Wednesday, May 23, 2012
New First-Run Syndicated Sitcoms Airing in Weekend Primetime Block; Antenna TV's Movie Hero Marathon
Entertainment Studios, Inc. the largest independent producer and distributor of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations, and owner of seven 24-hour HD television networks proudly announces that Tribune, Weigel and CBS Television Station Groups have given a firm "go" to carry both The First Family and Mr. Box Office as part of a two-hour primetime weekend comedy block, which has been cleared in over 85% of U.S. television homes. Both sitcoms will air two half-hours, back-to-back, creating a two-hour primetime sitcom block. Each sitcom has an initial order of 104 episodes — for a total of 208 episodes for the primetime comedy block.
We have mentioned both of these comedies already (The First Family and Mr. Box Office), but now we know that it will be in at least 85% of the country on weekends in local syndication. There might be a cable pick-up too, so stay tuned for that news. Also stay with us for a list of local affiliates airing these two new comedies. So if your market has a Tribune, Weigel or CBS Television Station Group station, then you're looking good to see these two sitcoms this fall! The First Family is a sitcom about an African-American family that resides in The White House. It features an all-star cast including Christopher B. Duncan (The Jamie Foxx Show), Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show), Gladys Knight (Dancing with the Stars), Jackee Harry (227, Sister Sister), John Witherspoon (The Wayans Bros.), Marla Gibbs (The Jeffersons, 227), and Michael D. Roberts (Seinfeld). Mr. Box Office is a sitcom about one of the world's biggest movie stars, who is sentenced to community service teaching English at an inner-city high school in South Central Los Angeles. It features an all-star cast including Bill Bellamy, Jon Lovitz, Vivica A. Fox, Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show), Rick Fox, Gary Busey, Alex Thomas, Tony T. Roberts, and Tim Meadows (SNL).
This Memorial Day, Antenna TV salutes the toughest soldiers to serve on the silver screen with a full day "Movie Hero" Marathon on Memorial Day - Monday, May 28. Antenna TV, which airs on 61 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 58% of TV households, will air the best battles from sun up to sun down with 10 classic war movies. Antenna TV's Movie Hero Marathon on Memorial Day will feature: Hellcats of the Navy (1957), Battle of the Coral Sea (1959), Mission Over Korea (1953), All The Young Men (1960), The Mountain Road (1960), King Rat (1965), Bitter Victory (1958), Sahara (1943), Castle Keep (1969) and Anzio (1968) -- from 5am-2am ET. Featured stars include: George Segal in King Rat; Sidney Poitier in All the Young Men; James Stewart in The Mountain Road; Humphrey Bogart in Sahara; Robert Mitchum in Anzio and Burt Lancaster in Castle Keep. Plus, Hellcats of the Navy, is the only film Ronald Reagan made with wife Nancy. Also, New Yorkers, please don't forget the new channel position on WPIX 11.2.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 23
Superstore - "Mateo's Last Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mateo (Nico Santos) faces complications with his transfer to a Cloud 9 Signature store, he becomes desperate to resolve his undocumented status. Meanwhile, Amy (America Ferrera) helps Glenn (Mark McKinney) battle an Internet troll, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) try to give Mateo legal counsel, and Dina (Lauren Ash) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) take issue with corporate.
Powerless - "I'm a Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Baskets - "Circus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Christine turns to Arby's after Chip joins the Russians.
Thursday, March 23
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nick D'Agosto (Trial & Error) - Nick is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody talks about Wilson on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Woody and Laura Dern will be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.