Friday, May 25, 2012
TV Land Orders 2 Sitcom Pilots, Guest Stars for The Soul Man; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of May 28, 2012)
As of now, these are just pilot orders and are cast-contingent. In other TV Land news, they have officially announced the annual TV Land Presents: AFI Life Achievement Award and it will be presented to Academy Award®-winner Shirley MacLaine by fellow Academy Award®-winner Meryl Streep, her co-star in Postcards From The Edge. The event will celebrate MacLaine's extraordinary life and all her endeavors, from movies and television to Broadway, writing books and beyond. The ceremony tapes Thursday, June 7 in Los Angeles and will air on TV Land on Sunday, June 24 at 9PM ET. And finally, TV Land has announced that Tamar and Trina Braxton (Braxton Family Values), Anthony Anderson (Law & Order, Hang Time), Sherri Shepherd (The View), Robert Forster (Jackie Brown) and Kim Coles (Living Single) will guest star on the first season of TV Land's new sitcom The Soul Man, starring Cedric "The Entertainer" and Niecy Nash, premiering Wednesday, June 20 at 10pm ET/PT on TV Land. Anthony Anderson has been tapped to appear this season as Sweet Brown, Boyce's (Cedric) old music-writing partner. Brown visits St. Louis to help Boyce get over his writer’s block for an upcoming sermon, but ends up pulling Boyce back into his old R&B star habits. Shepherd will guest star as Sherie, Lolli's (Nash) cousin who is always up to no good. Trina and Tamar Braxton will play Rose and Catherine Pinkney, sisters who audition for the church choir only to find out that they are both dating Stamps (Wesley Johnathan), Boyce's handsome younger brother. Kim Coles makes an appearance as Wanda, a church-going woman who stops by Lolli's salon hoping to get a special shampoo that all the ladies are raving about. Finally, Robert Forster will guest star as Father Ignatius, the head of a St. Louis clergy organization that seems to closely resemble the mob.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 28-June 1, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 28, 2012
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Watch Adam on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Ellie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Tune in to see Amy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Rachael Harris (Notes from the Underbelly/Fat Actress) - Catch Rachael on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) - Watch Robin on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jenny Slate (Bored to Death/Brothers) - Jenny is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Melissa drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Tune in to see Sarah on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jackée Harry (Let's Stay Together/227/Sister, Sister) - Jackée joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break) - Joey stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch Jim on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Tony Hale (Arrested Development) - Tony appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric talks about his movie, Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, on NBC's Today between 10-11am.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Ellie is a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Mindy Cohn (The Facts of Life) and Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Mindy and Kim reunite on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Watch Jim on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jeff Garlin (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break) - Joey drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 11
The Simpsons - "The Nightmare After Krustmas" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Krusty tries to impress his daughter as they spend Christmas with the Simpsons. Meanwhile, Reverend Lovejoy seeks converts after church attendance plummets, and Maggie is haunted by a spooky Christmas toy.
Son of Zorn - "The War on Grafelnik" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Torn between Edie’s Christmas and Zorn’s Grafelnik – the Zephyrian holiday of revenge – Alan realizes he can play his parents off each other to get better presents.
Family Guy - "How the Griffin Stole Christmas" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter is asked to fill in for the mall Santa, until he gets drunk on the power when he realizes that Santa can get away with anything. Meanwhile, Stewie and Brian crash holiday office parties for the free food, drama and women.
The Last Man on Earth - "If You're Happy and You Know It" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol is bummed about Gail’s absence, so Tandy tries to cheer her up with the honeymoon vacation they never had. Meanwhile, Lewis finds new success with his pursuits in aviation and Melissa is contained.
The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now in Living Color - (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Spread the holiday cheer with “The Dick Van Dyke Show – Now in Living Color!,” a new one-hour special featuring two newly colorized back-to-back classic episodes of the beloved 1960s series, to be broadcast Sunday, Dec. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Series creator and co-star Carl Reiner personally supervised the colorization of the episodes.
The special features the groundbreaking episode “That’s My Boy??” and “Coast to Coast Big Mouth,” which ranked #8 on TV Guide’s list of the “100 Greatest TV Episodes of All-Time.” Both episodes were written by Bill Persky & Sam Denoff. The main titles and end credits of the two episodes are seamlessly combined into one set – at the beginning and end of the hour – with no interruption between the episodes.
In “That’s My Boy??,” as Rob and Laura host a dinner party with a few friends, Rob recalls the hectic days after their son Ritchie was born, when he was sure the hospital had given him and Laura the wrong baby. The episode, originally broadcast on Sept. 25, 1963, was the third season premiere.
In “Coast to Coast Big Mouth,” Laura Petrie blurts out a top secret on a national television quiz show, revealing that comedian Alan Brady wears a toupee. The episode, which was the show’s fifth and final season premiere, was originally broadcast on Sept. 15, 1965. “Coast to Coast Big Mouth” won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series in 1966.
Bizaardvark - "Agh, Humbug" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bernie gets bummed about not being invited to the Vuuugler-only holiday party, so the gang tries to turn him into an overnight online star so that he can attend, too.
Best Friends Whenever - "Revenge of the Past" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Shelby gets trapped in the 16th century after trying to save Daisy from marriage, so the friends join forces to help rescue her.
Monday, December 12
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.