Friday, July 27, 2012
TCA Summer 2012 Press Tour: ABC Day 2: Fall 2012 Premiere Dates, Dancing All-Star Cast; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 30, 2012)
Today at the TCA Summer 2012 Press Tour, ABC will finish up their portion with its second day. Before we get into that, we have the ABC Fall 2012 premiere dates that were announced. But wait, there is one schedule change. New sitcom The Neighbors will premiere on Wednesday, September 26 at 9:30pm following Modern Family, but then it will be moving to its regular time period at 8:30pm starting the following week on Wednesday, October 3. This means The Neighbors and Suburgatory will be switching timeslots. More on Suburgatory in a bit, but onto the premiere dates, ABC will kick off the new season on Friday, Sept. 14 with the season premieres of Shark Tank, What Would You Do? and 20/20. This line-up will run seven weeks in a row before Friday night staple Shark Tank moves to 9pm starting Friday, Nov. 2 to anchor the night. The season premiere of the Tim Allen sitcom Last Man Standing, on its new night, and the series premiere of the new Reba McEntire sitcom Malibu Country will launch in the 8pm hour on that same night. What Would You Do? will return later in the 2012-13 season for more all-new episodes following the initial seven weeks. On Mondays, Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars will premiere on Monday, Sept. 24, the official start of the 2012-13 TV season, from 8-10pm leading into the season premiere of the veteran series Castle. The next night, Tuesday, Sept. 25 will have a special two-hour Dancing with the Stars: The Results leading into the season premiere of Private Practice at 10. The new comedy hour of Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B---- In Apartment 23 will have their season premieres about a month later on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 9pm. It is expected that on weeks two and three (Oct. 2 and 9), ABC will air Dancing with the Stars: The Results at 9pm after probably a recap/special at 8pm. There will be a Vice Presidential Debate on Tuesday, Oct. 16, so ABC will air that live at 9pm ET/6pm PT. No word yet on how ABC will handle that night, but a Dancing recap will likely air at 8pm and Dancing with the Stars: The Results is likely going to air on a special night this week on Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 8pm, but we are speculating.
Onto Wednesdays, The Middle will have a special one-hour season premiere from 8-9pm on Wednesday, Sept. 26. Modern Family will have its season premiere on the same night at 9pm leading into the series premiere of The Neighbors at a special time of 9:30pm. As we mentioned, the new family comedy would then move to 8:30pm the following week on Oct. 3 following The Middle. And on Wednesday, Oct. 3, the first Presidential Debate will air live at 9pm ET/6pm PT from Denver, so ABC will be forced to preempt Modern Family after only a week. However, on Wednesday, Oct. 10, ABC will air two all-new back-to-back episodes of Modern Family to fill that void from 9-10pm. And those two new episodes will give them a great launching pad for their new drama Nashville, which will premiere on that night, Oct. 10, at 10pm. ABC has not announced yet what will air on premiere Wednesday (Sept. 26) at 10pm, but word is ABC will be working on a Revenge special in its old timeslot to promote the move to Sundays at 9pm, which would be just a few days later. And finally for Wednesdays, we mentioned Suburgatory will be moving to a new timeslot of 9:30pm and it will premiere on Wednesday, Oct. 17 following Modern Family. On that night due to a debate the previous night (Oct. 16), as we mentioned, ABC could preempt The Middle and The Neighbors to air Dancing Results, perhaps that is why The Middle will have a one-hour premiere on Sept. 26.
