Sunday, September 02, 2012
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of August 20-26)
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 3.71 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, up three tenths in 18-49 from previous week. A second repeat followed with 3.86 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, also up three tenths week-to-week. People tune in during the summer as I'm sure many miss it during the season due to other programming.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm posted 2.74 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, up two tenths from the previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.04 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating, which was up two tenths from the previous week. A second repeat at 9:30pm did 4.02 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, but down a tenth week-to-week.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat did 4.87 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up a good three tenths in 18-49 from the previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A special repeat came in and jumped to 6.5 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating, a half a point better than previous week's 2 Broke Girls. Wow.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy at 9pm followed and posted 6.63 million and a 2.1 rating, up four tenths in 18-49 from the previous week thanks to a better lead-in.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.97 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm, which was up a tenth in 18-49 from the previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) - Tuesday repeats will air for the rest of the summer, in addition to its regular Wednesday airings. The 8pm repeat did 3.05 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, on par with the previous week again. OK, but not terrible.
- Last Man Standing (ABC) - A repeat of this sitcom followed with 2.69 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, also on par with previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did 1.92 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, which was down two tenths week-to-week.
- Don't Trust the B---- In Apartment 23 (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm posted 1.63 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, which was down a tenth from the previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.74 million and a 0.9 rating, down two tents from the previous week as NFL preemptions were a lot.
- Suburgatory (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8:30 posted 3.35 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, up a tenth from previous week. A second repeat airing at 9:30pm generated 3.02 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, also up a tenth week-to-week. This show could be big this fall at 9:30pm.
- Up All Night (NBC) - preempted.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did 3.88 million and a 1.3 rating, on par with the previous week. I look for it to start going up now as we get closer to the fall but maybe not this coming week with the NFL launch game on.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat at 8 did 6.17 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, down four tenths from the previous week in the key demo. NFL preemptions hurt it, but still very good.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 4.91 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, also down four tenths in 18-49 from the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 8pm did 1.97 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, which was down a tenth from the previous week. Not good for an anchor, even if it is a repeat.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat at 8:30pm followed with 1.57 million and 0.5 18-49 rating, which was again down a tenth from the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A Thursday repeat at 8pm did 2.09 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, which beat NBC's competing comedy and on par with previous week.
- New Girl (Fox) - A Thursday repeat at 8:30pm did 1.98 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, which isn't great but it beat the regular NBC competing comedy again...ouch and also on par week-to-week.
- Whitney (NBC) - preempted.
- Community (NBC) - preempted.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - preempted.
Summing it up. The repeats of Simpsons & Family Guy-last Sun, The Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, How I Met Your Mother were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Two and a Half Men, Modern Family) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of Parks and Recreation, Apartment 23).
Feeling the repeat blues? Well the new season starts Sept. 24! Original sitcoms on cable this summer are winding down as ABC Family's Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy concluded this past week. As we mentioned, both series have been renewed for new seasons coming in spring 2013! TBS has episode nine of new sitcom Sullivan & Son this Thursday at 10pm. Also on Wednesdays is TV Land's Hot in Cleveland spin-off series The Soul Man starring Cedric the Entertainer at 10pm with its season finale, followed by the season finale of The Exes at 10:30pm. TV Land's Retired at 35 had its season finale this past week. FX had its season finale of Anger Management the previous Thursday at 9:30pm, so look for encores this week if you missed it and the new season will premiere in January 2013 with 90 new episodes! All of these are multi-camera comedies, too! New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer blues!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.