Monday, July 23, 2012
Nick at Nite's Scott Baio Sitcom Daddy's Home Starts Production, Gets Cast; Premiere of Sullivan & Son Does Well For TBS
We mentioned a few months ago that Nick at Nite had ordered 20 episodes of original comedy Daddy's Home starring Scott Baio, now we have some more details! The upcoming sitcom has started production and taping began on July 13. A multi-camera, half-hour comedy for Nick at Nite, Daddy's Home follows David Hobbs (Baio) an actor who, after ten years of starring as America's favorite TV dad, becomes a stay-at-home father to honor the deal he made with his soap star wife so that she may return to the limelight. We have some casting news, too. Joining Baio will be veteran TV star Mark Curry (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper), in his return to TV. Other stars on the series include the rest of the Hobbs family: Alanna Ubach, Ryan Whitney Newman, Jackson Brundage, Bailey Michelle Brown and Ramy Youssef. Directing will be Andrew Weyman. Creators/executive producers are Tina Albanese and Patrick Labyorteaux. More executive producers are Scott Baio, Nat Bernstein, Mitchel Katlin, Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey.
The sitcom comes from Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment and will premiere on Nick at Nite this Fall! Stay tuned for a premiere date and much more information as soon as we get it. The cable portion of the 2012 TCA summer press tour will be held Aug. 1-3, so we could have some more details by then on this sitcom. The series is being taped on stage 19 at Paramount Studios in Hollywood, CA. That is the same stage where Scott Baio taped Happy Days (Chachi!) in the '70s! Waa waa waa!
Last Thursday (July 19), 2.5 million total viewers cozied up to the bar for the series premiere of TBS's new sitcom Sullivan & Son. The series, starring popular comedian Steve Byrne, also nabbed 1.3 million viewers adults 18-49 (1.0 adults 18-49 rating) and 612,000 viewers adults 18-34. TBS followed the series premiere with a second episode, which averaged more than 2 million viewers, 1.0 million viewers adults 18-49 (0.8 adults 18-49 rating) and 456,000 viewers adults 18-34. In comparison, the TBS premiere of original sitcom Men at Work, which was renewed for a second season, opened similarly (but a tad higher) with 2.65 million total viewers for its premiere episode on May 24, along with 1.63 million viewers adults 18-49 (1.3 adults 18-49 rating) and 851,000 viewers adults 18-34. If Sullivan & Son remains steady in the ratings, it will likely be picked up for a second season as well. But it is still too early to tell.
TBS's Sullivan & Son stars Steve Byrne as a corporate attorney who finds new life behind the bar when he leaves his Manhattan lifestyle and moves to Pittsburgh to take over his parents' pub. Byrne is joined by a stellar ensemble cast that includes Dan Lauria, Jodi Long, Christine Ebersole, Owen Benjamin, Valerie Azlynn, Vivian Bang and Brian Doyle-Murray. Sullivan & Son is executive-produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley and showrunner Rob Long. Created by Long and Byrne, Sullivan & Son comes to TBS from Wild West Picture Show Productions, in association with Warner Horizon Television. Sullivan & Son airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) on TBS.
Stay tuned for updates from the TCA Summer 2012 Press Tour. First up will be Fox today, followed by two days of NBC on Tuesday and Wednesday. ABC will be up on Thursday and Friday (with their fall premiere dates still to be announced, likely will be on one of these days). The TCA Awards will be held on Saturday followed by CBS on Sunday. The CW will go next Monday leading into the cable portion on next Wed-Fri (Aug. 1-3). Stay with us for full coverage on all of this!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.