Friday, February 17, 2012
My Wife & Kids Back In Primetime On Nick at Nite; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of February 20, 2012)
Last Wednesday we told you about Nick at Nite making schedule changes and the highlight was Friends' two-hour block being split to 9-10pm and 11pm-12am, well effective yesterday Nick at Nite has changed their schedule again. The most notable change for this schedule is the return of My Wife & Kids to primetime. The Damon Wayans comedy will air in the 8-9pm hour once again, replacing That '70s Show, which will move to the 10pm hour. George Lopez was airing in the 10pm hour and that will move back to the 9pm hour. So yes that means Friends is back to airing in a two-hour block from 11pm-1am every night. I'll be there for you! The 12am hour was That '70s Show encore, but will shift to the 1am hour now, bumping off The Nanny. That comedy will remain at 5am (and in late night on sister network TV Land). In fact, everything from 2am-7am will remain the same it was before this change happened.
One other Nick at Nite note, on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 20) they will air a marathon of Friends immediately following the premiere of the Nickelodeon original series premiere Fred: The Show at 8pm. The Friends marathon will run from 8:30pm-3:30am. Stay with us for any further Nick at Nite updates. We will also have some news in the coming days on TV Land April 2012 with two series returning from hiatus (well, sort of). Stay tuned.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of February 20-24, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 20, 2012
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Watch Jesse on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney drops by Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on Anderson, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG/Damon) - David visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse appears on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and then guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- John Witherspoon (The Wayans Bros./The Tracy Morgan Show) - John is a guest on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Tune in to see Patricia on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tia (The Game/Sister, Sister) and Tamera Mowry (True Colors/Roommates/Sister, Sister) - Tia and Tamera sit down with Tim Gunn to discuss marriage, babies, hair and the upcoming season of their reality show, Tia & Tamera, on ABC's The Revolution at 2pm ET/1pm PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG/Damon) - David stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - Catch the young and talented Rico on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer continues to make the rounds on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia tells us about her new Tyler Perry film, Good Deeds, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 1
Bob's Burgers - "Easy Commercial, Easy Gommercial" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
To compete with fellow “restaurateur,” Jimmy Pesto, and his blowout Super Bowl event, Bob is determined to create a Bob’s Burgers commercial to air during the “big game.” In an effort to outshine Pesto, the Belchers recruit Randy, a documentarian, to assist with the filmmaking and hire on former pro football star Connie Frye (guest voice Jordan Peele) to be the celebrity endorser.
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXV" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On the annual spooktacular Halloween special, Bart and Lisa are transported to a demon-filled alternate universe after Bart reads a set of Aramaic symbols he finds on the underside of his desk; Moe’s “Clockwork Orange”-style gang is disrupted when Dum (Homer) falls for a girl (Marge) who wants him to give up the thug life; and, in an homage to “The Others,” the Simpsons are visited by their former Tracey Ullman-era versions of themselves.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Jimmy Jab Gabes" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The squad has time to kill when the arrival of the Serbian President’s motorcade to Brooklyn has been delayed. So, Jake launches “The Jimmy Jab Games,” an annual series of competitions in the precinct. Meanwhile, Terry and Holt take on a new drug task force approved by Holt’s nemesis, Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch (guest star Kyra Sedgwick).
Family Guy - "Turkey Guys" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On the night before Thanksgiving, Brian and Peter drunkenly devour the holiday bird, and then must go out to find a replacement. In Peter absence, Chris attempts to step up and become the man of the house.
Bob's Burgers - "Uncle Teddy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bob and Linda leave town for a romantic getaway (at a Burger Convention), they ask Teddy to babysit Tina, Gene and Louise. While the ’rents are away, Teddy is eager to earn the coveted title of “Uncle Teddy” and does so by putting Tina’s crush in his rightful place after discovering that he was just using her for – gasp – free burgers! Hijinks ensue.
Monday, February 2
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin visits Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Seth Morris (The Hotwives of Orlando/Go On/Happy Endings) - Seth appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy chats on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Tom/The Tom Show) - Tom is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET. He also talks about his new film We'll Never Have Paris on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Segarra (Sirens) - Josh talks about USA Network's Sirens on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Gregory Harrison (Joey/The Family Man) - Gregory gives a look at his new Hallmark Channel original movie Cloudy with a Chance of Love on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall discusses his new ABC sitcom Fresh Off the Boat on HuffPost Live at 4:40pm. Fresh Off the Boat premieres on ABC on February 4 at 8:30pm and 9:30pm ET/PT.
- Michael Ian Black (Burning Love/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea discusses the Super Bowl on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is part of the guest panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Barry Williams (The Brady Bunch) - Barry talks about his new show A Very Barry Branson on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. A Very Barry Branson premieres on GAC on February 5.