Monday, July 30, 2012
TCA Summer 2012 Press Tour: CBS and The CW; MeTV Network Coming to 5 More Markets; Sullivan & Son Grows for TBS
Then today, The CW will be up. Breakfast will be sponsored by the summer reality series Oh Sit! with Jamie Kennedy. After that, there will a panel with the cast and crew of the new drama Arrow, which is coming this fall. Then it is time for the executive session with Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW. If there is anything of note, we will come back and post it here. After that, it's time for more series panels. We have one for the new drama Emily Owens M.D., which stars Mamie Gummer. And finally, the last panel will be for the new version of Beauty and the Best. That concludes The CW, as in the afternoon Showtime will take over with panels for Weeds, Dexter and Homeland.
Weigel Broadcasting Co. and Hearst Television announce an affiliation agreement in which five additional Hearst markets will be adding the MeTV Network to its local stations. Joining MeTV will be WCVB, Boston; KCRA, Sacramento; WBAL, Baltimore; KOCO, Oklahoma City and WXII, Greensboro. This brings the total of Hearst's MeTV Network affiliates to 13. In addition, Hearst has extended its commitment to the network with the renewal of its existing nine MeTV affiliate agreements to 2015. As you know, MeTV features a wide range of programming which audiences and advertisers find comfortable and engaging. Me-TV's library includes almost 100 series from Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, CBS Television Distribution, NBCUniversal Television as well as many independent series owners and producers. MeTV's line-up include some of the most beloved television programs ever produced, including: M*A*S*H, The Brady Bunch, Green Acres, The Beverly Hillbillies, Perry Mason, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Gunsmoke, That Girl, I Love Lucy, and Hawaii Five-O series.
And finally, the second week (third episode) of TBS's popular new sitcom Sullivan & Son drew 2.5 million viewers on Thursday night, matching previous week's series launch while also outperforming previous Thursday's special two-episode premiere average by +9%. Among TBS' targeted demos, Thursday night's episode of Sullivan & Son brought in 615,000 adults 18-34 (+15% vs. previous week's two-episode average) and 1.2 million adults 18-49 (+5%), with a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating (tying MTV's Snooki & JWOWW head-to-head).
The telecast of Sullivan & Son's third episode also drew +22% more viewers, +35% more adults 18-34 and +15% more adults 18-49 (grew from a 0.8 to a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating) than the series' second episode (previous Thursday at 10:30pm). Sullivan & Son airs Thursdays at 10pm (ET/PT) on TBS, which episode four airing this Thursday (August 2). Ten episodes in all will air, with the finale scheduled for Sept. 13.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.