Monday, December 26, 2011
The Hallmark Channel has acquired the cable rights to the classic '70s sitcom The Bob Newhart Show! The classic comedy will begin next week on Monday, Jan. 2, 2012 and will air every weekday morning in a block from 8-10am with four episodes every morning. The cable network has been airing Christmas movies since Thanksgiving so the sitcoms have taken a back seat since, but they will return on Jan. 2. Essentially the block will replace The Golden Girls from 8-10am. This is the first schedule change in quite some time for Hallmark, so we will recap to you their line-up. Mornings begin with I Love Lucy from 5am-8am leading into Bob Newhart from 8am-10am. Mr. Newhart and company will lead into the Martha Stewart at Home block from 10am-3pm. Then afternoons and evenings will remain the same with back-to-back-to-back hours each of The Waltons from 3-6pm and Little House on the Prairie from 6pm-9pm. In primetime, Frasier also remains from 9pm-12am, followed by The Golden Girls from 12am-2am. Cheers gets an hour late nights from 2-3am, leading into more Frasier from 3am-5am.
On weekends, we have I Love Lucy still from 5-8am leading into The Golden Girls from 8-10am. Movies take over from 10am-12am and then more The Golden Girls airs from 12am-2am, followed by a block of Frasier from 2am-4am and finally an hour of Cheers from 4-5am. Marathon wise, you can catch a marathon of The Golden Girls on Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday on Monday, January 16, 2012 from 3pm-2am.
As for The Bob Newhart Show, it currently also airs on digital broadcast TV on MeTV Network. It also airs on cable on FamilyNet since this past fall every evening and in primetime, so Hallmark will share the rights with FamilyNet. So now if you don't get MeTV or FamilyNet, you'll be able to watch Bob on The Hallmark Channel, as mostly everyone with cable has this network. Stay with us for further information.
If you missed the first cycle of the short-lived Three's Company continuation series Three's a Crowd starring John Ritter on Antenna TV this past summer now you have another chance to watch all 22 episodes! Just like how Antenna TV aired a second cycle of The Ropers, they will air Three's a Crowd again in the Three's Company time period of Mon-Thurs from 8-9pm (with an encore from 12-1am) starting Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011. This will be only for 11 nights, since it only had 22 episodes and they air two episodes a night. Three's Company is tentatively scheduled to return with its first episode on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012. That will be the start of the long-running series' third cycle on Antenna TV. You can catch the series finale on Wednesday, Dec. 28 before Three's a Crowd takes over for the next eleven nights.
I just love how they incorporate both The Ropers and Three's a Crowd into the Three's Company cycle. You'll see The Ropers series again on Antenna TV for the third time when those characters leave Three's Company at the end of season three. If my calculations are correct, it will be sometime in early March. So you'll see The Ropers in the second half-hour of the Three's Company hour and air for 28 nights, as they will only air one episode a night and the series had 28 episodes. Stay with us for further information as always!
Mike & Molly - "Molly Unleashed" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Molly finds herself at a crossroads with her career, she makes a huge decision. Brian Baumgartner guest stars as Molly’s union rep, James.
The Millers - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan and his sister, Debbie, are upset when their parents announce they’re divorcing after 43 years of marriage. However, that’s nothing compared to the panic they feel when Carol, their intrusive mother, announces that she’s moving in with Nathan, while Tom, their easily distracted father, is moving in with Debbie.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Colette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.