Tuesday, September 18, 2012
This TV Fall 2012 Schedule Has Inspector Gadget; ABC Family Orders Three Pilots, Including Two Sitcoms
This TV has announced its Fall 2012 schedule and changes are being made to its "This Is For Kids" morning block. The block is weekdays from 7-10am and features animated series from the Cookie Jar Toons archive. Of note to us is that they will bring back animated comedy Inspector Gadget, voiced by Don Adams, back to its schedule and air it weekdays at 7am beginning Oct. 1. Wowsers! New additions to the line-up include Sabrina, the Animated Series, which will air weekday mornings at 9am. Rounding out the block is Hurricanes, Action Man, Metajets, Prostars, Stargate Infinity, Flight Squad and Horseland. Only the latter is five days a week, at 9:30am, while those other series are either Mon, Wed, Fri or Tues, Thurs. Leaving the schedule will be The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills, Super Duper Sumos and Liberty's Kids. On weekends, animated series include Country Mouse & City Mouse Adventures, Danger Rangers, Emily of New Moon, Mona the Vampire and Madeline.
Besides the animated series, there are no other changes, so you can expect weekdays from 4am-7am to remain the same with vintage retro TV series with The Outer Limits, Highway Patrol, Sea Hunt, The Patty Duke Show, and Mister Ed. On Sundays, Bat Masterson remains at 7am, while Stargate SG-1 remains at 9pm & 10pm. The rest of the schedule is filled with movies or E/I programming.
This TV is a free over the air digital station that brings you award winning films, box office hits, cult classics, retro TV series and all your favorite Hollywood stars! Whether it's on satellite, your local cable provider, or your over-the-air digital signal, it doesn't get better than This!
ABC Family has greenlit three additional pilots to add to its production slate -- Terminales, a one hour drama pilot adapted from a successful Televisa series, and two new sitcom pilots, Phys Ed and Continuing Fred. The three pilots will go into production this fall along with the previously announced drama pilots The Fosters (working title), from executive producer Jennifer Lopez, and Socio, from executive producer Gavin Polone. The two sitcom pilots are in consideration to join the network's successful sitcom hour of Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy. Here are the details on the sitcom pilots: Phys Ed is a half-hour multi-camera comedy pilot about a high school's star jock who returns to teach at his former alma mater only to find that, even though he's changed, nothing else really has. The pilot is written and-executive produced by David H. Steinberg. It is produced by Prodco, Inc. Continuing Fred is a half-hour multi-camera sitcom pilot about 20-something Winifred "Fred" Harris, a newly-graduated slacker with an overbearing family who surprisingly finds purpose when she begins to teach at a local elementary school. Written by Bill Daly (Mike and Molly), the pilot is also produced by Prodco, Inc.
Stay with us if any of these pilots heads to series. Most likely most will, given ABC Family's track record of picking up pilots.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.