and intervenes by selling the latest furniture craze.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Hawaii" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi and a fellow traveler pose as newlyweds at a couples-only resort in Hawaii.
Baby Daddy - "Trial by Liar" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley puts Danny on trial for breaking her heart after she discovers he once hooked up with Sam.
Lopez - "George Needs Vegas" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George's frustrations keep mounting due to troubles with the communities at both his Beverly Hills and San Fernando properties. He needs to get away from it all.
The Soul Man - "White Trash" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
With everyone blaming Boyce for the garbage strike, he is determined to put an end to it with or without Mayor Saxby's help. Alicia has a surprising offer for Stamps, and Barton is stretching himself too thin.
Schitt's Creek - "Happy Anniversary" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny and Moira see a couple they knew in a past life; Alexis and David go to Mutt's annual barn party.
Wednesday, June 1
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Watch Bryan on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He discusses his new film Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota appears on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) and Danny Masterson (The Ranch/That '70s Show) - Ashton and Danny are guests on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony appears on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of The Big Bang Theory - Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Mackenzie reveals why we’re all one prescription away from being hooked on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- The Monkees - The Monkees perform on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura is a guest on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:22am. She talks about her acting and singing careers on the AOL Build Show at 3:30pm.
- Billy Ray Cyrus (Still the King) - Billy Ray talks about Still the King on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.