Thursday, October 25, 2012
Fox has announced its winter line-up for midseason 2013 with series premiere dates for new and returning series, including the returns of American Idol and Touch, and the debut of new thriller The Following. Featuring host Ryan Seacrest and new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, along with returning judge Randy Jackson, the 12th season of American Idol begins with the exciting two-night premiere Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and Thursday, Jan. 17 from 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT. The reality show will try to help promote their new midseason drama, The Following, a psychological thriller created by Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries, Dawson's Creek, Scream franchise) and starring Golden Globe Award-winning actor Kevin Bacon (Frost/Nixon) and James Purefoy (Rome). The new launches Monday, Jan. 21 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. The intense, spellbinding drama follows Ryan Hardy (Bacon), an ex-FBI agent called out of retirement to track down Joe Carroll (Purefoy), a devious and diabolical serial killer, and the mastermind behind an ever-growing web of killers.
Season Two of Touch, starring Emmy Award winner Kiefer Sutherland (24), kicks into gear on a new night starting Friday, Feb. 1 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. As the action shifts dramatically from New York to Los Angeles, single father Martin Bohm (Sutherland) and his gifted son, Jake (David Mazouz), find themselves at the center of a global conspiracy involving a mother in search of her missing teenage daughter, a mathematical genius and a religious zealot assassinating others with abilities like Jake's. Joining the cast this season are Maria Bello (ER), Lukas Haas (24), Said Taghmaoui (G.I. Joe: The Rise of The Cobra) and newcomer Saxon Sharbino. And finally, the premiere date for new midseason comedy The Goodwin Games will be announced at a later date, so stay tuned.
Last week we mentioned that NBC is coming out with a digital subchannel on their ten owned stations that will have some classic TV...now we have the official announcement. NBC Owned Television Stations announced the introduction of COZI TV, a new 24x7 national network designed to deliver an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience to audiences nationwide. COZI TV will combine many of America's most beloved and iconic television series, hit movies and original programming with a warm and welcoming vibe that engages viewers. It will launch early next year on the digital channels of the 10 NBC-owned stations, which serve the nation's biggest markets, and is available to local stations across the country.
COZI TV will be programmed around the clock, while offering local stations conveniently scheduled daily blocks of time that can be preempted for programming of interest to viewers, such as local news, sports and special events. This sought after format – designed by local broadcasters – will enable stations to air companion local programing to their primary channel. Drawing from the vast NBCUniversal library of movies and TV shows as well as from other top studios, including Sony Pictures, COZI TV will bring viewers access to some of America's favorite entertainment. Well-known shows like Magnum, P.I., The Bionic Woman, Charlie's Angels, Highway to Heaven, Lone Ranger and The Six Million Dollar Man will be featured on the network. COZI TV will also air a wide range of movies, showcasing iconic actors spanning generations, including legends Rock Hudson and Doris Day and modern day actors George Clooney and Drew Barrymore.
Additionally, COZI TV will be home to exclusive original programming that is currently under development by various partners. The network will also feature fresh, fun content that will air as interstitial programming to create an environment where people feel connected and comfortable. At the same time, it will incorporate innovative online and social media initiatives to engage the audience and enhance the viewing experience.
The official launch schedule is still not ready, so as soon as we can share that with you, we will. So stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.