Monday, December 03, 2012
30 Rock Series Finale on Jan. 31, NBC Alters Thursday/Fridays in Mid-season 2013; Donald Faison Hosts TBS Show
It's time for 30 Rock to say goodbye. The critically acclaimed but ratings challenged comedy will end after its seventh season order of 13 episodes is complete on Jan. 31. Community returns the following week on Feb. 7. In addition, NBC will premiere the new drama Do No Harm on the same night on Thursday, January 31 at 10pm ET following the hour-long series finale of the Emmy Award-winning 30 Rock (8-9pm ET) earlier that same night. The new drama was announced at upfront for March on Sundays at 10, but NBC has changed their mind. As a result of this change on Thursdays, Rock Center with Brian Williams will move to Fridays beginning February 8 at 10pm ET following Dateline NBC, which moves to an earlier slot of 9pm ET. Grimm will return to the schedule on Friday, March 8 at 9pm ET after taking February off. No word on what will happen to Dateline NBC starting March 8, as Rock Center with Brian Williams will be airing in the 10pm hour from Feb. 8 to May 31. Presumably, Dateline will get its annual second slot on Sundays at 7pm beginning Jan. 6. New drama Do No Harm has 12 episodes and will run through April 11. No words on what will air Thursdays at 10 starting April 18.
Read the previous NBC mid-season schedule update. Still no premiere dates have yet to be announced for the Anne Heche comedy Save Me, the mutli-camera premiere for Up All Night, or the new drama Hannibal. Also, returning reality entry Fashion Star still has not been scheduled, as during upfront it was slated to return in March airing Sundays 8-9pm, but NBC changed their mind and will air two-hour episodes of new reality entry Ready for Love from 8-10pm leading into Celebrity Apprentice at 10. Stay with us for any updates and also details on the 30 Rock series finale.
Donald Faison (Scrubs, The Exes) is coming to TBS as host of Who Gets the Last Laugh?, the latest series from Punk'd co-creators Jason Goldberg and Ashton Kutcher. The series will feature some of the most well known comedians and comedy actors in entertainment today competing to pull the most outrageous practical jokes. The lineup includes Andy Dick (Newsradio), Tom Green (The Tom Green Show), D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys), Chris Kattan (The Middle, Saturday Night Live), Bam Margera (Jackass), Bill Bellamy (Any Given Sunday), Charlie Murphy (Chappelle's Show), Cheri Oteri (Saturday Night Live) and Alan Thicke (Growing Pains), among others.
Set to premiere on TBS in spring 2013, Who Gets the Last Laugh? puts a new twist on the comedy format by pitting three comedians against each other in the ultimate hidden camera comedy sketch challenge. The guest comedians must dream up the funniest and most outrageous sketches possible and then successfully unleash them on the unsuspecting public. A live audience then determines which comedy star really got the last laugh and wins $10,000 for their charity of choice. Donald currently also stars on the TV Land sitcom The Exes which returns in 2013 with ten more episodes to conclude its 22-episode second season. He is best known to television audiences for his role as Dr. Christopher Turk, which he played for nine years on the hit series Scrubs. He earned five NAACPTM Image Award nominations and won two BET Comedy Awards for his performance on the show. Faison's extensive film credits include Clueless, Something New, Remember the Titans, Waiting to Exhale, King's Ransom, Uptown Girls, Josie and the Pussycats, Can't Hardly Wait, Big Fat Liar and Juice. For television, Faison reprised his role from Clueless for the spinoff television series, co-starred in the acclaimed J.J. Abrams drama Felicity and guest-starred on such series as Party of Five, Sister Sister and New York Undercover. Stay with us for any further updates on this TBS show!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 7
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of the annual fright fest Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Sliding Bobs" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bob notices that he has started to lose his hair. In a wave of nostalgia, Linda reminisces about Bob’s mustache and how it made her fall for him years ago. Meanwhile, the kids tell their own versions of the story of how their parents met.
The Simpsons - "Halloween of Horror" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Lisa becomes scared at the Krustyland Halloween Horror Night, Homer is forced to take down his Everscream Terrors decorations. Halloween pop-up employees seek vengeance on Homer for causing them to lose their jobs, and rob his house while Homer and Lisa hide out in the attic. Homer and Lisa light up their stored holiday decorations to attract attention and stand up to the intruders.
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Your Loveable Jackass" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After sales for their hangover cure are slower than expected, the guys decide to take part in a drug trial for quick cash, but their plans are unexpectedly derailed by Paul Abdul (guest-starring as herself). Meanwhile, Kelly faces an awkward situation after spending time with Leslie and Josh.
Family Guy - "Pilling Them Softly" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie is diagnosed with ADD and prescribed Adderall, which Brian takes to write a 2000-page proposal to pitch to author George R.R. Martin at a book convention. Meanwhile, Quagmire and Peter compete, Iron Chef-style, to determine which of them gets to keep his new cooking show.
Bordertown - "Borderwall" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bud fights to get a border wall constructed using confiscated drug money, only to have the wall destroy the economy, leaving him jobless. He then begins smuggling immigrants under the wall to make ends meet.
Sunday, February 7
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Catch Tina on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert after the Super Bowl on CBS.
- Adam DeVine (Modern Family/Workaholics) - Adam is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden on CBS.
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Watch Brie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm. She also talks about Love on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- David Koechner (F Is for Family/Hank/The Office) - David will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ben Feldman (Superstore/A to Z/Living with Fran) - Ben discusses Superstore on The Meredith Vieira Show (check your local listings) and on People Now.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael talks about Deadpool on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri takes viewers behind the scenes of the Super Bowl on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Rhea Seehorn (Whitney/I'm with You) - Rhea talks about Better Call Saul on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Britt Lower (Man Seeking Woman) - Britt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.