Thursday, October 25, 2012
Fox has announced its winter line-up for midseason 2013 with series premiere dates for new and returning series, including the returns of American Idol and Touch, and the debut of new thriller The Following. Featuring host Ryan Seacrest and new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, along with returning judge Randy Jackson, the 12th season of American Idol begins with the exciting two-night premiere Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and Thursday, Jan. 17 from 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT. The reality show will try to help promote their new midseason drama, The Following, a psychological thriller created by Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries, Dawson's Creek, Scream franchise) and starring Golden Globe Award-winning actor Kevin Bacon (Frost/Nixon) and James Purefoy (Rome). The new launches Monday, Jan. 21 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. The intense, spellbinding drama follows Ryan Hardy (Bacon), an ex-FBI agent called out of retirement to track down Joe Carroll (Purefoy), a devious and diabolical serial killer, and the mastermind behind an ever-growing web of killers.
Season Two of Touch, starring Emmy Award winner Kiefer Sutherland (24), kicks into gear on a new night starting Friday, Feb. 1 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. As the action shifts dramatically from New York to Los Angeles, single father Martin Bohm (Sutherland) and his gifted son, Jake (David Mazouz), find themselves at the center of a global conspiracy involving a mother in search of her missing teenage daughter, a mathematical genius and a religious zealot assassinating others with abilities like Jake's. Joining the cast this season are Maria Bello (ER), Lukas Haas (24), Said Taghmaoui (G.I. Joe: The Rise of The Cobra) and newcomer Saxon Sharbino. And finally, the premiere date for new midseason comedy The Goodwin Games will be announced at a later date, so stay tuned.
Last week we mentioned that NBC is coming out with a digital subchannel on their ten owned stations that will have some classic TV...now we have the official announcement. NBC Owned Television Stations announced the introduction of COZI TV, a new 24x7 national network designed to deliver an easy-to-watch, comfortable and familiar viewing experience to audiences nationwide. COZI TV will combine many of America's most beloved and iconic television series, hit movies and original programming with a warm and welcoming vibe that engages viewers. It will launch early next year on the digital channels of the 10 NBC-owned stations, which serve the nation's biggest markets, and is available to local stations across the country.
COZI TV will be programmed around the clock, while offering local stations conveniently scheduled daily blocks of time that can be preempted for programming of interest to viewers, such as local news, sports and special events. This sought after format – designed by local broadcasters – will enable stations to air companion local programing to their primary channel. Drawing from the vast NBCUniversal library of movies and TV shows as well as from other top studios, including Sony Pictures, COZI TV will bring viewers access to some of America's favorite entertainment. Well-known shows like Magnum, P.I., The Bionic Woman, Charlie's Angels, Highway to Heaven, Lone Ranger and The Six Million Dollar Man will be featured on the network. COZI TV will also air a wide range of movies, showcasing iconic actors spanning generations, including legends Rock Hudson and Doris Day and modern day actors George Clooney and Drew Barrymore.
Additionally, COZI TV will be home to exclusive original programming that is currently under development by various partners. The network will also feature fresh, fun content that will air as interstitial programming to create an environment where people feel connected and comfortable. At the same time, it will incorporate innovative online and social media initiatives to engage the audience and enhance the viewing experience.
The official launch schedule is still not ready, so as soon as we can share that with you, we will. So stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.