Thursday, January 26, 2012
ABC Family Alters Daytime Line-Up, Gilmore Girls Back In Evening; MeTV Network Dramas Strong In Jacksonville, FL
ABC Family will be making some changes to its daytime line-up beginning next week (Monday, Jan. 30). The highlight of the change is the removal of Still Standing and the addition of Gilmore Girls back into early evening. America's Funniest Home Videos returns to ABC Family as a regular series, as it usually gets preempted at 6pm. AFV will replace back-to-back episodes of Still Standing at noon ET. Then in the 1pm hour, 8 Simple Rules moves to an earlier hour replacing an hour of Grounded for Life. That sitcom remains in the 2pm hour as it replaced My Wife & Kids earlier in the month as the Damon Wayans comedy is no longer airing on ABC Family. At 3pm, the That '70s Show two-hour block will shift up an hour, so the 3pm hour is replacing 8 Simple Rules. At 4pm, That '70s Show will remain, but now the 5pm hour will be the return of Gilmore Girls in the time period. And Gilmore Girls will remain in its 11am slot as well! Double the Lorelai and Rory fun! There are no other changes, but if you missed it, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air now airs most weeknights now at 12:00am & 12:30am as of Dec. 26, replacing Whose Line Is It Anyway, which is off the schedule. The Will Smith comedy was only airing on late nights on weekends prior to it joining the weeknight line-up on Dec. 26.
That's all for now, stay with us for further updates if Still Standing returns or not. We're not sure if My Wife & Kids' contract expired or not (as it hasn't aired in 2012), but we'll try to find out.
MeTV Network affiliate WAWS, Jacksonville (DMA Rank 50) is enjoying impressive local ratings after becoming an affiliate of the MeTV Network. The Newport owned WAWS 30.2 is beating its competitors in several time periods throughout the day. On many days their 7A-1A shares tie or beat WJXX (ABC) and WCWJ (CW), according to Jim Zerwekh, Vice President and General Manager of WAWS. On January 18, MeTV on MyTVJAX ranked third in several time periods behind WAWS (FOX) and WTEV (CBS). Programming such as Daniel Boone, Perry Mason, Gunsmoke, Bonanza and The Big Valley beat the following shows on WTLV (NBC), WJXX (ABC), WCWJ (CW), WJXT (Ind.): Anderson, Live with Kelly, Judge Mathis, The Nate Berkus Show, Excused, The Chew, Revolution, General Hospital, Dr. Drew, and The Big Bang Theory (syndication).
These are some of the highlights of MeTV Jacksonville's success; all times are Eastern:
· Daniel Boone at 9 a.m. had a 1.7 HH rating, which beat Live with Kelly on WJXX
· Perry Mason at 10 a.m. had a 1.1 HH rating, which beat Anderson on WJXX
· Gunsmoke at 1 p.m. had a 1.9 HH rating, which beat The Chew on WJXX and Excused on WJXT
· Bonanza at 2 p.m. had a 2.1 HH rating, which beat The Revolution on WJXX, The Big Bang Theory (syndication) on WJXT and Judge Mathis on WCWJ
· The Big Valley at 3 p.m. had a 2.5 HH rating, which beat The Nate Berkus Show on WJXT, General Hospital on WJXX and Dr. Drew on WCWJ
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.