Monday, December 03, 2012
30 Rock Series Finale on Jan. 31, NBC Alters Thursday/Fridays in Mid-season 2013; Donald Faison Hosts TBS Show
It's time for 30 Rock to say goodbye. The critically acclaimed but ratings challenged comedy will end after its seventh season order of 13 episodes is complete on Jan. 31. Community returns the following week on Feb. 7. In addition, NBC will premiere the new drama Do No Harm on the same night on Thursday, January 31 at 10pm ET following the hour-long series finale of the Emmy Award-winning 30 Rock (8-9pm ET) earlier that same night. The new drama was announced at upfront for March on Sundays at 10, but NBC has changed their mind. As a result of this change on Thursdays, Rock Center with Brian Williams will move to Fridays beginning February 8 at 10pm ET following Dateline NBC, which moves to an earlier slot of 9pm ET. Grimm will return to the schedule on Friday, March 8 at 9pm ET after taking February off. No word on what will happen to Dateline NBC starting March 8, as Rock Center with Brian Williams will be airing in the 10pm hour from Feb. 8 to May 31. Presumably, Dateline will get its annual second slot on Sundays at 7pm beginning Jan. 6. New drama Do No Harm has 12 episodes and will run through April 11. No words on what will air Thursdays at 10 starting April 18.
Read the previous NBC mid-season schedule update. Still no premiere dates have yet to be announced for the Anne Heche comedy Save Me, the mutli-camera premiere for Up All Night, or the new drama Hannibal. Also, returning reality entry Fashion Star still has not been scheduled, as during upfront it was slated to return in March airing Sundays 8-9pm, but NBC changed their mind and will air two-hour episodes of new reality entry Ready for Love from 8-10pm leading into Celebrity Apprentice at 10. Stay with us for any updates and also details on the 30 Rock series finale.
Donald Faison (Scrubs, The Exes) is coming to TBS as host of Who Gets the Last Laugh?, the latest series from Punk'd co-creators Jason Goldberg and Ashton Kutcher. The series will feature some of the most well known comedians and comedy actors in entertainment today competing to pull the most outrageous practical jokes. The lineup includes Andy Dick (Newsradio), Tom Green (The Tom Green Show), D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys), Chris Kattan (The Middle, Saturday Night Live), Bam Margera (Jackass), Bill Bellamy (Any Given Sunday), Charlie Murphy (Chappelle's Show), Cheri Oteri (Saturday Night Live) and Alan Thicke (Growing Pains), among others.
Set to premiere on TBS in spring 2013, Who Gets the Last Laugh? puts a new twist on the comedy format by pitting three comedians against each other in the ultimate hidden camera comedy sketch challenge. The guest comedians must dream up the funniest and most outrageous sketches possible and then successfully unleash them on the unsuspecting public. A live audience then determines which comedy star really got the last laugh and wins $10,000 for their charity of choice. Donald currently also stars on the TV Land sitcom The Exes which returns in 2013 with ten more episodes to conclude its 22-episode second season. He is best known to television audiences for his role as Dr. Christopher Turk, which he played for nine years on the hit series Scrubs. He earned five NAACPTM Image Award nominations and won two BET Comedy Awards for his performance on the show. Faison's extensive film credits include Clueless, Something New, Remember the Titans, Waiting to Exhale, King's Ransom, Uptown Girls, Josie and the Pussycats, Can't Hardly Wait, Big Fat Liar and Juice. For television, Faison reprised his role from Clueless for the spinoff television series, co-starred in the acclaimed J.J. Abrams drama Felicity and guest-starred on such series as Party of Five, Sister Sister and New York Undercover. Stay with us for any further updates on this TBS show!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, August 30
The Middle - "The Man Hunt" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Brick attends a Bar Mitzvah and questions when he’ll officially become a man, Mike attempts to help him become more responsible in his quest to manhood. Meanwhile, Sue exudes a little too much enthusiasm as she tries to flirt and find herself a boyfriend, and Axl and Hutch find themselves a new home in the form of a Winnebago.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Family Business Trip" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Louis is forced to bring his family on a business trip to Gator World, Jessica learns the art of relaxation and Eddie takes on the “Death Roll.” Meanwhile, Evan loses his last baby tooth but isn’t ready to join the big kid club.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Maximum Security" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an attempt to get information on a criminal operation, Amy has to go undercover at a women’s prison and befriend one of the prisoners (guest star Aida Turturro). Meanwhile back at the precinct, Holt and the team plan a fake funeral in an attempt to catch a hitman.
New Girl - "Return to Sender" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess meets Sam’s (guest star David Walton) female best friend, Diane (guest star Caitlin Fitzgerald). Meanwhile, Nick is worried Gavin (guest star Peter Gallagher) will disappoint Schmidt (Max Greenfield) again and Winston is offended by a reaction to a birthday gift.
In the Cut - "Best Foot Forward" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Kenny's new girlfriend's flaw; Jay embellishes his past gang affiliations and almost gets a Thug Lives Matter Award.
Tuesday, August 30
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Catch Zooey on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Justin Bartha (Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life/The New Normal) - Justin stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Cross (Arrested Development/Running Wilde) - David drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Flaked/Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie talks about Flaked on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Rami Malek (The War at Home) - Rami appears on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He also guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Mario chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Norman Lear (Producer of All in the Family/Sanford and Son/One Day at a Time/The Jeffersons/Good Times/Maude) - Norman is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - George is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:03am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jeremy Miller (Growing Pains) and Danny Bonaduce (The Partridge Family) - You grew up watching your favorite sitcom kids, but what happened behind the scenes when the cameras stopped rolling? The stars of Growing Pains, Everybody Loves Raymond and Danny Bonaduce from The Partridge Family break their silence. They reveal how they got hooked on drugs and alcohol and eventually overcame their battles with addiction on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry is a guest on a repeat of Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.