Thursday, October 25, 2012
Fox has announced its winter line-up for midseason 2013 with series premiere dates for new and returning series, including the returns of American Idol and Touch, and the debut of new thriller The Following. Featuring host Ryan Seacrest and new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, along with returning judge Randy Jackson, the 12th season of American Idol begins with the exciting two-night premiere Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and Thursday, Jan. 17 from 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT. The reality show will try to help promote their new midseason drama, The Following, a psychological thriller created by Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries, Dawson's Creek, Scream franchise) and starring Golden Globe Award-winning actor Kevin Bacon (Frost/Nixon) and James Purefoy (Rome). The new launches Monday, Jan. 21 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. The intense, spellbinding drama follows Ryan Hardy (Bacon), an ex-FBI agent called out of retirement to track down Joe Carroll (Purefoy), a devious and diabolical serial killer, and the mastermind behind an ever-growing web of killers.
Season Two of Touch, starring Emmy Award winner Kiefer Sutherland (24), kicks into gear on a new night starting Friday, Feb. 1 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. As the action shifts dramatically from New York to Los Angeles, single father Martin Bohm (Sutherland) and his gifted son, Jake (David Mazouz), find themselves at the center of a global conspiracy involving a mother in search of her missing teenage daughter, a mathematical genius and a religious zealot assassinating others with abilities like Jake's. Joining the cast this season are Maria Bello (ER), Lukas Haas (24), Said Taghmaoui (G.I. Joe: The Rise of The Cobra) and newcomer Saxon Sharbino. And finally, the premiere date for new midseason comedy The Goodwin Games will be announced at a later date, so stay tuned.
Last week we mentioned that NBC is coming out with a digital subchannel on their ten owned stations that will have some classic TV...now we have the official announcement. NBC Owned Television Stations announced the introduction of COZI TV, a new 24x7 national network designed to deliver an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience to audiences nationwide. COZI TV will combine many of America's most beloved and iconic television series, hit movies and original programming with a warm and welcoming vibe that engages viewers. It will launch early next year on the digital channels of the 10 NBC-owned stations, which serve the nation's biggest markets, and is available to local stations across the country.
COZI TV will be programmed around the clock, while offering local stations conveniently scheduled daily blocks of time that can be preempted for programming of interest to viewers, such as local news, sports and special events. This sought after format – designed by local broadcasters – will enable stations to air companion local programing to their primary channel. Drawing from the vast NBCUniversal library of movies and TV shows as well as from other top studios, including Sony Pictures, COZI TV will bring viewers access to some of America's favorite entertainment. Well-known shows like Magnum, P.I., The Bionic Woman, Charlie's Angels, Highway to Heaven, Lone Ranger and The Six Million Dollar Man will be featured on the network. COZI TV will also air a wide range of movies, showcasing iconic actors spanning generations, including legends Rock Hudson and Doris Day and modern day actors George Clooney and Drew Barrymore.
Additionally, COZI TV will be home to exclusive original programming that is currently under development by various partners. The network will also feature fresh, fun content that will air as interstitial programming to create an environment where people feel connected and comfortable. At the same time, it will incorporate innovative online and social media initiatives to engage the audience and enhance the viewing experience.
The official launch schedule is still not ready, so as soon as we can share that with you, we will. So stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.