Tuesday, August 07, 2012
TV Land Fall 2012 Schedule Brings Back Cosby Show; The Hub's Primetime Sitcoms Return, Plus A Dogs Week Added
Now with The Cosby Show returning, TV Land will put Three's Company on hiatus after its September 15 morning airings. The classic '70s-80's sitcom was airing weeknights at 3:30am & 4am and weekends 7-9am and late nights. When The Cosby Show launches on Sept. 10, that week only, Three's Company will air at 3:30am during the week (Sept. 10-14) and Saturday 7-9am on Sept. 15, before going on hiatus. No word on when it will return but they still have rights to the series until fall 2013 and have renewed a few times already. So stay tuned!
The rest of the TV Land September 2012 schedule is pretty similar to what it is now, with just minor changes. As for stunts, besides that Cosby Show weekend stunt, there is a marathon of The Soul Man on Saturday, Sept. 1 from 1-7pm as it gets ready for its season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 10pm. On Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 3), TV Land will air an all-day M*A*S*H marathon from 8am-6pm, followed by a block of original sitcom The Exes from 6-9pm, as that sitcom will also have its season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 5. Back-to-back encores of The Soul Man will take over the Wednesday 10pm hour beginning Sept. 12. As for TV Land movies in September, they will premiere the movie Soul Food on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 2:30pm, with an encore on Sunday, Sept. 16 at 7am. Other movies for the month will be encores of Beauty Shop, Boys on the Side The First Wives Club, and In The Line of Fire - all airing the first two weekends (Sept. 1-2, Sept. 8-9) of the month.
View the FULL regular TV Land September 2012 schedule. Will there be more changes coming in October? We'll let you know, so stay with us!
As promised, The Hub will return to its sitcom line-up in primetime next week (Aug. 13-17). That means Mork & Mindy on Monday, Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Tuesday, The Facts of Life on Wednesday and ALF on Thursday -- all from 8-10pm, so mark your calendars and set reminders. However, Happy Days is still missing in action and is not scheduled. There is some more bad news (but not that bad), for the week of Aug. 20, The Hub will preempt the sitcoms again. The Hub will be giving every dog their chance for a moment in the spotlight during the network's annual "Dog Days of Summer" programming event, August 20-25, featuring a week of canine-themed movies (like Scooby-Doo) and culminating in a marathon of the popular animated series Pound Puppies (Saturday, August 25, 9-11 a.m. ET), produced by Hasbro Studios. Presumably, the sitcoms will be just off for that week and will return the week after (Aug. 27).
There has certainly been a lot of preempts in primetime lately, as last week (July 30) and this week (Aug. 6), The Hub has been airing a "Summer Nights" block from 8-10pm, which has the hottest Hub shows that both kids and their parents love to watch. Only ALF made the sitcom cut and has been airing in its Thursday block for these two weeks. Keep it right here for further updates and we'll keep you up to date if Fonzie and company will return to The Hub.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 6
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Fit for a Fling" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus' friends question him about his recent neurotic behavior and think it may be linked to his motivation to change.
Friday, May 6
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - Watch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric and his mom spill all his secrets on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh discusses Quantico on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Netflix's Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. Lily also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Lily will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. Jane visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea talks about Chelsea on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - People Now catches up with Kristin.
- Marliu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu Henner and her husband, Michael Brown, discuss their new book Changing Normal on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Mila appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.