Tuesday, August 07, 2012
TV Land Fall 2012 Schedule Brings Back Cosby Show; The Hub's Primetime Sitcoms Return, Plus A Dogs Week Added
Now with The Cosby Show returning, TV Land will put Three's Company on hiatus after its September 15 morning airings. The classic '70s-80's sitcom was airing weeknights at 3:30am & 4am and weekends 7-9am and late nights. When The Cosby Show launches on Sept. 10, that week only, Three's Company will air at 3:30am during the week (Sept. 10-14) and Saturday 7-9am on Sept. 15, before going on hiatus. No word on when it will return but they still have rights to the series until fall 2013 and have renewed a few times already. So stay tuned!
The rest of the TV Land September 2012 schedule is pretty similar to what it is now, with just minor changes. As for stunts, besides that Cosby Show weekend stunt, there is a marathon of The Soul Man on Saturday, Sept. 1 from 1-7pm as it gets ready for its season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 10pm. On Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 3), TV Land will air an all-day M*A*S*H marathon from 8am-6pm, followed by a block of original sitcom The Exes from 6-9pm, as that sitcom will also have its season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 5. Back-to-back encores of The Soul Man will take over the Wednesday 10pm hour beginning Sept. 12. As for TV Land movies in September, they will premiere the movie Soul Food on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 2:30pm, with an encore on Sunday, Sept. 16 at 7am. Other movies for the month will be encores of Beauty Shop, Boys on the Side The First Wives Club, and In The Line of Fire - all airing the first two weekends (Sept. 1-2, Sept. 8-9) of the month.
View the FULL regular TV Land September 2012 schedule. Will there be more changes coming in October? We'll let you know, so stay with us!
As promised, The Hub will return to its sitcom line-up in primetime next week (Aug. 13-17). That means Mork & Mindy on Monday, Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Tuesday, The Facts of Life on Wednesday and ALF on Thursday -- all from 8-10pm, so mark your calendars and set reminders. However, Happy Days is still missing in action and is not scheduled. There is some more bad news (but not that bad), for the week of Aug. 20, The Hub will preempt the sitcoms again. The Hub will be giving every dog their chance for a moment in the spotlight during the network's annual "Dog Days of Summer" programming event, August 20-25, featuring a week of canine-themed movies (like Scooby-Doo) and culminating in a marathon of the popular animated series Pound Puppies (Saturday, August 25, 9-11 a.m. ET), produced by Hasbro Studios. Presumably, the sitcoms will be just off for that week and will return the week after (Aug. 27).
There has certainly been a lot of preempts in primetime lately, as last week (July 30) and this week (Aug. 6), The Hub has been airing a "Summer Nights" block from 8-10pm, which has the hottest Hub shows that both kids and their parents love to watch. Only ALF made the sitcom cut and has been airing in its Thursday block for these two weeks. Keep it right here for further updates and we'll keep you up to date if Fonzie and company will return to The Hub.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, August 24
The Goldbergs - "The Dirty Dancing Dance" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Beverly helps Erica plan a “Dirty Dancing” themed dance at school, only to turn on Erica when she realizes it may be inappropriate. Meanwhile, Murray tries to learn dancing with Adam with little luck.
The Goldbergs - "12 Tapes for a Penny" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Adam learns about a mail-order music club and sets up a scheme to get as many tapes as possible, but Beverly believes Erica is behind it all. Meanwhile, Barry works on getting the approval of Bill, Lainey’s father, but he refuses to budge.
The Goldbergs - "Big Orange" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Barry’s favorite shirt is hated by Beverly and girlfriend Lainey, so they hatch a plan together to destroy it. Once his shirt goes missing, Barry asks Adam and Erica to investigate. Meanwhile, Murray decides to tear down the family tree house, leaving Adam distraught.
The Goldbergs - "Dungeons and Dragons, Anyone?" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Adam convinces Coach Mellor to let him be team captain in gym class. He betrays his friends by picking the jocks first, causing the two rivaling squads to battle it out with the game the nerds know best – Dungeons and Dragons! Meanwhile, Erica decides where she wants to go to college but encounters resistance from both Beverly and Murray.
Modern Family - "Express Yourself" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil has the crazy idea of going on a spontaneous trip to Paris with Claire; the only problem is that they are both so ridiculously tired but try to push through it. Meanwhile, Jay has taken over their bathroom remodel, which proves to be pretty hazardous for Gloria, Manny and Joe. Cameron’s sister Pam is staying at the house after her husband has left her, but her emotional outbursts are driving Mitchell crazy, and he’s afraid it’s setting a bad example for Lily. And Haley and Andy go on a wild night bender.
black-ish - "Hope" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the kids ask some tough questions in the midst of a highly publicized court case involving alleged police brutality and an African-American teenager, Dre and Bow are conflicted on how best to field them. Dre, along with Pops and Ruby, feel the kids need to know what kind of world they’re living in, while Bow would like to give them a more hopeful view about life. When the verdict is announced, the family handles the news in different ways while watching the community react.
Bunk'd - "Dance in My Pants" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Tiffany and Zuri are hoping they'll dance with a cute boy at the annual dance; Emma finds out that Lou and Xander have a history.
Wednesday, August 24
- John Krasinski (The Office) - Watch John on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Maron appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry guest co-hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika is a guest on Popcorn with Peter Travers on ABC News.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local lisitngs.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary teams with Michael Symon to make a Chicken Parmesan Hero on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Tia Mowry (Instant Mom/The Game/Sister, Sister) - Tia will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings/Marry Me) - Casey talks about One Mississippi on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sabrina Carpenter (Girl Meets World) - Sabrina dishes on the fate of Girl Meets World Season 4 and the big wedding scene on People Now at 8:30am.
- John Krasinski (The Office), Charlie Day (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and Margo Martindale (The Millers) - The cast of The Hollars will be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Joey Bragg (Liv and Maddie) - Joey is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.