Monday, December 03, 2012
30 Rock Series Finale on Jan. 31, NBC Alters Thursday/Fridays in Mid-season 2013; Donald Faison Hosts TBS Show
It's time for 30 Rock to say goodbye. The critically acclaimed but ratings challenged comedy will end after its seventh season order of 13 episodes is complete on Jan. 31. Community returns the following week on Feb. 7. In addition, NBC will premiere the new drama Do No Harm on the same night on Thursday, January 31 at 10pm ET following the hour-long series finale of the Emmy Award-winning 30 Rock (8-9pm ET) earlier that same night. The new drama was announced at upfront for March on Sundays at 10, but NBC has changed their mind. As a result of this change on Thursdays, Rock Center with Brian Williams will move to Fridays beginning February 8 at 10pm ET following Dateline NBC, which moves to an earlier slot of 9pm ET. Grimm will return to the schedule on Friday, March 8 at 9pm ET after taking February off. No word on what will happen to Dateline NBC starting March 8, as Rock Center with Brian Williams will be airing in the 10pm hour from Feb. 8 to May 31. Presumably, Dateline will get its annual second slot on Sundays at 7pm beginning Jan. 6. New drama Do No Harm has 12 episodes and will run through April 11. No words on what will air Thursdays at 10 starting April 18.
Read the previous NBC mid-season schedule update. Still no premiere dates have yet to be announced for the Anne Heche comedy Save Me, the mutli-camera premiere for Up All Night, or the new drama Hannibal. Also, returning reality entry Fashion Star still has not been scheduled, as during upfront it was slated to return in March airing Sundays 8-9pm, but NBC changed their mind and will air two-hour episodes of new reality entry Ready for Love from 8-10pm leading into Celebrity Apprentice at 10. Stay with us for any updates and also details on the 30 Rock series finale.
Donald Faison (Scrubs, The Exes) is coming to TBS as host of Who Gets the Last Laugh?, the latest series from Punk'd co-creators Jason Goldberg and Ashton Kutcher. The series will feature some of the most well known comedians and comedy actors in entertainment today competing to pull the most outrageous practical jokes. The lineup includes Andy Dick (Newsradio), Tom Green (The Tom Green Show), D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys), Chris Kattan (The Middle, Saturday Night Live), Bam Margera (Jackass), Bill Bellamy (Any Given Sunday), Charlie Murphy (Chappelle's Show), Cheri Oteri (Saturday Night Live) and Alan Thicke (Growing Pains), among others.
Set to premiere on TBS in spring 2013, Who Gets the Last Laugh? puts a new twist on the comedy format by pitting three comedians against each other in the ultimate hidden camera comedy sketch challenge. The guest comedians must dream up the funniest and most outrageous sketches possible and then successfully unleash them on the unsuspecting public. A live audience then determines which comedy star really got the last laugh and wins $10,000 for their charity of choice. Donald currently also stars on the TV Land sitcom The Exes which returns in 2013 with ten more episodes to conclude its 22-episode second season. He is best known to television audiences for his role as Dr. Christopher Turk, which he played for nine years on the hit series Scrubs. He earned five NAACPTM Image Award nominations and won two BET Comedy Awards for his performance on the show. Faison's extensive film credits include Clueless, Something New, Remember the Titans, Waiting to Exhale, King's Ransom, Uptown Girls, Josie and the Pussycats, Can't Hardly Wait, Big Fat Liar and Juice. For television, Faison reprised his role from Clueless for the spinoff television series, co-starred in the acclaimed J.J. Abrams drama Felicity and guest-starred on such series as Party of Five, Sister Sister and New York Undercover. Stay with us for any further updates on this TBS show!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 27
The Simpsons - "Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
The Simpsons - "Gal of Constant Sorrow" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Bart accidentally sends a sweet homeless woman’s cart into the river, he allows her to live in his closet for a small fee. When Lisa discovers that the woman is an incredible folk singer, she offers her own closet and plans a concert, only to be disappointed by Hettie’s surprising substance abuse and violent nature. Meanwhile Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "True Intentions" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela and Leslie are shocked when Jennifer confesses she has been keeping a secret.
Friday, May 27
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Watch Maya on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rashida Jones (Angie Tribeca/Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Angie Tribeca on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy talks about Now You See Me 2 on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years) - Danica talks about the Hallmark Channel original movie Wedding Bells on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie shares a fun flashback from the original Ghostbusters on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sam Waterson (Grace and Frankie) - Sam talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/TWo and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.