Friday, February 17, 2012
My Wife & Kids Back In Primetime On Nick at Nite; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of February 20, 2012)
Last Wednesday we told you about Nick at Nite making schedule changes and the highlight was Friends' two-hour block being split to 9-10pm and 11pm-12am, well effective yesterday Nick at Nite has changed their schedule again. The most notable change for this schedule is the return of My Wife & Kids to primetime. The Damon Wayans comedy will air in the 8-9pm hour once again, replacing That '70s Show, which will move to the 10pm hour. George Lopez was airing in the 10pm hour and that will move back to the 9pm hour. So yes that means Friends is back to airing in a two-hour block from 11pm-1am every night. I'll be there for you! The 12am hour was That '70s Show encore, but will shift to the 1am hour now, bumping off The Nanny. That comedy will remain at 5am (and in late night on sister network TV Land). In fact, everything from 2am-7am will remain the same it was before this change happened.
One other Nick at Nite note, on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 20) they will air a marathon of Friends immediately following the premiere of the Nickelodeon original series premiere Fred: The Show at 8pm. The Friends marathon will run from 8:30pm-3:30am. Stay with us for any further Nick at Nite updates. We will also have some news in the coming days on TV Land April 2012 with two series returning from hiatus (well, sort of). Stay tuned.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of February 20-24, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 20, 2012
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Watch Jesse on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney drops by Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on Anderson, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG/Damon) - David visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse appears on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and then guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- John Witherspoon (The Wayans Bros./The Tracy Morgan Show) - John is a guest on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Tune in to see Patricia on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tia (The Game/Sister, Sister) and Tamera Mowry (True Colors/Roommates/Sister, Sister) - Tia and Tamera sit down with Tim Gunn to discuss marriage, babies, hair and the upcoming season of their reality show, Tia & Tamera, on ABC's The Revolution at 2pm ET/1pm PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG/Damon) - David stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - Catch the young and talented Rico on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer continues to make the rounds on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia tells us about her new Tyler Perry film, Good Deeds, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
SITCOMS AIRING TONIGHT (May 20)
Raising Hope - "Not Indecent, but Not Quite Decent Enough Proposal" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Chance family meets Sabrina’s mother, Tamara (guest star Melanie Griffith), at the funeral of Sabrina’s grandmother, Nana (guest star Tippi Hedren). Nana’s last will and testament, revealed in a video she recorded before she died, has a big impact on Jimmy and Sabrina’s relationship.
The Goodwin Games - "Pilot" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Series Premiere)
Starring Scott Foley (“Scandal,” “Grey’s Anatomy”), Becki Newton (“Ugly Betty”) and T.J. Miller (“Our Idiot Brother,” “She’s Out Of My League”), the new inventive family comedy features three estranged siblings who return home after the loss of their beloved father (guest star Beau Bridges) and unexpectedly find themselves poised to inherit more than $20 million – if, and only if, they can adhere to their late father’s wishes.
New Girl - "Cabin" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess invites her divorced Mom and Dad (guest stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Rob Reiner) over for Thanksgiving dinner and enlists Nick and Cece to help her with a “Parent Trap” to reunite them. Meanwhile, Schmidt’s cousin, Big Schmidt (guest star Rob Riggle), visits, and Winston manipulates them into an escalating battle to prove their manhood.
The Mindy Project - "Danny Castellano Is My Gynecologist" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Mindy must find a new gynecologist, she asks Danny to assume the role. Eventually, he accepts – on the grounds that Mindy will feel too uncomfortable to go through with the exam. The two then play a game of chicken to see who will back out of the deal first. Meanwhile, Jeremy tricks Morgan and Betsy into helping him break into Mindy’s apartment to retrieve a valuable item.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Broken Hip" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Max and Caroline pay a high price for attempting to remove a street performer away from the entry to their cupcake shop. Comedian Andy Dick guest stars as J. Petto, a litigious puppeteer.
Rules of Engagement - "100th" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Series Finale)
Brenda goes into labor on Jennifer and Adam’s wedding day. Meanwhile, Russell and Timmy make an attempt at reconciliation and Audrey surprises Jeff, on the 100th episode and the seventh season finale.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Holographic Excitation" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The gang celebrates Halloween at Stuart’s comic book store. Meanwhile, Leonard seduces Penny with science. Astronaut Buzz Aldrin makes a cameo appearance as himself.
Mike & Molly - "Windy City" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
Mike and Carl get stuck working at the Renaissance Faire after their boss, Patrick, gets dumped by Mike’s mother. Later, as a tornado descends on Chicago, Mike and Molly each confess important news to each other. Gerald McRaney guest stars as Police Captain Patrick Murphy, Mike’s boss. Jim Beaver guest stars as Dwight.