Thursdays are not as tough to schedule as ABC will premiere all three of their Thursday dramas on Thursday, Sept. 27 starting with the series premiere of Last Resort, followed by the season premieres of two Shonda Rhimes series: Grey's Anatomy and Scandal. Like on Tuesday, and Wednesdays, there will be a Presidential Debate on Thursday, Oct. 11, that will preempt Grey's Anatomy and Scandal after two weeks, but Last Resort will likely still air on the night at 8pm. There is one final Presidential Debate on a Monday on Oct. 22, but we're not sure what ABC will do yet, most likely they will just air an hour of Dancing with the Stars performance instead of two-hours and Castle would be preempted. And finally on to Sundays, ABC will premiere their new drama block on Sept. 30 with the return of Once Upon a Time, new night and time for Revenge and the series premiere of new drama 666 Park Avenue. At 7pm on the night there will likely be a recap special or a repeat of last season's Once Upon a Time season finale leading into the new season premiere. Veteran series America's Funniest Home Videos would have its season premiere the following week on Sunday, Oct. 7. I think like last season, the ABC fall premiere dates are well mapped out and not jumbled into one week giving ample promo time for every series and scheduling around these four debates (not to mention Election Tuesday coming up on Nov. 6, which would likely have Dancing Results air on a Wednesday possibly for a second time). Take a look at the ABC Fall 2012 Premiere Dates in a list form.
Onto the actual ABC primetime series panels and executive session, up first after breakfast will be the cast and crew of upcoming new drama Nashville. Then it is time for the all-important executive session with Paul Lee, President, ABC Entertainment Group. That session will lead into the Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars panel, where the cast will be revealed! Check back below for the cast at approx. 1:30pm ET. Following that there will be a panel with the cast and crew of new comedy The Neighbors. Then it is off to lunch to refresh and get ready for six panels in a row. First after lunch will be upcoming supernatural drama 666 Park Avenue. Then we have a panel for the new sitcom Malibu Country, with Reba on hand. ABC will also have two panels for two new comedies launching later in the season: How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) and Family Tools, as both are expected to launch in January. Then we have a panel for the 64th Primetime Emmy® Awards, which will air on Sept. 23 on ABC hosted by Jimmy Kimmel. And the final panel, probably saving the best for last, will be for the new drama Last Resort. What a pilot that is! After all that it is time for all-star cocktail party as we join talent, executives and showrunners from ABC and ABC Family for drinks and nosh at the Beverly Hills Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars marks the first time prior contestants will return for another chance at winning the coveted mirror ball trophy for a very special All-Star season. From former champions to fan favorites, including a celebrity voted in by fans, the stars will return and will be paired with some of the world’s most decorated professional ballroom dancers for the most unforgettable season yet. Week to week these Dancing with the Stars alumni will once again compete to impress the judges and the viewers at home in order to be crowned the mirror ball champions.
In a show first, fans will determine who the final All-Star cast member will be. The three celebrities vying to fill the 13th spot on the cast are Sabrina Bryan, Carson Kressley and Kyle Massey. Fans can vote for their favorite Viewers' Choice: All-Star at www.ABC.com/DancingwiththeStars, presented by Diet Pepsi, starting today, Friday, July 27 at 10:30 a.m., PT through Friday, August 24 at 12:00 p.m., PT, to determine which of the three celebrities will be named the final All-Star contestant. Once voting has closed, the final cast member will be announced live on Good Morning America, on Monday, August 27.
The All-Star cast and their professional partners will take to the stage for the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars, Monday, Sept. 24 from 8:00-10:00pm, followed by the premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show on Tuesday, September 25 from 8:00-10:00pm on ABC.
As announced today, the 12 out of 13 All-Star celebrities returning to the dance floor this season are:
Kirstie Alley (Season 12 finalist), Pamela Anderson (Season 10 favorite), Helio Castroneves (Season 5 champion), Joey Fatone (Season 4 finalist), Shawn Johnson (Season 8 champion), Drew Lachey (Season 2 champion), Gilles Marini (Season 8 finalist), Kelly Monaco (Season 1 champion), Apolo Anton Ohno (Season 4 champion), Bristol Palin (Season 11 finalist), Melissa Rycroft )Season 8 finalist) and Emmitt Smith (Season 3 champion).
As announced, the three celebrity alumnus competing to be the "Viewer's Choice: All-Star" are: Sabrina Bryan (Season 5 favorite), Carson Kressley (Season 13 favorite) and Kyle Massey (Season 11 finalist). The three contestants competing to be the "Viewers' Choice: All-Star" will kick-off their campaign with their first television interview live in-studio on Good Morning America, Monday, July 30.
