Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Nick at Nite Splits Up Friends Block; MeTV Network Valentine's Day Marathon, Also Acquires Classic Specials for Easter and Passover
On Monday Nick at Nite altered their schedule a bit with the most notable change being the weeknight two-hour Friends block from 11pm-1am being split up now to 9-10pm and 11pm-12am. George Lopez airs in between now in the 10pm hour, as it moved back to the hour from 9pm. Nick at Nite keeps trying to move it to 9pm but it keeps coming back to 10pm where it has done historic ratings for them ever since it joined the Nick at Nite line-up over 4 years ago. Elsewhere, That '70s Show is now kicking-off the Nick at Nite block in the 8pm hour, replacing My Wife & Kids. As mentioned an hour each Friends, George Lopez and more Friends airs from 9pm-12am. That '70s Show then airs again in the 12am hour, as it was airing in the 1am hour previously. Now in the 1am hour, The Nanny has returned to a decent hour on Nick at Nite, as it had been only airing in the 5am hour. At 2am, a half-hour of Everybody Hates Chris remains, but then back-to-back George Lopez encores earlier now, replacing My Wife & Kids at 2:30am & 3am. Not to worry, My Wife & Kids airs immediately after at 3:30am and 4am. So it switched with George Lopez's encore. Then at approx. 4:30am, Home Improvement has returned to Nick at Nite with an airing (it will still remain on TV Land, too). Then at approx. 5am, an airing of The Nanny follows leading into the 6-7am hour of Family Matters still. All times on Nick at Nite are approx. after 12am, as they go off-the-clock.
So there you have it, the Nick at Nite weeknight changes. As of now, the weekend line-up is the same as it has been, but that could change. If anything major happens, we'll let you know as soon as we know.
Love is in the air on MeTV Network! On Saturday, February 12, and Valentine's Day itself (Tuesday, February 14, 2012), MeTV is the place for classic television lovers! Two days are lined up with the best Valentine's Day and romance-themed episodes from their collection of 'beloved' series. MeTV found some of the best love-related and romance-themed episodes from each of series featured in this special marathon, all while keeping the network regular program schedule in place. The love and romance begins on Sunday at 11am with The Brady Bunch and will continue with Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, That Girl, The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy, and M*A*S*H. On Tuesday, we get a bit more series which includes many dramas, too. It starts bright and early at 5am ET with Gomer Pyle and Dobie Gillis and other series follow like Perry Mason and Kojak. Who loves ya baby, indeed! Watch a promo.
On Sunday, April 8, 2012, MeTV Network will celebrate Easter and Passover with the broadcast of two holiday specials, Here Comes Peter Cottontail and Lamb Chop's Passover Special. Rankin/Bass debuted Here Comes Peter Cottontail in 1971 and it is one of the season's most entertaining and must-see Easter classic specials. Lamb Chop's Passover Special, which originally aired in 1996, tells the story of Passover and explains the traditions surrounding the holiday. Here Comes Peter Cottontail will air Sunday, April 8 at 6pm with Lamb Chop's Passover Special immediately following at 7pm.
As mentioned before, MeTV is pleased to work with Broadcast Partners LLC and Classic Media Library to bring programming for the whole family to the Network and have the ability to produce holiday specials such as these with the new additions of Gumby, Mr. Magoo, He-Man and She-Ra to the MeTV library. Stay with us for any other MeTV Network updates, such as what they are known for, classic TV sitcoms and dramas, such as M*A*S*H, Perry Mason, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Bob Newhart Show, That Girl, Gunsmoke, the original Star Trek and Hawaii Five-O series.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 22
The Goldbergs - "So Swayze It's Crazy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Adam sees his friend on television, he asks Beverly for her help to become an actor, so Beverly enlists his friend’s mom Edie, who is a kid talent agent in town. Unfortunately, Edie insists Adam can only get “nerd” roles, so Beverly goes on a quest to make Adam a teenage heartthrob. Meanwhile, Barry decides to embrace the punk lifestyle, and Murray attempts to become more involved in Erica’s life, but it backfires.
Speechless - "O-S-- OSCAR P-A-- PARTY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Dimeos throw their annual Oscar party with other special-needs families, Maya feels threatened by new mom Becca, who seems a little too perfect. Meanwhile, Jimmy encourages the fathers at the party to let loose while Ray tries to impress a girl by pretending to be someone he is not.
Modern Family - "Heavy Is the Head" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite their lofty hopes, Phil and Jay’s property investment might turn out to be a bust, forcing Phil to rethink his original dream. Meanwhile, Cam lands in the hospital due to a head injury and refuses to have an MRI thanks to a traumatic incident with a well when he was a child. Determined to finally impress Claire and keep her from re-gifting her birthday present, Gloria surprises her with a day of luxury at the office. However, after Claire had to implement some rather harsh budget cuts at work, a massage at her desk may not be sending the right message.
black-ish - "One Angry Man" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is forced to participate in jury duty after Junior responds to the summons that was thrown away. The case is supposed to be open and shut, but when Dre sees that the defendant is a young African American, he feels a civic responsibility to give him a fair trial. Meanwhile, Bow decides to let the kids swear in the house since they are more open with her that way, but she and Ruby soon regret the decision.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.
Man Seeking Woman - "Dolphin" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When her mom becomes obsessed with Josh's wedding, Liz seeks out her estranged father (Peter Gallagher).
Schitt's Creek - "General Store" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David comes up with a new business venture; Alexis adjusts to her first day of school.
Wednesday, February 22
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Tom and George are guests on a repeat of the 2012 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat) - Ariana drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly)- Billy appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Ultimate Beastmaster on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Matt Shively (The Real O'Neals/True Jackson, VP) - Matt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette dishes about the new season of SuperMansion on Crackle on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.