Monday, January 16, 2012
Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers Reunite After Over 30 Years! To Air Feb. 2 On The Web; 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards Winners
After over 30 years, Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers have reunited! Yes, the Three's Company co-stars who have not spoken to each other since the whole Suzanne Somers contract dispute started during season five of Three's Company, which was in 1980-81, have now finally reunited. We have all seen the E! True Hollywood Story and all of the reports on this feud on various programs like Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, TV Guide's Truth Behind the Sitcom Scandals, and others over the years, but I don't think anyone really thought that Joyce and Suzanne would ever reunite, but they now have! Sources tell SitcomsOnline, which includes Chris Mann - author of Come and Knock On Our: A Hers and Hers and His Guide to Three's Company - and also Joyce DeWitt's camp, that the reunion happened in early December 2011 (last month) as Suzanne's representatives asked Joyce's representatives about a possible on-camera reunion. After some back and forth, both sides agreed and Joyce agreed to appear with Suzanne on-camera on Suzanne's new web series Breaking Through from CafeMom, which premiered on Jan. 5. The web series airs every Thursday on CafeMom.com and on YouTube. Word first got out of this reunion last Thursday when on episode two, which featured guests Kathie Lee Gifford & Hoda Kotb (Today 4), that the two will finally reunite. Watch episode two at around the 2:08 mark and you'll see Suzanne bring it up to Kathie Lee and Hoda. What is Breaking Through about? It's Suzanne Somers new web series that talks about becoming an empowered patient, staying healthy and sexy, and she also has a bunch of special guests to join the fun and it is new every Thursday! I suggest you watch episode one as well, as it seems that "break through" from that episode really got Suzanne thinking about life and perhaps that is one of the reasons she finally decided to reunite with Joyce DeWitt?
So when is this actually going to air? Joyce DeWitt's camp tells us that the reunion will hit the internet on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012 as part of the fifth episode of Breaking Through. This is certainly a break though (pun intended)! Suzanne Somers has turned down so many reunions in the past, like appearing on John Ritter's 8 Simple Rules sitcom in 2002 and an actual Three's Company reunion that Fox was developing back in 2002. But since the passing of John Ritter in 2003, all reunion talk was never spoken about again and rightfully so, since you can't have an actual reunion without John. Our friend Chris Mann will do a better job in detailing all of the reunions that were planned in the past on his Reimagine That podcast on Retroality very soon! So you won't want to miss hearing that! It will air in late January just in time for the Joyce & Suzanne reunion air date of Feb. 2. Chris will also welcome guest star Lydia Cornell (Too Close for Comfort) so there is another reason to listen. And as we mentioned before, Chris is working on a 35th anniversary update of his book Come and Knock On Our: A Hers and Hers and His Guide to Three's Company, which is planned for release in fall 2012.
So as we near the 35th anniversary of Three's Company this March, we get this wonderful news that Joyce and Suzanne have reunited and made up. This is a historic feat and I'm so glad it has finally happened. Perhaps now we will finally get an actual retrospective reunion with the remaining members of the cast, which besides Joyce & Suzanne include Richard Kline (Larry), Priscilla Barnes (Terri), Jenilee Harrison (Cindy) and Anne Wedgeworth (Lana). I think ABC or another network could really come up with something like this and I'm sure it will be a big ratings hit. The Breaking Though reunion is a good start and I think it has opened the doors now for an actual TV reunion retrospective. If that doesn't happen, another option is a cast reunion on stage at the annual TV Land Awards. Wouldn't it be cool seeing all of the female roommates (Janet, Chrissy, Terri, & Cindy) that have lived with Jack Tripper all in one place? Let's not get that ahead of ourselves yet though, first we are very grateful that Joyce and Suzanne have reunited and you'll see it on CafeMom.com and on YouTube on Thursday, Feb. 2. We will have more on this in the coming weeks, but this story has now broke and I hope it will get the national media attention it deserves as a negative has turned into a positive! Suzanne is appearing on the CBS daytime talk show The Talk tomorrow, so perhaps she will mention that there and it will be all over the media like it should be. The door has opened, so come and knock on their door again!
The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards were given out last night. Here are the winners for the television portion:
BEST TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
Modern Family (ABC)
New Girl (Fox)
WINNER: Modern Family (ABC).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
Laura Dern, Enlightened (HBO)
Zooey Deschanel, New Girl (Fox)
Tina Fey, 30 Rock (NBC)
Laura Linney, The Big C (Showtime)
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation (NBC)
WINNER: Laura Dern, Enlightened (HBO).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock (NBC)
David Duchovny, Californication (Showtime)
Johnny Galecki, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Thomas Jane, Hung (HBO)
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes (Showtime)
WINNER: Matt LeBlanc, Episodes (Showtime).
BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
American Horror Story (FX)
Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
WINNER: Homeland (Showtime).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Claire Danes, Homeland (Showtime)
Mireille Enos, The Killing (ABC)
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife (CBS)
Madeleine Stowe, Revenge (ABC)
Callie Thorne, Necessary Roughness (USA Network)
WINNER: Claire Danes, Homeland (Showtime).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad (AMC)
Kelsey Grammer, Boss (Starz)
Jeremy Irons, The Borgias (Showtime)
Damian Lewis, Homeland (Showtime)
WINNER: Kelsey Grammer, Boss (Starz).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story (FX)
Kelly Macdonald, Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
Maggie Smith, Downtown Abbey (Masterpiece) (PBS)
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family (ABC
Evan Rachel Wood, Mildred Pierce (mini-series) (HBO)
WINNER: Jessica Lange, American Horror Story (FX).
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINI-SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Paul Giamatti, Too Big to Fail (TV film) (HBO)
Guy Pearce, Mildred Pierce (mini-series) (HBO)
Tim Robbins, Cinema Verite (TV film) (HBO)
Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family (ABC)
WINNER: Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones (HBO).
View the FULL list of television winners and to discuss this.
Mike & Molly - "Molly Unleashed" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Molly finds herself at a crossroads with her career, she makes a huge decision. Brian Baumgartner guest stars as Molly’s union rep, James.
The Millers - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan and his sister, Debbie, are upset when their parents announce they’re divorcing after 43 years of marriage. However, that’s nothing compared to the panic they feel when Carol, their intrusive mother, announces that she’s moving in with Nathan, while Tom, their easily distracted father, is moving in with Debbie.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Colette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.