Thursday, March 29, 2012
This summer, Fox heats up with a lot of reality and Gordon Ramsey: the season nine premiere of So You Think You Can Dance, the return of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef, plus the premiere of Ramsay's new series Hotel Hell. Back for a ninth season, So You Think You Can Dance kicks off with a two-hour premiere Thursday, May 24 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Then the following week, on Wednesday, May 30 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT, the series moves into its regular time period where it will air only once a week this season and each jam-packed two-hour show will feature awe-inspiring performances, as the contestants compete to be named America's Favorite Dancer. Additional So You Think You Can Dance schedule information to be announced. On Tuesday, May 29, Chef Ramsay returns for an all-new season of Hell's Kitchen at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by the season three debut of Masterchef at 9:00 PM ET/PT. Beginning Monday, June 4 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, Hell's Kitchen expands to twice per week with all-new episodes Mondays at 9:00 PM ET/PT and Tuesdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT. Next, in Hotel Hell premiering Monday, June 4 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, Ramsay will travel to San Diego, CA; Coeur D'Alene, ID; Cambridge, NY; Milford, PA; and Windsor, VT to fix horrid hotels, awful inns and just plain bad bed and breakfasts. That is all Fox has announced so far for summer. Mondays & Tuesdays with Gordon Ramsey shows and Wednesdays with So You Think You Can Dance. It is expected repeats will air Thursday-Sunday, but we're not 100%. Fox has said additional summer premiere dates and schedule information will be announced. So stay with us!
MeTV Network has announced an affiliation agreement with Post-Newsweek-owned KSAT-TV, San Antonio where MeTV will launch on Monday, April 2, 2012. The station will carry MeTV over the air on channel 12.2 as well as on all local cable systems. MeTV now covers more than 77% of the country and has more than 120 affiliates. Post-Newsweek's other MeTV affiliate is WPLG- TV in Miami, which will launch on April 24, 2012. In other MeTV news, they will add their new Saturday morning block starting Saturday, April 7. The new block will feature classic animated series from 5-8am. Airing in order are: Gumby, The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra: Princess of Power. The latter two will have two episodes back-to-back. This block will replace Saturday airings of Gomer Pyle, Petticoat Junction and The Beverly Hillbillies. On Easter Sunday (April 8), MeTV will air two classic specials at 6pm and 7pm: Here Comes Peter Cottontail and Lamb Chop's Passover Special. There will be no other changes to the schedule, so all of your favorite sitcoms and dramas will remain airing.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.