Monday, December 03, 2012
30 Rock Series Finale on Jan. 31, NBC Alters Thursday/Fridays in Mid-season 2013; Donald Faison Hosts TBS Show
It's time for 30 Rock to say goodbye. The critically acclaimed but ratings challenged comedy will end after its seventh season order of 13 episodes is complete on Jan. 31. Community returns the following week on Feb. 7. In addition, NBC will premiere the new drama Do No Harm on the same night on Thursday, January 31 at 10pm ET following the hour-long series finale of the Emmy Award-winning 30 Rock (8-9pm ET) earlier that same night. The new drama was announced at upfront for March on Sundays at 10, but NBC has changed their mind. As a result of this change on Thursdays, Rock Center with Brian Williams will move to Fridays beginning February 8 at 10pm ET following Dateline NBC, which moves to an earlier slot of 9pm ET. Grimm will return to the schedule on Friday, March 8 at 9pm ET after taking February off. No word on what will happen to Dateline NBC starting March 8, as Rock Center with Brian Williams will be airing in the 10pm hour from Feb. 8 to May 31. Presumably, Dateline will get its annual second slot on Sundays at 7pm beginning Jan. 6. New drama Do No Harm has 12 episodes and will run through April 11. No words on what will air Thursdays at 10 starting April 18.
Read the previous NBC mid-season schedule update. Still no premiere dates have yet to be announced for the Anne Heche comedy Save Me, the mutli-camera premiere for Up All Night, or the new drama Hannibal. Also, returning reality entry Fashion Star still has not been scheduled, as during upfront it was slated to return in March airing Sundays 8-9pm, but NBC changed their mind and will air two-hour episodes of new reality entry Ready for Love from 8-10pm leading into Celebrity Apprentice at 10. Stay with us for any updates and also details on the 30 Rock series finale.
Donald Faison (Scrubs, The Exes) is coming to TBS as host of Who Gets the Last Laugh?, the latest series from Punk'd co-creators Jason Goldberg and Ashton Kutcher. The series will feature some of the most well known comedians and comedy actors in entertainment today competing to pull the most outrageous practical jokes. The lineup includes Andy Dick (Newsradio), Tom Green (The Tom Green Show), D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys), Chris Kattan (The Middle, Saturday Night Live), Bam Margera (Jackass), Bill Bellamy (Any Given Sunday), Charlie Murphy (Chappelle's Show), Cheri Oteri (Saturday Night Live) and Alan Thicke (Growing Pains), among others.
Set to premiere on TBS in spring 2013, Who Gets the Last Laugh? puts a new twist on the comedy format by pitting three comedians against each other in the ultimate hidden camera comedy sketch challenge. The guest comedians must dream up the funniest and most outrageous sketches possible and then successfully unleash them on the unsuspecting public. A live audience then determines which comedy star really got the last laugh and wins $10,000 for their charity of choice. Donald currently also stars on the TV Land sitcom The Exes which returns in 2013 with ten more episodes to conclude its 22-episode second season. He is best known to television audiences for his role as Dr. Christopher Turk, which he played for nine years on the hit series Scrubs. He earned five NAACPTM Image Award nominations and won two BET Comedy Awards for his performance on the show. Faison's extensive film credits include Clueless, Something New, Remember the Titans, Waiting to Exhale, King's Ransom, Uptown Girls, Josie and the Pussycats, Can't Hardly Wait, Big Fat Liar and Juice. For television, Faison reprised his role from Clueless for the spinoff television series, co-starred in the acclaimed J.J. Abrams drama Felicity and guest-starred on such series as Party of Five, Sister Sister and New York Undercover. Stay with us for any further updates on this TBS show!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, November 23
The Simpsons - "Brick Like Me" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer wakes up in a world where his family and everyone in Springfield are made of Legos. Can he “put together” how he got there, and figure out how to get home before he’s stuck in a world of bricks forever?
Mulaney - "Patriot Acts" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Jane starts dating a marine, John and Motif, feeling guilty for their lack of service, try to sign up for a USO Comedy Tour. Meanwhile, Lou recounts how war – and improv – are hell.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "USPIS" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
While attempting to catch a drug dealer, Jake and Charles reluctantly join forces with the nerdy lead investigator at the U.S. Postal Service, Jack Danger (guest star Ed Helms). Meanwhile, the rest of the team helps Amy quit smoking.
Family Guy - "Grimm Job" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
From Grimm to Griffin, three classic fairy tales get a new Quahog spin, including “Jack and the Beanstalk,” “Little Red Riding Hood,” and “Cinderella.”
Bob's Burgers - "Dawn of the Peck" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
While Bob is boycotting the holiday, Linda and the kids spend Thanksgiving at the First Annual Fischoeder Turk-tacular Turkey Town Festival. However, a wild bird attack leads to total mayhem.
Austin & Ally - "Relationships and Red Carpets" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Austin's record label wants him to hide his relationship with Ally; Dez considers moving to Los Angeles to attend film school and be closer to his girlfriend.
Liv and Maddie - "Hoops-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Liv is offered the lead in a basketball movie; Willow and Maddie help teach her how to play basketball.
Sunday, November 23
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties/Bridget Loves Bernie) - Meredith will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Impprovment) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Ken is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He discusses The Gambler on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Will is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Tune in to see Jennnifer on a repeat of The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke discusses her new book (There Was a Little Girl) on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yara Shahidi (black-ish) - Yara stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) and Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Candace and Marilu will be on the Home & Family Holiday Special on Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET/PT. It repeats at 10am ET/PT on Tuesday. Candace will also be on Arise TV on their website at 3pm and on Centric at 3am on Tuesday. She is a guest on Fox and Friends on Fox News Channel at 8:30am. She will be on HuffPost Live at 1:00pm. Candace's Christmas Under Wraps premieres on November 29 at 8/7C on Hallmark Channel.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori and Dean McDermott talk about their fight to save their marriage on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly will be part of the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Tim Meadows and Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me) - Tim and Dan are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey talks about Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.