Friday, July 13, 2012
ABC News and People's Best in TV: The Greatest TV Shows of Our Time; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 16, 2012)
ABC News and People Magazine are joining forces for their second special about the "best." In March 2011, ABC and People brought us the special ABC News and People's Best in Film: The Greatest Films of Our Time hosted by Tom Bergeron and Cynthia McFadden. Now ABC and People will bring us Best in TV: The Greatest TV Shows of Our Time! The film version brought in over seven million viewers during a two-hour special for ABC and did decent, so perhaps a TV one will do even better? Who better to host this than one of the best all-time people on TV? The legendary Barbara Walters has been tapped to host this two-hour special. There will be fifteen different categories to vote on. For example, the nominees for best TV comedy: All in the Family, Cheers, I Love Lucy, Seinfeld, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, M*A*S*H, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Cosby Show, The Honeymooners, and The Simpsons.
What are the greatest television shows of all time? Who are our favorite TV mom and dad? Who is our favorite television host of all time? It is America's turn to decide, as a collaboration between ABC News and People Magazine gives TV fans the opportunity to vote online at www.bestintelevision.com for their favorites of all time. The results will be revealed during an unprecedented two-hour broadcast hosted by Barbara Walters in September 2012, in conjunction with ABC's live broadcast of the Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 23. The program will include many classic clips from America's favorite shows, fresh interviews with some of the stars and directors of the winning television series, as well as outtakes, screen tests and rarely seen behind-the-scenes footage. Also, a panel of pop culture and television experts, including several editors and writers from People, will weigh in with their thoughts and memories.
The list of nominees was created after a focus group of several dozen of the industry's leading actors, directors, producers and TV journalists narrowed the field in a preliminary ballot from hundreds of popular shows both old and new. That panel of all-star voters included editors from People and Emmy winners and luminaries like Norman Lear, James L. Brooks, Stephen Bochco, Shonda Rhimes, Chuck Lorre, Tim Allen, Ryan Seacrest, Valerie Harper, and Eric Stonestreet. (View the list of the all-star preliminary vote panelists) Now it's time to for you to pick your favorites, share with your friends and help decide what is truly the Best in TV.
Start voting today and see if your picks are what was chosen by many others! While on the site, television fans also have the opportunity to view clips, slide shows and interviews. Voting is open through July 23. We'll bring you an official air date when we get word, so stay tuned.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 16-20, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 16, 2012
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Watch Charlie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried/Action) - Jay stops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock From the Sun) - Joseph appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Denis Leary (The Job) - Denis drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City) - Tune in to see Kristin on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Blair Underwood (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Blair appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi) - Marilu is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mark Feurstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/The Cleveland Show) - Niecy chats on ABC's Good Morning America at 2pm.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America at 2pm.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Catch Roseanne on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jimmie Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie visits Tavis Smiley on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tiffani Amber Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Tiffani stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress), Kristin Davis (Sex and the City, Cybill Shepherd - John, Kristin and Cybill are guests on ABC's Good Afternoon America between 7-9am.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. is a guest on ABC's Good Afternoon America at 2pm.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan continues to make the rounds on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alan Thicke (Growing Pains) - Alan guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Catch Woody on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie continues to make the rounds on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Watch Jason on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria is a musical guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric visits Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 19
Son of Zorn - "The Quest for Craig" (Fox, 7:00M ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Craig runs off to get some perspective on his relationship with Edie, a road trip ensues to bring him back. Meanwhile, Alan’s Zephyrian legs actually make him popular at school, but his desperation to fit in seriously puts off his lady.
The Simpsons - "Trust but Clarify" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 8:30M ET/PT)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Family Guy - "The Finer Strings" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The guys decide to form a string quartet, but Peter doesn’t make the cut. Meanwhile, Brian is forced to be Carter’s seeing eye dog and enjoys the life of luxury a little too much.
Bob's Burgers - "There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Gayle’s (guest star Megan Mullally) cat, Mr. Business, secures pet agent Ian Amberson (guest star John Oliver), Bob finds out that Linda may have been helping to fund the cat’s career. Ever the skeptic, Bob is prepared to shut it down, but learns that Mr. Business could be on the verge of his big break.
Sunday, February 19
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.