Friday, February 17, 2012
My Wife & Kids Back In Primetime On Nick at Nite; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of February 20, 2012)
Last Wednesday we told you about Nick at Nite making schedule changes and the highlight was Friends' two-hour block being split to 9-10pm and 11pm-12am, well effective yesterday Nick at Nite has changed their schedule again. The most notable change for this schedule is the return of My Wife & Kids to primetime. The Damon Wayans comedy will air in the 8-9pm hour once again, replacing That '70s Show, which will move to the 10pm hour. George Lopez was airing in the 10pm hour and that will move back to the 9pm hour. So yes that means Friends is back to airing in a two-hour block from 11pm-1am every night. I'll be there for you! The 12am hour was That '70s Show encore, but will shift to the 1am hour now, bumping off The Nanny. That comedy will remain at 5am (and in late night on sister network TV Land). In fact, everything from 2am-7am will remain the same it was before this change happened.
One other Nick at Nite note, on President's Day (Monday, Feb. 20) they will air a marathon of Friends immediately following the premiere of the Nickelodeon original series premiere Fred: The Show at 8pm. The Friends marathon will run from 8:30pm-3:30am. Stay with us for any further Nick at Nite updates. We will also have some news in the coming days on TV Land April 2012 with two series returning from hiatus (well, sort of). Stay tuned.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of February 20-24, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 20, 2012
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Watch Jesse on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney drops by Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Jon visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Janet Jackson (Good Times/Diff'rent Strokes) - Janet is a guest on Anderson, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG/Damon) - David visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse appears on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and then guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- John Witherspoon (The Wayans Bros./The Tracy Morgan Show) - John is a guest on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Tune in to see Patricia on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tia (The Game/Sister, Sister) and Tamera Mowry (True Colors/Roommates/Sister, Sister) - Tia and Tamera sit down with Tim Gunn to discuss marriage, babies, hair and the upcoming season of their reality show, Tia & Tamera, on ABC's The Revolution at 2pm ET/1pm PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse joins the Chew Crew on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- David Alan Grier (Life with Bonnie/DAG/Damon) - David stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - Catch the young and talented Rico on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer continues to make the rounds on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia tells us about her new Tyler Perry film, Good Deeds, on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, August 4
The Last Man on Earth - "Alive in Tucson" / "The Elephant in the Room" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
THE LAST MAN ON EARTH chronicles the life and adventures of an average guy – and humanity’s last hope – who discovers what life is like when no one is telling you what you can and cannot do. The year is 2020, and after a deadly virus has swept the planet, only one man is left on earth: Phil Miller (Forte). He used to be just an average guy who loved his family and hated his job. Now, in his RV, Phil searches the country for other survivors. He has traveled to every city, every town and every outpost in the United States, Mexico and Canada, and has found no one. As he returns to his hometown of Tucson, Phil comes to the realization that he is almost certainly the last living being on the face of the earth. Then, Phil meets Carol, who may be the last woman on earth. At the very least, she’s the most annoying woman on earth. As Phil arrives at the painful realization that the fate of the world rests with them, Carol demands they wed before repopulating the earth.
Clipped - "The Gambler" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When the guys learn that Buzzy is gambling with the money he'd set aside for his mother's medication, A.J. and Mo decide to lose a poker game to him on purpose, but it isn't as easy to convince Ben to do the right thing. Danni, Charmaine, and Joy make up the Doyle Sisters for a wedding and discuss what makes for a strong marriage, which causes Joy questions her relationship with Bart.
Playing House - "Hello, Old Friend" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Season Premiere)
Maggie, Emma and Charlotte pose for an awkward family picture; Bruce and his mother prepare a traditional family recipe.
Playing House - "Sleepless in Pinebrook" (USA Network, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The Property Brothers make over Maggie's body; Emma creates an online dating profile for Maggie; Bruce and Zach spend time with Charlotte.
Tuesday, August 4
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Catch Mr. Warmth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC, on the AOL Build Show and on SI Now.
- Michael Ian Black (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Josh Charles (Sports Night) - Josh visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis stops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon talk about Playing House on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Jessica will also be on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason talks about the film The End of the Hour on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy talks about how he almost walked away from Hollywood before landing the leading role on his hit sitcom and what really happened at his first shoot with co-star Melissa McCarthy on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Bagley (Mr. Robinson/Web Therapy/Will & Grace) - Tim talks about his new series Mr. Robinson on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod appears on the AOL Build Show.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about her incognito NYC subway performance and her exciting new role on Broadway's Chicago on a repeat of Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace talks about her new book Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel sometime between 6-9am. She also guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.