Monday, September 17, 2012
This Fall, ION Television will be adding quite a few new series. We have mentioned them all before that they were coming...except for one series. On Sunday, Sept. 23, House will launch on ION and it is airing every Sunday night from 8pm-1am. The rest of the new series will launch the week of October 1, including the previously unannounced series. That series is a sitcom. The sitcom is Married...with Children! The series starring Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy will premiere on ION Television on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 11:00am & 11:30am leading into the Rocky movies marathon from 12pm-8pm. Those movies will lead into the premiere of ION's new weekly series, WWE Main Event on Wednesdays at 8pm. Married...with Children will normally air as a filler on weekend afternoons, as it doesn't have a set time period. The sitcom is replacing George Lopez as filler and will be paired with My Name is Earl from time to time. The other new series on ION this fall are: NUMB3RS every Thursday from 12pm-10pm and Saturdays from 6pm-1am and Law & Order: Criminal Intent airing every Sunday from 4pm-8pm. Psych will be leading the schedule completely.
You may have noticed we said 11am for ION. Yes, the weekday line-up will now be starting at 11am beginning Monday, Oct. 1! So ION Television is starting two hours earlier than now. The schedule will be filled with block programming. On Mondays, Without a Trace will air from 11am-4pm, followed by Criminal Minds from 4pm-1am. Each night on ION Television at 1am will now be a movie. On Tuesdays, ION will air more Criminal Minds from 11am-11pm, leading into back-to-back Flashpoint airings from 11pm-1am. The Wednesday block will start a week later since a Rocky movie marathon is airing Oct. 3, but starting Oct. 10 the schedule will kick-off with the qubo Kids block moving to the 11am hour every Wed-Fri, instead of 8-9am. Wednesdays from 12pm-6pm will be a Flashpoint block leading into Leverage at 6pm & 7pm. As mentioned, WWE Main Event will air at 8pm before ION goes back to Leverage from 9pm-1am. On Thursdays, we have the already mentioned NUMB3RS from 12pm-10pm leading into Criminal Minds from 10pm-1am. On Fridays, Without a Trace gets another daytime block airing from 12-4pm. After that, its Cold Case from 4pm-11pm. Leverage closes out Fridays from 11pm-1am.
Onto the weekends, the Saturday schedule will kick-off at 1pm with either filler airings of Married...with Children or My Name is Earl leading into movies. As mentioned, NUMB3RS will air on Saturdays from 6pm-1am. On Sundays, once again at 1pm will be either filler airings of Married...with Children or My Name is Earl leading into a movie. Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air from 4-8pm, followed by House from 8pm-1am. It's certainly a drama-filled schedule, with some sitcom filler here and there.
View the full ION Television Fall 2012 schedule. Stay with us for any further updates!
Today (Monday, September 17) marks the 40th anniversary of the 1972 launch of the iconic military medical sitcom M*A*S*H. To commemorate the occasion, The MeTV Network will air the first two episodes of the series: "Pilot" and "To Market, to Market" tonight at 7PM Eastern/6PM Central. During the rest of the week, MeTV will acknowledge the milestone with M*A*S*H facts and trivia. The MeTV Network now clears more than 83% of the country, serving 136 affiliates.
Set during the Korean War, M*A*S*H is a medical drama/black comedy following the stories of U.S. military doctors and support staff stationed overseas. In addition to treating patients and encountering combat, the team of the Mobile Army Surgical Hospital endures dramatic tension often occurring between enlisted men and drafted soldiers. After an 11-season run, more than 105 million viewers tuned in for the finale in 1983, a record that held until 2010.
Elsewhere, TV Land is also celebrating the 40th anniversary with a stunt starting at 5pm today with the first episode and the series finale. And M*A*S*H stars on Murder, She Wrote continues all this week with Jamie Farr today, Loretta Swit on Tuesday, Wayne Rogers on Wednesday, and David Ogden Stiers on Thursday. Tune in Mon-Thurs mornings at 8AM/7C for the rest of September!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 26
The Goldbergs - "Stefan King" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Adam’s love of Stephen King inspires him to try his hand at horror writing. After learning the monster in Adam’s story is based off Beverly, she forces Adam to stay in on Halloween and rewrite it, hoping he depicts her as a better mother. Meanwhile, Erica is desperate to find a date to the costume dance and forces Barry go with her.
Speechless - "H-A-L-- HALLOWEEN" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy is upset the kids no longer want to participate in the family tradition of dressing up for Halloween. Maya tries to cheer up Jimmy by allowing him to do things he loves by taking things off the family “Dead to Me” list. Meanwhile, Ray recruits Dylan to help work the school’s haunted mansion while Kenneth is scared of losing his job when JJ gets drunk at a party. Even though Maya is furious, she is thrilled to see JJ having a “normal” life.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "The Purge" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Junior embarrasses Dre during a basketball game, Dre decides to remind Junior of his master pranking skills so he’ll never challenge him again. Meanwhile, the neighborhood participates in a “mischief night” during Halloween where petty crimes become legal, and Ruby takes it too far with the kids.
Younger - "P Is for Pancake" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Kelsey dates a seemingly perfect guy, but Liza and Lauren think it’s too soon. At a party of doctors, Josh puts his relationship with Liza under the microscope.
Impastor - "Sins of the Past-or Part 2" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Dora’s and Alexa’s lives are both in jeopardy and Buddy must choose which one to save. Russell and Dora have a falling out. Schmidt is robbed.
You're the Worst - "The Seventh Layer" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Vernon and Paul take a road trip.
Wednesday, October 26
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Watch Joel on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Colton Dunn (Superstore), Lauren Ash (Superstore/Super Fun Night and Nico Santos (Superstore) - Colton, Lauren and Nico are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Donald appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - See what happens when Dr. Oz visits the set of Dr. Ken on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks about The Crown on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Boris Kodjoe (The Last Man on Earth/Second Time Around) - Boris joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Issa Rae (Insecure) - Issa is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin talks about Life in Pieces on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Betsy Brandt (Life in Pieces/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Betsy talks about Life in PieceS on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.