Thursday, October 18, 2012
New Classic TV Digital Station Cozi TV Coming January 2013; The Hub Presents Classic Sitcom Halloween Airings
We hinted on our message board earlier this week that a new over the air digital subchannel focusing on classic TV will be launching January 1, and now some info has been reported. The new network will be named Cozi TV and will be from NBCUniversal. It will be replacing digital subchannel Nonstop on the NBC Owned Television Stations. So if you're in the NBC owned markets and have Nonstop, you'll have Cozi TV come January 1. Among the series they will have at launch will include comedies like Burns & Allen, The Lucy Show, Ozzie & Harriet, Red Skelton, Groucho Marx; action dramas like Charlie's Angels, The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, Magnum P.I., and classic family and western series like Lassie, The Roy Rogers Show, The Lone Ranger, The Virginian, The Adventures of Kit Carson and Alias Smith and Jones, Marcus Welby, M.D., and Highway to Heaven. A few movies will be featured in the afternoons. Currently, Highway to Heaven has been airing weekdays at 12 noon on Nonstop on all NBC Owned Television Stations, so it will likely remain at 12 noon when Cozi takes over the space on Jan. 1. Nonstop was first launched in New York in March 2009 and then expanded to the other NBC Owned Television Stations in 2010 and 2011. Of the ten markets that NBC owns, nine of them have a Nonstop station, with only the Hartford market not included. Thus, chances of Cozi TV in Hartford are not certain as the other nine markets NBC owns (NY, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington DC, Dallas, Miami, and San Diego).
Cozi TV will join the crowded digital subchannel world that includes fellow classic TV stations like Antenna TV, MeTV, THIStv, Bounce TV and RTV. Stay tuned for the official announcement and full details, like an actual schedule, as soon as it is announced. Much more to come, so get "cozi" and comfortable!
This Halloween The Hub TV Network gets into the 'spirit' with a full lineup of spooky and fun Halloween-themed movies, TV series and specials. The centerpiece of the network's October 31 programming slate is a special two-hour marathon of the award-winning R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series (4-6pm ET). The marathon showcases four of the scariest episodes from all three seasons of the Hub Original Series, starring popular young Hollywood actors including Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) and Dakota Goyo (Real Steel). The tricks and treats continue with spine-tingling Halloween-themed episodes of favorite live-action and animated Hub series including The Adventures of Chuck & Friends, Transformers Rescue Bots, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Pound Puppies, and Goosebumps. When darkness sets in, the network's primetime programming schedule will feature super spooky episodes of ALF, Mork & Mindy, The Facts of Life, and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys in primetime.
Fans of the sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch will be treated to a special four-episode Halloween-themed marathon of 'spook-tacular' proportions on Tuesday, October 30 (10am-noon ET) following everyone's favorite witch Sabrina Spellman (Melissa Joan Hart) as a teenager with magical powers living with her two aunts and their magical talking cat Salem. The fun continues on Halloween Day (Wednesday, Oct. 31) from 11am-12pm, as Sabrina creates the event of the year when she rents real monsters from the Other Realm to spice up her Halloween party. And Sabrina takes her friends on the Halloween Mystery Train, but discovers too late that they've boarded the Other Realm Express! In primetime on Halloween night, The Hub presents two back-to-back episodes of ALF, from 8-9pm, which follow the adventures of Gordon Shumway, a furry, wisecracking alien from the planet Melmac who crash lands into the garage of the Tanner family. ALF tries to convince Willie and Kate to let him go trick-or-treating on Halloween, but the Tanners are concerned their neighbors might discover ALF's "natural" costume is not really a disguise at all! And while spying on the neighbors having an argument next door, ALF sees Mr. Ochmonek approach his wife with an ice pick and suspects he’s trying to kill her. Next at 9pm on The Facts of Life, Halloween hysteria sets in when a customer mysteriously disappears and the girls fear that Edna may have ground him into her famous homemade bratwurst. At 9:30pm, Mork and Mindy are in for a spirited Halloween when familiar ghosts from Mindy's past create hilarious havoc in the house.
Bob's Burgers - "The Frond Files" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Bob and Linda visit school and learn that their kids' essays about their fantasy version of Wagstaff are "too creative" and "offensive." Eugene transforms the school into a "Fart School for the Gifted" (watch out for Keyboard Jail); Tina, to her delight, depicts a world where she is romanced by countless zombie teenage boys; and Louise creates a school where she takes down a robotic Mr. Frond from the future ("We need more creamed corn!").
The Simpsons - "Diggs" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
Bart is rescued from a confrontation with Springfield Elementary's bullies by Diggs (guest voice Daniel Radcliffe), a recent transfer student and aspiring champion in the niche sport of falconry. But, Bart soon discovers that Diggs wants to do more than just wrangle falcons: he wants to take to the sky himself.
The Simpsons - "The Man Who Grew Too Much" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On a research trip, Lisa is shocked to discover that Sideshow Bob is now the chief scientist at a massive chemical engineering company, but her fears are allayed as she becomes enamored with his likeminded appreciation of high-culture. Meanwhile, Marge's attempt to preach healthy sexual practices to a teen church group goes awry.
Family Guy - "Mom's the Word" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Peter's mother passes away, he forms a special friendship with her longtime pal, Evelyn (guest voice Lauren Bacall), who attempts to seduce Peter. Meanwhile, Stewie is distraught when he understands the reality of death for the first time.
Liv and Maddie - "Slump-A-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie and Willow are excited to try out for the school's varsity softball team but Willow is in a slump and Maddie figures out why.
I Didn't Do It - "If It Takes Like a Brussels Sprout" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jasmine and Logan invent a spray that makes vegetables taste even more delicious.
Austin & Ally - "Cupids & Cuties" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Trish is nervous about an upcoming visit from a boy she has a crush on and acts strangely when he takes her on a date.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.