Tuesday, September 11, 2012
As for off-network series, Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to the drama Numb3rs starring Rob Morrow, David Krumholtz, and Judd Hirsch. The drama is also coming to ION Television and MyNetwork TV this Fall, but it is leaving TNT. The series will air on Hallmark starting October 1 and will air Mondays in primetime at 8pm and 9pm, replacing two airings of Little House on the Prairie for the week. Other than that, no other schedule changes at all! This means, I Love Lucy remains from 5-8am, followed by The Golden Girls from 8-10pm leading into the original series block. Following that block, it's The Waltons still from 3-6pm, leading into Little House on the Prairie from 6-10pm (except 8-10pm on Mondays). From 10pm-12am, we still have our daily dose of Frasier, into Golden Girls from 12-2am. In the overnight, the gang from Cheers remain from 2-3am leading into spin-off Frasier from 3-5am.
On weekends, it's also status quo. On Saturdays, we have I Love Lucy from 5am-9am, then The Golden Girls thanks you for being a friend from 9-11am as it leads into movies through 1am. Late nights has more Golden Girls from 1-3am, into Frasier from 3-5am. Sundays is the same as Saturdays except there is one less movie as Frasier airs 11pm-1am. That's pretty much it, as there are no marathon stunts in October.
View the full Hallmark Channel Fall 2012 schedule. Stay with us should anything change or something changes later in the fall.
NBC has announced it will give a second sneak peek of new comedy Guys with Kids. Originally the upcoming new sitcom was set to premiere Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 8:30pm, but it will now air its second sneak peek on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at a special time of 9:30pm, following an encore of the Animal Practice pilot (yes, again) at 9. The series will preview tomorrow (Sept. 12) first at 10pm with the pilot episode. So if you're keeping score at home, Sept. 12 at 10pm is episode one, Sept. 19 at 9:30pm is episode two and Sept. 26 at 8:30pm is episode three (and this is its regular time period). I am not sure if this is good strategy by NBC or not, as it is confusing for viewers to know when its regular time period is. On the series premiere tomorrow night (Sept. 12), when Chris (Jesse Bradford) is asked out to a Knicks game, he must find a babysitter without his ex-wife Shelia (Erinn Hayes) finding out. Elsewhere, Gary (Anthony Anderson) and Marny (Tempestt Bledsoe) find an unusual spot for some alone time. Meanwhile, Nick (Zach Cregger) is in the dog house when he forgets about an important event with his wife, Emily (Jamie-Lynn Sigler).
Stay tuned tomorrow right here on the blog for our pilot review of Guys with Kids. We will detail it and tell you our thoughts and what the show is about before it premiere. So come on back!
We leave you today with a special sneak peek of the entire first episode of the upcoming new drama Last Resort presented by Yahoo! TV. We have been in love with this pilot since May. Now you will see why! The series premieres Thursday, Sept. 27 at 8/7c on ABC. The episode will be available through September 17 on Yahoo! TV:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, January 22
Son of Zorn - "Radioactive Ex-Girlfriend" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Craig and Edie’s engagement party around the corner, everyone is figuring out who to bring. Alan struggles to figure out his relationship status with Layla, while Zorn rekindles with his ex, Radiana (Olivia Wilde), who is literally radioactive. All the while, Craig has just received his certificate in relationship counseling and is helping others, but just can’t seem to help himself.
Bob's Burgers - "See Me Now" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Teddy organizes a day trip on his newly refurbished boat in an effort to impress his ex-wife, Denise. Meanwhile, Tina attempts to show that she is responsible enough for a cell phone by taking care of Bob’s prized eraser from the restaurant. Can both Teddy and Tina prove themselves.
The Simpsons - "Friends and Family" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mr. Burns hires the Simpsons to play his live-in virtual reality family, but excludes Homer so that he may play dad. Now alone, Homer finds a new best friend in girl-next-door Julia, who eats, drinks and thinks like him.
Son of Zorn - "The Battle of Self-Acceptance" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Craig is worried he’s not man enough for Edie and asks Zorn to help him become a warrior. Meanwhile, to get closer to Layla, Alan finds a way to change the thing about which he’s most insecure, but ends up going to extreme.
Family Guy - "Peternormal Activity" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The guys go to an abandoned asylum seeking inspiration for a new horror movie idea, but end up accidentally killing a man they think is keeping them hostage. Wracked with guilt, they each try to pin the murder on someone else. Meanwhile, Stewie is on a mission to destroy Brian’s glasses because he’s annoyed by how pretentious Brian’s been acting when he wears them.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-A-Witch" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.