Friday, February 17, 2012
My Wife & Kids Back In Primetime On Nick at Nite; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of February 20, 2012)
Last Wednesday we told you about Nick at Nite making schedule changes and the highlight was Friends' two-hour block being split to 9-10pm and 11pm-12am, well effective yesterday Nick at Nite has changed their schedule again. The most notable change for this schedule is the return of My Wife & Kids to primetime. The Damon Wayans comedy will air in the 8-9pm hour once again, replacing That '70s Show, which will move to the 10pm hour. George Lopez was airing in the 10pm hour and that will move back to the 9pm hour. So yes that means Friends is back to airing in a two-hour block from 11pm-1am every night. I'll be there for you! The 12am hour was That '70s Show encore, but will shift to the 1am hour now, bumping off The Nanny. That comedy will remain at 5am (and in late night on sister network TV Land). In fact, everything from 2am-7am will remain the same it was before this change happened.
One other Nick at Nite note, on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 20) they will air a marathon of Friends immediately following the premiere of the Nickelodeon original series premiere Fred: The Show at 8pm. The Friends marathon will run from 8:30pm-3:30am. Stay with us for any further Nick at Nite updates. We will also have some news in the coming days on TV Land April 2012 with two series returning from hiatus (well, sort of). Stay tuned.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of February 20-24, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 20, 2012
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Watch Jesse on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney drops by Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on Anderson, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG/Damon) - David visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse appears on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and then guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- John Witherspoon (The Wayans Bros./The Tracy Morgan Show) - John is a guest on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Tune in to see Patricia on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tia (The Game/Sister, Sister) and Tamera Mowry (True Colors/Roommates/Sister, Sister) - Tia and Tamera sit down with Tim Gunn to discuss marriage, babies, hair and the upcoming season of their reality show, Tia & Tamera, on ABC's The Revolution at 2pm ET/1pm PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG/Damon) - David stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - Catch the young and talented Rico on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer continues to make the rounds on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia tells us about her new Tyler Perry film, Good Deeds, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.