Thursday, June 14, 2012
INSP will air a "TV's Greatest Dads" line-up in honor of Father's Day airing on Saturday, June 16. On INSP they have some of TV's greatest dads of all-time. Join INSP for a tribute featuring all the best episodes of the dads you love. TV's Greatest Dads airs Saturday, June 16 starting at 6pm ET with back-to-back hours of Little House on the Prairie featuring Charles Ingalls. Then in primetime, it is back-to-back episodes of The Waltons featuring John Walton Sr. Then The Big Valley takes over with back-to-back episodes at 10pm and 11pm. At midnight, join Ben Cartwright in an episode of Bonanza. And finally, end the night with two sitcoms! At 1am, it's Howard Cunningham's 45th birthday on Happy Days, followed by Marcia entering her dad Mike Brady as Father of the Year on The Brady Bunch at 1:30am!
Vote for your favorite INSP TV Dad! Will it be Mike Brady, Mr. C or someone else? Tune in and find out on Saturday night on INSP! Watch a video preview of the stunt below:
The MyNetworkTV programming service has added House to Tuesday nights along with the procedurals, NUMB3RS and White Collar to Wednesday and Thursday nights, respectively, to the 2012-13 television season. House, which just ended its long run, will make its MyNetworkTV debut with back-to-back episodes each Tuesday night. Wednesday nights will see NUMB3RS join the line-up with back-to-back episodes. White Collar, one of cable television's most popular dramas, will make its broadcast debut with back-to-back episodes each Thursday night. On Mondays, MyNetworkTV will present the return of back-to-back episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and on Fridays, back-to-back episodes of Monk will remain on the schedule. We were hoping for a sitcom or two, but it wasn't meant to be, I guess.
As a result of these three new additions, three series will have to leave the schedule. Popular drama Cold Case will be leaving Tuesday nights, while Burn Notice and Without a Trace will be replaced on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Burn Notice is leaving because it is headed to broadcast weekend syndication this fall, while both House and NUMB3RS will both be leaving broadcast syndication this fall, since it will move to MyNetworkTV.
Premiere dates for the new season on MyNetworkTV have not been announced yet, but usually they premiere their new series the first week of October. Stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.