Professional dancer partner pairings will be announced live on ABC's Good Morning America, on Monday, August 13.
Stay tuned Sunday for TCA Summer 2012 Press Tour: CBS!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 30-August 3, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 30, 2012
- Joel McHale (Community) - Watch Joel on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kristen Johnston (The Exes/3rd Rock From the Sun) - Kristen appears on a repeat of Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - Rico is a guest on a repeat of The Nate Berkus Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jimmie Walker (Good Times) - Catch Jimmie on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. is a guest on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Afternoon America on Tuesday and Thursday at 2pm.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kim Coles (Living Single) - Kim drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse appears on a repeat of Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke is a guest on a repeat of The Nate Berkus Show, so check your local listings.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Tune in to see Rashida on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Stamos (Full House) - John stops by ABC's Good Afternoon America at 2pm.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City) - Kristin appears on ABC's Good Afternoon America at 2pm.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Watch Jon on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Cybill chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Melissa Peterman (Baby Daddy/Working Class/Reba) - Melissa is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Catch Rashida on Good Morning America between 7-9am on ABC.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Catch Rashida on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Caroline Rhea (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Caroline visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Marissa Jaret Winokur (Retired at 35) - Watch Marissa on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David is a guest on ABC's Good Afternoon America at 2pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 24
The Middle - "A Tough Pill to Swallow" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a devastated Sue discovers that she has been kicked out of college because she forgot to renew her financial aid, Mike tries to come to her rescue and convince a tough college bursar to reinstate her. Meanwhile, having only taken oral liquid medication all of his life, a frustrated Frankie does everything in her power to teach Brick how to swallow a pill when he gets an ear infection; and Hutch becomes angry with Axl after he keeps driving the Winnebago without permission to Orson to visit new girlfriend April – leaving Hutch without any means of transportation to get to class.
American Housewife - "Art Show" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Anna-Kat draws a super plus-sized portrait of Katie for the school art show, Katie sets out to retrieve it by any means necessary. Meanwhile, with Katie away, Doris is left in charge of Oliver and Taylor. She’s determined to whip them into shape with her Tiger Mom skills, but she may have met her match.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Coming From America" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis flies the entire family to Taiwan in an effort to make things right with Gene (Ken Jeong). Upon meeting Gene’s beautiful fiancé, Margaret, and seeing the wonderful life he has built for himself, Louis questions whether his life in Orlando is just as great as it could be in Taiwan. Meanwhile, Jessica takes Eddie, Emery and Evan to her favorite childhood locales, including Dihua Street and Shilin Night Market.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Match" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Jimmy recruits a reluctant Kenny to join his wrestling team for a one-time match, a surprise victory gives him the confidence to join the team full time to become the first, openly gay athlete at St. Barklays. Kenny’s newfound stardom makes Jimmy feel a bit replaced, but when an opponent refuses to wrestle his brother, Jimmy puts his feelings aside and rallies the team around Kenny. Meanwhile, Pat injures his back trying to help Eileen prepare for a weekend getaway, but things only get worse when she tries to be the perfect caregiver to impress VP Murray but fails miserably.
New Girl - "The Hike" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While on a day hike, Jess and Robby (guest star Nelson Franklin) discover something unexpected about their relationship. Also, Winston throws a surprise welcome home party for Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad). Meanwhile, Schmidt and Cece fail to impress their new neighbors.
The Mick - "The Master" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
All hell breaks loose, as the kids fight over who will take the master bedroom. Also, Mickey pursues a wealthy businessman who quickly discovers that she is not the prize he thought she was.
Teachers - "Stranger Danger" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
There’s a trespasser at Fillmore and a new security guard is hired. Ms. Snap and Ms. Bennigan hold a “Women Empowering Women” workshop, Mrs. Adler takes stranger danger too far, and Ms. Watson purchases a male safety dummy.
Tuesday, January 24
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Retta on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Claudia O'Doherty (Love) - Claudia is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John talks about Patriots Day on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina talks about the new Netflix series One Day at a Time on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.