Thursday, October 18, 2012
New Classic TV Digital Station Cozi TV Coming January 2013; The Hub Presents Classic Sitcom Halloween Airings
We hinted on our message board earlier this week that a new over the air digital subchannel focusing on classic TV will be launching January 1, and now some info has been reported. The new network will be named Cozi TV and will be from NBCUniversal. It will be replacing digital subchannel Nonstop on the NBC Owned Television Stations. So if you're in the NBC owned markets and have Nonstop, you'll have Cozi TV come January 1. Among the series they will have at launch will include comedies like Burns & Allen, The Lucy Show, Ozzie & Harriet, Red Skelton, Groucho Marx; action dramas like Charlie's Angels, The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, Magnum P.I., and classic family and western series like Lassie, The Roy Rogers Show, The Lone Ranger, The Virginian, The Adventures of Kit Carson and Alias Smith and Jones, Marcus Welby, M.D., and Highway to Heaven. A few movies will be featured in the afternoons. Currently, Highway to Heaven has been airing weekdays at 12 noon on Nonstop on all NBC Owned Television Stations, so it will likely remain at 12 noon when Cozi takes over the space on Jan. 1. Nonstop was first launched in New York in March 2009 and then expanded to the other NBC Owned Television Stations in 2010 and 2011. Of the ten markets that NBC owns, nine of them have a Nonstop station, with only the Hartford market not included. Thus, chances of Cozi TV in Hartford are not certain as the other nine markets NBC owns (NY, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington DC, Dallas, Miami, and San Diego).
Cozi TV will join the crowded digital subchannel world that includes fellow classic TV stations like Antenna TV, MeTV, THIStv, Bounce TV and RTV. Stay tuned for the official announcement and full details, like an actual schedule, as soon as it is announced. Much more to come, so get "cozi" and comfortable!
This Halloween The Hub TV Network gets into the 'spirit' with a full lineup of spooky and fun Halloween-themed movies, TV series and specials. The centerpiece of the network's October 31 programming slate is a special two-hour marathon of the award-winning R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series (4-6pm ET). The marathon showcases four of the scariest episodes from all three seasons of the Hub Original Series, starring popular young Hollywood actors including Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) and Dakota Goyo (Real Steel). The tricks and treats continue with spine-tingling Halloween-themed episodes of favorite live-action and animated Hub series including The Adventures of Chuck & Friends, Transformers Rescue Bots, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Pound Puppies, and Goosebumps. When darkness sets in, the network's primetime programming schedule will feature super spooky episodes of ALF, Mork & Mindy, The Facts of Life, and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys in primetime.
Fans of the sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch will be treated to a special four-episode Halloween-themed marathon of 'spook-tacular' proportions on Tuesday, October 30 (10am-noon ET) following everyone's favorite witch Sabrina Spellman (Melissa Joan Hart) as a teenager with magical powers living with her two aunts and their magical talking cat Salem. The fun continues on Halloween Day (Wednesday, Oct. 31) from 11am-12pm, as Sabrina creates the event of the year when she rents real monsters from the Other Realm to spice up her Halloween party. And Sabrina takes her friends on the Halloween Mystery Train, but discovers too late that they've boarded the Other Realm Express! In primetime on Halloween night, The Hub presents two back-to-back episodes of ALF, from 8-9pm, which follow the adventures of Gordon Shumway, a furry, wisecracking alien from the planet Melmac who crash lands into the garage of the Tanner family. ALF tries to convince Willie and Kate to let him go trick-or-treating on Halloween, but the Tanners are concerned their neighbors might discover ALF's "natural" costume is not really a disguise at all! And while spying on the neighbors having an argument next door, ALF sees Mr. Ochmonek approach his wife with an ice pick and suspects he’s trying to kill her. Next at 9pm on The Facts of Life, Halloween hysteria sets in when a customer mysteriously disappears and the girls fear that Edna may have ground him into her famous homemade bratwurst. At 9:30pm, Mork and Mindy are in for a spirited Halloween when familiar ghosts from Mindy's past create hilarious havoc in the house.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Paranoia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Rosa enlists Jake to help change Terry’s disapproving opinion about her fast-moving relationship with Adrian Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). But their love for each other is put on hold when Pimento thinks someone from his past is trying to kill him.
New Girl - "Dress" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess races to make alterations to Cece’s bridal dress, while Schmidt tries to keep his “wedding workshop” a secret at work, and Nick struggles to ask Reagan to be his date to the nuptials. Meanwhile, Winston and Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad) try to keep their relationship on the down-low at work.
Bunk'd - "Griff Is in the House!" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The Ross kids trade their penthouse for Camp Kikiwaka for the summer only to to find a new counselor in the Woodchuck cabin.
Tuesday, August 23
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Catch Donald on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rami Malek (The War at Home) - Rami stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Southside with You on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) - Ben visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period) and Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Riki and Natasha are guests on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jaime King (Gary Unmarried/The Class/Kitchen Confidential) - Jaime is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave co-hosts Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry talks about Better Late Than Never on NBC's Today in the 10am hour, on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET, and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings/Marry Me) - Casey discusses Amazon's One Mississippi on the AOL Build Show at 3:15am.