Tuesday, August 07, 2012
TV Land Fall 2012 Schedule Brings Back Cosby Show; The Hub's Primetime Sitcoms Return, Plus A Dogs Week Added
Now with The Cosby Show returning, TV Land will put Three's Company on hiatus after its September 15 morning airings. The classic '70s-80's sitcom was airing weeknights at 3:30am & 4am and weekends 7-9am and late nights. When The Cosby Show launches on Sept. 10, that week only, Three's Company will air at 3:30am during the week (Sept. 10-14) and Saturday 7-9am on Sept. 15, before going on hiatus. No word on when it will return but they still have rights to the series until fall 2013 and have renewed a few times already. So stay tuned!
The rest of the TV Land September 2012 schedule is pretty similar to what it is now, with just minor changes. As for stunts, besides that Cosby Show weekend stunt, there is a marathon of The Soul Man on Saturday, Sept. 1 from 1-7pm as it gets ready for its season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 10pm. On Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 3), TV Land will air an all-day M*A*S*H marathon from 8am-6pm, followed by a block of original sitcom The Exes from 6-9pm, as that sitcom will also have its season finale on Wednesday, Sept. 5. Back-to-back encores of The Soul Man will take over the Wednesday 10pm hour beginning Sept. 12. As for TV Land movies in September, they will premiere the movie Soul Food on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 2:30pm, with an encore on Sunday, Sept. 16 at 7am. Other movies for the month will be encores of Beauty Shop, Boys on the Side The First Wives Club, and In The Line of Fire - all airing the first two weekends (Sept. 1-2, Sept. 8-9) of the month.
View the FULL regular TV Land September 2012 schedule. Will there be more changes coming in October? We'll let you know, so stay with us!
As promised, The Hub will return to its sitcom line-up in primetime next week (Aug. 13-17). That means Mork & Mindy on Monday, Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Tuesday, The Facts of Life on Wednesday and ALF on Thursday -- all from 8-10pm, so mark your calendars and set reminders. However, Happy Days is still missing in action and is not scheduled. There is some more bad news (but not that bad), for the week of Aug. 20, The Hub will preempt the sitcoms again. The Hub will be giving every dog their chance for a moment in the spotlight during the network's annual "Dog Days of Summer" programming event, August 20-25, featuring a week of canine-themed movies (like Scooby-Doo) and culminating in a marathon of the popular animated series Pound Puppies (Saturday, August 25, 9-11 a.m. ET), produced by Hasbro Studios. Presumably, the sitcoms will be just off for that week and will return the week after (Aug. 27).
There has certainly been a lot of preempts in primetime lately, as last week (July 30) and this week (Aug. 6), The Hub has been airing a "Summer Nights" block from 8-10pm, which has the hottest Hub shows that both kids and their parents love to watch. Only ALF made the sitcom cut and has been airing in its Thursday block for these two weeks. Keep it right here for further updates and we'll keep you up to date if Fonzie and company will return to The Hub.
The Middle - "Vacation Days" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After being forced by his work to take a paid vacation, Mike tries to relax but finds his alone time being invaded by Brick, who wants to cash in and implement all of the personal gift coupons he has given his dad for Father's Day and birthdays over the years. Meanwhile, Frankie is livid when she discovers that Axl has been hanging out at the Donahues for the past few days and didn't let her know that he was even in town, and Sue is horrified when she discovers that someone has given her service at Spudsy Malone’s a bad review online and overreacts in her efforts to better please the customers.
Suburgatory - "Blame it on the Rainstick" (ABC, 8:30PM/ET) (Repeat)
When Noah is released from a court mandated anger management program, George is shocked to find a docile Noah has replaced his former hot-headed friend. Shaken by the change, George decides to put the new Noah to the test. Meanwhile, Tessa ditches “senior tanning” and meets a cool new age band hanging out at the park. The free spirited music group isn’t exactly what they appear.
Modern Family - "The Big Game" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With a big football game coming up and a record to break, Coach Cam is intensely focused and showing no mercy even when the opposing team is playing with an unexpected disadvantage. Elsewhere, Claire is determined to prove to the staff that she is more than just the boss’s daughter, and Phil tries to teach his kids a lesson about optimism, but the universe just isn’t cooperating.
Mixology - "Jessica & Ron" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jessica regrets sending a naked photo to Ron and sets out to get him to delete it after realizing she barely knows him. Meanwhile, Liv complicates things between Jessica and Ron and Maya hits it off with an attractive guy who gives her an offer she can’t refuse…or can she? And the chance to hook up is in Bruce’s favor when he meets a woman who is into red-heads, but things quickly begin to look grim when a famous red-head also enters the bar.
Melissa & Joey - "Born to Run" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mel's father sends out a racy photograph; Ryder tries to come up with a winning business idea.
Baby Daddy - "Play It Again, Bonnie" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Bonnie asks Tucker for help in reconnecting with her former boyfriend.
Hot in Cleveland - "The Undead" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Elka (Betty White) throws a fake funeral for Victoria so she can join her husband in hiding. Her nemesis, Susan Lucci attends. Simon (Craig Ferguson) and Joy face a dilemma in their relationship.
Guest Stars: Craig Ferguson, Susan Lucci, Matt Iseman, David Cheaney, Laird MacIntosh
The Soul Man - "Oh My Goddy" (TV Land, 11:00PM ET/PT)
Boyce feels the pressure when he's nominated for a big award. So he goes above and beyond to brand himself as the "Second Chance Preacher."
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Reunited" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph and Leslie work on their relationship.
Wednesday, April 16
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Kunal on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (The Job) - Denis appears on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi previews her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Billy stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin talks about new animated movie Rio 2 and her upcoming show at Carnegie Hall on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Alan Thicke (Growing Pains) - Alan talks about his TV and music career, his son Robin and new reality series, Unusually Thicke, on Katie, so check your local listings. He will also be on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am. Finally, he is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy takes us on a trip to her happy place...the drugstore on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tasha Smith (Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse/The Tom Show/Boston Common) and Michael Jai White (Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse) - Tasha and Jai are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS. He will also be on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie talks about Signed, Sealed, Delivered (premieres April 20 on Hallmark Channel) on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She is a guest on Howard Stern.
- Jaime Pressly (My Name Is Earl/I Hate My Teenage Daughter) - Jaime appears on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Seth Green (Dads/Greg the Bunny) - Seth is a guest on a repeat of @midnight at 12am on Comedy Central.