Wednesday, May 23, 2012
New First-Run Syndicated Sitcoms Airing in Weekend Primetime Block; Antenna TV's Movie Hero Marathon
Entertainment Studios, Inc. the largest independent producer and distributor of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations, and owner of seven 24-hour HD television networks proudly announces that Tribune, Weigel and CBS Television Station Groups have given a firm "go" to carry both The First Family and Mr. Box Office as part of a two-hour primetime weekend comedy block, which has been cleared in over 85% of U.S. television homes. Both sitcoms will air two half-hours, back-to-back, creating a two-hour primetime sitcom block. Each sitcom has an initial order of 104 episodes — for a total of 208 episodes for the primetime comedy block.
We have mentioned both of these comedies already (The First Family and Mr. Box Office), but now we know that it will be in at least 85% of the country on weekends in local syndication. There might be a cable pick-up too, so stay tuned for that news. Also stay with us for a list of local affiliates airing these two new comedies. So if your market has a Tribune, Weigel or CBS Television Station Group station, then you're looking good to see these two sitcoms this fall! The First Family is a sitcom about an African-American family that resides in The White House. It features an all-star cast including Christopher B. Duncan (The Jamie Foxx Show), Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show), Gladys Knight (Dancing with the Stars), Jackee Harry (227, Sister Sister), John Witherspoon (The Wayans Bros.), Marla Gibbs (The Jeffersons, 227), and Michael D. Roberts (Seinfeld). Mr. Box Office is a sitcom about one of the world's biggest movie stars, who is sentenced to community service teaching English at an inner-city high school in South Central Los Angeles. It features an all-star cast including Bill Bellamy, Jon Lovitz, Vivica A. Fox, Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show), Rick Fox, Gary Busey, Alex Thomas, Tony T. Roberts, and Tim Meadows (SNL).
This Memorial Day, Antenna TV salutes the toughest soldiers to serve on the silver screen with a full day "Movie Hero" Marathon on Memorial Day - Monday, May 28. Antenna TV, which airs on 61 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 58% of TV households, will air the best battles from sun up to sun down with 10 classic war movies. Antenna TV's Movie Hero Marathon on Memorial Day will feature: Hellcats of the Navy (1957), Battle of the Coral Sea (1959), Mission Over Korea (1953), All The Young Men (1960), The Mountain Road (1960), King Rat (1965), Bitter Victory (1958), Sahara (1943), Castle Keep (1969) and Anzio (1968) -- from 5am-2am ET. Featured stars include: George Segal in King Rat; Sidney Poitier in All the Young Men; James Stewart in The Mountain Road; Humphrey Bogart in Sahara; Robert Mitchum in Anzio and Burt Lancaster in Castle Keep. Plus, Hellcats of the Navy, is the only film Ronald Reagan made with wife Nancy. Also, New Yorkers, please don't forget the new channel position on WPIX 11.2.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 25
The Thundermans - "Ditch Perfect" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Phoebe learns Max’s band plans to dump him, she suspects that his superhero training is hurting his friendships. Determined to help, she attempts to repair things with the band, but her good deeds quickly backfire.
Game Shakers - "Wedding Shower of Doom" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Dub’s brother shows up at Game Shakers and invites everyone except Dub to his wedding, the kids convince him to bring his brother into the fold, promising to make Dub behave himself at the event.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.