Thursday, March 29, 2012
This summer, Fox heats up with a lot of reality and Gordon Ramsey: the season nine premiere of So You Think You Can Dance, the return of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef, plus the premiere of Ramsay's new series Hotel Hell. Back for a ninth season, So You Think You Can Dance kicks off with a two-hour premiere Thursday, May 24 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Then the following week, on Wednesday, May 30 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT, the series moves into its regular time period where it will air only once a week this season and each jam-packed two-hour show will feature awe-inspiring performances, as the contestants compete to be named America's Favorite Dancer. Additional So You Think You Can Dance schedule information to be announced. On Tuesday, May 29, Chef Ramsay returns for an all-new season of Hell's Kitchen at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by the season three debut of Masterchef at 9:00 PM ET/PT. Beginning Monday, June 4 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, Hell's Kitchen expands to twice per week with all-new episodes Mondays at 9:00 PM ET/PT and Tuesdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT. Next, in Hotel Hell premiering Monday, June 4 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, Ramsay will travel to San Diego, CA; Coeur D'Alene, ID; Cambridge, NY; Milford, PA; and Windsor, VT to fix horrid hotels, awful inns and just plain bad bed and breakfasts. That is all Fox has announced so far for summer. Mondays & Tuesdays with Gordon Ramsey shows and Wednesdays with So You Think You Can Dance. It is expected repeats will air Thursday-Sunday, but we're not 100%. Fox has said additional summer premiere dates and schedule information will be announced. So stay with us!
MeTV Network has announced an affiliation agreement with Post-Newsweek-owned KSAT-TV, San Antonio where MeTV will launch on Monday, April 2, 2012. The station will carry MeTV over the air on channel 12.2 as well as on all local cable systems. MeTV now covers more than 77% of the country and has more than 120 affiliates. Post-Newsweek's other MeTV affiliate is WPLG- TV in Miami, which will launch on April 24, 2012. In other MeTV news, they will add their new Saturday morning block starting Saturday, April 7. The new block will feature classic animated series from 5-8am. Airing in order are: Gumby, The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra: Princess of Power. The latter two will have two episodes back-to-back. This block will replace Saturday airings of Gomer Pyle, Petticoat Junction and The Beverly Hillbillies. On Easter Sunday (April 8), MeTV will air two classic specials at 6pm and 7pm: Here Comes Peter Cottontail and Lamb Chop's Passover Special. There will be no other changes to the schedule, so all of your favorite sitcoms and dramas will remain airing.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 9
Fresh Off the Boat - "Love and Loopholes" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Honey and Marvin babysit the boys so Jessica and Louis can enjoy a Valentine’s Day evening out. But Emery makes an alarming discovery when he walks in on his parents’ special alone time. Meanwhile, Eddie pulls out all the stops to take Alison to the Janet Jackson concert.
The Muppets - "A Tale of Two Piggies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Miss Piggy suffers a scandalous wardrobe malfunction, the network is outraged, and Piggy is forced to question everything she stands for, but Kermit and the gang rally together and come to her defense. Meanwhile, Gonzo misses his ex-girlfriend Camilla, so Pepe and Rizzo decide to throw a house party to cheer him up.
New Girl - "Reagan" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A beautiful pharmaceutical rep (guest star Megan Fox) enters the gang’s life when she agrees to sublet Jess’ room while she is on jury duty.
Grandfathered - "The Biter" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Edie is bitten at school, Jimmy and Sara go to great lengths to find out who did it. Meanwhile, Ravi sets up a meeting for Gerald and Vanessa to meet a flashy tech investor named Kirk (Drake Bell), but once they meet him, they are not so sure they’d like to do business with him.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The 9-8" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The Nine-Nine host the detectives from the Nine-Eight, their neighboring precinct, reuniting Jake with his old partner (guest star Damon Wayans, Jr.). Charles is immediately jealous and tries to reclaim his best friend status with Jake. Meanwhile, the rest of the precinct tries to be welcoming to the Nine-Eight, but it doesn’t go as well as they had planned.
The Grinder - "The Retooling of Dean Sanderson" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Dean scares off a big prospective client by being too dramatic, Stewart tells him maybe it’s finally time to let go of his “Grinder” persona and come down to earth. He tries to convince Dean he should go to therapy. Dean reluctantly agrees, but in typical Dean fashion, he overcorrects and begins “therapizing” the whole family, including Debbie, who is now tempted to quit her grueling job.
Born Again Virgin - "A Pregnant Pause" (TV One, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddy's upsetting news to her boyfriend, Cedric; Loretta enhances her image; Kayla goes on a hunger strike for a worthy cause.
Born Again Virgin - "Mama-Pause" (TV One, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jenna’s mom comes to visit and brings her own brand of crazy, which we later find out is exacerbated by the onset of menopause. In an effort to escape Jenna’s mom, Tara and Kelly seek refuge in Donovan’s apartment and worm their way into helping him prepare for his impending trial.
Zoe Ever After - "The Interview" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Zoe is livid when she suspects Miguel has told Gemini about her Atlantic City getaway; Gemini finally gets the spotlight.
Tuesday, February 9
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats about The Grinder on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan and her husband DeVon Franklin talk about their new book The Wait on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about Zoe Ever After and her new music on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is strapped in a Velcro suit and he's playing a game to win prizes for the audience on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Joe Manganiello (Mom/How I Met Your Mother) - Joe discusses his guest starring role on Mom on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS and on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. and the cast of Deadpool are guests on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Kyle Mooney (Hello Ladies) - Kyle talks about Zoolander 2 on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison talks about How to Be Single ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason talks about Tumbledown on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Fuller House - Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Carl chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.