Friday, May 25, 2012
TV Land Orders 2 Sitcom Pilots, Guest Stars for The Soul Man; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of May 28, 2012)
As of now, these are just pilot orders and are cast-contingent. In other TV Land news, they have officially announced the annual TV Land Presents: AFI Life Achievement Award and it will be presented to Academy Award®-winner Shirley MacLaine by fellow Academy Award®-winner Meryl Streep, her co-star in Postcards From The Edge. The event will celebrate MacLaine's extraordinary life and all her endeavors, from movies and television to Broadway, writing books and beyond. The ceremony tapes Thursday, June 7 in Los Angeles and will air on TV Land on Sunday, June 24 at 9PM ET. And finally, TV Land has announced that Tamar and Trina Braxton (Braxton Family Values), Anthony Anderson (Law & Order, Hang Time), Sherri Shepherd (The View), Robert Forster (Jackie Brown) and Kim Coles (Living Single) will guest star on the first season of TV Land's new sitcom The Soul Man, starring Cedric "The Entertainer" and Niecy Nash, premiering Wednesday, June 20 at 10pm ET/PT on TV Land. Anthony Anderson has been tapped to appear this season as Sweet Brown, Boyce's (Cedric) old music-writing partner. Brown visits St. Louis to help Boyce get over his writer’s block for an upcoming sermon, but ends up pulling Boyce back into his old R&B star habits. Shepherd will guest star as Sherie, Lolli's (Nash) cousin who is always up to no good. Trina and Tamar Braxton will play Rose and Catherine Pinkney, sisters who audition for the church choir only to find out that they are both dating Stamps (Wesley Johnathan), Boyce's handsome younger brother. Kim Coles makes an appearance as Wanda, a church-going woman who stops by Lolli's salon hoping to get a special shampoo that all the ladies are raving about. Finally, Robert Forster will guest star as Father Ignatius, the head of a St. Louis clergy organization that seems to closely resemble the mob.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 28-June 1, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 28, 2012
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Watch Adam on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Ellie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Tune in to see Amy on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Rachael Harris (Notes from the Underbelly/Fat Actress) - Catch Rachael on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) - Watch Robin on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jenny Slate (Bored to Death/Brothers) - Jenny is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Melissa drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Tune in to see Sarah on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jackée Harry (Let's Stay Together/227/Sister, Sister) - Jackée joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break) - Joey stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch Jim on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Tony Hale (Arrested Development) - Tony appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric talks about his movie, Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, on NBC's Today between 10-11am.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Ellie is a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Mindy Cohn (The Facts of Life) and Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Mindy and Kim reunite on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Watch Jim on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jeff Garlin (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Brotherly Love/Gimme a Break) - Joey drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.