Friday, March 02, 2012
The Hub Acquires The Facts of Life, Mork & Mindy, Sabrina for April 2012; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of March 5, 2012)
The Hub had its upfront presentation yesterday and the big highlight for us was the acquisition of three sitcoms for its primetime sitcom block! The Hub announced the acquisitions of the popular classic TV sitcoms The Facts of Life, Mork & Mindy and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. All three series are currently not airing anywhere, as Sabrina was last seen on ABC Family in early 2011. Mork & Mindy was last seen in marathons on Syfy from about 2008-2011 from time to time. And The Facts of Life has not been on US cable since Nick at Nite and marathons on TV Land a decade ago.
The three sitcoms will join the line-up tentatively in April. More info will come in the coming weeks, so stay with us, as we can't release it yet. What will happen to the current sitcoms (Family Ties, The Wonder Years, Doogie Howser, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley and Batman)? Will some leave or will they all stay? You'll have to come on back for the actual schedule. View The Hub upfront press release.
Also of note, The Hub will premiere the all-new, action-packed series The Aquabats! Super Show! on Saturday, March 3 (11 a.m. ET, with encore performances throughout the week). The outrageous new series follows a popular alternative rock band as they embark on a never-ending quest to right wrongs, destroy boredom and seek justice for all in an inventive blend of live-action and animated crime-fighting spoofs. It is said to be The Monkees meets '60s Batman. Sounds campy!
Stay tuned on Monday for our story on the Antenna TV spring line-up that begins March 26 and that will have the addition of WKRP in Cincinnati to the Sunday night primetime line-up starting April 8, as we first broke.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 5-9, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 5, 2012
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Watch Woody on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Courteney appears on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louie Anderson (Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie visits the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City) - Kristin is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and then visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Megan Mullally (Breaking In/Will & Grace) - Megan drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about the new season of The Game on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations. Her co-stars Pooch, Hosea and Coby also dish on the new season.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/She's the Sheriff/Step by Step) - Juju Chang talks to Suzanne on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Catch Joel on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - The legendary Mr. Cosby is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Elisha Cuthbert (Happy Endings) - The lovely Elisha stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show) and Tia Mowry (The Game/Sister, Sister) - Wendy and Tia appear on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Watch Kathy on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Tune in to see Eric on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Josh Gad (Back to You) - Josh is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on a repeat of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Tune in to see Maya on a repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation/Party Down) - Adam chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jennifer Westfeldt (Notes from the Underbelly/Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place) - Jennifer appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT and later she will be on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City) - Kristin talks to Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Watch Jesse on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City) - Kristin continues to make the rounds on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Big Time Rush - Big Time Rush performs on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Boyfriend" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Eve has a new boyfriend but refuses to talk about him. After Vanessa pressures her for some good ol’ girl talk, Eve concedes and opens up, much to Vanessa’s joy. But when Mandy and Kristin catch wind that Eve’s boyfriend is taking part in the same overnight Junior ROTC camping trip as Eve, their past mistakes prompt them to be concerned.
The Neighbors - "Balle Balle!" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Marty and Debbie are worried when Larry Bird tells them his Indian co-worker at the coffee shop has invited him to a traditional Indian wedding. Despite their pleas, Larry decides to attend without their approval and he and Jackie get carried away when trying to come up with a wedding gift. After Larry does research on Indian weddings, he concludes all weddings take place in “Bollywood” and decides to give his friend a full scale Bollywood number.
Enlisted - "Parade Duty" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After Cody assigns the platoon "Parade Duty" Pete tries to inspire his team, but finds he is being sabotaged by his own brother. After things go terribly wrong, all three brothers learn a bit more about what it means to be a soldier in Rear D.
Raising Hope - "Baby Phat" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Burt and Virginia are in desperate need of a vacation and, at Barney's suggestion, head to a resort for a little R&R. But the "resort" turns out to be a different kind of place than they were hoping for. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Sabrina decide they want to have a baby.
Jessie - "Snack Attack" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie notices a famous casting director in the park and tries to impress him by volunteering to help his daughter befriend the Ross kids.
Dog with a Blog - "I Want My Nikki Back, Nikki Back, Nikki Back" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler decides to try and get Nikki back as his girlfriend but Avery is hesitant to help him for fear of being caught between her friend and brother.
Love That Girl - "Assets and Liabilities" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Delroy finds a way out of paying his taxes; Imunique and Jasmine are both into the same guy.
Friday, March 7
- Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen) - Watch Ellen on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick discusses the new season of Dallas on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judy Gold (All-American Girl) - Judy weighs in on hot topics on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea answers calls from the Foodie Phone Booth on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie discusses Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena will be on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement/Seinfeld) - Patrick appears on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live with Nick Lachey on VH1 at 10am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.