Tuesday, September 11, 2012
As for off-network series, Hallmark Channel has acquired the rights to the drama Numb3rs starring Rob Morrow, David Krumholtz, and Judd Hirsch. The drama is also coming to ION Television and MyNetwork TV this Fall, but it is leaving TNT. The series will air on Hallmark starting October 1 and will air Mondays in primetime at 8pm and 9pm, replacing two airings of Little House on the Prairie for the week. Other than that, no other schedule changes at all! This means, I Love Lucy remains from 5-8am, followed by The Golden Girls from 8-10pm leading into the original series block. Following that block, it's The Waltons still from 3-6pm, leading into Little House on the Prairie from 6-10pm (except 8-10pm on Mondays). From 10pm-12am, we still have our daily dose of Frasier, into Golden Girls from 12-2am. In the overnight, the gang from Cheers remain from 2-3am leading into spin-off Frasier from 3-5am.
On weekends, it's also status quo. On Saturdays, we have I Love Lucy from 5am-9am, then The Golden Girls thanks you for being a friend from 9-11am as it leads into movies through 1am. Late nights has more Golden Girls from 1-3am, into Frasier from 3-5am. Sundays is the same as Saturdays except there is one less movie as Frasier airs 11pm-1am. That's pretty much it, as there are no marathon stunts in October.
View the full Hallmark Channel Fall 2012 schedule. Stay with us should anything change or something changes later in the fall.
NBC has announced it will give a second sneak peek of new comedy Guys with Kids. Originally the upcoming new sitcom was set to premiere Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 8:30pm, but it will now air its second sneak peek on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at a special time of 9:30pm, following an encore of the Animal Practice pilot (yes, again) at 9. The series will preview tomorrow (Sept. 12) first at 10pm with the pilot episode. So if you're keeping score at home, Sept. 12 at 10pm is episode one, Sept. 19 at 9:30pm is episode two and Sept. 26 at 8:30pm is episode three (and this is its regular time period). I am not sure if this is good strategy by NBC or not, as it is confusing for viewers to know when its regular time period is. On the series premiere tomorrow night (Sept. 12), when Chris (Jesse Bradford) is asked out to a Knicks game, he must find a babysitter without his ex-wife Shelia (Erinn Hayes) finding out. Elsewhere, Gary (Anthony Anderson) and Marny (Tempestt Bledsoe) find an unusual spot for some alone time. Meanwhile, Nick (Zach Cregger) is in the dog house when he forgets about an important event with his wife, Emily (Jamie-Lynn Sigler).
Stay tuned tomorrow right here on the blog for our pilot review of Guys with Kids. We will detail it and tell you our thoughts and what the show is about before it premiere. So come on back!
We leave you today with a special sneak peek of the entire first episode of the upcoming new drama Last Resort presented by Yahoo! TV. We have been in love with this pilot since May. Now you will see why! The series premieres Thursday, Sept. 27 at 8/7c on ABC. The episode will be available through September 17 on Yahoo! TV:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, September 25
Family Guy - "A Lot Going on Upstairs" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Stewie refuses to sleep in his own bed because of nightmares, Peter can’t stand it, so he goes to sleep in the attic. Peter turns the attic into a man cave and all of the guys begin hanging out there, which makes Lois incredibly angry. Meanwhile, Brian helps Stewie overcome his fears by building a device to go into his nightmares and defeat his demons.
Bob's Burgers - "Flu-oise" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When the youngest Belcher comes down with an epic case of the flu, Linda has a mishap as she tries to deliver Louise’s favorite toy to her daughter’s bedside. After Louise vows that she will never forgive her family for their mistake, she falls into a wild fever dream filled with familiar faces, zany musical numbers and a crazy adventure.
The Simpsons - "Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Springfield is burned to the ground, the Simpsons beg Mr. Burns to fund its rebuilding. Burns agrees – with one condition: he gets to put on a variety show at the Springfield Bowl.
Son of Zorn - "Defender of Teen Love" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After embarrassing Alan in front of his crush, Nancy, Zorn uses the Stone of Sight to spy on the girl for his son. Meanwhile, Edie is determined to move on and forces Zorn to finally move his old boxes out of her garage and into his own apartment.
Family Guy - "The Boy in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
The Last Man on Earth - "General Breast Theme with Cobras" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The safety of Tandy and the group is in jeopardy as armed intruders storm the Malibu beach near their home, and no one can agree on what to do. While Melissa takes drastic action, Tandy gets a new lesson in fashion.
K.C. Undercover - "In Too Deep 2" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The Volunteens give K.C. an assignment that pits her against Craig and his job of protecting the ambassador.
Bizaardvark - "Pretty-Con" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The annual beauty convention Pretty-Con comes to Vuuugle and Amelia obsesses with beating out a beauty guru for the Golden Powder Puff Award; Paige and Frankie agree to help so they can meet the host and debut their music video.
Sunday, September 25
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.