Monday, January 16, 2012
Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers Reunite After Over 30 Years! To Air Feb. 2 On The Web; 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards Winners
After over 30 years, Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers have reunited! Yes, the Three's Company co-stars who have not spoken to each other since the whole Suzanne Somers contract dispute started during season five of Three's Company, which was in 1980-81, have now finally reunited. We have all seen the E! True Hollywood Story and all of the reports on this feud on various programs like Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, TV Guide's Truth Behind the Sitcom Scandals, and others over the years, but I don't think anyone really thought that Joyce and Suzanne would ever reunite, but they now have! Sources tell SitcomsOnline, which includes Chris Mann - author of Come and Knock On Our: A Hers and Hers and His Guide to Three's Company - and also Joyce DeWitt's camp, that the reunion happened in early December 2011 (last month) as Suzanne's representatives asked Joyce's representatives about a possible on-camera reunion. After some back and forth, both sides agreed and Joyce agreed to appear with Suzanne on-camera on Suzanne's new web series Breaking Through from CafeMom, which premiered on Jan. 5. The web series airs every Thursday on CafeMom.com and on YouTube. Word first got out of this reunion last Thursday when on episode two, which featured guests Kathie Lee Gifford & Hoda Kotb (Today 4), that the two will finally reunite. Watch episode two at around the 2:08 mark and you'll see Suzanne bring it up to Kathie Lee and Hoda. What is Breaking Through about? It's Suzanne Somers new web series that talks about becoming an empowered patient, staying healthy and sexy, and she also has a bunch of special guests to join the fun and it is new every Thursday! I suggest you watch episode one as well, as it seems that "break through" from that episode really got Suzanne thinking about life and perhaps that is one of the reasons she finally decided to reunite with Joyce DeWitt?
So when is this actually going to air? Joyce DeWitt's camp tells us that the reunion will hit the internet on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012 as part of the fifth episode of Breaking Through. This is certainly a break though (pun intended)! Suzanne Somers has turned down so many reunions in the past, like appearing on John Ritter's 8 Simple Rules sitcom in 2002 and an actual Three's Company reunion that Fox was developing back in 2002. But since the passing of John Ritter in 2003, all reunion talk was never spoken about again and rightfully so, since you can't have an actual reunion without John. Our friend Chris Mann will do a better job in detailing all of the reunions that were planned in the past on his Reimagine That podcast on Retroality very soon! So you won't want to miss hearing that! It will air in late January just in time for the Joyce & Suzanne reunion air date of Feb. 2. Chris will also welcome guest star Lydia Cornell (Too Close for Comfort) so there is another reason to listen. And as we mentioned before, Chris is working on a 35th anniversary update of his book Come and Knock On Our: A Hers and Hers and His Guide to Three's Company, which is planned for release in fall 2012.
So as we near the 35th anniversary of Three's Company this March, we get this wonderful news that Joyce and Suzanne have reunited and made up. This is a historic feat and I'm so glad it has finally happened. Perhaps now we will finally get an actual retrospective reunion with the remaining members of the cast, which besides Joyce & Suzanne include Richard Kline (Larry), Priscilla Barnes (Terri), Jenilee Harrison (Cindy) and Anne Wedgeworth (Lana). I think ABC or another network could really come up with something like this and I'm sure it will be a big ratings hit. The Breaking Though reunion is a good start and I think it has opened the doors now for an actual TV reunion retrospective. If that doesn't happen, another option is a cast reunion on stage at the annual TV Land Awards. Wouldn't it be cool seeing all of the female roommates (Janet, Chrissy, Terri, & Cindy) that have lived with Jack Tripper all in one place? Let's not get that ahead of ourselves yet though, first we are very grateful that Joyce and Suzanne have reunited and you'll see it on CafeMom.com and on YouTube on Thursday, Feb. 2. We will have more on this in the coming weeks, but this story has now broke and I hope it will get the national media attention it deserves as a negative has turned into a positive! Suzanne is appearing on the CBS daytime talk show The Talk tomorrow, so perhaps she will mention that there and it will be all over the media like it should be. The door has opened, so come and knock on their door again!
The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards were given out last night. Here are the winners for the television portion:
BEST TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
Modern Family (ABC)
New Girl (Fox)
WINNER: Modern Family (ABC).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
Laura Dern, Enlightened (HBO)
Zooey Deschanel, New Girl (Fox)
Tina Fey, 30 Rock (NBC)
Laura Linney, The Big C (Showtime)
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation (NBC)
WINNER: Laura Dern, Enlightened (HBO).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock (NBC)
David Duchovny, Californication (Showtime)
Johnny Galecki, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Thomas Jane, Hung (HBO)
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes (Showtime)
WINNER: Matt LeBlanc, Episodes (Showtime).
BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
American Horror Story (FX)
Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
WINNER: Homeland (Showtime).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Claire Danes, Homeland (Showtime)
Mireille Enos, The Killing (ABC)
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife (CBS)
Madeleine Stowe, Revenge (ABC)
Callie Thorne, Necessary Roughness (USA Network)
WINNER: Claire Danes, Homeland (Showtime).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad (AMC)
Kelsey Grammer, Boss (Starz)
Jeremy Irons, The Borgias (Showtime)
Damian Lewis, Homeland (Showtime)
WINNER: Kelsey Grammer, Boss (Starz).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story (FX)
Kelly Macdonald, Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
Maggie Smith, Downtown Abbey (Masterpiece) (PBS)
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family (ABC
Evan Rachel Wood, Mildred Pierce (mini-series) (HBO)
WINNER: Jessica Lange, American Horror Story (FX).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Paul Giamatti, Too Big to Fail (TV film) (HBO)
Guy Pearce, Mildred Pierce (mini-series) (HBO)
Tim Robbins, Cinema Verite (TV film) (HBO)
Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family (ABC)
WINNER: Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones (HBO).
View the FULL list of television winners and to discuss this.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, June 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Application Deterioration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard, Sheldon, and Wolowitz run into problems when they file for a patent for their infinite persistence gyroscope. Also, Penny, Amy and Bernadette give Koothrappali dating advice when Emily reaches out to him after their breakup.
Life in Pieces - "Bite Flight Wing-Man Bonnie" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Heather and Tim finally find another couple they actually like to socialize with, but Sophia and their son don’t hit it off. Also, Greg insists he and Jen take separate flights in case something happens to the plane, Matt and John take Gary (Martin Mull) out to meet women, and Matt’s ex-wife, Bonnie (Brenda Song), surprises him with a visit. NFL Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk guest stars as himself. Academy Award winner Helen Hunt directed the episode.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "All That Glitters Is Gold" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The sudden death of an old friend forces the band to question where they're at and where they're going.
Thursday, June 30
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Catch Ellie on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) and Adam Goldberg (The Jim Gaffigan Show) - Jim and Adam are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Jim will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adam Devine (Workaholics/Modern Family) - Adam and Zac Efron are guests on Conan at 11pm on TBS. Adam will also be on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah shares two of her favorite dessert recipes you can make with your kids on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sayeed Shahidi (Uncle Buck/The First Family) - Sayeed is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Mario is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) and Elizabeth Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/Victorious) - Denis and Leary talk about Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. Denis will also beon CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jane Krakowski (Undateable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Jane appears on People Now at 8:30am.