Monday, September 17, 2012
This Fall, ION Television will be adding quite a few new series. We have mentioned them all before that they were coming...except for one series. On Sunday, Sept. 23, House will launch on ION and it is airing every Sunday night from 8pm-1am. The rest of the new series will launch the week of October 1, including the previously unannounced series. That series is a sitcom. The sitcom is Married...with Children! The series starring Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy will premiere on ION Television on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 11:00am & 11:30am leading into the Rocky movies marathon from 12pm-8pm. Those movies will lead into the premiere of ION's new weekly series, WWE Main Event on Wednesdays at 8pm. Married...with Children will normally air as a filler on weekend afternoons, as it doesn't have a set time period. The sitcom is replacing George Lopez as filler and will be paired with My Name is Earl from time to time. The other new series on ION this fall are: NUMB3RS every Thursday from 12pm-10pm and Saturdays from 6pm-1am and Law & Order: Criminal Intent airing every Sunday from 4pm-8pm. Psych will be leading the schedule completely.
You may have noticed we said 11am for ION. Yes, the weekday line-up will now be starting at 11am beginning Monday, Oct. 1! So ION Television is starting two hours earlier than now. The schedule will be filled with block programming. On Mondays, Without a Trace will air from 11am-4pm, followed by Criminal Minds from 4pm-1am. Each night on ION Television at 1am will now be a movie. On Tuesdays, ION will air more Criminal Minds from 11am-11pm, leading into back-to-back Flashpoint airings from 11pm-1am. The Wednesday block will start a week later since a Rocky movie marathon is airing Oct. 3, but starting Oct. 10 the schedule will kick-off with the qubo Kids block moving to the 11am hour every Wed-Fri, instead of 8-9am. Wednesdays from 12pm-6pm will be a Flashpoint block leading into Leverage at 6pm & 7pm. As mentioned, WWE Main Event will air at 8pm before ION goes back to Leverage from 9pm-1am. On Thursdays, we have the already mentioned NUMB3RS from 12pm-10pm leading into Criminal Minds from 10pm-1am. On Fridays, Without a Trace gets another daytime block airing from 12-4pm. After that, its Cold Case from 4pm-11pm. Leverage closes out Fridays from 11pm-1am.
Onto the weekends, the Saturday schedule will kick-off at 1pm with either filler airings of Married...with Children or My Name is Earl leading into movies. As mentioned, NUMB3RS will air on Saturdays from 6pm-1am. On Sundays, once again at 1pm will be either filler airings of Married...with Children or My Name is Earl leading into a movie. Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air from 4-8pm, followed by House from 8pm-1am. It's certainly a drama-filled schedule, with some sitcom filler here and there.
View the full ION Television Fall 2012 schedule. Stay with us for any further updates!
Today (Monday, September 17) marks the 40th anniversary of the 1972 launch of the iconic military medical sitcom M*A*S*H. To commemorate the occasion, The MeTV Network will air the first two episodes of the series: "Pilot" and "To Market, to Market" tonight at 7PM Eastern/6PM Central. During the rest of the week, MeTV will acknowledge the milestone with M*A*S*H facts and trivia. The MeTV Network now clears more than 83% of the country, serving 136 affiliates.
Set during the Korean War, M*A*S*H is a medical drama/black comedy following the stories of U.S. military doctors and support staff stationed overseas. In addition to treating patients and encountering combat, the team of the Mobile Army Surgical Hospital endures dramatic tension often occurring between enlisted men and drafted soldiers. After an 11-season run, more than 105 million viewers tuned in for the finale in 1983, a record that held until 2010.
Elsewhere, TV Land is also celebrating the 40th anniversary with a stunt starting at 5pm today with the first episode and the series finale. And M*A*S*H stars on Murder, She Wrote continues all this week with Jamie Farr today, Loretta Swit on Tuesday, Wayne Rogers on Wednesday, and David Ogden Stiers on Thursday. Tune in Mon-Thurs mornings at 8AM/7C for the rest of September!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Paranoia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Rosa enlists Jake to help change Terry’s disapproving opinion about her fast-moving relationship with Adrian Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). But their love for each other is put on hold when Pimento thinks someone from his past is trying to kill him.
New Girl - "Dress" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess races to make alterations to Cece’s bridal dress, while Schmidt tries to keep his “wedding workshop” a secret at work, and Nick struggles to ask Reagan to be his date to the nuptials. Meanwhile, Winston and Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad) try to keep their relationship on the down-low at work.
Bunk'd - "Griff Is in the House!" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The Ross kids trade their penthouse for Camp Kikiwaka for the summer only to to find a new counselor in the Woodchuck cabin.
Tuesday, August 23
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Catch Donald on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rami Malek (The War at Home) - Rami stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Southside with You on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) - Ben visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period) and Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Riki and Natasha are guests on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jaime King (Gary Unmarried/The Class/Kitchen Confidential) - Jaime is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave co-hosts Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry talks about Better Late Than Never on NBC's Today in the 10am hour, on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET, and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings/Marry Me) - Casey discusses Amazon's One Mississippi on the AOL Build Show at 3:15am.