Thursday, January 26, 2012
ABC Family Alters Daytime Line-Up, Gilmore Girls Back In Evening; MeTV Network Dramas Strong In Jacksonville, FL
ABC Family will be making some changes to its daytime line-up beginning next week (Monday, Jan. 30). The highlight of the change is the removal of Still Standing and the addition of Gilmore Girls back into early evening. America's Funniest Home Videos returns to ABC Family as a regular series, as it usually gets preempted at 6pm. AFV will replace back-to-back episodes of Still Standing at noon ET. Then in the 1pm hour, 8 Simple Rules moves to an earlier hour replacing an hour of Grounded for Life. That sitcom remains in the 2pm hour as it replaced My Wife & Kids earlier in the month as the Damon Wayans comedy is no longer airing on ABC Family. At 3pm, the That '70s Show two-hour block will shift up an hour, so the 3pm hour is replacing 8 Simple Rules. At 4pm, That '70s Show will remain, but now the 5pm hour will be the return of Gilmore Girls in the time period. And Gilmore Girls will remain in its 11am slot as well! Double the Lorelai and Rory fun! There are no other changes, but if you missed it, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air now airs most weeknights now at 12:00am & 12:30am as of Dec. 26, replacing Whose Line Is It Anyway, which is off the schedule. The Will Smith comedy was only airing on late nights on weekends prior to it joining the weeknight line-up on Dec. 26.
That's all for now, stay with us for further updates if Still Standing returns or not. We're not sure if My Wife & Kids' contract expired or not (as it hasn't aired in 2012), but we'll try to find out.
MeTV Network affiliate WAWS, Jacksonville (DMA Rank 50) is enjoying impressive local ratings after becoming an affiliate of the MeTV Network. The Newport owned WAWS 30.2 is beating its competitors in several time periods throughout the day. On many days their 7A-1A shares tie or beat WJXX (ABC) and WCWJ (CW), according to Jim Zerwekh, Vice President and General Manager of WAWS. On January 18, MeTV on MyTVJAX ranked third in several time periods behind WAWS (FOX) and WTEV (CBS). Programming such as Daniel Boone, Perry Mason, Gunsmoke, Bonanza and The Big Valley beat the following shows on WTLV (NBC), WJXX (ABC), WCWJ (CW), WJXT (Ind.): Anderson, Live with Kelly, Judge Mathis, The Nate Berkus Show, Excused, The Chew, Revolution, General Hospital, Dr. Drew, and The Big Bang Theory (syndication).
These are some of the highlights of MeTV Jacksonville's success; all times are Eastern:
· Daniel Boone at 9 a.m. had a 1.7 HH rating, which beat Live with Kelly on WJXX
· Perry Mason at 10 a.m. had a 1.1 HH rating, which beat Anderson on WJXX
· Gunsmoke at 1 p.m. had a 1.9 HH rating, which beat The Chew on WJXX and Excused on WJXT
· Bonanza at 2 p.m. had a 2.1 HH rating, which beat The Revolution on WJXX, The Big Bang Theory (syndication) on WJXT and Judge Mathis on WCWJ
· The Big Valley at 3 p.m. had a 2.5 HH rating, which beat The Nate Berkus Show on WJXT, General Hospital on WJXX and Dr. Drew on WCWJ
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.