Friday, July 13, 2012
ABC News and People's Best in TV: The Greatest TV Shows of Our Time; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 16, 2012)
ABC News and People Magazine are joining forces for their second special about the "best." In March 2011, ABC and People brought us the special ABC News and People's Best in Film: The Greatest Films of Our Time hosted by Tom Bergeron and Cynthia McFadden. Now ABC and People will bring us Best in TV: The Greatest TV Shows of Our Time! The film version brought in over seven million viewers during a two-hour special for ABC and did decent, so perhaps a TV one will do even better? Who better to host this than one of the best all-time people on TV? The legendary Barbara Walters has been tapped to host this two-hour special. There will be fifteen different categories to vote on. For example, the nominees for best TV comedy: All in the Family, Cheers, I Love Lucy, Seinfeld, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, M*A*S*H, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Cosby Show, The Honeymooners, and The Simpsons.
What are the greatest television shows of all time? Who are our favorite TV mom and dad? Who is our favorite television host of all time? It is America's turn to decide, as a collaboration between ABC News and People Magazine gives TV fans the opportunity to vote online at www.bestintelevision.com for their favorites of all time. The results will be revealed during an unprecedented two-hour broadcast hosted by Barbara Walters in September 2012, in conjunction with ABC's live broadcast of the Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 23. The program will include many classic clips from America's favorite shows, fresh interviews with some of the stars and directors of the winning television series, as well as outtakes, screen tests and rarely seen behind-the-scenes footage. Also, a panel of pop culture and television experts, including several editors and writers from People, will weigh in with their thoughts and memories.
The list of nominees was created after a focus group of several dozen of the industry's leading actors, directors, producers and TV journalists narrowed the field in a preliminary ballot from hundreds of popular shows both old and new. That panel of all-star voters included editors from People and Emmy winners and luminaries like Norman Lear, James L. Brooks, Stephen Bochco, Shonda Rhimes, Chuck Lorre, Tim Allen, Ryan Seacrest, Valerie Harper, and Eric Stonestreet. (View the list of the all-star preliminary vote panelists) Now it's time to for you to pick your favorites, share with your friends and help decide what is truly the Best in TV.
Start voting today and see if your picks are what was chosen by many others! While on the site, television fans also have the opportunity to view clips, slide shows and interviews. Voting is open through July 23. We'll bring you an official air date when we get word, so stay tuned.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 16-20, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 16, 2012
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Watch Charlie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried/Action) - Jay stops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock From the Sun) - Joseph appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Denis Leary (The Job) - Denis drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City) - Tune in to see Kristin on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Blair Underwood (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Blair appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mark Feurstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/The Cleveland Show) - Niecy chats on ABC's Good Morning America at 2pm.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America at 2pm.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Catch Roseanne on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jimmie Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie visits Tavis Smiley on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tiffani Amber Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Tiffani stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress), Kristin Davis (Sex and the City, Cybill Shepherd - John, Kristin and Cybill are guests on ABC's Good Afternoon America between 7-9am.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. is a guest on ABC's Good Afternoon America at 2pm.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan continues to make the rounds on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alan Thicke (Growing Pains) - Alan guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Catch Woody on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie continues to make the rounds on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Watch Jason on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria is a musical guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric visits Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.