Friday, July 13, 2012
ABC News and People's Best in TV: The Greatest TV Shows of Our Time; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 16, 2012)
ABC News and People Magazine are joining forces for their second special about the "best." In March 2011, ABC and People brought us the special ABC News and People's Best in Film: The Greatest Films of Our Time hosted by Tom Bergeron and Cynthia McFadden. Now ABC and People will bring us Best in TV: The Greatest TV Shows of Our Time! The film version brought in over seven million viewers during a two-hour special for ABC and did decent, so perhaps a TV one will do even better? Who better to host this than one of the best all-time people on TV? The legendary Barbara Walters has been tapped to host this two-hour special. There will be fifteen different categories to vote on. For example, the nominees for best TV comedy: All in the Family, Cheers, I Love Lucy, Seinfeld, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, M*A*S*H, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Cosby Show, The Honeymooners, and The Simpsons.
What are the greatest television shows of all time? Who are our favorite TV mom and dad? Who is our favorite television host of all time? It is America's turn to decide, as a collaboration between ABC News and People Magazine gives TV fans the opportunity to vote online at www.bestintelevision.com for their favorites of all time. The results will be revealed during an unprecedented two-hour broadcast hosted by Barbara Walters in September 2012, in conjunction with ABC's live broadcast of the Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 23. The program will include many classic clips from America's favorite shows, fresh interviews with some of the stars and directors of the winning television series, as well as outtakes, screen tests and rarely seen behind-the-scenes footage. Also, a panel of pop culture and television experts, including several editors and writers from People, will weigh in with their thoughts and memories.
The list of nominees was created after a focus group of several dozen of the industry's leading actors, directors, producers and TV journalists narrowed the field in a preliminary ballot from hundreds of popular shows both old and new. That panel of all-star voters included editors from People and Emmy winners and luminaries like Norman Lear, James L. Brooks, Stephen Bochco, Shonda Rhimes, Chuck Lorre, Tim Allen, Ryan Seacrest, Valerie Harper, and Eric Stonestreet. (View the list of the all-star preliminary vote panelists) Now it's time to for you to pick your favorites, share with your friends and help decide what is truly the Best in TV.
Start voting today and see if your picks are what was chosen by many others! While on the site, television fans also have the opportunity to view clips, slide shows and interviews. Voting is open through July 23. We'll bring you an official air date when we get word, so stay tuned.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 16-20, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 16, 2012
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Watch Charlie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried/Action) - Jay stops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock From the Sun) - Joseph appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Denis Leary (The Job) - Denis drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City) - Tune in to see Kristin on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Blair Underwood (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Blair appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mark Feurstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/The Cleveland Show) - Niecy chats on ABC's Good Morning America at 2pm.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America at 2pm.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Catch Roseanne on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jimmie Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie visits Tavis Smiley on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tiffani Amber Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Tiffani stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress), Kristin Davis (Sex and the City, Cybill Shepherd - John, Kristin and Cybill are guests on ABC's Good Afternoon America between 7-9am.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. is a guest on ABC's Good Afternoon America at 2pm.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan continues to make the rounds on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alan Thicke (Growing Pains) - Alan guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Catch Woody on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie continues to make the rounds on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Watch Jason on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria is a musical guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric visits Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.