Monday, July 23, 2012
Nick at Nite's Scott Baio Sitcom Daddy's Home Starts Production, Gets Cast; Premiere of Sullivan & Son Does Well For TBS
We mentioned a few months ago that Nick at Nite had ordered 20 episodes of original comedy Daddy's Home starring Scott Baio, now we have some more details! The upcoming sitcom has started production and taping began on July 13. A multi-camera, half-hour comedy for Nick at Nite, Daddy's Home follows David Hobbs (Baio) an actor who, after ten years of starring as America's favorite TV dad, becomes a stay-at-home father to honor the deal he made with his soap star wife so that she may return to the limelight. We have some casting news, too. Joining Baio will be veteran TV star Mark Curry (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper), in his return to TV. Other stars on the series include the rest of the Hobbs family: Alanna Ubach, Ryan Whitney Newman, Jackson Brundage, Bailey Michelle Brown and Ramy Youssef. Directing will be Andrew Weyman. Creators/executive producers are Tina Albanese and Patrick Labyorteaux. More executive producers are Scott Baio, Nat Bernstein, Mitchel Katlin, Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey.
The sitcom comes from Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment and will premiere on Nick at Nite this Fall! Stay tuned for a premiere date and much more information as soon as we get it. The cable portion of the 2012 TCA summer press tour will be held Aug. 1-3, so we could have some more details by then on this sitcom. The series is being taped on stage 19 at Paramount Studios in Hollywood, CA. That is the same stage where Scott Baio taped Happy Days (Chachi!) in the '70s! Waa waa waa!
Last Thursday (July 19), 2.5 million total viewers cozied up to the bar for the series premiere of TBS's new sitcom Sullivan & Son. The series, starring popular comedian Steve Byrne, also nabbed 1.3 million viewers adults 18-49 (1.0 adults 18-49 rating) and 612,000 viewers adults 18-34. TBS followed the series premiere with a second episode, which averaged more than 2 million viewers, 1.0 million viewers adults 18-49 (0.8 adults 18-49 rating) and 456,000 viewers adults 18-34. In comparison, the TBS premiere of original sitcom Men at Work, which was renewed for a second season, opened similarly (but a tad higher) with 2.65 million total viewers for its premiere episode on May 24, along with 1.63 million viewers adults 18-49 (1.3 adults 18-49 rating) and 851,000 viewers adults 18-34. If Sullivan & Son remains steady in the ratings, it will likely be picked up for a second season as well. But it is still too early to tell.
TBS's Sullivan & Son stars Steve Byrne as a corporate attorney who finds new life behind the bar when he leaves his Manhattan lifestyle and moves to Pittsburgh to take over his parents' pub. Byrne is joined by a stellar ensemble cast that includes Dan Lauria, Jodi Long, Christine Ebersole, Owen Benjamin, Valerie Azlynn, Vivian Bang and Brian Doyle-Murray. Sullivan & Son is executive-produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley and showrunner Rob Long. Created by Long and Byrne, Sullivan & Son comes to TBS from Wild West Picture Show Productions, in association with Warner Horizon Television. Sullivan & Son airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) on TBS.
Stay tuned for updates from the TCA Summer 2012 Press Tour. First up will be Fox today, followed by two days of NBC on Tuesday and Wednesday. ABC will be up on Thursday and Friday (with their fall premiere dates still to be announced, likely will be on one of these days). The TCA Awards will be held on Saturday followed by CBS on Sunday. The CW will go next Monday leading into the cable portion on next Wed-Fri (Aug. 1-3). Stay with us for full coverage on all of this!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, November 28
Henry Danger - "Christmas Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man gets arrested for committing a petty crime, he is forced to spend Christmas in jail. Henry and Charlotte must try to help Captain Man have a good Christmas in jail.
Game Shakers - "A Reggae Potato Christmas" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit Double G on the set of his live, self-indulgent "Double G's Christmas Special." During the opening number, his hair catches on fire and they must finish the show without him.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.