Thursday, December 20, 2012
Antenna TV January 2013 Schedule with Diff'rent Strokes; Baby Daddy Lines-Up Guest Stars for Season 2
We told you about Antenna TV acquiring Diff'rent Strokes for January 2013, now we have the full January 2013 schedule! The new line-up will start on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 and will have Diff'rent Strokes air every Monday and Wednesday in primetime from 9-11pm and Sundays from 10-11pm, but we knew that from last time. Going through the new winter 2013 schedule, Antenna TV will make time changes from 11am-9pm on weekdays. The most notable change is that Three's Company will be on hiatus for now (which we mentioned last time as well) and it will last air for now after its Dec. 27 airing (well currently the rotation is in Three's a Crowd, so that will air). In primetime, All in the Family will kick it off in the 8pm hour but from 9-11pm we now have a two-hour block of sitcoms every weekday. Diff'rent Strokes is Mondays and Wednesdays, WKRP in Cincinnati on Tuesdays, Barney Miller on Thursdays and Good Times on Fridays. All of those shows will have other airings during the week, except WKRP. We have Barney Miller on Sundays from 8-9pm, Good Times weekdays 5-6pm and Diff'rent Strokes Sundays 10-11pm. Back to weeknights, 11pm-3am will now be black & white series such as Leave it to Beaver, Alfred Hitchock Presents, Burns & Allen and Jack Benny.
On Saturdays, Circus Boy returns to the schedule and will air Saturdays from 9-10am, replacing Totally Tooned In, which is now gone. More timeslot changes will occur from 1-4pm, while S.W.A.T. returns to the schedule at 4pm. It Takes a Thief moves out of primetime into the 5pm hour, leading into to an hour each of Adam-12 and Dragnet. Saturday nights will now be movie night as Antenna TV Theater tales over primetime from 8pm-4am. Early in the morning we will see the return of Here Come the Brides at 4am. Three Stooges and Benny Hill are no longer on the regular schedule, as they will be off of the late night Saturday line-up. Moving on to Sundays, Adventures of Rin Tin Tin is also back, airing Sunday from 9-10am leading into the Sunday black & white sitcoms from 10am-1pm. From 1pm-4pm we have the same schedule as Saturday leading into Suspense Theater at 4pm, then from 5-8pm also has the same schedule of shows as Saturdays. In Sunday primetime, Barney Miller remains from 8-9pm, but now Maude will air from 9-10pm into new addition Diff'rent Strokes at 10. That's a two-hour Conrad Bain block replacing WKRP, which is moving to Thursdays. Benson slides to 11pm-12am, as its parent show Soap is off the schedule completely. And finally from 12am-4am we have more black & white series like Leave it to Beaver, all leading into the encore of Suspense Theater at 4am.
View the FULL Antenna TV Winter 2013 schedule, so you can see where ALL of your favorite shows are. We hope to see Three's Company back from its rest soon, as it is one of their top rated shows and it is the most aired show on the network.
ABC Family has cast Lacey Chabert (Party of Five) and Grace Phipps (The Nine Lives of Chloe King) to guest star on the second season of original comedy series Baby Daddy, which will return with new episodes in Spring 2013. We will have an exact date very soon! Chabert will guest star in two episodes as Dr. Amy Shaw, a sports psychologist who begins working with Danny (Derek Theler) when he experiences a hockey slump. Before long, Danny decides he would rather pursue a romantic relationship with Amy, rather than a professional one. Phipps will portray Megan, the assistant manager of a neighborhood daycare who catches Ben's (Jean-Luc Bilodeau) eye when he tries to drop off Emma. Though Megan is initially not interested with Ben, believing he and Tucker (Tahj Mowry) to be a couple, he soon changes her mind. Phipps is currently set for two episodes, with the possibility of more.
The series stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Kyle XY), Derek Theler (90210), Tahj Mowry (Smart Guy) with Melissa Peterman (Reba) and Chelsea Kane (Dancing with the Stars). Baby Daddy is created and executive produced by Dan Berendsen (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch). Baby Daddy is a multi-camera comedy that shoots in front of a live studio audience in Los Angeles.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 26
Bunk'd - "Zuri Weasels Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Hazel makes Zuri a counselor in training in the weasel cabin, much to Hazel's dismay; Jorge and Griff tell Ravi that the camp's horse has a secret talent.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Bear" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's a state of emergency in the Matthews household when Riley's childhood teddy bear, Barry, is missing; Riley gathers a search party.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Love Thy Privacy" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A heated discussion with Danny's family brings Troy to her limit.
Friday, August 26
- Jeff Foxworthy (The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Watch Jeff on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also appears live in studio to discuss his new comedy show on People Now at 8:30am. He is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell (On Our Own) - Jurnee appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings. She teams with Mario Batali to dish up Blackened Spicy Garlic Salmon on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Sutton Foster (Younger) - Hilary and Sutton are guests on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy guest co-hosts a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinski (The Office) and Margo Martindale (The Millers) - John and Margo talk about The Hollars on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Margo will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.