Monday, September 17, 2012
This Fall, ION Television will be adding quite a few new series. We have mentioned them all before that they were coming...except for one series. On Sunday, Sept. 23, House will launch on ION and it is airing every Sunday night from 8pm-1am. The rest of the new series will launch the week of October 1, including the previously unannounced series. That series is a sitcom. The sitcom is Married...with Children! The series starring Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy will premiere on ION Television on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 11:00am & 11:30am leading into the Rocky movies marathon from 12pm-8pm. Those movies will lead into the premiere of ION's new weekly series, WWE Main Event on Wednesdays at 8pm. Married...with Children will normally air as a filler on weekend afternoons, as it doesn't have a set time period. The sitcom is replacing George Lopez as filler and will be paired with My Name is Earl from time to time. The other new series on ION this fall are: NUMB3RS every Thursday from 12pm-10pm and Saturdays from 6pm-1am and Law & Order: Criminal Intent airing every Sunday from 4pm-8pm. Psych will be leading the schedule completely.
You may have noticed we said 11am for ION. Yes, the weekday line-up will now be starting at 11am beginning Monday, Oct. 1! So ION Television is starting two hours earlier than now. The schedule will be filled with block programming. On Mondays, Without a Trace will air from 11am-4pm, followed by Criminal Minds from 4pm-1am. Each night on ION Television at 1am will now be a movie. On Tuesdays, ION will air more Criminal Minds from 11am-11pm, leading into back-to-back Flashpoint airings from 11pm-1am. The Wednesday block will start a week later since a Rocky movie marathon is airing Oct. 3, but starting Oct. 10 the schedule will kick-off with the qubo Kids block moving to the 11am hour every Wed-Fri, instead of 8-9am. Wednesdays from 12pm-6pm will be a Flashpoint block leading into Leverage at 6pm & 7pm. As mentioned, WWE Main Event will air at 8pm before ION goes back to Leverage from 9pm-1am. On Thursdays, we have the already mentioned NUMB3RS from 12pm-10pm leading into Criminal Minds from 10pm-1am. On Fridays, Without a Trace gets another daytime block airing from 12-4pm. After that, its Cold Case from 4pm-11pm. Leverage closes out Fridays from 11pm-1am.
Onto the weekends, the Saturday schedule will kick-off at 1pm with either filler airings of Married...with Children or My Name is Earl leading into movies. As mentioned, NUMB3RS will air on Saturdays from 6pm-1am. On Sundays, once again at 1pm will be either filler airings of Married...with Children or My Name is Earl leading into a movie. Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air from 4-8pm, followed by House from 8pm-1am. It's certainly a drama-filled schedule, with some sitcom filler here and there.
View the full ION Television Fall 2012 schedule. Stay with us for any further updates!
Today (Monday, September 17) marks the 40th anniversary of the 1972 launch of the iconic military medical sitcom M*A*S*H. To commemorate the occasion, The MeTV Network will air the first two episodes of the series: "Pilot" and "To Market, to Market" tonight at 7PM Eastern/6PM Central. During the rest of the week, MeTV will acknowledge the milestone with M*A*S*H facts and trivia. The MeTV Network now clears more than 83% of the country, serving 136 affiliates.
Set during the Korean War, M*A*S*H is a medical drama/black comedy following the stories of U.S. military doctors and support staff stationed overseas. In addition to treating patients and encountering combat, the team of the Mobile Army Surgical Hospital endures dramatic tension often occurring between enlisted men and drafted soldiers. After an 11-season run, more than 105 million viewers tuned in for the finale in 1983, a record that held until 2010.
Elsewhere, TV Land is also celebrating the 40th anniversary with a stunt starting at 5pm today with the first episode and the series finale. And M*A*S*H stars on Murder, She Wrote continues all this week with Jamie Farr today, Loretta Swit on Tuesday, Wayne Rogers on Wednesday, and David Ogden Stiers on Thursday. Tune in Mon-Thurs mornings at 8AM/7C for the rest of September!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 12
Bunk'd - "Luke's Back" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Luke gets some summer school help from Ravi and reunites with his siblings; Camp Kikiwaka and its rival engage in a turf war.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Commonism" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Auggie experiences an existential crisis while trying to figure out what he wants to be; Farkle and Maya are caught cheating on a test and must face the school honor board.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Second Thoughts" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Troy discusses her marriage troubles with Hattie.
Friday, February 12
- George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Watch George on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Jack is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christine Taylor (Hey Dude) - Christine talks about Zoolander 2 on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!/The Cleveland Show) - Seth discusses his Grammy nomination on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics/The Mindy Project) - Anders is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show/Malcolm & Eddie) - Malcolm-Jamal discusses his role as Al Cowlings in FX's American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Bailee Madison (Trophy Wife) - Bailee discusses her shows Good Witch, Once Upon a Time, and attending Fashion Week for the first time on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota talks about How to Be Single on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 at 8am.