Monday, December 26, 2011
The Hallmark Channel has acquired the cable rights to the classic '70s sitcom The Bob Newhart Show! The classic comedy will begin next week on Monday, Jan. 2, 2012 and will air every weekday morning in a block from 8-10am with four episodes every morning. The cable network has been airing Christmas movies since Thanksgiving so the sitcoms have taken a back seat since, but they will return on Jan. 2. Essentially the block will replace The Golden Girls from 8-10am. This is the first schedule change in quite some time for Hallmark, so we will recap to you their line-up. Mornings begin with I Love Lucy from 5am-8am leading into Bob Newhart from 8am-10am. Mr. Newhart and company will lead into the Martha Stewart at Home block from 10am-3pm. Then afternoons and evenings will remain the same with back-to-back-to-back hours each of The Waltons from 3-6pm and Little House on the Prairie from 6pm-9pm. In primetime, Frasier also remains from 9pm-12am, followed by The Golden Girls from 12am-2am. Cheers gets an hour late nights from 2-3am, leading into more Frasier from 3am-5am.
On weekends, we have I Love Lucy still from 5-8am leading into The Golden Girls from 8-10am. Movies take over from 10am-12am and then more The Golden Girls airs from 12am-2am, followed by a block of Frasier from 2am-4am and finally an hour of Cheers from 4-5am. Marathon wise, you can catch a marathon of The Golden Girls on Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday on Monday, January 16, 2012 from 3pm-2am.
As for The Bob Newhart Show, it currently also airs on digital broadcast TV on MeTV Network. It also airs on cable on FamilyNet since this past fall every evening and in primetime, so Hallmark will share the rights with FamilyNet. So now if you don't get MeTV or FamilyNet, you'll be able to watch Bob on The Hallmark Channel, as mostly everyone with cable has this network. Stay with us for further information.
If you missed the first cycle of the short-lived Three's Company continuation series Three's a Crowd starring John Ritter on Antenna TV this past summer now you have another chance to watch all 22 episodes! Just like how Antenna TV aired a second cycle of The Ropers, they will air Three's a Crowd again in the Three's Company time period of Mon-Thurs from 8-9pm (with an encore from 12-1am) starting Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011. This will be only for 11 nights, since it only had 22 episodes and they air two episodes a night. Three's Company is tentatively scheduled to return with its first episode on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012. That will be the start of the long-running series' third cycle on Antenna TV. You can catch the series finale on Wednesday, Dec. 28 before Three's a Crowd takes over for the next eleven nights.
I just love how they incorporate both The Ropers and Three's a Crowd into the Three's Company cycle. You'll see The Ropers series again on Antenna TV for the third time when those characters leave Three's Company at the end of season three. If my calculations are correct, it will be sometime in early March. So you'll see The Ropers in the second half-hour of the Three's Company hour and air for 28 nights, as they will only air one episode a night and the series had 28 episodes. Stay with us for further information as always!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, June 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Application Deterioration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard, Sheldon, and Wolowitz run into problems when they file for a patent for their infinite persistence gyroscope. Also, Penny, Amy and Bernadette give Koothrappali dating advice when Emily reaches out to him after their breakup.
Life in Pieces - "Bite Flight Wing-Man Bonnie" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Heather and Tim finally find another couple they actually like to socialize with, but Sophia and their son don’t hit it off. Also, Greg insists he and Jen take separate flights in case something happens to the plane, Matt and John take Gary (Martin Mull) out to meet women, and Matt’s ex-wife, Bonnie (Brenda Song), surprises him with a visit. NFL Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk guest stars as himself. Academy Award winner Helen Hunt directed the episode.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "All That Glitters Is Gold" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The sudden death of an old friend forces the band to question where they're at and where they're going.
Thursday, June 30
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Catch Ellie on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) and Adam Goldberg (The Jim Gaffigan Show) - Jim and Adam are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Jim will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adam Devine (Workaholics/Modern Family) - Adam and Zac Efron are guests on Conan at 11pm on TBS. Adam will also be on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah shares two of her favorite dessert recipes you can make with your kids on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sayeed Shahidi (Uncle Buck/The First Family) - Sayeed is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Mario is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) and Elizabeth Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/Victorious) - Denis and Leary talk about Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. Denis will also beon CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jane Krakowski (Undateable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Jane appears on People Now at 8:30am.