Tuesday, September 11, 2012
As for off-network series, Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to the drama Numb3rs starring Rob Morrow, David Krumholtz, and Judd Hirsch. The drama is also coming to ION Television and MyNetwork TV this Fall, but it is leaving TNT. The series will air on Hallmark starting October 1 and will air Mondays in primetime at 8pm and 9pm, replacing two airings of Little House on the Prairie for the week. Other than that, no other schedule changes at all! This means, I Love Lucy remains from 5-8am, followed by The Golden Girls from 8-10pm leading into the original series block. Following that block, it's The Waltons still from 3-6pm, leading into Little House on the Prairie from 6-10pm (except 8-10pm on Mondays). From 10pm-12am, we still have our daily dose of Frasier, into Golden Girls from 12-2am. In the overnight, the gang from Cheers remain from 2-3am leading into spin-off Frasier from 3-5am.
On weekends, it's also status quo. On Saturdays, we have I Love Lucy from 5am-9am, then The Golden Girls thanks you for being a friend from 9-11am as it leads into movies through 1am. Late nights has more Golden Girls from 1-3am, into Frasier from 3-5am. Sundays is the same as Saturdays except there is one less movie as Frasier airs 11pm-1am. That's pretty much it, as there are no marathon stunts in October.
View the full Hallmark Channel Fall 2012 schedule. Stay with us should anything change or something changes later in the fall.
NBC has announced it will give a second sneak peek of new comedy Guys with Kids. Originally the upcoming new sitcom was set to premiere Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 8:30pm, but it will now air its second sneak peek on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at a special time of 9:30pm, following an encore of the Animal Practice pilot (yes, again) at 9. The series will preview tomorrow (Sept. 12) first at 10pm with the pilot episode. So if you're keeping score at home, Sept. 12 at 10pm is episode one, Sept. 19 at 9:30pm is episode two and Sept. 26 at 8:30pm is episode three (and this is its regular time period). I am not sure if this is good strategy by NBC or not, as it is confusing for viewers to know when its regular time period is. On the series premiere tomorrow night (Sept. 12), when Chris (Jesse Bradford) is asked out to a Knicks game, he must find a babysitter without his ex-wife Shelia (Erinn Hayes) finding out. Elsewhere, Gary (Anthony Anderson) and Marny (Tempestt Bledsoe) find an unusual spot for some alone time. Meanwhile, Nick (Zach Cregger) is in the dog house when he forgets about an important event with his wife, Emily (Jamie-Lynn Sigler).
Stay tuned tomorrow right here on the blog for our pilot review of Guys with Kids. We will detail it and tell you our thoughts and what the show is about before it premiere. So come on back!
We leave you today with a special sneak peek of the entire first episode of the upcoming new drama Last Resort presented by Yahoo! TV. We have been in love with this pilot since May. Now you will see why! The series premieres Thursday, Sept. 27 at 8/7c on ABC. The episode will be available through September 17 on Yahoo! TV:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.