Thursday, March 29, 2012
This summer, Fox heats up with a lot of reality and Gordon Ramsey: the season nine premiere of So You Think You Can Dance, the return of Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef, plus the premiere of Ramsay's new series Hotel Hell. Back for a ninth season, So You Think You Can Dance kicks off with a two-hour premiere Thursday, May 24 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Then the following week, on Wednesday, May 30 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT, the series moves into its regular time period where it will air only once a week this season and each jam-packed two-hour show will feature awe-inspiring performances, as the contestants compete to be named America's Favorite Dancer. Additional So You Think You Can Dance schedule information to be announced. On Tuesday, May 29, Chef Ramsay returns for an all-new season of Hell's Kitchen at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by the season three debut of Masterchef at 9:00 PM ET/PT. Beginning Monday, June 4 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, Hell's Kitchen expands to twice per week with all-new episodes Mondays at 9:00 PM ET/PT and Tuesdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT. Next, in Hotel Hell premiering Monday, June 4 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, Ramsay will travel to San Diego, CA; Coeur D'Alene, ID; Cambridge, NY; Milford, PA; and Windsor, VT to fix horrid hotels, awful inns and just plain bad bed and breakfasts. That is all Fox has announced so far for summer. Mondays & Tuesdays with Gordon Ramsey shows and Wednesdays with So You Think You Can Dance. It is expected repeats will air Thursday-Sunday, but we're not 100%. Fox has said additional summer premiere dates and schedule information will be announced. So stay with us!
MeTV Network has announced an affiliation agreement with Post-Newsweek-owned KSAT-TV, San Antonio where MeTV will launch on Monday, April 2, 2012. The station will carry MeTV over the air on channel 12.2 as well as on all local cable systems. MeTV now covers more than 77% of the country and has more than 120 affiliates. Post-Newsweek's other MeTV affiliate is WPLG- TV in Miami, which will launch on April 24, 2012. In other MeTV news, they will add their new Saturday morning block starting Saturday, April 7. The new block will feature classic animated series from 5-8am. Airing in order are: Gumby, The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra: Princess of Power. The latter two will have two episodes back-to-back. This block will replace Saturday airings of Gomer Pyle, Petticoat Junction and The Beverly Hillbillies. On Easter Sunday (April 8), MeTV will air two classic specials at 6pm and 7pm: Here Comes Peter Cottontail and Lamb Chop's Passover Special. There will be no other changes to the schedule, so all of your favorite sitcoms and dramas will remain airing.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 6
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Fit for a Fling" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus' friends question him about his recent neurotic behavior and think it may be linked to his motivation to change.
Friday, May 6
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - Watch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric and his mom spill all his secrets on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh discusses Quantico on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Netflix's Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. Lily also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Lily will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. Jane visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea talks about Chelsea on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - People Now catches up with Kristin.
- Marliu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu Henner and her husband, Michael Brown, discuss their new book Changing Normal on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Mila appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.