Tuesday, August 07, 2012
TV Land Fall 2012 Schedule Brings Back Cosby Show; The Hub's Primetime Sitcoms Return, Plus A Dogs Week Added
Now with The Cosby Show returning, TV Land will put Three's Company on hiatus after its September 15 morning airings. The classic '70s-80's sitcom was airing weeknights at 3:30am & 4am and weekends 7-9am and late nights. When The Cosby Show launches on Sept. 10, that week only, Three's Company will air at 3:30am during the week (Sept. 10-14) and Saturday 7-9am on Sept. 15, before going on hiatus. No word on when it will return but they still have rights to the series until fall 2013 and have renewed a few times already. So stay tuned!
The rest of the TV Land September 2012 schedule is pretty similar to what it is now, with just minor changes. As for stunts, besides that Cosby Show weekend stunt, there is a marathon of The Soul Man on Saturday, Sept. 1 from 1-7pm as it gets ready for its season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 10pm. On Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 3), TV Land will air an all-day M*A*S*H marathon from 8am-6pm, followed by a block of original sitcom The Exes from 6-9pm, as that sitcom will also have its season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 5. Back-to-back encores of The Soul Man will take over the Wednesday 10pm hour beginning Sept. 12. As for TV Land movies in September, they will premiere the movie Soul Food on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 2:30pm, with an encore on Sunday, Sept. 16 at 7am. Other movies for the month will be encores of Beauty Shop, Boys on the Side The First Wives Club, and In The Line of Fire - all airing the first two weekends (Sept. 1-2, Sept. 8-9) of the month.
View the FULL regular TV Land September 2012 schedule. Will there be more changes coming in October? We'll let you know, so stay with us!
As promised, The Hub will return to its sitcom line-up in primetime next week (Aug. 13-17). That means Mork & Mindy on Monday, Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Tuesday, The Facts of Life on Wednesday and ALF on Thursday -- all from 8-10pm, so mark your calendars and set reminders. However, Happy Days is still missing in action and is not scheduled. There is some more bad news (but not that bad), for the week of Aug. 20, The Hub will preempt the sitcoms again. The Hub will be giving every dog their chance for a moment in the spotlight during the network's annual "Dog Days of Summer" programming event, August 20-25, featuring a week of canine-themed movies (like Scooby-Doo) and culminating in a marathon of the popular animated series Pound Puppies (Saturday, August 25, 9-11 a.m. ET), produced by Hasbro Studios. Presumably, the sitcoms will be just off for that week and will return the week after (Aug. 27).
There has certainly been a lot of preempts in primetime lately, as last week (July 30) and this week (Aug. 6), The Hub has been airing a "Summer Nights" block from 8-10pm, which has the hottest Hub shows that both kids and their parents love to watch. Only ALF made the sitcom cut and has been airing in its Thursday block for these two weeks. Keep it right here for further updates and we'll keep you up to date if Fonzie and company will return to The Hub.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, November 28
Henry Danger - "Christmas Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man gets arrested for committing a petty crime, he is forced to spend Christmas in jail. Henry and Charlotte must try to help Captain Man have a good Christmas in jail.
Game Shakers - "A Reggae Potato Christmas" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit Double G on the set of his live, self-indulgent "Double G's Christmas Special." During the opening number, his hair catches on fire and they must finish the show without him.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.