Monday, August 06, 2012
Welcome to the 2012 edition of our annual look at the fall schedules for cable and digital TV! We are launching this schedule barrage with TBS! They will be making changes to their sitcom line-up starting Monday, Sept. 17. The newest addition to the weekday line-up will be a strip of Are We There Yet? The sitcom will now air five days a week...and with brand new episodes that have never been aired. The series, which stars Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris) and Essence Atkins (Half and Half), is produced by Revolution Studios and Cube Vision and distributed by Debmar-Mercury. In addition to executive producing, Ice Cube plays a recurring guest starring role. After being a hit for its first 10 episodes, TBS ordered 90 episodes, but the sitcom has not aired in primetime since May 2011 after airing 36 episodes of the 90 episode order. Now the series is entering syndication this fall on both local channels (check your local listings, WWOR in NYC will air it at 11am) and TBS and they both will air the remaining all-new episodes. That will be around 54 brand new episodes.
Before we get into the TBS timeslot for Are We There Yet?, we'll discuss the full changes for TBS this fall. The schedule changes will be made for weekdays 7am-2pm. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will be moving to the earlier 7am hour, as it and Home Improvement will switch hours. The Tim Allen comedy will now air an hour later in the 8am hour. At 9am, According to Jim moves to an earlier hour with back-to-back episodes replacing an episode each of Fresh Prince and House of Payne. TBS will make 10am-1pm their African-American sitcom block. Another episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will air at 10am leading into back-to-back House of Payne at 10:30am and 11am. At 11:30am, we have an episode of Meet the Browns, which will lead into the off-network premiere of Are We There Yet? at 12 noon. And the African-American block closes at 12:30pm with another Meet the Browns. The 1pm hour will be just a timeslot switch, with now My Name is Earl leading off the hour and American Dad! closing the hour.
The rest of the weekday schedule will remain intact from 2pm-6am. We have a block of Everybody Loves Raymond from 2-4pm, then Friends from 4-6pm, leading into an hour each of King of Queens at 6 and Seinfeld at 7. Primetime will remain the same from 8-11pm with Family Guy, The Big Bang Theory, movies, and House of Payne and For Better or Worse on Friday nights. Late nights will still have Conan at 11, leading into an hour of The Office at midnight. Then at 1am, there is an encore of Conan leading into two episodes of Seinfeld at 2am. 3-5am will see a movie, with the a filler of Married...with Children here and there, but that sitcom airs 5-7am still. On Saturdays, the only schedule change will be a Saturday airing of Are We There Yet? at 9:30am replacing one airing of the My Name is Earl block, which will remain from 7-9:30am. Later in the day, The King of Queens moves from 4-5pm to 6-7pm, as Friends will now air from 4-6pm on Saturdays as well.
Later this year in primetime, TBS will also debut the original scripted comedy series Wedding Band, followed in early 2013 by the premiere of Cougar Town, now a TBS original series. TBS will also air a season two of Men at Work in 2013.
View the full TBS Fall 2012 schedule. We're not sure if any more changes are coming, as this only cover the last two weeks of September. With the MLB Playoffs starting in October, there will likely be no other changes to the schedule...but if there is, we will let you know. Stay with us!
Frasier is returning to Lifetime today! After leaving the schedule in March 2011, the sitcom is now back on the cable network. As a result, WE tv will no longer air the series. However, The Hallmark Channel will still air it, so both Lifetime and Hallmark will now share the rights. Lifetime will air the series in lieu of them losing the rights to Reba, which are now at ABC Family and CMT. Frasier will be airing on Lifetime weekdays from 9-11am, which starts today. Starting next Monday, the sitcom will also air Monday evenings from 4:30pm-8pm replacing the Reba Monday block. Today in that block, Lifetime is airing a Trading Spouses marathon from 12-8pm.
Frasier will air in between Will & Grace (8-9am) and Old Christine (11am-1pm). As for WE tv, they were airing Frasier weekdays 2-4pm but stopped after July 31, as their rights now go to Lifetime. Stay with us for more on WE tv, when we release their fall 2012 schedule. Will Lifetime make changes in September as well? Stay tuned...
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.