Monday, July 23, 2012
Nick at Nite's Scott Baio Sitcom Daddy's Home Starts Production, Gets Cast; Premiere of Sullivan & Son Does Well For TBS
We mentioned a few months ago that Nick at Nite had ordered 20 episodes of original comedy Daddy's Home starring Scott Baio, now we have some more details! The upcoming sitcom has started production and taping began on July 13. A multi-camera, half-hour comedy for Nick at Nite, Daddy's Home follows David Hobbs (Baio) an actor who, after ten years of starring as America's favorite TV dad, becomes a stay-at-home father to honor the deal he made with his soap star wife so that she may return to the limelight. We have some casting news, too. Joining Baio will be veteran TV star Mark Curry (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper), in his return to TV. Other stars on the series include the rest of the Hobbs family: Alanna Ubach, Ryan Whitney Newman, Jackson Brundage, Bailey Michelle Brown and Ramy Youssef. Directing will be Andrew Weyman. Creators/executive producers are Tina Albanese and Patrick Labyorteaux. More executive producers are Scott Baio, Nat Bernstein, Mitchel Katlin, Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey.
The sitcom comes from Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment and will premiere on Nick at Nite this Fall! Stay tuned for a premiere date and much more information as soon as we get it. The cable portion of the 2012 TCA summer press tour will be held Aug. 1-3, so we could have some more details by then on this sitcom. The series is being taped on stage 19 at Paramount Studios in Hollywood, CA. That is the same stage where Scott Baio taped Happy Days (Chachi!) in the '70s! Waa waa waa!
Last Thursday (July 19), 2.5 million total viewers cozied up to the bar for the series premiere of TBS's new sitcom Sullivan & Son. The series, starring popular comedian Steve Byrne, also nabbed 1.3 million viewers adults 18-49 (1.0 adults 18-49 rating) and 612,000 viewers adults 18-34. TBS followed the series premiere with a second episode, which averaged more than 2 million viewers, 1.0 million viewers adults 18-49 (0.8 adults 18-49 rating) and 456,000 viewers adults 18-34. In comparison, the TBS premiere of original sitcom Men at Work, which was renewed for a second season, opened similarly (but a tad higher) with 2.65 million total viewers for its premiere episode on May 24, along with 1.63 million viewers adults 18-49 (1.3 adults 18-49 rating) and 851,000 viewers adults 18-34. If Sullivan & Son remains steady in the ratings, it will likely be picked up for a second season as well. But it is still too early to tell.
TBS's Sullivan & Son stars Steve Byrne as a corporate attorney who finds new life behind the bar when he leaves his Manhattan lifestyle and moves to Pittsburgh to take over his parents' pub. Byrne is joined by a stellar ensemble cast that includes Dan Lauria, Jodi Long, Christine Ebersole, Owen Benjamin, Valerie Azlynn, Vivian Bang and Brian Doyle-Murray. Sullivan & Son is executive-produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley and showrunner Rob Long. Created by Long and Byrne, Sullivan & Son comes to TBS from Wild West Picture Show Productions, in association with Warner Horizon Television. Sullivan & Son airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) on TBS.
Stay tuned for updates from the TCA Summer 2012 Press Tour. First up will be Fox today, followed by two days of NBC on Tuesday and Wednesday. ABC will be up on Thursday and Friday (with their fall premiere dates still to be announced, likely will be on one of these days). The TCA Awards will be held on Saturday followed by CBS on Sunday. The CW will go next Monday leading into the cable portion on next Wed-Fri (Aug. 1-3). Stay with us for full coverage on all of this!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 26
Monday, January 26
- Louis CK (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony is a guest on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down), John Gemberling (Broad City/Marry Me) and Tymberlee Hill (Marry Me/The Hotwives of Orlando) - Ken, John and Tymberlee are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Full House/How I Met Your Mother) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits The Real, so check your local listings. She also guest-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario and his wife Courtney are guests on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal - NeNe talks about the highlights of the SAG Awards on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Josh Molina (Sports Night) - Josh is a guest on SI Now.