Thursday, June 14, 2012
INSP will air a "TV's Greatest Dads" line-up in honor of Father's Day airing on Saturday, June 16. On INSP they have some of TV's greatest dads of all-time. Join INSP for a tribute featuring all the best episodes of the dads you love. TV's Greatest Dads airs Saturday, June 16 starting at 6pm ET with back-to-back hours of Little House on the Prairie featuring Charles Ingalls. Then in primetime, it is back-to-back episodes of The Waltons featuring John Walton Sr. Then The Big Valley takes over with back-to-back episodes at 10pm and 11pm. At midnight, join Ben Cartwright in an episode of Bonanza. And finally, end the night with two sitcoms! At 1am, it's Howard Cunningham's 45th birthday on Happy Days, followed by Marcia entering her dad Mike Brady as Father of the Year on The Brady Bunch at 1:30am!
Vote for your favorite INSP TV Dad! Will it be Mike Brady, Mr. C or someone else? Tune in and find out on Saturday night on INSP! Watch a video preview of the stunt below:
The MyNetworkTV programming service has added House to Tuesday nights along with the procedurals, NUMB3RS and White Collar to Wednesday and Thursday nights, respectively, to the 2012-13 television season. House, which just ended its long run, will make its MyNetworkTV debut with back-to-back episodes each Tuesday night. Wednesday nights will see NUMB3RS join the line-up with back-to-back episodes. White Collar, one of cable television's most popular dramas, will make its broadcast debut with back-to-back episodes each Thursday night. On Mondays, MyNetworkTV will present the return of back-to-back episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and on Fridays, back-to-back episodes of Monk will remain on the schedule. We were hoping for a sitcom or two, but it wasn't meant to be, I guess.
As a result of these three new additions, three series will have to leave the schedule. Popular drama Cold Case will be leaving Tuesday nights, while Burn Notice and Without a Trace will be replaced on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Burn Notice is leaving because it is headed to broadcast weekend syndication this fall, while both House and NUMB3RS will both be leaving broadcast syndication this fall, since it will move to MyNetworkTV.
Premiere dates for the new season on MyNetworkTV have not been announced yet, but usually they premiere their new series the first week of October. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.