Wednesday, May 23, 2012
New First-Run Syndicated Sitcoms Airing in Weekend Primetime Block; Antenna TV's Movie Hero Marathon
Entertainment Studios, Inc. the largest independent producer and distributor of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations, and owner of seven 24-hour HD television networks proudly announces that Tribune, Weigel and CBS Television Station Groups have given a firm "go" to carry both The First Family and Mr. Box Office as part of a two-hour primetime weekend comedy block, which has been cleared in over 85% of U.S. television homes. Both sitcoms will air two half-hours, back-to-back, creating a two-hour primetime sitcom block. Each sitcom has an initial order of 104 episodes — for a total of 208 episodes for the primetime comedy block.
We have mentioned both of these comedies already (The First Family and Mr. Box Office), but now we know that it will be in at least 85% of the country on weekends in local syndication. There might be a cable pick-up too, so stay tuned for that news. Also stay with us for a list of local affiliates airing these two new comedies. So if your market has a Tribune, Weigel or CBS Television Station Group station, then you're looking good to see these two sitcoms this fall! The First Family is a sitcom about an African-American family that resides in The White House. It features an all-star cast including Christopher B. Duncan (The Jamie Foxx Show), Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show), Gladys Knight (Dancing with the Stars), Jackee Harry (227, Sister Sister), John Witherspoon (The Wayans Bros.), Marla Gibbs (The Jeffersons, 227), and Michael D. Roberts (Seinfeld). Mr. Box Office is a sitcom about one of the world's biggest movie stars, who is sentenced to community service teaching English at an inner-city high school in South Central Los Angeles. It features an all-star cast including Bill Bellamy, Jon Lovitz, Vivica A. Fox, Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show), Rick Fox, Gary Busey, Alex Thomas, Tony T. Roberts, and Tim Meadows (SNL).
This Memorial Day, Antenna TV salutes the toughest soldiers to serve on the silver screen with a full day "Movie Hero" Marathon on Memorial Day - Monday, May 28. Antenna TV, which airs on 61 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 58% of TV households, will air the best battles from sun up to sun down with 10 classic war movies. Antenna TV's Movie Hero Marathon on Memorial Day will feature: Hellcats of the Navy (1957), Battle of the Coral Sea (1959), Mission Over Korea (1953), All The Young Men (1960), The Mountain Road (1960), King Rat (1965), Bitter Victory (1958), Sahara (1943), Castle Keep (1969) and Anzio (1968) -- from 5am-2am ET. Featured stars include: George Segal in King Rat; Sidney Poitier in All the Young Men; James Stewart in The Mountain Road; Humphrey Bogart in Sahara; Robert Mitchum in Anzio and Burt Lancaster in Castle Keep. Plus, Hellcats of the Navy, is the only film Ronald Reagan made with wife Nancy. Also, New Yorkers, please don't forget the new channel position on WPIX 11.2.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.