Tuesday, September 11, 2012
As for off-network series, Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to the drama Numb3rs starring Rob Morrow, David Krumholtz, and Judd Hirsch. The drama is also coming to ION Television and MyNetwork TV this Fall, but it is leaving TNT. The series will air on Hallmark starting October 1 and will air Mondays in primetime at 8pm and 9pm, replacing two airings of Little House on the Prairie for the week. Other than that, no other schedule changes at all! This means, I Love Lucy remains from 5-8am, followed by The Golden Girls from 8-10pm leading into the original series block. Following that block, it's The Waltons still from 3-6pm, leading into Little House on the Prairie from 6-10pm (except 8-10pm on Mondays). From 10pm-12am, we still have our daily dose of Frasier, into Golden Girls from 12-2am. In the overnight, the gang from Cheers remain from 2-3am leading into spin-off Frasier from 3-5am.
On weekends, it's also status quo. On Saturdays, we have I Love Lucy from 5am-9am, then The Golden Girls thanks you for being a friend from 9-11am as it leads into movies through 1am. Late nights has more Golden Girls from 1-3am, into Frasier from 3-5am. Sundays is the same as Saturdays except there is one less movie as Frasier airs 11pm-1am. That's pretty much it, as there are no marathon stunts in October.
View the full Hallmark Channel Fall 2012 schedule. Stay with us should anything change or something changes later in the fall.
NBC has announced it will give a second sneak peek of new comedy Guys with Kids. Originally the upcoming new sitcom was set to premiere Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 8:30pm, but it will now air its second sneak peek on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at a special time of 9:30pm, following an encore of the Animal Practice pilot (yes, again) at 9. The series will preview tomorrow (Sept. 12) first at 10pm with the pilot episode. So if you're keeping score at home, Sept. 12 at 10pm is episode one, Sept. 19 at 9:30pm is episode two and Sept. 26 at 8:30pm is episode three (and this is its regular time period). I am not sure if this is good strategy by NBC or not, as it is confusing for viewers to know when its regular time period is. On the series premiere tomorrow night (Sept. 12), when Chris (Jesse Bradford) is asked out to a Knicks game, he must find a babysitter without his ex-wife Shelia (Erinn Hayes) finding out. Elsewhere, Gary (Anthony Anderson) and Marny (Tempestt Bledsoe) find an unusual spot for some alone time. Meanwhile, Nick (Zach Cregger) is in the dog house when he forgets about an important event with his wife, Emily (Jamie-Lynn Sigler).
Stay tuned tomorrow right here on the blog for our pilot review of Guys with Kids. We will detail it and tell you our thoughts and what the show is about before it premiere. So come on back!
We leave you today with a special sneak peek of the entire first episode of the upcoming new drama Last Resort presented by Yahoo! TV. We have been in love with this pilot since May. Now you will see why! The series premieres Thursday, Sept. 27 at 8/7c on ABC. The episode will be available through September 17 on Yahoo! TV:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, April 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Cognition Regeneration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard isn’t thrilled when Penny considers taking a new job offered by her ex-boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith).
The Great Indoors - "The Heartbreaker" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack sets up a double date to get Eddie out of a post-divorce rut, but the night gets awkward when they run into Denise (Essence Atkins), Eddie’s ex-wife. Also, when Emma decides to breakup with her boyfriend, Greg (Andy Ridings), Clark is torn between making a move on her and salvaging his friendship with Greg.
Mom - "A Cricket and a Hedge Made of Gold" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Marjorie takes a break from the group, Bonnie becomes the go-to for everyone’s problems, and Christy tries to overcome a painful memory from her past.
Life in Pieces - "Ear Scorn Registry Manuscript" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen goes to Tim for help with an embarrassing ailment, she begs him not to tell the family. Also, Dougie (Fortune Feimster) enlists Joan to help her buy a gift for Matt and Colleen’s wedding; Heather gets jealous when her friends want to include Jen in their mommy group; and Professor Sinclair Wilde (Cary Elwes) encourages Joan to ask her family to read a draft of her book.
Superstore - "Ladies' Lunch" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
During the morning meeting, Glenn (Mark McKinney) accidentally tells the employees the real reason Amy (America Ferrera) has been late to work lately. Meanwhile, Dina (Lauren Ash) tries to cheer up Amy by kidnapping her for a "ladies' lunch." Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) invent a game to pass the time, tricking Glenn and Mateo (Nico Santos) in the process. Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) helps Amy take a fearless step with a dramatic new look.
Superstore - "Cheyenne's Wedding" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) and Bo's (recurring guest star Johnny Pemberton) dream wedding, but not everything goes according to plan. Meanwhile, relationships unravel as Amy (America Ferrera) and Jonah (Ben Feldman) dodge relationship rumors. Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to change Jeff's (recurring guest star Michael Bunin) mind after learning of upcoming layoffs, Dina (Lauren Ash) talks her way into the wedding party and Mateo (Nico Santos) dodges Jeff throughout the wedding.
Thursday, April 27
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Benjamin Hickey (The Big C/It's All Relative) - John visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America chats about Superstore on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Geoff Stults (Enlisted) - Geoff is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael plays Pyramid on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Perrey Reeves (Entourage) - Perrey makes a kale salad on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena talks about A League of Their Own on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna talks about Superior Donuts on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.